We All Role Play The Heir of Iron and Blood

Blaze_of_Ares posted on Jan 20, 2015 at 01:17PM
Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones

Note: This role play may contain mature content that is not suitable for the young of mind

It was 219 AC, during the Great Spring Sickness when a greater tragedy struck the Seven Kingdoms, the murder of King Aerys I Targaryen, his family and most of his court. The next heir is but a child. This time of turmoil and sickness brings chaos to the land, even more with the threat from the rising from East…

With the king day, ambitions rise. Play the Game of Thrones, work your way, rule the kingdom or serve the babe. Remember In the Game of Thrones, there is no middle ground, you win or you die.

~~~

This Role Play will be set in King's Landing, the capital of Westeros. You may play your part no matter the size or nobility, as it is a time of chaos.

~~~
Some Background Information

The Spring Sickness is an unknown sickness that affects most of Westeros. A man may wake up healthy and die by the evening. There is no cure for this so far

When the Throne room was shut and the blood bath began, the dragons seem to have sensed it. King's Aerys dragon Vermithor burst out of the Dragon pit and flew straight into the throne room breaking past the door. It is said that the Dragon was mad seeing the dead body of its master, it burned the everybody till all that was left was just smoke as ashes.

link

Currency

Copper Coins~
Penny and Halfpenny.
Half Groat, 2 pennies.
Groat, 4 pennies.
Star, 8 pennies.

Silver Coins~
Stag, 7 stars or 56 pennies
Moon, 49 stars or 392 pennies

Gold Coins~
Dragons, 30 Moons, 210 Stags or 11,760 pennies.

