We All Role Play The Heir of Iron and Blood

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Jan 20, 2015 at 01:17PM
Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones

Note: This role play may contain mature content that is not suitable for the young of mind

It was 219 AC, during the Great Spring Sickness when a greater tragedy struck the Seven Kingdoms, the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, his family and most of his court. The next heir is but a child. This time of turmoil and sickness brings chaos to the land, even more with the threat from the rising from East…

With the king day, ambitions rise. Play the Game of Thrones, work your way, rule the kingdom or serve the babe. Remember In the Game of Thrones, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

~~~

This Role Play will be set in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros. You may play your part no matter the size or nobility, as it is a time of chaos.

~~~
Some Background Information

The Spring Sickness is an unknown sickness that affects most of Westeros. A man may wake up healthy and die by the evening. There is no cure for this so far

When the Throne room was shut and the blood bath began, the dragons seem to have sensed it. King's Aerys dragon Vermithor burst out of the Dragon pit and flew straight into the throne room breaking past the door. It is said that the Dragon was mad seeing the dead body of its master, it burned the everybody till all that was left was just smoke as ashes.

link

Currency

Copper Coins~
Penny and Halfpenny.
Half Groat, 2 pennies.
Groat, 4 pennies.
Star, 8 pennies.

Silver Coins~
Stag, 7 stars or 56 pennies
Moon, 49 stars or 392 pennies

Gold Coins~
Dragons, 30 Moons, 210 Stags or 11,760 pennies.

