My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 3401-3438 of 3438

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Long Range: My queen, we have been trying to interrogate Blunderbuss for the past few days, but he still refuses to speak. The other soldiers have been thinking we should use force. That is why we needed t ask you if we should force the truth out of him. We know he's hiding something, and we need to know what it is
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Tsura: *reassures her husband with a smile* That's better! Nopony can replace me. Remember that, my Catapult! *kisses his cheek then whips her tail at the staring mares* Hmm.. Now.. *looks around and spots her triplets playing together* Huh, Wheat is such a liar. Our children are playing just fine! *trots up to the scene and doesn't seem to be bothered that her own kids are playing under dangerous objects*

Ragnar: So? Geez, I would feel insulted if I myself did not have a name. That just means I'm absolutely useless to this world! This just concludes what cowards changelings truly are. I thought they would put up a fight. What a cowardly way to kill some pony. Hmm.. Are you sure there is no deal we can make? I can give you anything you want. I have gold and I have mares. Heck, I'll even give you my own sister for your benefit. She's one of a kind.

Steel: (Still concentrating on her magic, she listens carefully to Ragnar) *What in the world is he planning. He must be trying to get the Changelings angry*
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Catapult: Well, it's good they are socializing but look at those sharp spikes! what if they get hurt? Why isn't anypony watching over them?!
Stella: *has been standing beside them quietly for a while* I have...
Catapult: *turns toward the young mare* I'm sorry, but you're not much older than those kids!
Stella: I have matured early. If they were in any danger, I'd intervene.
Catapult: That's great, but I'd be much happier if an adult was here. No offense.
Stella: None taken. *walks away with slow placid steps*

Guard: How dare you to question an evolution that is more than eight thousand years old?! None of you can offer us anything!!! Now accept your fate and face it with dignity, you filthy rat!!!

Summer: I put it at your discretion, Long Range. I trust your judgment. Use whatever is necessary to make him talk!!

Tsura: *unexpectedly grabs Stella by her horn and pulls her closer, piercing her almond shaped eyes into her purple ones, as if trying to recognize them for the baby she killed* Hmm.. *lets go of Stella and throws her aside rather harshly* I confused you with somepony else.
Tanis: Mom! You hurt her, that wasn't nice!
Tsura: *acts like an older sister and bends down* Hm? You care about her or something? *tilts her head*
Tanis: ..no.. *blushes*
Tsura: Good! She's ugly. Have you been playing with Meriva?
Meriva: -No they haven't! They abandoned me! ..A-And Tanis hit my shoulder!
Tanis: What?!
Tsura: *picks up Meriva* Aww, he laid a hoof on my poor sunflower!

Ragnar: I gave you a chance. *suddenly he leaps forward with the strength of his wings, then grabs ahold of the changeling he was talking to and snaps his neck, dragging him down with the gypsy. He then uses telepathy with Steel and Slingshot* Change of plans! Sink! Sink, now! We'll all act as if we're dead and they will leave once they see that the job is done. The body of this changeling will help us get out.. Hopefully.. Good luck! *lets go of the dead changeling and stands vertically, only to sink faster and soon disappear from sight*

(That is physically impossible I believe, but you gotta do what you gotta do.)
Steel: (Uses her magic to creature a small bubble of air, unseen by the changelings, and lets herself sink into the sand)

Long Range: Thank you queen. Take care (Cuts contact with her as he walks back in the holding cell that holds Blunderbuss) Guards, hold him down (The guards hold him down as Long Range takes out his rifle) I'm going to ask you one last time. What are the plans of the Changelings
Blunderbuss: Go to hell
Long Range: (Grinds his teeth and smashes the butt of his rifle against Blunderbuss)
Stella: *manages to stand on her hooves and looks back at the gypsy with a devastating glare that seems to be defying her age. Her voice is still soft but frosty and sharp as a knife* I do not recommend you to do that again, ma'am. Despite the appearance, I know more than one way to protect myself. *combs back her mane underr the hood and slowly walks away*
Catapult: *raises a brow* What was that all about?

Slingshot: *to Steel* Hey, aren't you forgetting somepony?! Do something with your freaky magic! I can't breathe underground, you numbskull!!!
Steel: (Doesn't respond and sinks into the sand. However, despite the lack of air, Steel doesn't seem to struggle for air, as if she is breathing just fine. Unknown of the other two, she had already placed a small bubble of air around their nostrils too, as to go along with Ragnar's plan, making sure that they both put on a believable act and survive the outcome)
Tsura: I don't like her. Let's just leave it at that. She seemed okay when I first saw her, but now she seems.. I don't know.. Weird. I also don't like her eyes. Hmph.. *returns to her attention with her triplets*

