My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM
save

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 901-950 of 3438

over a year ago Jade_23 said…
The impact of both the strike of the forcefield and Summer's beam sends everypony except the ones in the forcefield back.. Tsura's children crash against the wall, and all three of them fall unconscious on the ground.. Even Wheat's youngest daughter falls. Meadow also appears unconscious on the other end. Toy Sword quickly recuperates and gallops to her little sister. Tsura rubs her aching temples and dusts off the dirt, then suddenly gasps as she sees her three children on the ground. She let's out a small shriek and runs to them, carrying all three of them in her arms with constricted, worried eyes.

Tsura: W-We need to leave! *flares her wings* Come on!

Wheat: *carries her unconscious daughter* How?!
Tsura: *looks up* The pegasi will come back for you. *leaves the hole below the ground, arriving to "safety" while she lies her three unconscious children far from the rubble on a bench*

Ragnar: Sorry, love. You should know by now that no matter how powerful you are, you still have your weak sidekick. And that handsome stallion is me.
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Steel Sword: Summer, answer me. Do you really believe that ponies unable to fight should die
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Summer: *her horn suddenly stops glowing and her cutie mark turns back to its normal position once again as she looks around seeing everypony staring at her* If you mess with me... this is what you get! I warned you to stay away! Why did you keep coming?! Foolish children! When will they learn?! *starts walking away with slow, placid steps but suddenly grab's Catapults neck, rapidly whispering something into his ear then dropping him on the ground. Nopony dares to stand in her way as she gallops away without even looking back at her friends*
Wheat: *stares in awe at the situation, as Jet stream disappears in her sight with Summer, leaving the other group alone *
Ragnar: W-What?! Where's she going? We need to help her!
Wheat: No! Don't follow her! We already have enough in our hooves! She can take care of herself!
Ragnar: What do you mean?! We have to! How do you know?
Wheat: I don't! This fight has resulted injuries in our children, including your nieces and nephews! Think about that! *holds her youngest, unconscious daughter close*
Meadow: *soon begins to wake up, with aching eyes* W-What happened?! *weakly stands up as she shakes the dust off her*

Tsura comes back in the scene and the last thing she sees is Summer Pride grabbing Catapult's neck, then running off. The mare lands besides her husband and nudges his neck with her furry nose.

Tsura: Are you alright?

Her voice is soon followed by her triplets that finally awoken after the hard crash.. Three of them come flying toward their parents.

Tanis: Dad!
Tsura: *looks back and sighs of relief* Oh thank goodness! *her happy smile suddenly disappears as her face distorts* I WILL MAKE THAT PONY BURN IN HER OWN POWERS! *flares her wings angrily*
Steel Sword: (Stands there, quietly, with her head down)
Toy Sword: *observes her little sister in Wheat's arms* She isn't waking up!
Wheat: There's pulse. She will soon!
Toy sword: *swallows in desperation, then tilts his head at Steel Sword and observes her quietly*
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Astral: Is everypony all right? *stands up himself but it seems one of his forehooves got dislocated from the fall* agh!

Crystal: *is a bit far from the others, she wakes up and sees Jetstream and Summer fighting not far from her,shee quickly scrambles and desperately flies away from the scene*
Steel Sword: Summer would never do such things. Never (Lifts her head up, with a different look in her eyes, that look cold) That wasn't Summer. She is not her at all. The only thing she is now is a monster
Catapult: No, no no, no!!! You know it wouldn't work! We have a family now! *hugs all of them* That's the most important thing right now. We have to get you kids to the hospital to check you out!

Summer: *perks up the ear and suddenly turns around with a rapid move, punching Jet Stream on the chin pretty harshly, but not with full strength* I thought I told you to leave me alone! I do not wish to fight you, nor do I wish to claim your stallion! but I'm warning you, if you keep doing this, you're gonna make me very angry! And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry!
Meadow: Oh my gosh! Astral! Your hoof! *gallops towards him with caring eyes, and helps him up* Don't worry, I'll fix that! ..I could wrap the hoof around with cloth an wait for a week for the hoof to get back in place, but we will waste time! Let me pop it back in!

Ragnar: *glares at Steel Sword* Don't call her that! She's far from a monster! ...Summer just needs help. She has a right to be mad.

