My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 651-700 of 3438

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Slingshot: *furrows a brow as she looks deeply into the stallion's eyes* I can't really lay my hoof on you... you're so ambivalent... and hectic... how can you be such a ruffian in one minute and so... charming in the other?! Like two utterly different ponies!
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Longsword: (Walks into his room) Hello, Wheat
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Ragnar: Take it or leave it, Sunshine. Hmm.. Charming, huh? Well I for one think that's the first step for our relationship tonight. *places the bottle on the ground and turns to the mare, curling her mane behind her ears once again* Teddy Bear or Grizzly Bear?

Wheat: Oh, greetings my love! I'm just finishing up this patient!
last edited over a year ago
Longsword: Alright. (Sits on the bed)
Longsword: Oh, my apologizes
The final fragments of Slingshot's resistance melt away as she can no longer control her urges. Not only does she wrap her arms around the stallion but her hind legs around his waist as well, locking them behind his back, holding him in a tight, powerful grasp.

Slingshot: I know I'm going to regret this later... for giving in... but oh, my goodness, it's been so long somepony paid attention to me like that!
Wheat: I apologize as well.. Longsword is married to me.. Therefore he knows he shouldn't be checking out any other mares because he's gonna have a big storm coming! *lets go of the mare's mane, then properly wraps her broken wing against her back. The doctor reaches for her supplies, and pulls out a bottle of pills.* Take two of these, it'll relieve the pain!

Ragnar: *grins at the mare* Well, dandelion.. I can assure you, you can hug this teddy bear whenever you want. *sits on the bed with her on his lap, stroking her neck and cheek gently with his hoof* So tell me.. What awful thing caused such a beautiful dandelion like you to.. Float away into little pieces?
Longsword: Oh, come on now. You know that my eyes would always be on you, dear (Kisses her cheek)
Slingshot: Eh... it's... complicated...

(gonna pass out soon, so see you later guys! great rping with you as always! :)
Jade_23 commented…
Bye bye! over a year ago
Ragnar: Good thing we have all night! And alcohol! *winks at her, then makes space for her to lie down on his chest. He then stares at Slingshot's cold face as their muzzles are only inches away from each other. He drags his hook once again up her spine* Tell me.. I want to listen to you.

Wheat: *kisses Longsword back* I know! So go stand in the corner and give us some privacy.
Longsword: (Playfully) Yes dear (Turns to the corner)
Once the mare drinks the pills, Wheat saves all the equipment back in the white saddlebag. She nods in acknowledgment at her patient with a smile.

Wheat: There we go! You're all set to go!
Longsword: (Keeps his eyes on the corner)
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
(If I remember right, Jade you said there were 3 beds so...where's Crystal gonna sleep?)

Astral: *sighs* I'll go get dinner...If any of you still have a tiny bit of apetite in you then just tell me.
Crystal: *akwardly scratches her head from the tension* er...I'll go! I'm just going to have a sandwich or something...
Astral: Just get an apple...that's all I'll eat.
(Meadow is gonna sleep on the floor. xD)

Meadow: Don't eat too much or else you'll get a stomach ache.. *smiles and them, then stands up and pulls the drawers, grabbing two extra blankets and one pillow. She lays them on the ground and wraps herself up like a sandwich* I'm.. Going to take a break.. *yawns*
Astral: *looking confused then he approaches Meadow and crouches down* Ok...now I feel guilty. C'mon,you can take my bed. *holds out hoof*
Meadow: *yawns with her eyes closed* No, no.. I'm fine down here. The floor isn't that hard. Besides, you had a rough day today and Crystal is probably tired from her training. You both need beds more than I do. But I admire your generosity, Astral... You go eat something, yeah? I'll just take a nap..
Astral: ha,you know I'm not letting that happen. Ladies comes first,yeah? *chuckles* Please,I insist. It's not like there's a monster under the bed. *smiles*
Longsword: (Keeps waiting for Wheat to finish)
Longsword: (Still doesn't turn, so he didn't see the kiss) Yes yes, I understand. And don't worry, I saw nothing.
Meadow: *flinches and ear, then opens her eyes* If I accept, will that make you happy? *sighs* ...Fine. But I'd like you to sleep on a bed as well. We can share one if you'd like.. Probably you wouldn't. Don't worry, I won't murder you.. Hah.. But fine.. Go get something to eat, alright? *nods at him as he walks out with Crystal, then moves up to the bed and lies down*

Wheat: *blinks in surprise as both of the ponies walk out. She furrows an eyebrow and walks toward the door, locking it still in doubt of what happened. The mare shakes her head and turns back at Longsword* You can see now, Longsword.

