My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1051-1100 of 3438

over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Blunderbuss: (Damn, no connection to them. Oh well. With this new magic spell in my possession, I could try it on someone... And why not test it on that damn mare that found me out years ago)
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Tsura: You filthy liar! What were you thinking?! You trust them and not me?! I thought we were friends!

As Tsura continues to speak, her sentence is interrupted by a deep, masculine voice that summons behind her. When she turns around, the mare interlocks her eyes with Ragnar's. The gypsy just stares at her with disappointed eyes.

Ragnar: No, this is between us as well, Summer Pride.
over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Summer: *looks at Ragnar with a creepy grin* Baby, you are absolutely correct! *the determined expression soon fades away from her face to make way for uncertainty and doubt. She raises her arm to attack but her hoof stops in mid air as she stares at the ponies in front of her; clearly hesitating and weighing the options*
Blunderbuss: (Walks to the asylum) It seems that filthy mare is here. I'd better get to work
Guards: Hold it. State your busi- (Blunderbuss uses his magic to slice the guards in half, not stopping once as he passes their dead corpses, and walks into the building)
Ragnar: Listen, Summer Pride. I did not come back here to sleep with you in the same bed again. I came to Equestria to make sure you were alright. Then I'd leave.
Tsura: Based on what I heard, she's been alright for eight months, perhaps more!
Ragnar: Exactly. I don't judge you for hiding for that long and not wanting to show your face. Whatever it is that you think I did, I am sorry. I never lost hope. I did search for you. For many many years. I dragged my sick tribe into all of this. And as a result, I found you. But.. This isn't the you that I was hoping for. I understand your anger. For that, I'll leave. I won't ever bother you again. You will never have to see the stallion who left you behind. And I wont tell anyone your secret.
Tsura: I'm leaving as well. That goes two ponies who know all of this.
Meadow: *looks at the twins with saddened eyes, then turns to Thunderstorm* I promise I won't tell any pony, Auntie.. I'll keep my mouth shut. Cast a curse on me to forget if you'd like!
Tsura: *flares her wings, hovering in the air with her brother* We'll leave Equestria right now. I'll take my tribe far from here. You won't ever see a gypsy again. Just don't hurt the innocent. Meadow was doing her job.
last edited over a year ago
Blunderbuss: (Walking through the building, making sure to slaughter any guard that is in his way)
over a year ago smartone123 said…
(ah anyone mind helping me find a way to incorporate them.Also all you have great ocs too :3)
Jade_23 commented…
Aw thank you. :) over a year ago
NocturnalMirage commented…
I'm thinking about it! :D oh and thanks! :3 over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
Hmm.. Maybe if Summer Pride lets the gypsies out, Ragnar and Tsura can crash into Smooth W in the forest, but I don't know. :P over a year ago
smartone123 commented…
(huumm what about the other two??) over a year ago
Summer: No. You cannot be allowed to interfere with the operation at this very delicate stage! *the thick iron doors suddenly close on both ends of the corridor* You couldn't go anywhere safe either way. Because within a few days, ponykind shall be extinct! That's what we are trying to prevent!!!
Blunderbuss: (Suddenly right behind Summer, with an intimidating grin) Extinction, huh? What a lovely word
Meadow: *glares at Blunderbuss, then widens her eyes in memory of stupidity* Not you again!! Hm, no costume, huh? Need another sip of water?!?!