Tanis: Well, I'm okay I guess. My head hurts though.
Vectra: My back is bleeding.
Tanis: Cool!
Meriva: I think I injured a hoof.
Tsura: *glares at her husband in confusion* ..What? What do you mean?! She caused this, and you don't want me to avenge the family?! What's wrong with you?!
Steel Sword: No, there is no reason. We look hard for her, and all she wants is to murder others weaker than her. (Suddenly, lifts her head in anger, shouting angrily) Anyone with that mindset deserves to die!
Wheat: *takes a step back from Steel's sudden shout that she's never heard* ..Steel.. Calm down, no pony deserves to die! What are you saying?
Ragnar: The one who will die will be you if you don't stop talking trash about her!
Steel Sword: Oh, is that so. Who will kill me? You? You're far too blind by your love for her that you don't see the cruel beast she has turned into to!
Jade_23 commented…
Wow, I've never seen so much potential of Steel Sword it's so weird to see her mad. xD over a year ago
Ragnar: Oh yeah? *walks up to the mare, intimating her with his bulky appearance and dilated eyes* WATCH ME! *slices his hook in the air, aiming for Steel Sword's throat. As a result, his hook slices Wheat's elbow who'd gotten between the two arguing ponies*
Wheat: *winces in pain as she holds her wound* Enough with the fighting!
Steel Sword: So, you'd be willing to attack me as well, I see. Are you turning just like her. Are you wanting to be by her side, as she murder thousands? Is that what you want?! IS IT?!
Catapult: You've seen what she's like, I don't want you to go after her! I know you can take care of yourself but I can't let you walk in harm's way! I can't lose you!!! Perhaps if she just calms down later... this can all be fixed... somehow... *holds Tsura and the kids even tighter*

Slingshot: All right, that's enough!!! Everypony just take a deep breath and calm down!

Summer quickly takes the form of a hawk to regain control over her spinning body in the air and flies toward Jet Stream, but before she reaches her, the hawk disappear, only to be replaced large buffalo that simply runs over her. When she opens her eyes she sees Summer again, grabbing her throat, pulling her up mercilessly from the ground* What you want is irrelevant. Even my will does not play a significant part in the great plan. And there's nothing you can do... to stop it. *smashes her against the ground real hard* Now go and bother somepony else!!! I grow weary of this nonsense!!!!
Astral: argh!...do it...just do it....
Crystal: We need to get out of here! Everything's getting out of hand! and even Landslide's not here to moderate things!
Meadow: *nods at Astral, then rips a piece of her dress* Bite on this. It'll distract the pain. *shoves the cotton in his mouth, then places her right hoof on his arm, and the other on his shoulder* ..This will hurt. But I promise you will be okay! One.. Two.. *the mare suddenly pushes Astral's shoulder with great force forward, while pulling his arm backward. As a result, a small crack is heard. Meadow sighs of relief, then smiles at Astral* See? It wasn't hard.

Tsura: *stares at Catapult with a curious expression, but does not return the hug. Instead, she breaks his grasp and carries her children on her back, then glares at Slingshot* Yes, because meditation solves everything!

Wheat: *swallows hard as she nods at Crystal and looks back at the others* Now what? ..Where to next?
Astral: *a look of pain is seen for a second as he bites hard then it returns to normal after it passes* owh *levitates the cloth out of his cloth*...yeah...i guess...Sorry about your dress though. *rubs his shoulder* I guess you still know your stuff. Are YOU okay though?

Crystal: I don't know...*sighs* all I know is that Equestria is going to ashes soon...We need to stop Summer...but all we are is lost...
Slingshot waits until Tsura's out of hearing distance then trots to her son, speaking to him quietly.

Slingshot: What was that scene just now?
Catapult: I don't know... she might be suspecting something... she's not stupid, you know!
Slingshot: Yes, I am fully aware of that! But you didn't tell her, did you?
Catapult: Of course not! Although I don't know how long I can keep this up... you know how awful I feel every time I have to look into her eyes and lie?!
Slingshot: Don't you give up on me right now! We are very close to the end after 8 months of work!
Catapult: I know what's at stake. But I fear it'll cost me my marriage in the end.
Slingshot: And it'll cost significantly more than that if we failed!
Catapult: Yes... but why couldn't we just tell her? I'm sure she would understand...
Slingshot: We agreed in the very beginning, remember? The fewer who know, the better.
Catapult: *sighs* you're probably right...

Summer: *furrows a brow but hesitates to free her hoof from the mare's grasp by force then decides not to. As instead, her eyes examine the armor and find the core's container and opens it. Then she absorbs most of her energy without a problem and seals the core again* There. It's beneath the critical mass, but you'll have to change it within a few hours if you don't want to get fried! *rips her hoof out of Jet Stream's* I suggest you to return to your stallion. And remember this day before you challenge me! *turns around and walks away with slow, lady-like steps*
Meadow: *nods at Astral, then helps him up* Of course! Just had a small knockout, that's all. *smiles at him* You'll be fine.