Ragnar: *thinks to himself with his eyes closed beneath the sand* Hmm.. Seems like Steel finally used her magic for good. Won't be needing to use mine then. And Slingshot, stop being a chicken and dive in! You're tomb is waiting besides us!
Steel: (Sinks in and her body completely disappears underneath the sand)
Tsura: And then what happened?
Meriva: And then Vectra pushed me into the sand!!
Vectra: She's lying mother!
Tsura: Seems like everypony is lying here. Where did you get those traits, hm? Summer Pride?
Meriva: Summer was very nice to me! She boosted my confidence which is why I am here! She replaced you for a minute.
Tsura: *rolls her eyes in jealousy* Yes, but keep in mind that a mother cannot be replaced. You did not come out of her. You came out of me.
Meriva: But you and daddy were busy! She wasn't-
Tsura: The only reason she wasn't busy was because she did not have her strong teddy bear to be busy with. Do you understand?
Meriva: No.
Tsura: Good!
Longsword: (Sitting with Wheat) My sister and the others have been gone for a wile now, haven't they. I'm starting to worry
Wheat: I'm sure they are doing just fine, my love! Ragnar and Slingshot are with her, they are strong warriors! Besides, if anything had happened, you're sister would have contact us somehow. *observes the Sly family from afar* Hm. Seems like they are organizing themselves as well. *rolls her eyes back at her husband*
Longsword: Your right. I guess I am more worried than I thought (Smiles to her)
Wheat: If you want, we can go check. Or to be safe, we can send others to go check.. You never know for certain.. I'll go tell Catapult about it. You can go advise Summer and Landslide.
Longsword: It's best if I go look for her. She's my sister after all and I am worried about her. If you want others to come, feel free to tell them, but I can't delay another minute (Holds her hoofs in his own as he looks deeply into her eyes) I'll be back soon, Wheat (Kisses her forehead as he gathers a small sack of supplies and heads out)
Wheat: A-Alright.. Just be careful! I'll be here when you return! If you're not back in half an hour, I'm going after you! *stares at her husband as he disappears from her sight, then sighs with lowered ears*
Longsword: (Heads out into the desert and puts his hood on to block out the sun as he follows the groups hoofprints)
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Crystal: *simply drops her head on his shoulder as the tears come* I know.....*it was at this moment that she seems to actually act her age but she lets it happen anyway, even for just a moment*

(Welp. Just realized that Stella's actually closer to these scamps here despite not saying anything... xD Also...To battle!)
last edited over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
Le Crystal has broken over a year ago
Toy Sword: *embraces the mare closely as she continues to sob in his shoulder* Hey.. It's okay.. I know this isn't the best advice, but don't worry about it.. Such a soul like yours cannot be tainted by this cruel world, Crystal! I'm here for you, you know that? Heck.. I love you! I love the passion and courage in you. And it breaks me to see you broken! *strokes her mane gently, placing his chin on her head*
Longsword: (Follows their hoofprints along the desert, noticing that, for the first time, how large and empty the desert is, yet continues to follow their hoofprints)
Summer and Landslide arrive to the spot where the kids are playing and the others spontaneously gathered at.

Summer: What's going on here? Where did Longsword go and where are the others, most importantly, my husband?

Slingshot: *looks into Ragnar's eyes who realizes hers is filled with fear for the very first time since they have known each other. The mare doesn't say a word just gulps and takes one last inhale before submerging into the quicksand*
alinah_09 commented…
...claustrophobia perhaps? Or something similar? over a year ago
NocturnalMirage commented…
almost. ;) over a year ago
Longsword: (Continues to follow the hoofprints, keeping his gun close, but also keeping his face hidden from any threat)