The coins most commonly encountered are: Half-Pennies, Pennies, Stars, Stags and Dragons; rarely does anyone have the change on levels between.

~~~~
Characters

The King's Court

Lord Regent and Hand of the King - link

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - link

Master of coin -

Master of laws -

Master of whisperers - link

Master of ships -

Grand Maester -

Kingsguard

link

Others

link

link

link

link

link

link
[i]Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones[/i]

[b]Note: This role play may contain
last edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 03:21PM

We All Role Play 2882 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 2882

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Ser Aeden

"But I haven't been... Y-Yes my Lord." The Young Knight muttered, before stepping back over to the meeting table. He stood against a pillar in the room, folding his arms as he leaned against the stone work. "Will the Prince be joining us?"
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Lord Jacaerys

"No, not yet. I had him secured in the Tower of Hand for now. He is guarded by my own household guards. We need to keep him safe but we must not show fear to whoever did this to us." He said looking to the harpies near the table. "Only you and Lucius survived the attack. Did you manage to find out who they were before Vermithor burn them all?"
Ser Aeden

"No, All we could find was they were likely hired assassins from the East, since they used curved swords, similar to what the Dothraki Hordes use." The Knight answered, before shaking his head slowly. "Lucius and I were posted at the Prince's chambers when it all went down. By the time I got there, dragon fire was raging in the great hall."
last edited over a year ago
Lord Jacaerys

Everyone dead "They did not try to murder our Prince?"
Ser Aeden

"I believe, if not for that dragon, those assassins would have gone for the Prince as well." Aeden said, before sighing. He then went to the table and poured himself a small amount of the wine. "You can't imagine what it's like to watch as the man you swore to protect was killed in his own home. The guilt of it all, Lucius and me both, if not for that Prince... I'd be half way to Castamere by now..."
Lord Jacaerys

"We must thank the Gods the Prince is safe. I did not hear any dragons when entering the city..?"
Ser Aeden

"No one has seen the King's dragon since it flew from King's Landing... Of course that was two weeks ago. I imagine that beast is likely burning down villages and devouring livestock... A dragon with no Targaryen is not a good thing."
Lord Jacaerys

I nod "Sadly for now, we must attend to more pressing concerns"
Ser Aeden

"Of course, well, we have roughly one hundred and eighty city watchmen deployed throughout the city. The outer walls have been in better shape, but they will hold if need be. Also, If I may, I purpose a tournament for the knights of the realm, those who win can be sworn in as Kingsguard."
over a year ago PungoBliss said…
Analia just nodded. "Alright, thank you." She said, sighing softly as she turned towards the keep and walking quickly, arrived to the small room. She had been there many times before, it was a familiar place. She knocked softly at the door, waiting politely for an answer.
Ser Aeden

The Knight rose and walked to the wooden door, surprised to find the foreign woman when he opened it. "You? ... You're on the small council?" Aeden asked, instantly becoming overwhelmed by the embarrassment. "My apologies for earlier, I was not aware of your... position."
She stepped around him without a word, glancing around at the other men. "I actually don't know why I was asked to come."
Ser Aeden

The Knight looked towards the Lord Regent's Soldier, then found a position near the window overlooking Kingslanding. He felt he was not worthy of sitting before such men and women, the real rulers of the realm and its people.
Analia stayed near the door, eyeing the other people in the room with curiosity. She had set the bird free before going inside, but the Fox kit remained with her, and was playing with the ties on her worn shoes.
After some time had past, one after another, Lords and other High born men and women entered the room. Each sitting down before the council table...
Along with the Officers of the City Watch and the Grand Maester.

Lord Jacaerys

The Regent nodded towards Analia and thank Ricord.

"My Lords and Ladys, Its a delight to see you all here in such troubled times, to assist the throne" He said. Most of them weren't here before, likely they wish to seize power but some of them...some are loyal. "I was an advisor of the small council and close friends with the many taken away. By those who are left, they bestowed upon me the title of Lord Regent of the Seven Kingdoms" No doubt the Grand Maester had his own suspicions about these are lords.
"First, I make Ser Aeden Reyne, the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard. I believe you would" must "agree with me. Ser Aeden is as good with the sword as he is loyal and the rank befits him. Ser Lucius will be his second Commander. We will need to elect others for the Kingsguard."
Analia stood silently, watching, silently listening to those around her. She had met the Lord Jacaerys before, but couldn't remember exactly where.
Ser Aeden

The moment his name was mentioned, many of the nobles looked towards him and began whispering amongst themselves. "... My lord, I humbly accept, but of course, a position such as Lord Commander must be sworn in by the King, where his vows are read... If I may, my Lords and Ladies of the council, allow me to host a tournament in honor to the late king, granting any knights who wins the rite to be sworn in before the Prince... As Kingsguard."
Blaze_of_Ares commented…
its called Tourney btw over a year ago
Analia watched Ser Aeden with interest. He was truly a fascinating man, not jumping immediately into the role asked of him.
Lord Jacaerys