Wheat: ..well.. I think we all need a bit of support. We can continue this once we are sure everypony is okay. We still have the injured soldiers from the rubble.
Ragnar: What? You can't just say we'll leave it at this! Who knows what Summer will do next? I'll go after her!
Wheat: She'll turn you into a pile of ash after what you've done!
Ragnar: *perks her ears and glares at the doctor* Don't push it.. Because I swear I will grab one of your equestrian tools and stab it in your eye.
Tsura: *observes the current scene with her brother and Wheat quietly with heavy thoughts*
Toy Sword: My mother is right, we should just leave Summer alone for now.
Ragnar: We've come so close! We finally found her! We didn't even get the chance to ask her how has she been! Or what happened!
Crystal: With how she is right now I don't think she'll even let us...

Astral: *smiles as well* Thanks. *looks at the others* Let's get outta here.
(Okay, I gotta go now, guys, it's a miracle I made it this far without sleep! Great rping, see you soon! :)
(Haha, rest well! See ya! :)

Wheat: *nods at Astral* I'm with you. Let's take the ponies to the medic, just to make sure everything is alright. *stares at her daughter who is still unconscious in her arms with a sigh, then kisses her forehead* Once we're done with that, we can look for some shelter or perhaps we'll find Landslide before that.. He must be alive. We did not find him within the rubble.
Astral: *nods but then his amulet starts to glow*
over a year ago FabulousChicken said…
Thunderstorm: *looks at Ragnar and smiles* No matter how hard you try, you never will understand what she feels like. So don't bother asking her, you'll only bring back painful memories.
Ragnar: *glares at Thunderstorm* Wipe that smile off your face before you don't have one. We all have our own pain, mate. Don't thinkI've gone through nothing at all!
Wheat: Come on guys..
Willow: *twitches her ear*
Wheat: *sighs of relief* Thank goodness! *smiles* Now, if we can all grab an injured pony and go..
Thunderstorm: My smile is the only thing about me that shouldn't bother you . You may have been through a lot of pain, but it's not the same. She said I understand, didn't she? So I probably know what I'm talking about. Now, if you'll excuse me.. *puts his hoof on this left shoulder* I need to take care of this.
last edited over a year ago
Meadow: *frowns at the argument* You guys... *sees Ragnar about to make a move, then suddenly stands in front of him and shakes her head* Think about what you're doing.
Ragnar: I'm thinking. And I'm thinking his wings would look nice as a decoration to my room.
Meadow: Ragnar!
Tsura: *taps her hoof on the ground, impatiently staring at the discussion*
Toy Sword: Enough! All of you! No more arguing! Let's go! *helps her mother climb the landslide that was caused by Catapult*
Ragnar: We wouldn't have to be doing this is the idiot, good for nothing of Catapult wasn't being himself. *flares his wings*
Meadow: *sighs, then teleports out the landslide, appearing above with all the rubble, and finally being able to see the buildings once again*
Tsura: *silently flies up besides Meadow, still holding her injured children on her back*
Wheat: *continues to climb with her daughter in her mouth, and all of a sudden slips*
Ragnar: *groans, then flies down to the doctor and carries her out of the Landslide*
Catapult just flashes an angry glare at the gypsy stallion after his remark and flies up to the edge of the crater. Once the others catch up to him after a few seconds, they unexpectedly face a pair of warm, yet penetrating golden eyes and their owner is none other than Landslide. He looks around, observing the scene and the magnitudes of the devastation then examines the group of ponies in front of him again.