Tsura suddenly releases herself from Catapult's grasp with flushed cheeks. She lies on the bed, panting of the rough fun she'd had for the past half hour. Her mane is a mess and her dark purple lipstick is all smeared around her cheeks. The mare buttons up her dress then perks her ears and then looks at the nude stallion above her with constricted eyes.

Tsura: Where's our children?
Catapult: *lies on the bed, watching his wife getting dressed with a satisfied grin on his face* I don't know, honey... maybe they went to the cafeteria with the others?
Longsword: (Turns) Oh, good. I was hoping to get a good look at your beautiful face (Smiles to her) Well, I should take a shower. Knowing you, its best to have a clean husband
Wheat: Yes, you for once said something right! This sin't our house.. But we should make a nice model as the clients, leaving this place clean, including you, Longsword!

Tsura: Cafeteria, huh..? *observes Catapult closely with a discrete smirk* What? Enjoyed too much?

Ragnar: *frowns at Slingshot, tilting his head* What, you don't want to tell me? I'm sorry, Dandelion, but you are stuck with me for the rest of the night.. Must I use my superpower and charm you once again?
Longsword: (Playfully) Why you... You'd better be quiet, or I'll make you be quiet (Smiles to her, being a bit flirtatious)
Astral: *smiles then moves to a place next to the window while Crystal gets their dinner)

(see ya.)
Catapult: Hehe, what can I say? I always do! You are the most beautiful mare ever! But we should check on those little rascals indeed. You know how Tanis attracts trouble...

Slingshot: *a resigned sigh escapes her chest* Very well then... because you know the feeling of being hopelessly lost as well... when there is a dark void in the middle of your soul... and no wealth, pleasure or rage can fill that void... *her voice trails off a bit as she gathers her thoughts* Many have said that I'm cold and rigid, utterly incapable of feeling love or empathy... I have been teased with that since I was a filly... only because I was serious and rational... somepony who always knew her duties from a very early age... that shouldn't be surprising in a family of soldiers... my parents were warriors just like their parents and the many generations before them.... Besides the service, nothing else really existed for me until Cannonbolt came into my life... he was the only one who noticed me. I know I'm not the most pleasant sight to look at; feminine traits of a mare are irrelevant in the military... Yet he made me feel so special and beautiful even... that was OUR time... the most wonderful four years of my life... even though our comrades said that I didn't love him... that I was like ice with him... it couldn't be further from the truth... I did love him. In my own way. I am indeed a bit cold hearted, it's basically a given in my line of work... that's why I was so good at it and became the best. Especially after Cannonball have fallen in battle, shortly before Catapult was born. But such a relationship was strictly prohibited among Black Feather members... but he was the only thing left of my husband... so in order to save him, I chose reduction and humiliation... and the only way he could live was to bring him into the Black Feathers for training. I've done some unspeakable things in my life... he's the only good I have ever created... that's why he's so important to me... that's why I have always been watching him, protecting him, guiding him. Even against his will. And now I fear for him... his life... I fear for us all... I can't explain why... I just have this bad feeling in my bones... the same thing I've always felt before we were ambushed behind enemy territory... Catapult is all I have left... the only one who reminds me that I have not yet turned into a machine altogether... like many-many things in this world... Yes, I do have feelings, I'm just unable to express them most of the time... it's the way I am. That's why I've been alone most of my life...
Wheat: Hm, yeah? *walks closer to Longsword* Why don't you make me quiet then? *grins mischievously*

Tsura: Strange.. *fixes her mane* I wonder where he could've gotten that from. I wasn't really a troublemaker as a filly. *raises her eyebrow at Catapult* Were you?

