We All Role Play The Heir of Iron and Blood

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Jan 20, 2015 at 01:17PM
Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones

Note: This role play may contain mature content that is not suitable for the young of mind

It was 219 AC, during the Great Spring Sickness when a greater tragedy struck the Seven Kingdoms, the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, his family and most of his court. The next heir is but a child. This time of turmoil and sickness brings chaos to the land, even more with the threat from the rising from East…

With the king day, ambitions rise. Play the Game of Thrones, work your way, rule the kingdom or serve the babe. Remember In the Game of Thrones, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

~~~

This Role Play will be set in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros. You may play your part no matter the size or nobility, as it is a time of chaos.

~~~
Some Background Information

The Spring Sickness is an unknown sickness that affects most of Westeros. A man may wake up healthy and die by the evening. There is no cure for this so far

When the Throne room was shut and the blood bath began, the dragons seem to have sensed it. King's Aerys dragon Vermithor burst out of the Dragon pit and flew straight into the throne room breaking past the door. It is said that the Dragon was mad seeing the dead body of its master, it burned the everybody till all that was left was just smoke as ashes.

link

Currency

Copper Coins~
Penny and Halfpenny.
Half Groat, 2 pennies.
Groat, 4 pennies.
Star, 8 pennies.

Silver Coins~
Stag, 7 stars or 56 pennies
Moon, 49 stars or 392 pennies

Gold Coins~
Dragons, 30 Moons, 210 Stags or 11,760 pennies.

