We All Role Play The Heir of Iron and Blood

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Jan 20, 2015 at 01:17PM
Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones

Note: This role play may contain mature content that is not suitable for the young of mind

It was 219 AC, during the Great Spring Sickness when a greater tragedy struck the Seven Kingdoms, the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, his family and most of his court. The next heir is but a child. This time of turmoil and sickness brings chaos to the land, even more with the threat from the rising from East…

With the king day, ambitions rise. Play the Game of Thrones, work your way, rule the kingdom or serve the babe. Remember In the Game of Thrones, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

~~~

This Role Play will be set in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros. You may play your part no matter the size or nobility, as it is a time of chaos.

~~~
Some Background Information

The Spring Sickness is an unknown sickness that affects most of Westeros. A man may wake up healthy and die by the evening. There is no cure for this so far

When the Throne room was shut and the blood bath began, the dragons seem to have sensed it. King's Aerys dragon Vermithor burst out of the Dragon pit and flew straight into the throne room breaking past the door. It is said that the Dragon was mad seeing the dead body of its master, it burned the everybody till all that was left was just smoke as ashes.

link

Currency

Copper Coins~
Penny and Halfpenny.
Half Groat, 2 pennies.
Groat, 4 pennies.
Star, 8 pennies.

Silver Coins~
Stag, 7 stars or 56 pennies
Moon, 49 stars or 392 pennies

Gold Coins~
Dragons, 30 Moons, 210 Stags or 11,760 pennies.

