My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 3438

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Meriva: *idling at the door, peeking inside the kitchen until her father notices her* Daddy? Who is the scary pony?
Vectra: *pops up behind her sister with a cold expression* And what is he doing in our house, eating our food?
Tanis: *appears beside the twins* And why is his breath smells funny?
catapult: *rubs his temple even more as he replies with a resigned sigh* Kids... this is your Uncle... Ragnar. He's here for SHORT visit.
over a year ago FabulousChicken said…
Thunderstorm: Thank you for giving me shelter. You're very kind ponies. But, are you sure you want to help me? I mean, there are ponies that are looking for me, and they always get what they want. They can hurt you, manipulate you, or try to kill you? Consider this before you let me into your house. Your kindness and generosity can cost you your life.. And I don't want innocent ponies to die because of me...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Longsword: We are watching out for danger every day. Besides, we can't just ignore someone who needs our help
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
(Haha, Vectra and Tanis! xD)

Wheat: Oh, Thunderstorm, we've fought in two wars. I may seem like a weak doctor, but I am a skilled fighter as well. I was a peasant before all of this. I worked constantly under the sun, serving my lords. My father was their butcher as well. So I learned from him.. And I know how to use knives and axes. So whoever dares mess with my family, including you, Thunder, their going to have a big storm coming.

Tanis: Uncle?! But Mom said our uncle was dead! and our other Grandmother!
Ragnar: Well, it appears I resurrected. *observes Tanis* Hmm.. No wonder they fell for it, You look exactly like me!
Tanis: Fell for what?
Tsura: It turns out you were not the thief..
Tanis: *frowns* I told you! But you wouldn't let me explain!
Meriva: And you didn't get my chocolate..
Vectra: ..At least we missed school.
Ragnar: *throws a piece of dark chocolate to Meriva* Try something new. *drinks another sip of rum*
Tanis: *tilts his head* What are you drinking?
Ragnar: Rum. In my culture, to prove your a stallion you must drink and have your first kiss.
Tanis: Ooh! I wanna drink!
Tsura: Ragnar..
ragnar: Of course! *hands him the glass*
Tanis: *he takes a sip of the rum, then immediately spits it out* Eww! My tongue burns!
Longsword: (Jokingly) Not to mention, if that doesn't work, she could always scare them away with her anger. Lord knows it scares me when she's upset
Catapult: *rapidly jumps off the chair he was sitting on and gets in between his children and Ragnar* All right, that's enough! What do you think you're doing giving a COLT alcohol??! I've had it with you, Ragnar! This is MY house, MY family and I'm not gonna let you ruin our lives! If you want to stay for a few hours to catch up with your sister, fine! but don't you dare come near my children, do you understand?! We have enough problems of our own even without a selfish drunk!
Thunderstorm: *sigh* I would like you to call me Thunderstorm, or at least Storm, please. It's kind of a personal matter. But, if you think you can protect yourself, then I will accept your help, but I have to do something around the house to help.. It just feels wrong for me to stay in your house all day without doing anything to help. If there's something you can't do or don't have time to do, please tell me.
Wheat: *squints her eyes at Longsword* A lady is never mad. *walks with elegant steps* And you don't need to help in anything, Thunderstorm! I've told you already!
Ragnar: *rolls his annoyed eyes, then shoves the bottle of rum in his mouth* You need a drink as well. Go have fun while I have a calm conversation with my sister. Go sleep with other mares, you're probably tired of this gypsy anyways. Here's a hint, seek the ones with silver bracelets.. They know how to have fun. *winks at the stallion* Besides, I need to get to know my nephew and my nieces. *carries Vectra* See? She already likes me.
Longsword: Well, you are a lady, that's for sure. And she's right, Thunderstorm, we just want to help because that what we do. We help others in need. That means you
Thunderstorm: Again with this? Fine, fine. But, do you have a spare shirt? Mine is kind of ruined..
Catapult: Like hell I will and leave you alone here with my kids! and watch your language while you speak in front of them!!!
Vectra: *with an apathetic expression, she endures Ragnar carrying her around like a basket* Father, are you sure we're related with him?
Wheat: Why of course! You can use one of Longsword's! I've bought him many clothes since clearly he doesn't know how to dress properly. The only rules in my house is to enter with clean hooves. Whatever there is in the house, is yours as well. Take showers whenever you want, grab anything to eat!