Ragnar: *lies back and listens to every word carefully, once a while sipping on his rum. Once the mare finishes, he lifts his cold blue eyes at her with an apathetic expression. He speaks calmly, as if telling a story to children as he did in the past.* You know, I met this mare a few years ago.. Hmm.. Let's call her Dandelion! Why? Because she was quite fragile in my perspective. One blow and you could easily destroy her. I knew her as a soldier who followed orders from the wicked king of the past. I knew her as someone who sliced my sister's wings off.. Someone who I thought only had darkness in her heart. Few years passed, and she became a monk. Trying to forget the sinful bygones that she'd lived. Yet oddly, darkness always found it's way back into her. It built a strong wall around her heart and her mind. Well, wanna know what I think? She's so beautiful, yet so sad.. Always saying no one will ever love her, and that she's been alone for too long. And yet when a handsome stallion like me comes and tells her he loves her, she runs and hides. That mare is so silly. They love her. She just doesn't love herself. She's beautiful. But not in the beautiful ways society accepts these days. She didn't have that long, dripped gold mane. Her eyes weren't colored as the beautiful sea. Her smile was crooked and bent. She didn't have a gentle laugh. Her mane was always tied up. She didn't have the perfect female body. She didn't have the perfect lips and personality. But she was beautiful. She was beautiful in the way broken hearts cried at night. Beautiful as a rainy morning. She was just so beautiful, because she refused to taste the sadness of her life even though that was the only thing she had left to eat. She is like whiskey in a teacup. She's got a messy soul, a lonely heart, a disturbing mind.. And I find it attractive how she carries herself. Her smile was like an eclipse. Very rare. And when it happens, the universe stops to just stare at it in awe. I thought her magnet eyes were enthralling as well. They were so captivating I could barely stand on my hooves. And her green mane was like a fresh lime in the kitchen.. Her fur was flawless, and her mind was just right.. Dandelion was not a weed.. She was a true flower within the daisies. No, she was a dandelion within the roses. She always stood out the most.
Catapult: Haha, troublemaker? In a family of warriors? *imitate a serious face and voice sarcastically* Where duty comes first? No way! He probably gets it from your brother, no?

Slingshot: *stares at the stallion in shock and even blushes a little* Whoa... you truly have a way with words... but I believe this "flower" will have no interest to you anymore when daybreak comes. *suddenly kisses him on the cheek with a surprising passion and tenderness* but thank you... nopony ever spoke to me like that in a long time.
Longsword: Okay. You asked for it (Kisses her lovingly and passionately)
Wheat: *coils her hooves around the stallion as she returns the kiss*
Willow: *perks her ears of all the noise, then encounters her parents* Hey! I'm trying to sleep!

Tsura: Perhaps... Although, my brother was always protective as a colt.. His spirit animal is a bear after all. *shrugs* Speaking of my annoying twin, where is he? Did he return to Slingshot's cabin already? Impressive. Not causing a ruckus in the train..

Ragnar: ...Remember earlier you said you'd might regret this night? I probably will too... *observes Slingshot's eyes* But the only thing I can think of right now is your lips pressing against mine. I don't care if I'm drunk.. Yes, we might not have interest in each other by morning.. But right now I just need someone to hold. *unexpectedly he wraps his hoof around the mare's neck and kisses her amorously and lovingly*
Catapult: Hah, just wait for it... they'll end up arguing or even fighting for sure! Ragnar annoys mother on a great scale!

Slingshot: *returns the sensual kiss running her cold, rough hoof down the stallion's barrel, going lower and lower at a painfully slow speed, which is a sign that she knows how to tease* Oh I can feel you have deployed your "artillery" to break down my gates... *tightens the grip of her hind legs around Ragnar and whispers into his ears with heavy breathing* Just be gentle... it's been a long time since I've been with somepony...
Longsword: Sorry, Willow (Whispers to Wheat) Perhaps this isn't the best place for this
Tsura: *perks her ears and opens the door and peeks her head out with a furrowed eyebrow, then glances at her three children who just stare at her with a wide smile.* If they broke anything, it's not their fault. They're only kids.

Wheat: You think? We can't just lock ourselves in a closet and that be the end of it! *Sighs, then kisses Longsword on the cheek* Let's go to bed, we've had a rough day.

Ragnar: *smirks drunkenly at the mare below him as his hoof lowers down to her flank* Gentle? Thought you were a rough pony in bed.. And from the looks of it, it seems like you know how to please a stallion. *lowers his furry chin and kisses her tensed neck
Longsword: Well, I would, but I have a shower I need to take. Like you said, we need to keep this place clean, including myself (Chuckles to himself)
Catapult: *looks at his children with questioning eyes* And where you three have been?!

Slingshot: *suddenly flips the stallion over with a quick and strong move, not letting him out of the tight grasp of her thighs but now she's on top of him, pinning Ragnar to the bed* Like I said... I've had my fair share of fun when I was younger. and I expect you to put your skills where your mouth is! *kisses him again but this time the kiss is more violent and erotic, then she blows out the petroleum lantern on Ragnar's side of the bed too, letting the darkness charitably cover their bodies like a warm blanket...*
Tsura: Hmm.. Bring us two glasses of Witch Blood. Ironic.. Anyhow, any meal that comes in a family size is fine.. These three devils must be starving..
Tanis: Well, father, as we said we were looking for food. We grabbed some from someone else's plate, then we realized the pony we'd stolen from told on us so we began to escape!
Meriva: -And then we forgot where our room was so we began to knock on every door on the train!
Vectra: Somehow we stumbled upon Grandmother's door and we knocked on it but she didn't answer.
Tanis: She was talking about some random stuff with our Uncle but it sounded serious!
Meriva: Ya!
Tanis: And then we asked this pretty mare to lead us back to our parents!