The coins most commonly encountered are: Half-Pennies, Pennies, Stars, Stags and Dragons; rarely does anyone have the change on levels between.

~~~~
Characters

The King's Court

Lord Regent and Hand of the King - link

Lord Commander of the Kingsguard - link

Master of coin -

Master of laws -

Master of whisperers - link

Master of ships -

Grand Maester -

Kingsguard

link

Others

link

link

link

link

link

link
[i]Inspired by a Song of Ice and Fire and Game of Thrones[/i]

[b]Note: This role play may contain
last edited on Jun 09, 2015 at 03:21PM

We All Role Play 2882 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 551-600 of 2882

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
Ser Aeden

"He was quite the man back during the revolts, at least that's what he likes to think." He nodded, then set out for the days ride ahead. "... I don't need to remind you, there is a decent chance we might not make it out of this unscathed, so be weary when the castle comes into view."
over a year ago PungoBliss said…
"I wake up every morning not expecting to go to bed that night, Ser." She said dryly, her horse following the other quietly, patient and easy going as ever.
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
Rakhelis

"We should make haste, not this" Rakhelis said, distraught, worried they might not have enough time.

"We've been making haste for two days, let us have some ale. Castamere is close enough for a short break my boy." The Storm Knight, Ser Ormund Baratheon answered, legs perched on the table, ale in his hand.

"Not to worry Rakhelis, we shall leave within the hour" Ser Duncan the Tall assured him, but the Dothraki was still worried, so he left to ready his new stead.

"Rakhelis where are you going?" The giant asked following

"I have to find Ser Aeden, it is of most importance." He replied setting the saddle on his mare. Ser Duncan tried to persuade him to stay but Rakhelis had a mission different to the others. He rode off leaving the big knight to stand staring. He rode hard and fast till Ser Duncan was just a speck of silver in the distance.
Connor stood quietly beside his horse, a jittery young thing, slim and made to run. He had been watching the small inn for a little while, and as a pair of men went out, one leaving soon after, he walked over to the remaining, hoping to ask for his help.
Ser Duncan the Tall

Dunk sighed, hopeless to stop the boy. He turn to enter the inn when he encountered a man. "Good morning sir" he greeted with a slight smile.
"Exceuse me, but I was hoping you could help me find someone. I overheard you speaking of following someone going to Castamere." Connor spoke quietly, his words clear and crisp, but blunt and to the point. He wasn't much of a conversationalist.
Ser Duncan

Dunk looked at the man for a moment, unsure "Who are you looking for?"
Ser Aeden

"Aye... Well nonetheless, Lannister soldier's might be whoremongers and drunkards, but they are organized and cunning." The Knight insisted, not bothering to look back as the horses trotted deeper into the westerlands.
"A friend, a Martell, actually. I was told they where traveling to Castamere with a kingsguard, Ser Aeden I believe. My friend's name is Lan."
"I am fully prepared, Ser. No need to be concerned." Kailan said, speaking almost gently, understanding how uneasy he must be with the entire situation.
(Okay Pungo, it'd be really nice if you could include the name of the person speaking at the top like what we do, now that you have three characters)

A Few Hours Later...
(Only for Aeden and Kailan)

Ser Aeden

"There it is, Castamere..." The man uttered as the white tower shown in the distance, just barely standing taller than the mountain before it. The sound of shouting and moaning could be heard from just beyond, causing Aeden to spur his horse in that moment. All he could think of was his family's safety, it was paramount even to his own and that of his comrades if it came to it.
I use their names in my paragraph, so it isn't necessary.)
Kailan followed, her charger growing excited at the sounds of fighting.
hmmm
(... Maybe not to you it isn't.)
(Gonna wait for Blaze, he might want to get in on this action)
(It isn't to anyone that reads the entire reply. If I had known there would be so much criticism from the peanut gallery, I wouldnt have started writing in the first place.)
(I merely ask that you provide a name at the top so that I know which to read, forgive me if I'm coming off as a critic. This is only an inquiry, it's not as if I'm trying to force you to change your writing, merely add something for the benefit of others)
last edited over a year ago
(You're just gonna stop then? When someone asks to change something minute and minuscule, you just decide to leave? No, you won't change it will you? All because it is all a matter of winning and pride for you. You'd rather win, or ensure that everyone else cannot feel the satisfaction of it. Listen I know you Pungo, whether you like it or not. I've tried and tried to look past it on so many occasions, trying to be submissive in fear of losing a valued friend... Fine, do whatever you like, stay or go, it is your choice, just face it with me, I'm not afraid anymore.)
Wow, dude. I was doing something called sleeping. Sorry. I just feel that it isn't necessary to put a name at the top if it is used during the post. And no, you don't know me. So don't even start with that shit, alright? I don't need it from you too.)
(You know what... You're right, I don't know you, all those times I tried to be there to understand you and be there for you, no matter what, means nothing apparently. You don't need this shit, you're right, but this whole "friendship" has gotten nowhere. Times I tried to look past the anger, the insensitivity, it was all for nothing I see now. It must be some crime to care, to try and make it work. Yeah, I must sound like such a melodramatic little bitch, huh? Like I'm some ignorant little shit to even think that I could have a best friend.)
You're right. You don't need a person as awful as me in your life. No one does. All this, because I didn't want to put a name in my post? Because I had an opinion and it couldn't be rationally debated. Wonderful. Now that that's happened, Blaze can stop hiding and we can get back to this. Or I can leave, if that's what you two want.
(Fine, have it your way then.)

Ser Aeden

The warriors soon found themselves at the top of Tamarren's peak, the mountain pass overlooking the Keep of Castamere. "Seven hells..." Aeden let out a quiet sigh at the sight of at least nine different divisions all trying to breach Castamere's outer wall. The Reyne guards could be seen throwing rocks and smoldering tar over the sides of the ramparts, all in a desperate attempt to keep the Golden Lion's forces at bay. The situation was dire, and all anyone could see was the smoke billowing from alongside the walls.

"There's no way we'll be able to get through em... C'mon, I know another way." He told the Martell, quickly veering his horse away from the direction of the Lannister forces, and instead towards the forest just east North of the keep.
