My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 401-450 of 3438

over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Wheat: *lifts her head up to encounter the mare behind the door* Steel Sword! *smiles then trots over to her, giving her a big hug* How have you been? You look wonderful!
Willow: Hai Auntie Steel!!! My mommy is making breakfast. Do you want to join???

Meadow: *as she walks outside around town, she reaches into her saddlebag and retrieves a book. The mare opens the novel and reads it in her head, lifting her eyes up every once in a while to not crash into anything*
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
The only thing she felt afterwards was emptiness and confusion. Summer Pride just kept walking around on the dirty streets of Manehatten, not knowing what to do. Ever since her escape, she could not concentrate on anything else but revenge... for two years. It took all that time to locate the ones who did this to her... For two years she has been on the road, from one place to another, all around Equestria and beyond to find the ones who violated not just her body but her soul, her being, her very essence. Dr. Precise Cut and his crew... and the soldiers he sent to "play" with her once he lost interest in his new toy... once she had nothing more to offer for his research... or physically. She tracked them down one by one. And everypony else who were working with them. She hunted them down and punished them. She had to admit, she liked it. She liked causing all that pain to those who made her suffer so much... She would always look directly into their eyes with a vengeful grin, as their last breaths escaped their chest after hours, or days of agony. They got what they deserved.

But now, when she crossed out all but one name of her death list, all she felt was emptiness and perplexity. They say whoever is out there seeking vengeance, should dig two graves... but she's defied death one time too many... the dark mare with the scythe avoided her like the plague, no matter what she did. And she did not know any other remedy for the constant burning pain in her soul.

All that time on the road changed her. But as she was wandering around the industrial city of Manehatten, she realized that not only she herself changed. The world did too! She looked around herself in disgust...

Dirt, dirt everyhwere... filthy buildings, filthy citizens, worn out faces, ran down places... The chimney of factories, vomiting this suffocating black smoke all day and all night, every day of the week. She couldn't believe the resignation she saw in the glassy eyes of the ponies around her. How could they endure all this so silently? Why don't they raise their voice? They have simply accepted... this...

Summer realized with shock that the sad, lifeless expression on the ponies' face was familiar. She had seen such empty eyes and apathetic faces before... on those who were resurrected by the Eye of Anubis. Yes, they are zombies! Mindless zombies, nothing more! They say no to life,therefore they are not living.

The frightening grimace of growing rage and disgust distorted the features of the beautiful mare. She just stood in the middle of a busy square as countless citizens passed by her.

Is THIS what I've been working for in all those years?! Is THIS why I gave my life, my blood, my magical essence, my body and my soul for?! Summer Pride thought, feeling the black flame of fury rising higher and higher in her soul like a wildfire... But her tortured mind got some relief... after all, she did manage to find a new purpose sooner than she thought. She felt the dark seed of the thought sprouting up and proliferating like weeds. Summer Pride knew what must be done. So she got on the first train to Canterlot.
last edited over a year ago
NocturnalMirage commented…
link over a year ago
that's her theme song for now, btw. :D over a year ago
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Steel Sword: Hello, dear Willow. I came to tell you that I sense something off. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't seem good. Not in the slightest
over a year ago FabulousChicken said…
Thunderstorm: *gets up* No time to sit here and be sad. *starts walking looking around, and after a while some earth ponies look at him with disgust* *looks at the ground and doesn't lift his eyes up* *crashes into a pony and falls to the ground* Oh my.. I'm sorry, I wasn't looking where I was going! *looks at the pony and notices it's Meadow* Meadow? I'm so sorry! *picks up her book* Let me help you..
(oh... sorry, Omega, I accidentally deleted the first part of my post that is referring to your story arch, so I had to type it again. :)

Landslide: A new way of life, huh? With him being in charge, of course, yes? Tell him, that if he thinks so, we are going to encounter a few problems . But, for the sake of all ponies, I shall give him what he desires. Please inform your prince, that forging such a fine ore will require time. At least a week. Maybe two. We shall notify him when the shipment is ready to be transported so he can make some arrangements at the border as well.
Wheat: What? Come, sit down. You must be exhausted. I'll get you some water. *leads her in and sits her on a chair besides Willow* When did you get this awful feeling?