Ragnar: And what does that have to do with us, Summer Pride?! We won't interfere with anything! Just let us out!
Tsura: How dare you lock us in?! Don't you understand that we don't want to have anything to do with this?! We're going back to the Isles of Romani. We're fighting back for our territory tonight! So let us go!
Ragnar: Don't make me do something I'll regret later. I don't want anything to do with you, Summer Pride. With us gone, we minimize problems. Just think about it! Think of an excuse to tell the rest. I left because I had duties to take care of, and so did my sister. I'm done here in Equestria. My goal was to know you were alive, and you are. I have no business here anymore. Neither does my sister.
Blunderbuss: Oh, come now, Meadow. That's no way to talk to "The only pony that treated you nicely".
Meadow: SHUT UP! I'm not that stupid anymore! Meeting you was the worst moment of my life! I swear that one day you will pay for all the sins and trickery you've done! What are you doing here?! To humiliate me?!
Blunderbuss: Oh, no. Not at all. I am just here to find that worthless mare that found me out and ruined my plans eight years ago. What was her name? Oh yes, Steel Sword. I have a new magic trick for her
Summer: You shall do no such thing! *her horn project a magic beam and it looks like she's aiming precisely at Ragnar's head, but the beam divides into two a few inches from his muzzle, go around him, unite again and strike Blunderbuss on the chest, making him fly back*
(Blunderbuss suddenly turns into a cloud of smoke)
Blunderbuss: (Right behind Summer) You'll have to try harder than that to harm me, Summer
over a year ago FabulousChicken said…
Thunderstorm: *throws the knife towards Blunderbuss, scratching his cheek* Go away.. Now.
Tsura: *turns to Meadow* Can you block Summer's magic and open the doors? We must go. Help us out!
Meadow: I'm sorry, Tsura.. My magic is not that strong. I can try.. But it is no use. You must fake a smile and stay here.
Tsura: *frowns then quickly flies to the exit with her brother, staring at the thick iron doors* You must create a spell to let us out.
Ragnar: I don't know if I can.
Tsura: I don't want to be here anymore! You were right! Mother was right! *sniffs* I don't belong here. Catapult is just another soldier and a damn liar who could care less about me!
Ragnar: What about your children?
Tsura: ..They have a better future with him. I can't provide all this luxury to them. But our priority right now is to escape.. Then we'll stop off some stores and steal few foods and all for our tribe.. Princess Sly is back.. Whether my mom wants it, or not. We set sail to our territory, and we fight back what was ours in the first place!!!
Ragnar: *nods at Tsura*
Tsura: And what about Summer Pride?
Ragnar: Like I said, I just came back to see if she was alive. Before she was captured, our relationship was going so well. She hates me now. She doesn't want to see my face. I must flee.
(Blunderbuss turns into smoke again)
Blunderbuss: (Walking along the ceiling) You have to move faster than that boy
Summer: *suddenly teleports in front of the gypsies with an angry but not menacing look on her face* You still don't understand do you?! What I'm doing for you, for each and every one of you is the sign of ultimate love!!! Help me take care of this bastard and I'll explain everything! If you still want to go after you hear what I have to say, so be it! *while the gypsies still hesitating, her eyes grow large and new emotions begin "pouring" in them* TRUST ME THIS ONE LAST TIME!!! As I once trusted you!
Tsura: We will help you take care of him, but no matter what you say we are leaving for good. *flies up in the air, and crashes against Blunderbuss in the ceiling* GET OUT!!!
Ragnar: The trust that we had between us, all of us, is gone, Summer Pride. Completely gone. I think the last pony out of everyone I'd trust here, is you, love. *flares his wings and flies to the opposite direction of the room, leaving Summer alone as he helps his sister*
Blunderbuss: (Constantly changes his location for each clone that gets hit) This pathetic attempt for a battle is boring me (Uses his magic to knock Tsura and Ragnar to the other end of the room)
Tsura: *stands up and shakes her dizzy head like a mad dog*
Ragnar: I should've killed him when we had him tied up.
Meadow: *frowns as she glares at Blunderbuss, then fire a beam of magic to the unicorn, causing him to lose balance and fall on the ground* I have more than that!!!
Blunderbuss: (Stands up, as he was actually able to be hit) My my. Your magic is actually pretty outstanding. Tell me, Meadow. How powerful is your magic
Meadow: Powerful enough to kick you on your flank!!! ...And on your knees!
Blunderbuss: I see. In fact, I don't think you are using your full magic. I'd say you have some sort of potential magic in you that isn't unlocked yet. It interests me (Grins, before disappearing, then reappears behind her, grabbing her) And I want to see what this magic is
Meadow: LET GO OF ME, YOU BASTARD!!!! *the unicorn's horn blasts, and she sends Blunderbuss flying backwards, making him crash against the wall harshly from her orange forcefield*
Ragnar: *seeing the chance, he flies to the enemy and holds him down* You chose the wrong time to mess with us!
Blunderbuss: I didn't want to do this, but you leave me with no choice (Uses his horn and lightly taps Ragnar's forehead, making him appear that he is in a dark room)
Ragnar: *shakes his head, then looks around in confusion, and groans* Damn it! The illusion spell! *kicks his angered hoof on the carpet* That was my signature move, lad!

Tsura: Hey! *gallops to Blunderbuss and kicks his chin with her hind hooves, making him lose power of the spell, bringing Ragnar back to reality* Enough with your games! *picks up the broken lamp, and stabs Blunderbuss in the eye with the sharp edge*
Summer: *seeing the opportunity, she delivers a punch, powerful enough to break some of his ribs, making him crash through the ceiling to one story above*
Blunderbuss: (The Blunderbuss turns to smoke again, with Blunderbuss behind her) Why do you bother to keep trying, dear (Suddenly, touches her with his horn, making her feel the same) And this is no illusion spell. It is a little spell I taught myself. I call it Nightmare
Tsura: *blinks in perplexity* THE DARK DOESN'T SCARE ME! I'VE HAD TO LIVE YEARS IN IT! *she blinks once again, and reappears with the others. When she looks up, she sees Blunderbuss being thrown high, crashing in the ceiling*
Blunderbuss: It isn't the dark you should be afraid of (Does it again, and this time, she is back there, but in front of a group of gypsies, all of them catching fire and screaming in pain)
Summer: *begins walking through Blunderbuss and in the mean time, a strange, black material starts oozing out from the tattoo on her wrist, slowly coiling around her body like tendrils and veins, turning her white fur into black as night* Son, I HAVE been through every kind of nightmare! There's nothing new you could show me! *her cutie mark turns upside down again and even her voice and eye color changes* I am the mother of all nightmares now!