The coins most commonly encountered are: Half-Pennies, Pennies, Stars, Stags and Dragons; rarely does anyone have the change on levels between.

~~~~
Characters

The King's Court

Lord Regent and Hand of the King - link

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - link

Master of coin -

Master of laws -

Master of whisperers - link

Master of ships -

Grand Maester -

Kingsguard

link

Others

link

link

link

link

link

link
[i]Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones[/i]

[b]Note: This role play may contain
last edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 03:21PM

We All Role Play 2882 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1151-1200 of 2882

over a year ago PungoBliss said…
"Then you won't improve." She said, glancing up at him.
over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Lord Aeden

The man said nothing, a grin tugging at his lips. "... Very well, but stick around Lady Kailan." He muttered before standing up. Aeden wiped the sweat off his brow as he started towards the last place he had seen the large knight, the Garrison.

"Connor, still making sure all the guards are in line?" The Kingsguard asked as he came in on the Knight ordering around three drunk City Watch Guards.
Connor glanced over at him, looking sullen and cranky. "They're all more stupid that I am."
Lord Aeden

"Their Kingslanding, most 'round here can't even take a shit without letting someone know." The Reyne nodded, a smirk emerging as the drunks began singing amongst themselves.
Connor growled slightly, and knocked all their heads together. "Pathetic." He muttered, turning to face the kingsguard. "Why am I doing this, anyway?"
Lord Aeden

Aeden shrugged, "because without them the city will fall in a manner of weeks?" The Kingsguard then shook his head. "C'mon, we've got better things to do than toil with the like of them."
Connor nodded, ready to leave the company of the city Watch Guards. "Is Lan alone?"
Lord Aeden

"I do believe she prefers it that way, am I correct in saying?" He asked, passing Lucius on their way to the training grounds.
last edited over a year ago
"Strangely enough, no. She has always preferred to be around people, even if she doesn't speak to them. But since she's started having those episodes with her back she's been sulking. It takes away her independence."
Lord Aeden

"If only I had been quicker..." Aeden uttered to himself, feeling guilty for what Kailan had to endure.
"Dont be too hard on yourself. She chose to live this life, the consequences of that are a harsh.",
Lord Aeden

"... Yeah, still, my job is to protect." He uttered, just as they came up on the Training grounds.
"The king. Not girls who try to play knight." Connor said dryly, not caring if Kailan heard him. Which she did, and gave him a cold look.
Lord Aeden

"We have no King..." Aeden murmured, not entertaining what Connor had said. "You up for the Longsword?" He asked, heading over to the weapon rack.
"Are you ready to train with one again?" He asked, frowning slightly, touring the hilt of his heavy weapon.
Lord Aeden

"Probably not, but we'd better anyways." The Kingsguard muttered, drawing his one-handed blade to exchange it with a Dulled-Longsword. The added weight didn't do the Knight any favors to his already sore arm, but Aeden knew it was high time he tried.
Connor grunted, going over to Kailan and handing her his massive weapon to watch over before he also picked up one of the dulled blades, testing its weight.
Lord Aeden

"Right, you ready...?" Aeden asked, swinging his sword to get used to the feel again. His arm strained only slightly as the metal cut the air with a short hiss.
"Of course." He nodded, automatically taking an offensive stance, but waiting for his move.
Lord Aeden

The Knight slowly raised his sword, gripping with both hands for added support. With one final breath, Aeden swooped the blade in an uppercut, watching as metal collided.
Connor allowed the blades to meet, and then with a sharp movement knocked the kingsguard's aside, using the momentum for a low swing, towards his legs.
Lord Aeden

The Reyne went to parry, only to find his arm giving out the moment the swords met. Aeden fell to a knee, his sword on the ground.
Connor stepped back, offering him a hand up. "Try leading with your other hand." He said, showing him a different grip on the blade, the same one he was using, in fact.
Lord Aeden

"Alright, I'll give er a try..." He uttered, embarrassed by his pathetic state. Once Aeden was known throughout the kingdom as a fine swordsman... To be reduced to such a level, the Knight felt, was a great dishonor. Aeden finally shrugged it off as he heeded the Dornishman's advice. "Let's try this again..."
Connor nodded, stepping back, taking up the same position he had started in.
Lord Aeden

This time Aeden used his Left hand as the dominant, holding it right up to the cross guard. It felt terribly awkward, but much less straining. Aeden then advanced, lunging with his blade.
Connor blocked it, as before, moving in for another swing at his legs.
Lord Aeden

The Knight twisted the blade, parrying Connor's counter strike. For once, Aeden tilted his head lightly.
Connor chuckled quite bit, stepping back and then lunging with another offensive move
Lord Aeden

The Reyne spun with his blade, parrying the strike with a wide swoop. Aeden then fell to a knee, slashing widely for Connor's own legs.
Connor jumped back, not quickly enough, and his leg was taken out from under him. The big man landed heavily, the wind leaving him for a moment. "Wonderful." He said, clearly pleased with the kingsguard's improvements.
Lord Aeden

He blinked once, then twice, taking a moment to realize he had done it. "... I had my doubts, Connor, but you are an excellent trainer." Aeden finally said as he stood, glancing towards Kailan, a small part of him hoping she had seen the small success.
Kailan had, but looked away, expression set in cold indifference.
"It's experience, really. I had the same injury, quite a while ago. Had to learn a different style of fighting to compensate."
Lord Aeden

Aeden nodded quietly, returning his gaze to the Dornish Knight. "Did your arm ever fully recover? To the way it was before?"
Connor shook his head. "I can't lift it over my head, or extend all the way out." He said, showing the range of motion in the limb. "Kailan! Come back to practice. Get off your pouting ass." He called over, and laughed when she replied with a rude gesture.
Lord Aeden

The Kingsguard stood there, emotionless. His entire life he had perfected his style of swordfighting, losing only one dual. A dual to a certain Lannister, at that... He feared, in that moment, that no amount of training would ever retrain his arm to where it could once again rival the skill of Golden, the one whom had slain his father...
"This style hasn't lost me a fight, Aeden. I wouldn't be very concerned. Keep working on it, have someone help you stretch the muscles daily. It will be fine." Connor reassured him, sort of guessing at what was going through his head.
Lord Aeden

"Sure." He nodded, dismissing the thought for a later time. Aeden then went to the man, offering his still healing hand to be shaken. "Pleasure training with you, Connor." The Kingsguard said confidently, a certain mutual respect being shown to the Dornishman.
"Any time. Now, to cheer up the little girl that Kailan's become." He chuckled a bit, looking over at his friend.
Lord Aeden

"Hmmm." He nodded, a slight grin showing upon the Reyne's face. "It just occurred to me... I've no clue what she does for enjoyment, except maybe horse riding and warfare." Aeden concluded, staring in the Martell's direction.
"Oh. Hum. She used to like to go swimming, or reading. But I don't know anymore. It's all horses and warfare since I left."
Lord Aeden

The Knight glanced towards the sea in the distance. "... You think she could swim with that leg?" He uttered, turning back to Connor.
"She's a wonderful swimmer, I would guess so."
Lord Aeden

"... We'd need to ride a distance to get away from all the commoners bathing." Aeden murmured, almost to himself. "Yes, Kingslanding is no Sunspear." The Knight shrugged, knowing how awful the city must appear to the Dornishman in comparison.
"It is bustling and exciting." He chuckled. "I haven't been to Sunspear since Jolan's funeral, the day I left to train overseas."
Lord Aeden

"... You learned the style from Essos?" Aeden smiled, realizing the two had yet another art in common.
He nodded slightly, watching Lan stand and limp slowly over to them.
Lord Aeden

The Kingsguard watched as Kailan came to the two warriors. "Lady Kailan." He bowed slightly, playfully teasing her. "... Connor and I were just thinking up ways to pass the time, I've got the rest of the day off, and would love to get out of this stinking pile of shit of a city."
Kailan gave him a cold look. "I'm not a lady. I am a knight." She said coldly, even though he was only.teasing, she was incredibly sensitive with that term. "You two have fun, then. I'll just go back to my room."
Lord Aeden

The Kingsguard's smile diminished as he slowly looked away. Aeden knew not what to say to the woman, nothing ever made it past her without some sort of rude remark or a deathly glare. "... Why?" He uttered after a pause, looking to Kailan once more. "Have you something better to do than to be seen with the likes of us?" Aeden spoke his voice quiet nearly hinting to being hurt.