Landslide: What... what happened here?
Longsword: We all just need to be calm. If we aren't all helping each other, we will end up killing each other. And I feel that is what Summer would want. We need to work together if we want to stop this from happening
Wheat: ..That didn't take long..
Tsura: The sun fell on earth. *rolls her eyes* What do you think happened?! You're crazy sister damaged this and nearly killed us all, that's what happened! You know, I'm pretty sure she wanted to kill you too. Then she started blabbing about killing the weak and blah blah blah!
Steel Sword: (Tries to stay calm, after her past outburst)
Landslide: What are you talking about? This makes no sense! My sister is dead, but even if she was alive, she would never do such a thing!!!
Tsura: *tilts her furry, confused head at Landslide, then stares at the crossfire like a lost filly*
Ragnar: Hah! Well, lad.. She's alive! And with her current form, she would do anything..
Wheat: I believe she's developed some sort of unique power.. Just like the changelings, Summer Pride can transform into.. Anything. That's how we met her. And then we saw her as an anaconda trying to choke Ragnar.
Ragnar: She blames all of us, especially me, for forgetting about her. Which is not true!
Meadow: She then began to give us a speech about how she wants a better world. And in order to do that, she must kill the weak.
Meriva: Yeah! A-And I don't like the sound of that!
Tsura: Don't worry Meriva. Catapult as.. a "brave" father didn't want me to avenge your hurting hoof, but I swear that next time I see her and she tries to hurt you, I will strangle her in every way possible.. And I'll enter her dreams with a potion and cause mischief.
Slingshot: I assure you, governor. Summer Pride is alive. I have seen her with my very eyes. And I've been tracking her movements for quite some time now... she's killed many ponies in the past 8 months.
Landslide: *his peaceful expression doesn't reveal much of his emotions like it never does, but he remains silent for a long time* It's still very difficult for me to believe this... you say my sister's alive and she did all this???
Catapult: Yes. Unfortunately, that's the case. We have all seen it.
Wheat: *sighs deeply, looking at the injured around her* Besides revenge and her utopian idea, I don't know why she caused all of this. We were either with her, or against her..
Willow: *perks her ears, then yawns* Ouch! What happened?
Wheat: Oh Willow, I'm so glad you woke up! You must've been hit pretty hard.
Toy Sword: She didn't seem happy to see us at all.. She just.. Wasn't herself.
Wheat: How can we even stop her? Look at us! We're hopeless. Dealing with the changelings is enough for our hooves. We don't even know what to do now! That's how stunned we are!
Landslide: I see. Well, you all need to rest. I'll handle everything. If Summer has truly chosen this path you speak, she shall be dealt with just like any other villain. Although I hope that shes just angry and confused...
Wheat: We feared you were dead.. *unexpectedly walks up to him and gives Landslide a big, warm hug* I thought I lost one of my oldest friends of all time. ...Do you have a place where we can stay?
Longsword: I hope so too.
(A group of soldiers armed with rifles came to the sight, lead by Long Range)
Long Range: Governor Landslide, we came as quickly as we could when we got word of the destruction here. Is everything alright?
Thunderstorm: *looks at Landslide and pins him down with his eyes* Do you really think she's just "confused" or "angry"? *shakes his head*If you truly think that's how it is, you're wrong..
Landslide: *after a moment of surprise and hesitation, Landslide puts his large, warm hooves around the mare, emphasizing the big difference in size between them* Of course, of course! *turns to a royal guard* Commander, we are heading to the secondary outpost at once! These ponies are coming with us as well. Arrange an escort at once!
Guard: *bows* By your command. *flares his wings and flies away, blowing a horn, alerting the nearby guards*
Landslide: I have a secondary headquarters in the suburbs, at the other end of Canterlot. It's a secluded, top secret facility, you'll be safe there. *turns to Long Range* No, we are unharmed. Mostly. However, since you're here, you must come with us to the secondary HQ as well!
NocturnalMirage commented…
whoa, we made our posts pretty much the same time! :D all three of us! over a year ago
Long Range: Of course, sir.
Wheat: Oh, that's perfect! Thank you Governor Landslide.. We appreciate it.. After everything.
Ragnar: I suggest to leave now.. The quicker we get there, the quicker we can make a plan for Summer Pride.
Slingshot: Agreed. And the sooner my grandchildren can get medical attention!
Landslide: Oh... the little ones are injured?
Wheat: Summer Pride sent a powerful beam that collided with.. With some pony.. And it was strong.. The impact sent everypony back, and my kids, including Catapult's all fell unconscious..
Landslide: Oh my... Do not worry, there's a fully equipped medical bay at the headquarters. We'll attend to those wounds in no time! *flashes a humble smile at the kids then turns around to lead the squad himself*
Longsword: I just hope they don't have any serious injuries
Thunderstorm: *sigh* ..As much as I want to spend time with all of you, there's something I have to do.. *opens his wings, then tilts his head at Meadow* ..Can I go?
Meadow: *tilts her head at Thunderstorm* ..No you cannot! Where exactly?
Jade_23 commented…
Haha, Meadow sounds like his boss. xD over a year ago
FabulousChicken commented…
Don't worry, it's all part of the plan. *does an evil laugh* I mean.. you heard nothing. over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
xD over a year ago