(Fine, have it your way then.)

Ser Aeden

The warriors soon found themselves at the top of Tamar
Ser Duncan

"We're heading to Castamere to meet them and assist in the defense of the city." he told the man "Who are you?"
Connor nodded slightly. "My name is Connor, I served the house Martell until a few years ago."

Kailan nodded slightly, following him. Her expression had become set, her eyes hard. The young Martell was ready for whatever was to happen.
Ser Duncan

"Hmm, we shall be leaving to Castamere soon. The others are resting in the inn for a moment, you may join us if you like."
"I would greatly appreciate that, thank you." Connor nodded slightly, looking around with mild interest.
Ser Duncan

"i am Ser Duncan" Dunk extends his arm to shake the man's.
Connor nodded, shaking his hand silently, grip firm. "Where do you come from, Ser? Pardon my inability to distinguish it, I've been gone a few years."
Ser Duncan

"i am from King's Landing, Flea Bottom" he told the man. Although he had very humble beginnings, Dunk prefer to look to the future.
Connor nodded slightly, a map in his head, vaguely remembering the location. "The land hasn't changed much since I've been gone, I don't really understand why I'm so challenged." He chuckled softly, a bit dryly, as though he was just doing it out of habit.
Ser Aeden

"And where might you two be heading?" A voice called out as the two made their way into Castamere's forest line.

The Kingsguard looked to Kailan for only a brief second, his hand motioning for her to hold off on the strike she would no doubt be planning. "We have come to aid Golden in his seizing of this fine castle, now why don't you and your friends run back to your master while the real warriors get to work..?"
(Might I suggest we leave Connor and the Knights for the moment so that we can work with Aeden, Kailan and Rakhelis. Of course after a sufficient amount of time the Knights will arrive. All in favor, say Valar Morguhlis)
Kailan sat silently, once again safely hidden beneath her mask like armor, waiting for an order, a command to be followed.
(Valar Morguhlis)

Ser Aeden

"... Hmph, C'mon boys, we got no business messin with the likes of these cunts." The Brut leader growled as passed, his men following not far behind.

"That went well." Aeden uttered as he watched the pack waddle away, their armor clanking with each step... The signs of a dimwitted soldier. "We better get on then, Kailan, before we miss all the fun, eh?" The Knight smiled lightly, showing what little optimism he could muster at such an hour.
(Pungo, I shall assume you agreed, since you posted as Kailan. Please speak if you still would like Connor to be played)

Rakhelis

The boy trudged through the forest slowly, his bow in hand and a sword ready at his side. He looked at his surroundings carefully. Castamere was up ahead but his goal, his duty was to find Ser Aeden and the Women Knight.

He managed to pass a few groups of soldiers patrolling. Rakhelis assumed the best men would be fighting so he had no worries about the fools wandering around the forest, but even so, he must be ready.
Kailan smiled slightly under the helm, the grip on her sword firm, she was ready, and eager to join the fight.
Ser Aeden

The duo came up on a low bearing shrub covering a ruined section of the castle. "There we are... I used to use these catacombs to hide away from my father... It's our only way in..." Aeden grumbled, hoping off his mount with a subtle thud. "We'll need to go the rest of the way on foot I'm afraid..."
Kailan nodded, dismounting. "I had assumed we wouldn't be charging in on horseback."
Rakhelis

"Ser Aeden!" the Dothraki called out, loud enough for them to hear, but not the enemy. "I'm Rakhelis" he quickly added hoping not to achieve a sword in his belly or an arrow in his shoulder. "The squire"
Kailan turned slightly, wincing as the armor grabbed at her shoulder. She's have been happy to shed the whole mess and right in just her street clothes and her chain mail gloves.
Ser Aeden

The Knight didn't even draw his sword at the calling of his name. "Rakhelis come over here and asist me." Aeden insisted, pushing aside midsized boulders that covered the stone entrance. "... I take it the Regent sent you...?"
Rakhelis

The Dothraki hesitated for a moment, than thought what if his khal and khaleesi was in there? Rakhelis went over to The knights and helped Aeden moved the boulder "The Lord did, Ser Knight. i was sent to bring you back, as quickly as possible. I was travelling with the Tourney Champions, they are here to help Castamere" he explained, moving the boulders. "You will not return, Ser Aeden, I know...I will help you with this battle, and I hope you will return with me as soon as it is safe. You are important in the City, Ser Aeden"
Ser Aeden

"They'll do fine without me, Lord Connington is more than enough a man to keep the Prince safe." Aeden grumbled, pushing aside one last Boulder. Before the three was a dark passage, only wide enough to fit one armored knight at a time. "... Okay, we'll need torches, it's a good distance we'll have to travel."
Kailan peered past the two men, frowning. "It would be safer if one of us went ahead, more quickly to make sure they haven't found the other end, and are waiting for us there. I'll go, I'm certainly small enough to move quickly."
Rakhelis

The boy did not answer, instead he went to constructing the torches for them. The maester at Griffin Roost told him to speak only when spoken too, mostly, and Rakhelis abides.
Ser Aeden

"You can lead, Kailan, just keep close, there are many tunnels beneath Castamere. So if one of us is split off from the group, that's all on yourself to get back." Aeden insisted, knowing the others hadn't once taken these passages before. He could remember the times he became terrified of endless tunnels, eventually finding himself right back where he started.
Rakhelis

He ignited the torches and gave them to the knights. Rakhelis took one and unsheathe his sword.
Kailan was quick to be rid of the heavy armor. She didn't care to keep up the charade of a male knight, the girl fought better without the weight anyway... Lan gripped her sword lightly in one hand, holding the torch in the other as she proceeded the men into the passage, moving easily.
Ser Aeden

"Just follow this tunnel until we reach a cross way..." The knight uttered, keeping his palm set upon the pommel of Dracarys, whilst keeping a steady hold of the torch with his left hand.
Rakhelis

Rakhelis followed behind Ser Aeden, keeping silent. The tunnel was small, reminding him about the sewers of the slave cities in Essos. He grip his blade tighter, awaiting command.
Kailan easily put distance between herself and the men, her slim form moving with silent care through the narrow space, her wrist working slightly to test her grip on the slim sword, as well as her injured shoulder.
Rakhelis

"How much farther?" he whispered to Ser Aeden.