Ragnar: *looks at Vectra deeply in her eyes, then back at Catapult* Mm.. What? Oh, come on! Don't act like I'm the enemy here! You see kids, Tsura was just like me. She was a thief, wanted everywhere! She stole from every pony, and killed innocents! So did Catapult! He was an alcoholic and slept with other mares besides your mom! They probably didn't even marry each other because they wanted to. They did it because they had accidents like you all! But it's alright, love works that way!
Longsword: Oh, come on. I can't help that protecting the outer wall is hard work. It may not look it, but it is. I'd have plenty of nice clothes if it wasn't for all that work
Thunderstorm: *looks at Longsword* I don't know if his shirts will fit me, but it'll do until mine is clean and dry. Can't wear this everywhere with blood on it.. Though, sir, you should always be clean and well dressed in front of a mare. *chuckles*
Longsword: Oh come on. What did I say about work
Tanis: Cool!
Meriva: Daddy... *looks up at her father with tears in her eyes* Are we just accidents?
Vectra: *sighs* This is ridiculous...
Catapult: Would you shut up?! *picks up Meriva and hols the timid filly close* Of course not, sweetheart! Mommy and daddy love you very much! *turns back to Ragnar* You have crossed a line, Ragnar. why did you have to upset the kids?!
Vectra: I'm not upset.
Tanis: Me neither! This is so cool, our parents were war heroes!
Catapult: *speaks louder to let the children know that the adults are talking* Be that as it may, uncle Ragnar is leaving, He has other places to be, other families to haunt. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to feed my children. There's the door. I'm going to the shed for some firewood. And I don't want to see you here when I come back, got it? *turns around and leaves with the kids, still carrying the sobbing Meriva on his shoulder then slams the door behind him*
Thunderstorm: Well, whatever. How far away is your house? I'm starving.
Longsword: Not to far (Stops at the house) It's right here
Thunderstorm: Great! *looks at hooves* Well, do my hooves look clean enough?
Longsword: Not sure. Ask the lady herself. She know more about cleanliness then I do, apparently
Wheat: *glares at Longsword, then calmly looks at Thunderstorm* Hmm.. We'll deal with it once we're inside. You'll eat and take a shower and I'll wash your shirt. *unlocks the door with her keys, then makes way for the stallions* What would you like to eat?

Tanis: *sits on Catapult's back, talking loudly* So what was your weapon of choice? Who did you fight? *gasps* Did you save the damsel in distress like the here does in books? Will I get to learn how to use a sword? Can I fight off bad guys? Were you really an alcoholic? Were you a criminal too? What was your favorite drink? Who was your favorite mare you slept with?

