We All Role Play The Heir of Iron and Blood

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Jan 20, 2015 at 01:17PM
Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones

Note: This role play may contain mature content that is not suitable for the young of mind

It was 219 AC, during the Great Spring Sickness when a greater tragedy struck the Seven Kingdoms, the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, his family and most of his court. The next heir is but a child. This time of turmoil and sickness brings chaos to the land, even more with the threat from the rising from East…

With the king day, ambitions rise. Play the Game of Thrones, work your way, rule the kingdom or serve the babe. Remember In the Game of Thrones, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

~~~

This Role Play will be set in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros. You may play your part no matter the size or nobility, as it is a time of chaos.

~~~
Some Background Information

The Spring Sickness is an unknown sickness that affects most of Westeros. A man may wake up healthy and die by the evening. There is no cure for this so far

When the Throne room was shut and the blood bath began, the dragons seem to have sensed it. King's Aerys dragon Vermithor burst out of the Dragon pit and flew straight into the throne room breaking past the door. It is said that the Dragon was mad seeing the dead body of its master, it burned the everybody till all that was left was just smoke as ashes.

link

Currency

Copper Coins~
Penny and Halfpenny.
Half Groat, 2 pennies.
Groat, 4 pennies.
Star, 8 pennies.

Silver Coins~
Stag, 7 stars or 56 pennies
Moon, 49 stars or 392 pennies

Gold Coins~
Dragons, 30 Moons, 210 Stags or 11,760 pennies.