Meadow: No, no! It's fine! *uses her magic and grabs the book from Thunderstorm's hooves* What are you doing here? Is my mom with you?! I can't be here then!

Tanis: My wings are tired.. *flaps his orange wings and lands on Slingshots back, panting* How long have we been flying?
Vectra: *rolls her eyes* For like five minutes!
Tanis: *lies down on the mare's back, snuggling on her neck* I stopped flying because my speed is too powerful. It needs it's rest at times.
Vectra: So that makes me the fastest flyer of you all!
Tanis: Nu uh! My wings just demand some resting, Vectra!
Meriva: *plays with her mother's long mane, tying different sections into braids* I think Vectra is really fast!
Tanis: No! I'm the fastest! I can kick your flank! Anytime, anywhere!
Ragnar: See? I told you he was just like me!
Tsura: An unfortunate trait passed down to him.
Thunderstorm: No, your mother is not with me. I just got out to.. Explore. Why? Are you.. Off to somewhere?
Steel Sword: About a week ago. I don't know what it is, but it doesn't feel good
Wheat: About a week ago? Well it must be something important! *brings her a glass of water, then sits down besides her* Think, what might it be?
Willow: Maybe it's the growling in my belly begging for pancakes!!!
Wheat: Oh, right! Of course! I'll make them right now, sweetheart.

Meadow: Oh.. never mind.. Explore, huh? And no, I'm not off anywhere.. I usually like to review what I'm going to teach my students tomorrow. *raises her book, titled The Underneath*I am a science, history, math, art, and english teacher. I teach second and third grade.. This book is for english.. *smiles at him*
Steel Sword: I cannot tell what it is. My magic isn't strong enough to figure out what it could possibly be
Thunderstorm: Hmm.. Well, good seeing you. Tonight I was planning on going stargazing. If you'd like, you can come too. Of course, you can refuse if you're not interested.
Wheat: *stirs the mix in a bowl* That's alright, whatever it is, we'll figure it out! We always do! It is so great to see you again, Steel! How has everything been for you?

Meadow: That depends.. Will you yell at me again like last night?
Steel Sword: Well, I've been travelling across Equestria... It's amazing, how the world could get darker than the revolt. I can't even see the sun. The stars in the night sky are completely hidden away. Its almost as if the creator has forsaken us, letting us all kill each other, leaving us without sun or stars. It's as if we are all left to die, by murdering each other
Thunderstorm: *looks at the ground* I'm sorry about that.. I just had some.. Mixed emotions. I've never had anypony to share my emotions with, that's all. But, no, I don't believe I'll be like that again. *lifts his eyes up and looks at her*
Wheat: Well, that certainly will not happen! We are civilized ponies. We will not murder one another. We will help each other! That is how our society must be run!

Meadow: Hmm.. *observes Thunderstorm closely* Alright. *places her gentle hoof on his shoulder* And hey, do not be afraid to talk to me. I will listen unlike others. I can help. *smiles at him* I promise. Everypony deserves a happy ending after all. Something I'd always say as filly.
Steel Sword: Maybe... but who knows. Maybe the lack of sun is a sign that no one, not even the side that wins the war, will survive
Thunderstorm: ..Look, I.. Don't want to talk about this in public. We can talk later, somewhere quiet, or during the stargazing. *grabs her hoof and puts it down* *starts walking then looks back at her* Are you afraid of heights?
Wheat: The changelings will rot and die! Us Equestrians shall survive! End of discussion! They took over our territory, but one day.. We'll get it back. Victory will be ours, Steel!

Meadow: Depends how high we are. Wait, why?
Steel Sword: If you say so (Sits there, quiet as usual)
Thunderstorm: Nothing... Just asking. Well, are you going to get back to what you're doing or are you going to spend the day chatting it up?
Wheat: ..No, I'm sorry.. I didn't mean that..

