We All Role Play The Heir of Iron and Blood

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Jan 20, 2015 at 01:17PM
Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones

Note: This role play may contain mature content that is not suitable for the young of mind

It was 219 AC, during the Great Spring Sickness when a greater tragedy struck the Seven Kingdoms, the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, his family and most of his court. The next heir is but a child. This time of turmoil and sickness brings chaos to the land, even more with the threat from the rising from East…

With the king day, ambitions rise. Play the Game of Thrones, work your way, rule the kingdom or serve the babe. Remember In the Game of Thrones, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

~~~

This Role Play will be set in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros. You may play your part no matter the size or nobility, as it is a time of chaos.

~~~
Some Background Information

The Spring Sickness is an unknown sickness that affects most of Westeros. A man may wake up healthy and die by the evening. There is no cure for this so far

When the Throne room was shut and the blood bath began, the dragons seem to have sensed it. King's Aerys dragon Vermithor burst out of the Dragon pit and flew straight into the throne room breaking past the door. It is said that the Dragon was mad seeing the dead body of its master, it burned the everybody till all that was left was just smoke as ashes.

link

Currency

Copper Coins~
Penny and Halfpenny.
Half Groat, 2 pennies.
Groat, 4 pennies.
Star, 8 pennies.

Silver Coins~
Stag, 7 stars or 56 pennies
Moon, 49 stars or 392 pennies

Gold Coins~
Dragons, 30 Moons, 210 Stags or 11,760 pennies.