Wheat: Fine, fine.. Go ahead. I'll wait for you here!
Longsword: Alright then (Kisses her on the cheek and walks out and into the bathroom, and gets the water started)
Catapult: Oh, I see. But you shouldn't wander off like that! These are dangerous times, you know it all too well! *looks at the mare at the door and smiles at her* Well... thank you for returning our children to us. It was very kind of you!
NocturnalMirage commented…
we just posted at the same time. :D over a year ago
Tsura: *taps her chin and tilts her head* Those are odd Equestrian names for foods.. Hmm.. I still need to learn all of these weird metaphors..
(After some time, Longsword comes out, drying himself off)
Catapult: I think we'll have... *blinks in perplexity* wait what? *instinctively assumes a protective position beside his wife while pulling the kids inside with his hoof quietly and signals her with his eyes that something's not right*
Jade_23 commented…
Both of you always post at the same time. xD over a year ago
yeah, I'm gonna wait longer this time to make sure that it doesn't happen again. :D over a year ago
it happens, it happens! :D over a year ago
Tanis: Those sound delicious! I want the warning fries!
Tsura: ..What? Wait.. *gasps in realization* No.. No, no no! Not today! Three rooms down?! That's where my brother and Wheat is..!!!
Jade_23 commented…
xD over a year ago
Longsword: (Wraps the towel around him, and walks in to see Wheat) Is this clean enough for you dear
Longsword: (Rushes for his pistol and fires at them)
Toy Sword: *unsheathes his sword that he always has besides him for being a guard, then attacks the changelings with bravery along with his father*
Wheat: GAH! Changeling! *rushes to her daughter and wakes her up*
Willow: Mommy.. Let me sleep!
Wheat: No time for that, my dear! *picks up Willow and carries her in her hooves* Wait! We need to get out of here, Longsword, and warn the others!

Meadow: *wakes up with a twitch from the gunshots she hears from the other side. Her eyes widen as she stands up and shakes her head in confusion* ..Huh?

Jade_23 commented…
Gah yes. xD over a year ago
Longsword: (Kills the Changelings, making sure there dead) Oh man, this isn't good. Lets get going
Jade_23 commented…
^ He can write what suits him. It's not a sin if you don't write a complete paragraph. :) over a year ago
Slingshot opens her eyes just after reaching the peak of "Mount Olympus", so her vision is a bit blurry. at first, she doesn't even comprehend what she sees in the gloom... A changeling sneaking up behind Ragnar, who's still on top of her, attempting to stab him in the back.

Slingshot: Watch out!

The mare flips him over like before and reacts with an instinctive move by skillfully punching the attacker in chin, temporarily stunning him so she can take his knife and slash his throat with a strange hiss. The blood splatters over the clean white sheets...

Slingshot: Wake up,Ragnar!!! Changelings!!!
Thanks! the routine, mate... three years of roleplaying. :D over a year ago
Tsura: *widens her eyes at Gloria's action* W-We need to warn everypony else, Catapult! I'll go get my brother and your mother! Take care of the kids. As much as I hate to admit it, you are a better fighter than I am in some circumstances.
Tanis: *shakes his head, confused of what's happening* Cool! We get to see some real action!
Meriva: A-Are we gonna kick flank?
Tsura: *kisses Catapult's cheek* Get the others out of here! *runs off to the opposite direction*

Wheat: *nods at her husband as she carries Willow, followed by her older son* What about Meadow! Stop, we're not going without her!

Meadow: ..What?! *idles there for a minute, then quickly stands up and wakes up Thunderstorm on the other bed* Come on, we need to evacuate the train! *helps him up, and before leaving, she grabs Crystal's archery equipment and head outside* We need to find Astral and crystal! And if you don't want to, then fine! I'll do it on my own!

Ragnar: *blinks in confusion as his mind is still far from sober. The stallion shakes his head, and dresses up most of his body. The stallion then reappears with the black feather sword from earlier he'd hidden. He sees Slingshot fighting another changeling, then widens his eyes once he recognizes the monsters, and the insect sneaking up behind Slingshot. Ragnar quickly runs into the changeling behind her and punctures his eye, then neck with his hook* Let's go, Dandelion!
Longsword: That was who I was going after. I am not leaving without anyone. We will all leave together