Tsura: *waits until Catapult leaves with the kids, then glares back at Ragnar furiously* Why did you do that?!
Ragnar: What? Tanks says you two are heroes. Vectra doesn't care. And Meriva.. Well, *shrugs*
Tsura: What are you doing?! Why are you acting like a complete idiot?!
Ragnar: Ow, I'm hurt. *pours more rum into the glass*
Tsura: I'm being serious! Why are you here?!
Ragnar: To take you home, of course! Mother is getting old and she wants a princess below her.
Tsura: Then.. Why don't you marry someone? You're the king now that father has died!
Ragnar: Eh, all the gypsy women don't really suit my taste. *drinks another sip of rum*
Tsura: Then who- ...Oh.. I understand now..
Ragnar: Understand what?
Tsura: You're acting like this because of Summer Pride, aren't you?
Ragnar: *laughs* She's dead, Tsura. She's out of my list.
Tsura: So.. You gave up on her? How long ago?! Just like that?
Ragnar: *ignores Tsura as he enjoys his beverage*
Tsura: You didn't look for her?! You, you just didn't care?! That's what you're doing! You think you don't deserve something, so you ruin it.. Did you just forget about her? Just like that?
Ragnar: It doesn't matter!
Tsura: *slams the table* It matters and you know it! So, you never cared about her after the war?! You did nothing!!!
Ragnar: HOW DARE YOU SAY I DID NOTHING?! Why do you think I have all these scars in my face?! I fought changelings and captured many of them, torturing them to tell me where she was! HUH?! I traveled the world to find her! I went from land to land, risking my tribe's life to find that unicorn! You think I didn't care?! You think I just.. LEFT HER?! The changelings are spreading worldwide! I searched for her under every bucking rock! Why do you think I'm here, Tsura?! I've been in Equestria for over six months! Looking for her!!! I've been caught by changelings, but I was able to escape! I risked my life for that damn mare! She's dead!!! I did what I could, so don't you dare say I did nothing! *slams the glass of rum on the table, shattering it in his bloody hoof* But you know what I've realized?! That in the end when you lose somebody, every candle, every prayer is not going to make up for the fact that the only thing you have left is a hole in your life where that somebody you cared about used to be!
Tsura: *glares at the broken glass, then back at the stallion* A stallion unwilling to fight for what he wants, deserves what he gets!
Longsword: (Playfully acts like a gentleman) After you m'lady
Thunderstorm: Anything would be fine. Just don't make it too fancy.
Wheat: *wraps her brown tail around Longsword's neck playfully* Why thank you.. *enters the house followed by the others* Alright.. Down to the right are the rooms. The last one to the right is yours, Thunderstorm. It includes a bathroom, a shower, a mattress, some cabinets. Longsword can bring the pillows and the blankets for you. *looks at Thunderstorm* Would you like a salad? A sandwich? Apple pie? A smoothie? You name it. My older daughter made some muffins earlier today. Im sure we have a couple left. You can eat that as an appetizer for now while I cook. *smiles generously*
Longsword: (Goes to get the pillows and blankets)
Thunderstorm: I usually try to avoid sweets, but just one won't harm anypony.
Longsword: (Carrying a pillow and blanket) Here you are. Let me know if you need anymore pillows or blankets
Thunderstorm: These'll be enough. Thanks!
Catapult: Tanis, my son! Stop with the questions, all right? Don't even listen to that pony! He's a little cray-cray in the head and doesn't know what he's talking about! All you have to know is that your mother and I love you very much and we'll be here to protect you! Look around! We have built this... all for you... for you to have better lives than we did when we were your age. We are trying to give you everything we couldn't have. The past is in the past. Concentrate on the future, my son!

Summer: *furrows a brow and flashes a dark glare toward the newcomer as she quickly makes the drawing and the knife disappear between her hooves like a magician* I paid good money to not to be disturbed!

Suddenly, another mare wearing a blue gown enters the house with a green saddlebag full with papers on her back. She pierces her emerald eyes into the stranger's in the house. But the confusion on her face is replaced by a warm smile.

Meadow: Oh, hello! I'm Meadow, nice to meet you! *tilts her head to her mother* Wheat, I brought the papers you needed!
Wheat: Oh good! Leave them by the table. This is Thunderstorm, he's our guest. How was your first day as a teacher?
Meadow: Tiring.. The students had a lot of energy..
Wheat: *comes back with a muffin in her hooves, then generously gives it to Thunderstorm* I might make spaghetti. We can all have a family dinner. Oh, and Meadow, before you leave do me a favor.
Meadow: Of course, anything!
Wheat: Thunderstorm needs his shirt to be washed. Do me the favor and-
Meadow: Yeah, I understand. *looks at Thunderstorm* Come with me!