Meadow: *closes her book* That depends as well. Do you have any plans for today?
Steel Sword: Don't worry, Wheat. I know what you meant
Thunderstorm: Well, until now, I only wanted to go around and explore, and that was pretty much it. We can do something you would actually enjoy. Or.. I can get you up there in the clouds. *smiles*
Wheat: I.. *sighs* I'm sorry.. *turns around and continues mixing the mixture for the pancakes.*

Meadow: Last time I trusted a mare who told me the exact same thing.. I'm not sure if you know her, but her name is Tsura Sly. She said she'd fly me up to the clouds to see what it feels like. Turns out it was all a joke. Unicorns can't stand on clouds.. I fell flat on my face and ended up with bruises everywhere.. *lowers her head*
Thunderstorm: I know unicorns can't stand on clouds. I was suggesting that you should stay on my back... Like a piggyback ride. You can feel like a little filly again. It'll be fun! And don't worry, I won't let you fall. I don't think it's funny to see other ponies hurt. *lays on his hooves to let her get on his back*
Meadow: *tilts her head at Thunderstorm* ..Alright.. But if you drop me you buy me a drink! *jumps on his back and wraps her hooves around his neck* Not too high, though!
Thunderstorm: Can't make any promises! *laughs* Okay, ready? Let's go! *starts going up* Okay, make sure you're holding tight! *flies through some clouds* Did you know we pegasi can play with the clouds and make them different shapes? *lands on a cloud* Would you like any certain shape or do you want to enjoy the view?
Meadow: *at first, she is too distracted by the amazing view of the mountains. Although the skies were dark, the sun was hardly visible, and the world no longer shined as it did before, she focused on the positives of everything. The mare suddenly shakes her head and comes back to her senses with Thunderstorm's words* Oh! Hmm.. Let's see.. *observes the cloud below them as she peeks her head but remains holding onto Thunderstorm* How about a diamond?
Thunderstorm: A diamond? Very well. It's easy enough. Just try to not let go. *starts flying around the cloud giving it shape* Needs a little more work.. *continues flying around the cloud* Okay, let's check out what we did. *flies over the cloud* Do you like it?
Meadow: ..I don't like it.. I love it! That is amazing! I never knew you could do that! *laughs as she continues to stare in amazement at the art*
Thunderstorm: Well, it does take a little practice, but it's not very hard. While I was a young colt, I would do this to make myself and other ponies happy. Some ponies thought it was beautiful, some other ponies didn't like it and would yell at me. Though, I had to mature very fast, and didn't have the time to do this everyday like I used to. Later, I only had time to do this once per year, in a special occasion. *lands on the diamond shaped cloud* And, about what you said earlier.. *tilts head* I don't think I can have a "happy end" at this point of my life. Though, thanks for trying to help. But now, I don't really believe in pony tales, or in happy ends. *looks away in the distance* Hey.. Look.. Sometime soon, I'm going to have to leave this place. I can't stay here forever. So.. You'll have to forget me. And you WILL forget me. It's just how it works.
Meadow: What?! Wait, you can't go! Why must you go? We barely met yesterday! And now you are my friend! I don't forget my friends, I never do! They always stay in my heart. Besides, *stares at Thunderstorm in awe* You wouldn't leave me.. I can tell in those amber eyes of yours that you can call me a friend. You wouldn't leave my family, nor me!
Thunderstorm: I can't stay with you or your parents forever. I will have to leave this place, so I don't cause pain to anypony. You.. you have a life here. You can make new friends. One day, you will even get married and have your own family. I'm just a traveler who asked for help. In just a few days, I'm going to leave. You'll forget about me eventually. It isn't that hard..
Meadow: *frowns* It's not that easy to forget my friends.. Don't go! Stay here! You can stay in my apartment if you'd like! Yes, live there temporarily! You can't leave! You're one of the few friends I have in here.. I don't really hang out with anypony.. I used to, but I don't think he remembers me anymore.. Come on, I know you'd do anything for me! *nudges his sleeve* You'll start a new life here! Besides, it's too dangerous to travel around circumstances like this! Please don't go!
Thunderstorm: No.. I can't. If I lived in your apartment temporarily, I'd have to move out eventually. I can't afford rent, and I can't afford to buy a house. I never went to school, so I can't find I job, even though I can do many things. You can find new friends, it's not very hard. You can keep in touch with your old friend, who knows, he might remember you, he's just been ashamed or scared to ask you to hang out. I have to travel to survive, it's what I've been doing my whole life. I can't stay here.. I'm sorry.. But it's not possible. And, how can you call an emotionless bastard like me a friend?
Meadow: Emotionless, hm? Alright.. Let's see if that is true.. *swallows a knot of fear, then crosses her hooves and suddenly pulls away from Thunderstorm's grip, she suddenly and unexpectedly had jumped off the cloud, and was now falling from a high distance soon to be faced with her death.*
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
(Am I the only one on the other side of the globe?)