The coins most commonly encountered are: Half-Pennies, Pennies, Stars, Stags and Dragons; rarely does anyone have the change on levels between.

~~~~
Characters

The King's Court

Lord Regent and Hand of the King - link

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - link

Master of coin -

Master of laws -

Master of whisperers - link

Master of ships -

Grand Maester -

Kingsguard

link

Others

link

link

link

link

link

link
[i]Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones[/i]

[b]Note: This role play may contain
last edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 03:21PM

We All Role Play 2882 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 2882

over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Morgan Martell

He looked at his brother a last time before Ser Robert dragged him back to the tent.
"Don't run off like that kid, tell us first"
Morgan glance at the Regent before nodding

Lord Jacaerys

Jacaerys signals the announcer to start the next joust, taking another sip of wine. He looked at the Prince. The Targaryen looked down.
"Its fine, Aelor, you haven't learned. But you will, you will be King one day, you still have a long time ahead of you."
over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Ser Aeden

"My apologies, Young Master, It was my fault..." He spoke quietly to the Prince as he assumed his position by the young Dragon's side.
over a year ago PungoBliss said…
"Does anyone know anything of that Martell?" Analia asked, she had been standing near the prince and his party to watch the tournament, and was rather fascinated by the lad who so easily angered the Kingsguard.
Ser Aeden

"His name is Jolan, a Martell heir who is a well known Pitt Viper, or Eastern Knight." The man grumbled, watching as two Knights began to joust. "... He goes by Lan, but rarely speaks, in fact... I can't say I've heard him speak ever..."
last edited over a year ago
"Interesting." She said. Frowning in though, "does anyone know why he does not speak?"
Ser Aeden

"I don't know, something about the death of someone close, maybe a lover?" The Knight muttered, removing his helmet for a moment to wipe away the sweat from his forehead. "Go ask him if you like, but I'd doubt he'd say anything..."
She glanced at him, and then moved towards the Martell's tent, and after greeting young Morgan and speaking with the boy's guards, spoke at length with some of them, returning with a look of interest towards the young knight. "His sister, they where twins."
Ser Aeden

The man continued to watch the joust, almost unaffected by the information. "... House Martell has long been rivals to House Reyne and Lannister. So if you'd like me to show some sympathies for the man, you've found the wrong knight."
"I only thought u would like to know a bit about the lad who calmly crushed your honor beneath his boot."
Ser Aeden

He turned slightly, showing a small grin. "You know nothing of Honor in the West..." Aeden muttered quietly. "... Forgive my arrogance, but if anyone showed honor, it was me, not a Martell. The same Martell who struck an opponent while his back was turned."
"An opponent who was unfairly challenged when he won a joust."
Ser Aeden

"Unfair? I challenged Jolan to defend my comrade's honor, not out of my own spite." He raised an eyebrow. "The Martell won the match fair and square, that much I agree, but I was not about to let Lucius's honor be questioned by that crowd... He is about to become the second Commander to the Kingsguard after all."
"There was nothing to be questioned. He was outmatched by an excellent horseman, which Kingsguards are not, I can confidently say."
Ser Aeden

He turned towards the Prince and bowed slightly. "Forgive me, but I must step away for a moment, I will have another Connington guard fill my place in my stead." Aeden said quietly, before taking Analia from the presence of the future king. "... You speak of matters you know little about. Kingsguards are warriors, in fact most who become one are known to be experts in the three fields of combat; Horseback, Archery, and the art of the Sword... Now I must ask you one question, why are you defending a Martell?"
"I do not defend the house. I care nothing about any of the great families. The lad interests me, is all. He is unusual."
Ser Aeden

"You should care, seeing as you are the new Mistress of whispers it is your job to care." He said, then shook his head calmly.
"My job is to know. Not to care." She said dryly, turned, and walked silently away, tired of concerning with the older knight.
Ser Aeden

"... Quite a servant of the realm." He muttered sarcastically as he stepped back to the Princes side.
"Ser Duncan and Ser Ormund"

Ser Duncan

Dunk heard his named called out and readied himself to joust. Ser Ormund, Dunk jousted with his father before, Lord Lyonel was a storm at the joust, now he faces the son.
Ser Ormund

"Right, well this shouldn't take long..." He grinned as he mounted his horse.

"Of course, Ser." His squire nodded, before handing the man his lance, then the yellow shield, bearing the black Stag of House Baratheon.

"You doubt my abilities, Jorn?" The Knight raised an eyebrow as he hefted the lance, guiding it into the space below his shoulder. "You'll see." He chuckled and readied his shield as well.
Ser Duncan

Dunk bowed his head a little to Ser Ormund. He grip his lance and shield, waiting, waiting, for the horns to blow. Duncan eyed the Storm Knight. He would aim at his shield first, to throw him off balance. Hopefully it will work. Dunk prayed to the warrior and the horns were blowned.
Ser Ormund

The Young man spurred his horse, forcing the colt to neigh and charge. As the steel armor rattled with every gallop, the Baratheon felt time slow down, all as he aimed the heavy lance towards the center mass of his opponent.
Ser Duncan

Dunk charged raising his lance high to strike down to the Baratheon. Closer. Closer. Closer. Closer. CLANK
The sound of metal on metal filled the air.
Ser Ormund

In that moment, both lances hit their mark... But only one remained upon their horse.

"Ah, No!... No, again, we go again!" The Baratheon shouted as he rose from the sand, picking up his shield as he once again mounted his horse.
Ser Duncan

Dunk stopped his horse and dropped the broken lance. His hands trembled from the contact. Dunk looked to Ser Ormund, mounted again.
"Very well"
Dunk got another lance from a boy and readied himself again, shieldless. He gripped harder and focused. Ser Ormund could hold on, but Dunk was no so sure of himself this round.
Ser Ormund