(Nope and she's not Nightmare Moon, even though it sounds similar, I know. :)
(Also, gtg, need some sleep, will be back as soon as I can)
Jade_23 commented…
Yeah, Ragnar was going to make an illusion to Catapult as well. Haha, we all had nightmares planned. over a year ago
Tsura: *blinks, then widens her eyes as she stares at the amount of gypsies tied against poles and set on fire. The mare quickly flies to the closest pole, and tries to set the gypsy free. Her ears perk up once she hears the screams of her own mother from a distance* I'm coming, Jaya! Hold on!!!
Gypsy: This happened because you left your tribe to die, Tsura Sly! You are no princess! You are the enemy of our people!
Tsura: I did not betray you all! *blinks once again, and reappears besides his brother who is just staring at her in shock and confusion*
Ragnar: After this, I am teaching you a spell to shoo away that magic. After all, gypsies are masters of illusions.
Tsura: ..I know.. That is why I wanted you to create an illusion for my husband.. I wanted his wings to be off his body and in my hooves!
Ragnar: Hmm.. I like it! That good for nothing deserves it after all.

(Night! :)
Blunderbuss: That is what you believe. But, what if I were to remind you of your worst fears. Like that one stallion who tried to kill you all those years ago. Or your brother who was killed in the war. I don't know what it is that brings fear into your mind, but I will find, in time
Thunderstorm: *he grabs Blunderbuss and pins him down to the ground, stabbing him* It could've ended so well..

(He didn't kill Blunderbuss don't worry.)
(I know)
Blunderbuss: (Appears behind Thunderstorm) I see that you are a very tenacious young boy. I admire your persistence, but you are starting to annoy me (Uses his Nightmare spell on him, bringing him to the lab where he once was)

(Or, wherever Thunderstorm got that mark. I honestly can't remember :P
Meadow: Hey!! Leave him alone! Leave us all alone! *jumps on Blunderbuss, pinning the stallion down as their muzzles are only inches away. Her panting of anger and fear surrounds the stallion below her.* You cannot do such spell on me! I have a forcefield blocking your magic! And if you do not leave, I will kill you! *leans forward, glaring at him*
Blunderbuss: I am not leaving without you, Meadow. And I have a secret to tell you. With my Nightmare spell, I can kill them with just a thought of it. But, I give you my word, if you surrender to me, I will let them go. Refuse, and they die in a second. What will it be
Thunderstorm: Your Nightmare needs a little work. I'm not scared of them anymore. Now let Meadow and everyone go, you filth.
Meadow: *stares at the stallion below her, confused* I'll do anything if you leave us alone! What do you want?!
Thunderstorm: Don't do it Meadow, please.. Just please don't do it..
Blunderbuss: I want you to surrender yourself to me. I want to unlock your full magic, and see what you have
Meadow: Fine! If that is what you want, in order for my friends to survive, including Summer.. Then I surrender. I give myself in to you. Just get out of here!
Blunderbuss: Good. But, first, I must send a message (Uses his magic to send a message)

Steel Sword: (Wandering the halls, when suddenly, she hears a voice)
Blunderbuss: Oh, Steel Sword. How are you on this fine evening. I just wanted to tell you that your little niece has given herself to me. Oh, the joy of piercing her body with needle after needle, taking away her magic for myself, will give me most joy. Well, bye bye
Steel Sword: (Runs through the hall, trying to find them)

Blunderbuss: There, it is done. Now, come with me, Meadow. We have much to do
Meadow: *lowers her ears with a sigh and constricted pupils* Yes, Blunderbuss..
Tsura: Kid..
Meadow: It's okay.. Summer wanted me dead anyways. I'm doing her a favor for opening my big mouth. *looks at Thunderstorm* I'll be alright. Keep the rock I gave you close. *smiles at him* And tell Astral that I'm sorry I did not fight with the skills he taught me. I'll see all of you soon.. *grabs Blunderbuss' hoof* Where to?

Thunderstorm: ..No.. *he flies to Blunderbuss and shakes him* I have suffered through a lot, but not this. Don't take Meadow away. Tell me what I have to do, just don't take her away.. *his angry glowing eyes tear up* TELL ME!
Blunderbuss: You'll see... Oh, before we go, I just want to say.... I am not able to kill them with Nightmare. They are perfectly fine, so you gave yourself to me for no reason (Grins wickedly)
(Before Meadow could do anything, Blunderbuss teleported her and Meadow to a different location)
Ragnar: *watches as Meadow is taken away, then observes Thunderstorm's lament and sighs* I'm done with this.. *lowers his head then opens his eyes* She sacrificed herself for all of us, and there is nothing we can do about it.
Tsura: *looks at Thunderstorm* You'll eventually learn to live with it. *glares at Summer* This is your fault.. Everything leads back to you.

Meadow: *reappears with Blunderbuss in a different location, then falls on the ground weakly* How could you do this to me?! I've done nothing to you!
Thunderstorm: *he tries to hold himself together but a few tears run down his cheeks* *looks at Ragnar and Tsura* You don't know what you're saying. I'll find her again. I'm not letting her go like that. I'm not letting him hurt her. *he lowers his head* You can do whatever you want. I'm not giving up on her.