Tanis: *frowns* But I am thinking of the future! I see myself dressed in armory! Meriva would die in battle in like, two seconds! She'd go well as a farmer.. Or something that doesn't involve scary things. Because she always cries. And Vectra is always so serious so she should be an Undertaker. *laughs*

Tsura: *silently cleans up the broken glass on the table and cleans up Ragnar's wound*
Ragnar: Why are you even here..? With him, he has nothing to offer you.
Tsura: Same reason why you wanted to be with Summer. You had nothing to offer her. She was a queen. She had everything she needed. And you were just a poor thief.. But love just blinds us all. I miss her too. She was.. She was my best friend, I guess you can say that. We fought a lot.. We disliked one another.. But in the end, we'd always have each other's back. I saved her, she saved me. That's how it has always been.
Ragnar: But in the end, we weren't able to save her.. *plays with a piece of glass with his hook*
Tsura: I want you to stay for a little while.. I want to see my mother. I just want you to change your attitude. You can't act the way you are acting right now in front of every pony.
Longsword: That sounds lovely, Wheat. If anything about you can beat your good looks, it's your cooking (Chuckles)
Thunderstorm: Um, sure. *goes after Meadow*
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Meanwhile on Astral's side,the younger ponies played to their hearts content. It was a nice sight seeing happiness in times like these....I guess it's true there's still light in the darkness.

Astral: I think I'll try to see the constellations again...

For a while it was just the two ponies playing together but they eventually got Astral to join them--albeit reluctantly on his part but eventually he called it off and decided for them to return to their respective homes,seeing as both of them were tired.

Astral: C'mon kiddos...playtime's over,we don't want to disturb ponies. *stands up from his seat*
Crystal: Awwwww...
Wheat: Absolutely nothing can beat my good looks! *takes out a pot from a cabinet, then fills it with water and sets it on the stove for it to boil*

Meadow: *arrives to the backyard where a large sink of clay is set for washing clothes* Alright, if it's not too awkward, may I have your shirt please?

Willow: *bounces around* What? But it's only been like.. Like two minutes! *frowns*
Toy Sword: *puts down the newspaper, and stands up; stretching his hooves* Come on! Time to go! Meadow probably arrived back home. You'd like to see your sister after her first day as a teacher, wouldn't you?
Willow: hmm.. Okay! Yes! I wonder if she still has those blueberry muffins..
Longsword: (Can't help but hug her from behind) Well, you're right about that (Kisses her cheek)
Thunderstorm: Um, n-no.. I.. I can't take my shirt off here! Plus, I need another shirt! I can't stay out here with nothing on..
Wheat: *pours a teaspoon of salt in the boiling water, then adds the pasta, soon stirring it* If this pot falls because you are distracting me, it's your fault and you clean it up.

Meadow: *tilts her head* alright.. *enters her parent's room and digs for one of Longsword's shirts in the drawers. She returns with a well sized white shirt* This should fit you..
Longsword: (Lets go of her) Sorry, I just wanted to hug my beautiful wife, is all
Wheat: *continues to stir the pasta in one pot, and the sauce and meat in a pan* Hmm.. We can do more than just hugging tonight.. *grins at the stallion, then notices the dust from the dirt in his hooves then frowns at him* Longsword! Go clean yourself up! I told you if you entered this house one more time you'd sleep on the couch! Geez, why must soldiers be so dirty?!
Longsword: (Jokingly) I'm sorry, m'lady. Please be merciful (Snickers a little and walks out of the room to clean himself up)
Thunderstorm: And where do I change?
Catapult: You should not concern your furry little head with such things, Tanis. War is a horrible-horrible thing. And you are too young for it. End of the matter.