He looked to the various noblemen and peasants alike, all watching him in silence. The young Stag would not back down, for he knew this would mean dishonor to his father and lord. The man then received his new Lance and made his horse return to the other end of the tourny ground.
Lord Jacaerys

Jacaerys signals the man to blow the horn again, allowing the combatants to joust.

Ser Duncan

Dunk breathed, perhaps the warrior will grant him another victory, or maybe the Storm will rage even more. Dunk made his way to the other end, watching Ser Ormund, he would not fall for the same trick again. The knight decide to let the Faiths decide this joust.
Ser Ormund

With one final breath, the young Stag leaned into the lance and held strong as the lance collided with his opponent. The hard end, impacting the large Knight's open side.
Ser Duncan

Dunk tried to strike Ser Ormund's helm, but he was too slow and missed. He felt the lance at his side as he is blown off the horse onto dust. Dunk coughed throwing his helmet aside.
Ser Ormund

The Young Knight grinned under his helmet, satisfied with keeping to his honor. As the horse trotted back to its starting position, Ormund turned towards the Large Knight. "Since you allowed me a second turn, I shall grant you the same, if you wish Ser Duncan." The Young Stag spoke confidently as he bowed slightly.
Ser Duncan

Dunk sat up "I thank you my lord, but I wouldn't be able to face your storm again." He smiled standing up, cracking his bones. "I to need my strength for the melee" Duncan bowed to the Storm Knight.
Ser Ormund

"... Very well, you're pretty smart for a giant, and a damn hard hitter." He said, before glancing towards the Prince, then back again. "You rode with honor, Ser." The young Stag spoke to the man, before his horse took him from the field.
Ser Duncan

Dunk took his horse away and looked at the Prince Aelor, who reminded him so much of his friend and squire....
And so the Joust of the Tourney was ended, only to be continued by the melee, where warriors would fight with dulled blades until one gave in and knelt...
The young Martell stood alone at that point, the horse had been lead off by a helpful youth , to be unsaddled and watered. Lan was eying the other knights with a bit of trepidation, each of these men where at least a head taller, and much broader than the slim, small bodied Martell. But they weren't anything the youngster couldn't handle.
Ser Aeden

The time finally came when Aeden was chosen to be one of the five Knights to take part in the first Melee of the day. A fact, the Knight did not take lightly...

The crowd had moved to a circular arena, surrounded by wooden seats, with the King's court seated at the highest point. Five Knights clad in steel armor stepped onto the field, some carried swords, others axes, and one with even a lance and shield. But Ser Aeden chose only a sword, for it is all he would ever need...
The Martell moved to stand near, but not with the others waiting their turns in the fight, watching with interest.
Mere Moments Later...

"For the first Mass Melee challenge, five knights will compete in a free for all match until only one remains standing... Then the Prince and the court will decide who is worthy of continuing on to the next match... From House Martell, we have Ser Lan, using a lance with small sword and shield... From House Clegane we have Ser Barnor, using a heavy steel axe..." And so the man continued until the time came when Ser Aeden's name was called. "As is fitting in choosing new Kingsguard, you will all be tested by the Second Commander of the Kingsguard, Ser Aeden of House Reyne."
The Martell stood calmly, the long llightweight lance far different than the one broken during the joust. It had a blade on one end, like an arrow's head, dulled of course, with another point at the other end. An unusual choice of weapon, as the weight of it prevented any really powerful attacks. The sword remained at the youngster's hip, unneeded for now.
Ser Aeden

The first to enter the field of battle was the monstrous Ser Barnor of House Clegane. A lone beast towering at seven feet tall, with heavy armor adding to his brutish figure.
The Martell was next, moving along the edge of the ring, avoiding the other knights, for now.
Ser Aeden

The Kingsguard entered last, walking slowly onto the field. His sword was held low, pointed towards the sand as he observed the others.
The Martell stood silently, watching the other knights as they started to fight, the lance held loosely in left hand. Lan would wait for them to beat each other senseless in their desire to please the boy prince.
Ser Aeden

The Knight's only real job was to weed out the worthy from the highborn pretty boys, or straight up thugs. "So you're a Kingsguard huh?" A man called out, bearing the eagle of house Arryn on his shield. Aeden did not reply, even when the younger knight began to thrust his blade at the Kingsguard. In a flash, Aeden had a hold of the boy's sword hilt and kicked the Arryn to the ground. "Work on your footing, boy, you walk around like some cunt." He grumbled, tossing the blade to the boy.
The Martell was distracted from pacing and watching as another knight, an older man full of arrogance saw the smaller, younger fighter as an easy target. The man charged, and was knocked casually aside by a blow to the back of the knees, the Martell had stepped lightly aside and swing faster than he could react.
Ser Aeden

As the boy began to rise, a massive steel boot, kicked the boy back to the ground. "Nighty-Night little Knight." The Clegane laughed, smashing his boot down against the Knight;s head, knocking the boy out cold instantly.
The Martell turned away from the older knight when he didn't rise immediately to attack again, attention Now on the giant before the Kingsguard.
Ser Aeden

The Man raised his blade to parry and was suddenly gasping when his dulled iron sword was cut in two by the might of the Celgane warrior. "Son of a..." The Kingsguard murmured, before he ran to the Arryn boy's sword, picking it up quickly to resume to one on one fight.
The Martell frowned slightly, and stepped in, attacking the giant from behind, a low blow towards his legs, if only a distraction to aide the Kingsguard for a moment, even as the old knight rose from where he had fallen, moving around to Aeden, intending to strike as he was distracted.
Ser Aeden

Aeden wasted no time to strike at the Martell, before sidestepping and going for the distracted Celgane. The Knight moved, quickly, taking in the scene as he circled the massive knight.