The coins most commonly encountered are: Half-Pennies, Pennies, Stars, Stags and Dragons; rarely does anyone have the change on levels between.

~~~~
Characters

The King's Court

Lord Regent and Hand of the King - link

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - link

Master of coin -

Master of laws -

Master of whisperers - link

Master of ships -

Grand Maester -

Kingsguard

link

Others

link

link

link

link

link

link
[i]Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones[/i]

[b]Note: This role play may contain
last edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 03:21PM

We All Role Play 2882 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 2882

over a year ago PungoBliss said…
Analia let herself into the meeting silently, standing near the door while the men spoke.
over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Ser Aeden

"No, sadly the boy informed Lucius that he wasn't feeling up to training today, thus I won't force it upon him..." He paused as Analia entered the room. Aeden sent a nod her way, before turning once more to the Lord Regent. "... He's been through a lot after all."
"Besides, it is my turn to spend time with the lad." Analia said, reminding them both.
Ser Aeden

"Your turn? Since when are we children fighting over a toy?" The man raised an eyebrow. "You have every right to spend the hour with the Targaryen, so long as I am informed."
She nodded slightly, and quietly relayed the information that Clarke had given her to them.
Ser Aeden

"Gerold Lannister... That man is a blight upon the realm, a Lion with no honor." He spoke out of disdain. "... We can no longer trust the Lannisters with their word."
She nodded slightly, understanding.
Ser Aeden

"My father will want to hear this... I'll have to send a raven immediately..."
"Tell me about this man everyone seems to dislike."
Ser Aeden

"... The battle of the Red Creek, it was some years ago when both the Lannisters and House Reyne faught an uprising in the North. Our company was surrounded, three to one..."
She nodded, deeply interested.
Ser Aeden

"The Northerners had us surrounded on three sides, the only way we could go was through the river, but we'd be swept away by the current, so we had little choice... Instead of surrendering, the blood crazy Golden Lion ordered his men to set fire to the forest, chanting; Burn them, Burn every last one of them." The Knight sighed and set his index finger against his temple. "We lost thirty men in the blaze..."
"That is horrible." She said softly, sighing heavily.
Ser Aeden

"Sad thing was, he was commended for his bravery and cunning in the face of impossible odds."
She nodded, thoughtful.
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Lord Jacaerys

Jacaerys glanced at Ser Aeden, this man has disdain for Lannisters, he could see that...but we need the West. "Lord Gerold has a nephew hasn't he? For now he is the heir . He should be brought over here to serve the Prince"
Ser Aeden

"The boy is only five... Thus the duty of Warden of the West falls to the next of kin to the Late Lord, meaning Gerold will be sworn in." The man shook his head. "I doubt the man would stand for having the boy come, unless if it was with a regiment of thirty Lannister soldiers... Trust me, those hired mercenaries are thugs wearing gold and red."
Lord Jacaerys

"They are mercenaries?"
Ser Aeden

"Practically yes, the Lannisters have only so many soldiers from Lannisport, the rest are all hired Westerners." He nodded, then sighed. "The only real loyal warriors they have are the Dragoons, or in the more common term; Cavalry."
last edited over a year ago
"The cavalry?" She asked. Analia had not yet heard of them.
Ser Aeden

The man took a moment before coming to an answer on the Lannister Cavalry. "... Loyal soldiers under the banner of the Golden Lion, they are warriors armed with longswords mounted on the finest horses in Lannisport."
"Are they the only ones with a well known cavalry?" She asked, mostly just interested in the ways of all these different people now.
Ser Aeden

"No, My father used to lead a regiment of Cavalry, before the role was passed down to my brother." He shrugged. "I remember when I was young, I used to wait up on the terrace and watch as my father strode in through the gates of Castamere with his company of red and white knights."
(We should time skip now I suppose, agreed?)
Lord Jacaerys

"Analia, I need you to spy on the Blackfyres in Essos. We need to be ready for them, I am certain when they heard the King's death they will march here."
Ser Aeden

"Blackfyre? You think they could get this far?" He questioned, knowing all to well what happened last time the bastard Targaryen attempted to seize the Iron Throne.
Lord Jacaerys

"Yes I do. The first Blackfyre is dead but he has sons, they will want to continue their father's quest and get revenge for him and their brothers. Nonetheless we must be prepared, that's why I request the wards. They are to guard the Prince and show the throne which houses are Truly loyal" Lord Jacaerys told him and his thoughts goes to Golden. He'd seen the man before and he was ambitious. His reply will tell Jacaerys who's side his on.
Ser Aeden

"I understand. If the worst came to pass, my father could lend us a company of knights to help defend the city, they could turn the tide in our favor... That is of course, if the Blackfyre truly is returning to Westeros."
(When do you want to timeskip?)
Lord Jacaerys

He smiled "The Thrones knows the Reynes are loyal and we are greatful for that."
It is the Lannisters Jacaerys worry about...
(I don't think Pungo is back, so once she is on we can go straight to the Tourney)

Ser Aeden

The Reyne nodded, truly honored to be taking part in all of it. "... I will send raven to my brother, perhaps let them know, before we've gathered that Blackfyre has landed?"
(Alrighto, by the time of the Tourny, the Prince should have his company. Also, dinner brb)

Lord Jacaerys

"That would be wonderful Ser Aeden, I thank you"
Ser Aeden

"If this is it, I really must report to the Prince, he needs his lesson for the day." He stood from the council table and did a slight bow to them. "Good day."
Lord Jacaerys

He nodded at Ser Aeden. Aeden is a loyal man, Jacaerys was well surrounded by men like him. He will not fail
(Seems like a good spot to skip)
(Alright then)

Six Days later

Lord Jacaerys

Jacaerys walks through the Red Keep, it is the day of the Tourney . The tourney will take place in the Keep and will last a few days. The victors may enjoy a feast along side the Nobles and after, we will have to anoint the new Kingsguards. Jacaerys also needs to great the Noble guests who will be arriving to watch the Tourney and it will be the first time Prince Aelor would be shown to the public. He had dress in a proper attire of Red, Black and White with his house badge upon his heart. His cousins would be joining the tourney and his sister would arrive too. Lets hope the Gods shine their light on this day
The young knight from Dorne stood uneasily, eyes scanning people moving about from under the old helmet. Lan's horse, tired from the exhausting ride, stood patiently behind, waiting to be lead off, or to stand forever in wait behind his partner.
Lord Jacaerys

He sat down at the Royal seat to announce later the begin of the Tourney. There will be Jousting, Melee and Archery. Jacaerys did not wish to have Kingsguard solely on how they joust. From his position he eyed many banners of the Great Houses, Baratheon, Arryn, Umber, Stark, and even Dayne. The Sword of the Morning is here. House Dayne holds an impressive Sword named Dawn, forge from the heart of a fallen star. Those who wield Dawn is named the Sword of the Morning. The wielder of Dawn is Ser Mors Dayne, a formidable warrior. Lets see if he can prove himself today

The tents of the Houses made it seem like the Red Keep was under siege by the whole of Westeros, and Jacaerys prayed to the Seven to prevent this. His face lighten up upon seeing some men selling food. Jacaerys had commanded the Royal cooks to sell his food during the Tourney, in hopes of earning some gold for the Throne. This Tourney was slightly too extravagant.
The young knight looked to where the banners of the different houses flapped in the wind. House Martell was missing. Lan frowned slightly, but turned slightly, going back to watching everyone, waiting for orders.
Morgan Nymeros Martell

The Prince entered the city with his court, some of his siblings and cousins had joined him to watch the Tourney. But Morgan came because he wanted to see his elder brother, Lan. His father had told he is he to stay in King's Landing with his Royal cousin Prince Aelor. Father said Morgan had to represent Dorne with the Prince, a big responsibility to a boy of eight, but Morgan would not fail his House.

Morgan eyed the sky, no Dragons. "I thought there would be Dragons, where are they Ser?" He asked Ser Robert Allyrion, a knight sent to be with Morgan.
"From what I heard the Dragons flew away after the death of the late King. Now they could be anywhere in the Seven Kingdoms. " He told Morgan.
"I see.." Morgan wanted to see Dragons too, the last one he saw belong to his grandmother, Daenerys. No matter, I'll be staying here...maybe the Lord Regent will let us see them when they are found. Father said to listen to the Lord Regent and to not cause him any trouble. I will make my house proud father
Ser Aeden

"What are your plans for the champions of the three events?" The Knight asked, stepping over to the Lord Regent.
Lan looked on as the young prince's party went by, head bowing slightly in respect, not calling a greeting to young Morgan.
(Don't tell me I just missed him...)
He's still here, I think.)
(Yeah but it's really late for him. I think it's like 12:50 AM where he lives)
Lord Jacaerys

"They would win 10 000 Dragons and also have a better chance in being the in Kingsguard. Ser, I advise you look out for Mors Dayne and Ser Harold Arryn. They are good choices"

Morgan Nymeros Martell

His party quickly assembled a Tent for House Martell. I hope Lan sees the banner and comes here.
Ser Aeden

He nodded, then leaned closer to the man. "If Blackfyre is truly coming for the throne, perhaps we should pick three?" The Knight whispered, trying to keep the information between only the two of them.
Lan saw the banner, smiling slightly under the old.helm, but didn't move, standing silently with the massive horse.
Lord Jacaerys

"There must be seven, we need five more Kingsguard. Aegon styled them for the Seven Kingdoms, or the Seven Faiths. If we change tradition we might have more problems than just Blackfyre"
Ser Aeden

"Yes in due time we could anoint five, but as it stands, electing more than three could worry people... I don't know, but I would tread lightly."
Lan eventually moved towards the younger Martell, leaving the horse to wait calmly until it's person's return.
Lord Jacaerys

Jacaerys agreed "Three today, it should be enough for now. You will be participating too Ser Aeden?"