Steel: (Sinks into the sand, breathing through the small amount of air around her, and the other two breathing their air as well)
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Crystal: *stays silent at the confession, choosing instead to reply by hugging him tighter then after a few minutes, she seems to have calmed down; she separates from him as he rubs her eyes one last time before giving a smile* Okay...that's enough waterworks. We still have a job to do. *takes a deep breath as she reluctantly approaches her weapon and picks it up, readying for flight again*
~~~ ~~~ ~~~
Astral: *after patrolling a few times near the market place he decides to expand his search near the center of the camp where he sees Summer's troubled expression* Is something the matter, your highness?
Tsura: Don’t know, don’t care! *continues playing with her triplets like a filly as she pays no attention to the speech or instructions*
Jaya: *is sitting on a log, observing her grandchildren run around with dull, puffy eyes that shows she had been crying for a long while. Her spirit reflected a lingering corpse that had chosen death rather than survival. Her face expressed no other emotion besides sorrow and despair. It was odd to see Jaya, a friendless and independent mare so sad and quiet. She looked like a lost filly as she just stared at the children with curious eyes. It was a sight that could break anypony’s heart to see a beautiful, and young-looking face like hers sad.* ...They left.
Tsura: *perks her ears at her mother’s voice* ...Wait, my brother? He’s out there too? Ugh. *rolls her eyes* As if we don’t have enough problems in our hooves.
Wheat: *slowly glances at Jaya, then at Tsura* Yes.. Ragnar left with Slingshot and Steel to search for any danger. They’ve been gone for a while now.. So my husband went to go check on them.. *slightly lowers her ears in denial*

Toy Sword: *blinks* Hmm.. I guess confessing your love to somepony doesn't always give you the reaction you think it would.. *rolls his eyes with a sigh, following the mare*

Ragnar: *he takes small breaths cautiously beneath the quicksand, while being surrounded by a bubble, all thanks to Steel Sword’s magic. He uses telepathy with the two other mares to make sure everything is going as planned* Are you two alright? We just need to keep it up for a little longer until the changelings believe the act and leave. Afterwards, we come out and use that dead idiot’s body as a ladder and climb out of here. If that doesn't work, I’ll just use my hook to somehow drag us all out of here… Dandelion will be the first to get out. We can all smell your fear, and you have much more to live for. Then Steel, you go. Then both of you will run or fly back to the camp as soon as possible! After you get me out of course.. No, wait, forget that, just head to the camp and warn them all! ...Hmm. Now we wait.
Steel: (Keeps still, but manages to hear him, and stays quiet underneath the sand)

Longsword: (Continues to follow their hoofprints, until he comes across a small group of changelings. As soon as his eye catches a glimpse of them, he quickly falls onto the ground in order to hide himself within the vast desert and watch them from the ground, as he readies his pistol)
Jade_23 commented…
Longsword you better not get your flank killed you have three children and a wife come on. over a year ago
Windwakerguy430 commented…
He'll die if he wants to XD over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu over a year ago
Don't worry. I have no intentions of killing him. Other characters, however, are all game over a year ago
Summer: *frowns* Why was I expecting any different?

Slingshot: You can smell my fear, pray to the Creator, you'll never have to know why!!! Now, how long are we planning to stay here?! Until I drown?!
Longsword: (Watches the changelings from a distance, keeping an eye on them from a safe distance)
Tsura: hmm.. Maybe because your a jealous minded-
Wheat: OKAY, we understand, Tsura.
Tsura: Hmph.. *continues to scatter around with her children*
Wheat: *looks back at Summer* All we can do is wait now.. Besides, if they were truly in danger, I'm sure Ragnar would immediately contact you! Unless.. You two are still in a fight, that is..
Tsura: *snickers maniacally as she hears the conversation*

Ragnar: We already are drowning, The Pony Huntress! Hehe.. I'll have to be calling you that more often. We'll be out of here when the changelings above us think we're dead and leave! Then you can whine all you want about how dark and shut this hole is, while I make fun of you!
Longsword: (Once his pistol is loaded, he keeps his aim at the changelings, in order to defend himself)
Slingshot: I can still hear you, you know! But let me drown, will you?! That's your plan, isn't it? Well, within 15 seconds, I'm gonna break out of here, no matter what! If you have such a mind blowing plan as before, you better say it right now!!!
Longsword: (Watches the Changelings, noticing that their attention is set on a small mound of sand) (What is so interesting about sand)
Jade_23 commented…
sand is life. over a year ago
No, sand is boring... and it pisses me off when it gets stuck in my shoes. This is why people have their own pools, because beaches are filled with that crap :P over a year ago
Ragnar: *widens his eyes inside the bubble* What is up with you and your phobia of bubbles?! Listen here, Slingshot: if you dare burst your bubble, I swear I'll burst mine and we will both die! If you die, all the weight comes on my shoulders! The changelings should be leaving now, why aren't they leaving?! Just hang on a little longer. If you won't do it for your damn son who could care less about you if you were dead, then do it for me! Do it for your three grandchildren! You're like my best friend right now, and if anything ever happens to you, I would lose my damn mind.. so yes, I am risking all of our lives. I know there's probably a million of ponies we all rather be with, but.. This is what we three have: Each other. Because once you burst the forcefield, you are done for! There is no way you could possibly swim up to the surface!
Longsword: (Looks down at the hoofprints and see that they stop at the sand) T-they couldn't have. There's no way.
over a year ago Horofox6 said…
Name- Pastry Pumpkin
Gender- Female
Race- Batpony and pony
Personality- Negative, Riddles words, Nice, Linda, Helpful, Kuudere, Calm
Bio- TBR
Voiced by- Horofox San!
Name- Pastry Pumpkin 
Gender- Female 
Race- Batpony and pony
Personality- Negative, Riddles words,
(holy shit i forgot about all this.

R.I.P. Fading Light RP
2015-2017

Good times. xD)
(Tell me abut it! I loved rping with you guys! :3 )
(Same here. We still can. Hell, what's stopping us)