He pondered for a moment. "Aye, but we must not be too extravagant or the people will whisper that we're celebrating the King's death. The Prince must be present. I have seen him grown, he is more mature than boys his age but still a boy nonetheless. Now the next matter to be present is to reform the small council." Jacaerys looked towards Analia "I present you our new Mistress of Whispers, Analia"
Ser Aeden

The Knight formally nodded to the Lord Regent, before taking his place against the wall. All eyes then turned to the Foreigner and her small fox.
Analia bowed her head slightly, just for a moment. "I am happy to hold the honor." She said, tone void of emotion.
Lord Jacaerys

He could see the other Lords were uncomfortable. Jacaerys then sat down allowing the Grand Maester to speak his choices for the other council members.
Analia stayed where she was, listening silently, mulling over where she's seen the man before.
Lord Jacaerys

"There is one more thing my Lords. The Prince is in a sadden state. I request for you to send your children whom are of his age, to help him in these times. It will help him and also learn about the Kingdoms he will rule. They will be raised here under our care" Jacaerys said, but seeing their faces "They will not be hostages my Lords, I just wish to surround the Prince with high born companions."
Ser Aeden

The man found himself surprised by the new Lord Regent. It was quite obvious there was more to the red head than he dared show. A certain cunning, articulate mind for the game, a mind Aeden never would want the burden to bear.
"Does the boy have someone to take him places and entertain him? Not as a servant would, or another child, but someone who can show him the city, sate his curiosity of the world around him." Analia asked, turning to look at the Lord.
Lord Jacaerys

Jacaerys listened to Analia thinking "If you have an idea my lady I will gladly hear it. But for now the boy must remain in mourning, until the tourney of his kingsguard, where he must shown to the world without fear, as a Dragon. I end this meeting now. To those who leave, the Throne would be grateful for you to keep the King's Peace in your region. Troubled Times causes Troubled Matters. I thank you"
Ser Aeden

The Knight watched as the nobles took their leave. He then stepped closer to the Lord Regent. "The King entrusted me to protect the Prince, and I shall remain his personal guard. if need be, I can teach him how to wield a blade, as all kings should?"
"The child needs to get away from all of you men and be a child. It ruins a boy to force him to grow up so quickly." She scoffed. "I would like to spend some time with him, if you men wouldn't mind."
Ser Aeden

The Knight looked to Analia, then to the Lord Regent. "... The decision is yours... My Lord." He spoke quietly, as if yielding to his better.
Lord Jacaerys

"He is a boy, but also a King, a Targaryen, a Dragon. He will have lessons, the Kingsguard will provide him with the art of battle, and the mistress of whispers can teach him about the world." He nodded "He needs to grow, but he also needs to live"
"Thank you." She said, smiling brightly once again. "And I'm sure that Aeden here will follow us like he did me in the market this morning." She added more dryly, glancing at him again.
Ser Aeden

"Understood, I will coordinate with Analia on times for the lessons." Aeden insisted, honored by the Regent's choice. He then glanced towards Analia and rolled his eyes. "That was a mistake on my part, my duty is to the Prince, so... Yes, I will be following, but not for my own amusement."
She snorted softly, turning to go out of the room, the kit's nails scrabbling on the ground as he ran ahead of her out the door.
Lord Jacaerys

"Grand Maester, proceed sending the Ravens for all my orders. Ser Aeden, might you follow me in meeting with the prince?"
Analia stepped out of their way silently. "I will return tomorrow, perhaps, to see the Prince?"
Ser Aeden

"Of Course." He nodded, finishing off one of the lord's cups of wine, which had been left half full. "Seems a waste of wine if you ask me." Aeden said, grinning slightly. The small amount would not affect him if it came to fighting, for the Reyne knew how to drink, and knew how much he could take.
Lord Jacaerys

He nodded "Yes you may"
Ser Aeden

He took another drink, then proceeded to follow the Lord Regent. "If I may ask, How do you know my name?"
"Alright. I'm sure you know how to reach me, if I am needed. I will return tomorrow."
Lord Jacaerys

"My mind is not the only thing that brought me to the Kings Court, I have my ways." He said nodding to Analia.
Ser Aeden

"... I'm sure you do." The Knight uttered, walking beside the Lord as they went through the halls of the Red Keep.
"Actually, I wondered as well as to how you know me." Analia turned to face the Lord again, frowning softly.
Ser Aeden

"We are all from many different lands, my lord, so how is it that you know so much, yet we know so little about you?" The man asked in response to Analia's inquiry.
Analia had followed them, wanting her own question answered.
Lord Jacaerys

He sighed "Before I became an advisor at court, I worked the previous Master of Whispers. I helped him in many of his works. Of course this got the attention of Lord Brynden the Hand. Thus I was placed in court, advising the council for the good of the realm. But I still worked closely with the Whisperer and the Hand. They did not have any eyes and ears in Essos to spy on the Blackfyre pretenders, your name came up" Jacaerys said to Analia. "And you, Ser Aeden, no matter how much you can hide, the Throne will know, the Throne knows everything...until the Red Dawn"
Ser Aeden

"... I see, can't say I'm surprised, your ideas in the council suggested as much." He said, intending it to be a complement.
Analia frowned again, more softly before she turned away, making her way back outside, and then away from the city all together.
Lord Jacaerys

He dismisses the guards and opens the door to which he sees the Prince looking out the balcony. His silver hair shine the sun. "Prince Aelor"