The coins most commonly encountered are: Half-Pennies, Pennies, Stars, Stags and Dragons; rarely does anyone have the change on levels between.

~~~~
Characters

The King's Court

Lord Regent and Hand of the King - link

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - link

Master of coin -

Master of laws -

Master of whisperers - link

Master of ships -

Grand Maester -

Kingsguard

link

Others

link

link

link

link

link

link
[i]Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones[/i]

[b]Note: This role play may contain
last edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 03:21PM

We All Role Play 2882 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 2882

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Ser Aeden

The Knight smiled at the sight of the Dragon. Through out the last couple of years of Aeden's watch over the boy, he felt a sort of friendship had been made. The Knight couldn't even imagine what the young boy was going through, with the death of his parents still present in everyone's thoughts.
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Lord Jacaerys

"Lord Jacaerys, you're here" The boy said "Everyone is dead, I am King next. Am I worthy"
"Child, you need not worry about that yet. I am the Lord Regent now, you still have time. I am sure you will be worthy, better than your uncle"
The boy nodded
"Ser Aeden is the new Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, and he will teach you how to wield a sword"
Ser Aeden

"If you feel you are ready for the challenge young Master?" The Knight grinned, bowing slightly to the Prince.
Lord Jacaerys

"Only a fool or a brave man challenges the Dragon" the boy answers with a slight smile "How long must I remain in the keep my lord"
"There will be a tourney soon, you, Ser Aeden and Ser Lucius will pick 5 other Kingsguard. Also, you will have companions from around the kingdoms. I have called for the Dornish Prince to be with you. He is your cousin, skilled with the spear I hear."
He nodded "It is nice to see you my lord"
Ser Aeden

"Well, shall we begin, your highness?" Aeden asked as the Lord Regent took his leave. "Or is the mighty Dragon afraid?" The Kingsguard smiled.
last edited over a year ago
Lord Jacaerys

"I shall leave you two to it then, I need to attend to other matters. Goodbye" He said, nodding to Aeden and giving a slight bow to the Prince
Ser Aeden

"Oh, my Lord, one more thing." He mention just before the Lord Regent closed the door. "It's a real honor to see a man such as yourself lead in such a time as this, though the Realm may never say it, we are in your debt." Aeden spoke quietly at the door.
Lord Jacaerys

"Thank you, I hope I will do the Throne good." he said leaving
Ser Aeden

"You will." He nodded as the man walked off. Aeden then turned and clasped his hands together. "Right, so I take it you know the basics of using a sword?" The Knight asked, setting aside his cape and helmet.

"Stick em with the pointy end?" The Young Dragon asked, folding his arms together.

"That, and not getting stuck by their point end... A Dragon wouldn't be much good to the realm with a sword stuck in him, now would he?"

"I suppose not... Why are you telling me all this? Shouldn't we be practicing with the wooden swords already?" The boy asked, pointing to his two wooden swords positioned against his dresser.

"Patience, young Master... The whole point of learning an art is patience." The Knight answered in turn, then stepped closer to the boy. "This is the Way of the blade, the Art of the sword, the answer to those who would do harm to you, your family... Your realm."
link

The Kingsguard sighed, walking back from his posting at the Prince's door. Since Ser Aeden was with the Young Dragon, Lucius' shift had ended for the afternoon, leaving him to sleep until night came.
over a year ago PungoBliss said…
(She's long gone dude.)
Rogue475 commented…
Well Blarg over a year ago
PungoBliss commented…
lol. Pay attention :P) over a year ago
(Time skip to tomorrow?)
[Time Skip to the next day]
Rogue475 commented…
I'm deleting the un-needed stuff above over a year ago
The Next Day...

Ser Gerold

The body atop the fire blazed with a pure golden hue. Seemed fitting for a Lion to be sent out in such a way. "Gerold... I'm so sorry, your brother was a good, honest man... He will be remembered." Said the various attendees of the Lannister Funeral.

"You know what this means, Gerold... You're the new Warden of the West." Said the Lannister family Maester.

"... I am well aware of what this means, Maester." The man stood there, not showing any emotion for the late Lord Lannister. His mind seemed set on one thing... With his Father and eldest brother all gone, he alone would be in charge of Casterly Rock, and its armies... "Any word on our friends in the East?" He whispered to the older man as the flames crackled and hissed.

"They... They sent a raven..." The man uttered, as if reluctant to say. "... They said; Blackfyre rises on the Red Dawn..."
[b]The Next Day...[/b]

Ser Gerold

The body atop the fire blazed with a pure golden hue. Seemed
Lord Jacaerys

Save the kingdom, save them King Aerys chanted before a golden sword struck Jacaerys body jolting him from the bed. He steadied himself and called for Ricord.
"Yes mi'lord" he asked, bowing.
"They say the Valyrian blood gives them the power to forsee future outcomes. The Targaryens moved to Westeros because a daughter had forseen the Doom. Maybe I'm going crazy but mayhaps my Valyrian bloodline gave me a warning. Nonetheless, I want you to inspect the condition of the City Watch. Are they ready for a war?"
"A war mi'lord?"
"Just a precaution" he smiled "Eat before you go Ricord"
"Yes sir, right'oway" Ricord bowed again before leaving Jacaerys to his morning routine
Ser Aeden

Aeden awoke to a knocking at his chamber's door. The man grumbled and yawned, before rising. "Yeah?" The Knight asked, opening the door to find Ser Lucius.

"The morning council meeting is about to be underway, and I have a few developments to report." Lucius spoke with an expression of little emotion.

"Alright, be sure to rest up, that Tourney is set for the day six days from today... We'll both need to participate in order to be sworn into our new titles."

"Yes of course." He nodded, shifting in his armor slighty. "Let's see; last night we recruited thirty city watchmen, putting our numbers to an even two hundred and thirty... Then there's the trial of the watchmen which will need to be overseen."

"What?" Aeden asked, scratching the back of his head.

"The traitors who were drunk for the Red Dawn, the ones who let our king die..."
(I think it should be in 7 days. To allow the knights of the 7 kingdoms to arrive. Because 2 days would be too short. We can time skip to the tourney)
Lord Jacaerys