Astral: *just finished shopping for groceries and is now walking through town,he looks at the position of the sun swiftly as to not burn his eyes* mm...seems like a got a few more hours before my shift.
(I'm struggling with time difference issues too, Alinah. :D )

As Wheat Roll continues making breakfast for her children, there's a sudden knock at her door. At first she thinks it's one of her patients but she soon is shocked by surprise because when she opens the door she faces Slingshot, Catapult, Tsura, Ragnar and three kids. The adults all have grim, serious expressions on their faces. As always, the royal Detective takes the initiative...

Slingshot: Greetings, Wheat! It's been a while since we've seen each other... may we come in? We have to talk about a very important issue...
(umm...the mane 6 or celestia aren't born yet? Sorry if I sound like an idiot but i'm just confused...)
Meriva: *peeks her head inside the house and spots willow, waving at her* Hi Willow!
Willow: *waves back* Hey guys!
Wheat: *sets down the mixture and tilts her head at the family* It is odd to see you all together. What, did my vaccine not work? Is Tsura experimenting dizziness?
Tsura: No, but you will once you hear us out..
(Yes, that's right. This RP takes place before their birth. However, Omega's character, Prince Lightning got transported back in the past somehow. Along with Chrysalis... :)

Meanwhile, in the sinister capital of the Changeling Empire, Obsidiangrad, formerly known as Baltimare...

The bulky, tall changeling stallion entered the dark cavern where the Sun has never shone. Only he was allowed inside, nopony else could come near this place. Only the gloomy, purple light of his horn broke the utter darkness as he walked forward with slow, confident steps. He did not even bother to look beyond the narrow platform of naturally formed rocks to see the yawning abyss below on both sides. After a minute or so, he reached a strange contraption; heavy machinery, organized in a circular form. And in the middle, set a shady silhouette. The changeling kept staring at the mysterious figure for a while before pressing a few switches and turning a giant wheel. As a result, several control lights lit up on the panel in front of him and the machine soon came to life puffing out huge clouds of steam and hissing like a snake. After a couple more minutes, the intensifying humming of the device filled the cave and the dark figure in the middle opened her green, reptilian eyes.

Ricochet: Awaken!
???: Yesss...

Even though her voice was distorted by the extremely heavy breathing which sounded more like gasping than breathing and made her sound like she was hissing and the mask on her face, which gave her voice a somewhat metallic nature, it was clear that the silhouette hooked up to the machine was a mare.

???: Why do you disturb me?
Ricochet: Because I'm getting impatient! You promised utter and complete victory over the surface dwellers! Yet, here we are 8 years later and even though Equestria was broken up and we conquered most of their territory, they are still resisting us!
???: Ssspoken like a true Royal! *inhales deeply in a sick way* But haven't I delivered everything I promissssed ssso far? Where would you be without the amazing technology I have provided for you?! And what have you offered in return?! I grow weary of your whining like a sssspoiled equine brat... Inssstead of complaining, show sssome resssultssss! Ever sssince that cursssed alicorn damaged my vortex regulator, I am ssstuck in thisss sstate of existence... and if you cannot get the etherium I need, I will find sssomepony else who's more sssuited for the job.
Ricochet: Don't act smart with me, Chrysalis! you may have been the Queen in the future, but here, I'm in charge! And the only reason you're still alive is because I allow it!