Summer: *looks at the stallion in front of her again but with less hostility this time then lets out a frosty bone chilling laughter which reveals her small fangs* Ha ha ha ha ha! And I thought I was crazy! first of all, if you're heading to the South, you are on a wrong train, my friend. And second: you single-handedly defeating Ricochet and the entire Changeling Empire? Even I find that amusing! *the smirk melts away from her face all of a sudden as she clears her throat and takes a sip of wine* No offense, of course.
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Astral: It's actually been like an hour or so,dear. Alright then, see you two later...say hello to your family for me will you,Toy Sword.
Crystal: Awww buttersticks...You're going back to work?
Astral: Nah....i doubt I can at this time,I'll just go home and maybe get a cup of coffee.
alinah_09 commented…
(gtg) over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
Bai :3 over a year ago
Wheat: *glares at Longsword as he walks off, then begins to take out the plates and glasses from the shelves*

Meadow: Hm.. *observes Thunderstorm suspiciously* It appears you don't want to show me something.. no matter. Change in this room. *throws him the shirt and closes the door*

Tanis: *hops off Catapult's back and enters the shed and begins to carry small pieces of wood on his back* What age were you when you became a soldier?

Toy Sword: I will! *grabs her little sister and places her on his back* Take care Crystal! Bye Astral! *walks off with Willow waving at Crystal*

Ragnar: No offense, but I don't like your husband. Neither does Jaya. He's a pain in the flank!
Tsura: He's like that because you're acting like a selfish alcoholic!
Ragnar: Hm.. True, but his words hurt my tiny heart. *grins at the mare*
Longsword: (Comes out, out of his work clothes, and wearing a clean casual shirt) Does this suit you well
Summer: *laughs even louder for a while like a maniac* Oh you are in bad luck, my dear! *the unsettling smile on her face quickly turns into a dark, steely expression like a cold but beautiful alabaster statue as her emerald eyes flash sharply* Summer Pride is dead.

Catapult: *lifts up the bigger logs and replies in a tight lipped, reserved fashion* Six years old. It was tradition. An old tradition we do not follow anymore.
Thunderstorm: *comes out of the room with the new shirt on* Here you go. *hands over his shirt* Look, it's.. something personal I cannot show you. Not yet at least. *looks at the ground* You're my age, right? You surely have something you're hiding from ME. I keep my secrets, you keep yours!
Summer senses the aura of the alicorn reaching out for her mind like invading tentacles but before they could enter they are shattered against a crystalline, astral wall around her brain. But the only thing visible of all this on the outside is that she narrowed her eyes a tiny bit and locks them on the stallion.

Summer: Take it from somepony who knows. She is no longer among the living. I was her cellmate in the changeling's underground prison. I saw her die down there.
Wheat: Well, for now you'll need a shirt. For tonight you won't. *winks at the stallion and begins to serve the pasta on the plates* Do me a favor and serve the lemonade in the table. Oh, and make room for our guest.

Meadow: *scoffs* I don't keep secrets! I always tell the truth! *observes the shirt he gave back to her* ..Why was your shoulder bleeding?

Tanis: Six years old?! And Grandmother Slingshot was okay with that?! I am older than you were! I should know how to use a sword by now! How cool is that?!
Meriva: But swords are dangerous, right father?
Tanis: Not if you know how to use it! You must teach your kids!

Ragnar: So, sister of mine.. Have you gone out for a run lately?
Tsura: ..A run?
Ragnar: you know.. Have you stolen anything recently?
Tsura: What?! No!
Ragnar: Aw.. You're no fun anymore..
Tsura: *frowns* I can be fun!
Ragnar: You were funner without him or your kids. Always cracking sadistic jokes..
Tsura: I'm trying to act good.
Ragnar: Life sucks either way, get a helmet.. Good isn't in me.
Tsura: Well I for one have tried.
Ragnar: D'aw, stop being cute.
Tsura: Not possible.
Ragnar: hmm. Why don't you join me in a run? Don't you miss the excitement? Getting your hooves in gold, and showering yourself in bits?
Tsura: I can't do that.
Ragnar: Aw, come on! Just once to relive the moments we had together as brother and sister.
Thunderstorm: Do you REALLY want to know?