He had entered the room early, thinking on the dream. I should ask mother about this. Jacaerys's mother is of House Velaryon, with the blood of Valyria in them, proven by her purple eyes. His cousins from Driftwood bear the Silver hair of Valyria. I should request them to come, it'll be good for the Prince.
The young hawk, freed from chain, but still under the control of her mistress, soared low over the city, head turning this way and that, listening, watching everything.
(I changed it, gimmie a sec Pungo ;-) (I'm gonna start calling you that) I need to finish that character article)
(I think my horse'd be offended.)
Rogue475 commented…
I think she'd have to deal with it :P over a year ago
PungoBliss commented…
ouch. HE is offended.) over a year ago
Rogue475 commented…
Ooh, O_o over a year ago
Clarke

There was a knock at the door to Analia's room... "Excuse me ma'am?"
Analia shuddered slightly, sitting up as her mind was once again her own, sighing softly in irritation at the disturbance. "Who is it?"
Clarke

"A friend." He muttered, looking down at his boots, before glancing back to see if anyone was following.
"Come in then, friend." She said, sitting up straighter, very curious to know who this person was.
Clarke

The man opened the door and slipped inside, turning to the silver-haired foreigner. "Good morning, Mistress... Allow me to introduce myself; I am James Bolton, your new Informant."
"Oh? Wonderful. Call me Analia, those formalities bore me."
Clarke

"Of course, eh Analia, I have been appointed to the Mistress of whispers to assist in managing your... well, information gathering." He whispered, before going over to the window. "Kingslanding is a dangerous place for the unacquainted, so allow me to give you some tips. "... Don't go to the market without me, and next time you leave this room, bring a dagger."
Ser Aeden

"How many?" The Knight asked, walking over to his armor set. throwing on the chestplate, he turned and nodded. "... Lucius?"

"Six, they were guards of the Red Keep... Elites." He uttered with a deep sigh. "I tell you, Aeden, this place is full of corruption and deceit, sometimes I wonder why I even stay?"

"We both know the answer to that." Aeden grinned, setting his pauldrons in place, before clicking his white cloak in place. "We stay cause of what that boy will become..."

"Yeah, well, you better make your way to the Council chambers, best not keep the Lord regent waiting."
"I don't need a chaperone." She said, tone going almost cold. "And I have a weapon far greater than a little dagger."
Clarke

"I've been around for a bit longer than you, I know this city, and what it does to even the most adept of men." He paused, then shook his head. "With that attitude, you'd be lucky to last a week with your new title."
"You have no idea what I am capable of. I am far better suited to this role than any man."
Clarke

His face shown a wide grin as he stepped closer. "Then you'd better get aquainted with the network, mi'lady."
Her back stiffened slightly, and she sat up straighter, eyes narrowing. "What do you mean?"
Clarke

"A mistress of Whispers commands many subjects within the realm, your job, is to funnel that information into strategy and inform the King, well... The Lord Regent."
Ser Aeden

The Knight sighed, before strapping on his sword. "Alright, let's go." The man muttered, stepping out of his room. After a few moments, they arrived at the door of the Council chambers.

"Right, well, I'm off, don't enjoy the game too much Aeden." Lucius murmured with a grin, then stepped away after his post.

"Yeah..." The man replied, before opening the door, and walking inside. "Morning... My Lord."
(A bastard would be named Snow, unless he is legitimized by the KING)
Lord Jacaerys

"Morning Ser Aeden, how did it go with the Prince yesterday? I hope he is doing well, soon he will need to take up Dark Sister, one of the Ancient Sword of the Targaryens" Jacaerys said, since the Pretenders took Blackfyre, the Targaryens are left with Dark Sister...
(Pretty sure Ramsey wasn't legitamized, yet he is called a Bolton. Also it's not just Snow, there are many Bastard last names. I did my resrearch, and I'm just gonna say that he considers himself a Bolton, no matter what anyone.else says.)

Ser Aeden

"He has the spirit for it, but he is only seven... It takes years to master the art of any weapon, and we've only just begun." The Knight said as he sat down at the Council Table.
(He was legitimized as part of the pact for the Red Wedding. He was made Bolton later on, before that he was Ramsay Snow. Remember that scene where he said "My banner, not yours")

Lord Jacaerys

He nodded "We all started somewhere." I started in a small castle by the name of Griffin Roost and the Boy starts at the Red Dawn...
(Does it really matter? Can't he just call himself a Bolton?)

Ser Aeden

"Of course." He muttered in repsonse, glancing towards the wine pitcher on the table. "And now to business, there are reports of sick people trying to enter the city, now I took the liberty of closing the gates until you've made a descision, but in all honesty... They're likely to die within the next few days."
(Does it really matter? Can't he just call himself a Bolton?)

Ser Aeden

"Of course." He muttere
"Aye, I knew that." She spoke softly, eyes following the man's nervous movements.
Clarke

"Meet me in the courtyard at dusk and I will show you. For now, I have a report for you; The Lord of Casterly Rock perished last night due to the sickness, his brother Gerold Lannister is now the Warden of the Westerlands..."
She nodded slightly. "Alright, now I have something to share at this next meeting."
Clarke

"... Do you know who Gerold even is?" The snake inquired, glancing towards her with an eyebrow raised.
"Do I have to?" She asked, smirking slightly.
Clarke

"So you don't?" He uttered with a slight expression of disdain.
"Then educate me." She said, speaking in a cold tone.
Clarke

"Gerold Lannister was a knight who faught in the last war, he survived the battle of Red Creek only by setting the surrounding forest on fire... He's a cunning, manipulative strategist who desires power and glory... Not any sort we would want leading the richest family in Westeros."
She nodded slightly, thinking now. "Well, that's not good. I'm sure those Kingsguards will know what to do with him, or the Lord Regent."
Clarke

"Heh, you know little of what the Kingsguard are for if you assume they have any power to deal with him." The man sighed. "... The Lord Regent on the other hand, well, that's the man you'd want to talk to... But of course you could speak to Ser Aeden, his family faught beside the man, in you wanted information he might be of some use."
(A ways away, in an arena somewhere in Dorne.)
The young knight strode with confidence towards the center of the large, open arena, light armor making little sound, long spear in hand.