Suddenly, the machine lets out another giant cloud of steam as some parts of it begin to move with metallic clashes as it lowers, along with the dark figure in the middle. A horribly disfigured arm with full of holes in the hoof reaches out for the stallion, gently but menacingly touching his face and his blue, crystalline crown

Chrysalis: *in a sarcastic fashion* Do you feel in charge?
Ricochet: *endures the mare's intense glare and replies coldly* I'm the one who saved you. You still owe me.
Chrysalis: *on a raspy voice* Chrysalisss owes allegiance to nopony! You know I could ssstill kill you where you ssstand...
Ricochet: *smirks* True. But then you'd erase yourself from history as well. We both know that.
Chrysalis: Agreed. *the machine rises again, reacquiring its original position above the stallion* Do not worry... you will be remembered as the greatessst changeling ruler for all eternity... just do as I assk... Sssoon, the ssurface dwellers will be crushed and you'll have your kingdom. We have already divided... soon, we conquer. It's jussst a matter of time...
Chrysalis: That dependsss entirely on you... When you get me the 88th level etherium I will construct a weapon the world hass never ssseen before... the equestrians will be no match for our power.
Ricochet: Fine. Our spies in the Canterlot palace heard rumors about a huge order of etherium by Western Equestria.
Chrysalis: Good... Obtain the shipment any means necessary... then... victory shall be ours... *exhales vehemently and the life in her green eyes fades away before they close and the machine shuts down by letting out a final cloud of steam then the humming dies out as well, leaving the stallion all alone in the dark silence*
Ricochet: Indeed it will... indeed it will.

Slingshot: I'm afraid it's a bit more complicated than that, Wheat... may we come in?
what? The who damn family got sucked into the past now? :D over a year ago
Wheat: Of course, of course.. Come in.. Take a seat. I'll get you some water.
Tsura, Aw, I'm touched. *walks inside and sits down besides Longsword*
Wheat: *fills the seven cups of water and sets them on the table* What happened?
Astral: *his pendant strangely blinks a faded blue light but still,he supposed it was just the sun,but his instincts tell him to move forward*
Ricochet: *takes a look at the photo* Hmm... just as she described. it's him. We need to surround that area and prevent him from leaving. Once we get the etherium, it won't matter. He won't matter.

Slingshot: *sits down along with the rest of the others and waits for a few more seconds so everypony can adjust to the situation* We might have a problem... *Then she takes out the photo of Summer and places it on the table and slowly slides it toward Wheat* Looks like one of our old friends is back from the dead....
Wheat: *glances at the photograph, then gasps* W-what?! No, that can't be Summer Pride! Summer Pride is dead, remember? Besides, look at the picture! It doesn't look like her!
Slingshot: It appears we were wrong. I have been following a trail of the increased number of cases of arson and murder and eventually I managed to obtain this photo in Manehatten. We are quite fortunate to have such a evidence in our possession. And before you say anything, I too had doubts about it at first. It's my job to question everything after all. But my tech boys say that the photo is real, it's not a forgery. Summer Pride is alive and now she's on a rampage. She has killed over thirty changelings and more than fifty ponies so far. We came here to warn you about her return. You and the members of the old gang, including Landslide. But unlike him, there's somepony I could not find. Do you happen to know how to locate Astral?
Thunderstorm: *flies toward her and catches her* What in the hay were you thinking? I told you.. I don't want to see other ponies hurt, much less see you die! You can't just do that! I'm sorry Meadow, but no!
I told you, and I'll tell you again: I'm going to leave this village soon, and I don't deserve to be called a friend! But during the time I'm here, I don't want you to die.
Wheat: Hmm.. I do have a record of where my patients live in case of an emergency.. *stands up and walks to a room, then comes out with a stack of papers on a clipboard* Lets see.. *flips through th pages* Apple Cob.. Ana Flower.. Amber Rose.. Ah! Here he is. Astral Streak.. Oh, he does not live far! An apartment four blocks away from here then take a right. We can catch him before he goes out! Let's go.
Willow: What about my pancakes?
Wheat: I'll make you pancakes tomorrow. You'll eat a granola bar on the way. Come on. *grabs Willow*
Slingshot: Excellent. Let's go then! *puts away the photo to her inner pocket and follows Wheat*
Astral: *sees Meadow and TS* ...Meadow? Is that you?