My Little Pony Friendship is Magic Fading Light RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Aug 12, 2015 at 07:56PM
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages as we do. When they are born, they start out small. Then the bigger they grow, the stronger they get. They make many mistakes when they are young but eventually, they learn to distinguish right from wrong, friend from enemy, conquest from massacre. As they evolve and reach their peak, they are like a mighty stallion at the prime of his life. Powerful, determined, sharp-minded and fueled by the passion and willingness to change the world. But just like us, empires grow old eventually. They become weak, desperate and fragile. Internal illnesses sprout up like weeds in a once beautiful but abandoned garden. The smell of decay attracts the prowling enemies and they gather around to finish what time has already started...

The changelings came from nowhere 8 years ago and brought terror to all. We have managed to stop their mad Queen and foolishly believed that such a victory will mean the end of the war. But we were wrong... so horribly wrong. When we thought our world was safe, it fell apart before our very eyes.

The battle at the Isles of Romani was merely the beginning. The beginning of OUR end. We have fought valiantly till our last breaths. But we were no match for these new weapons the beasts of the abyss have created. When we truly realized what we were up against, it was already too late... One by one, the Southern Kingdoms have fallen. Zebria, Antelopia, The Plain's Nation... they were all consumed by the endless armies of the changelings.

Before we could react, the monsters were pounding on our gates. We had to learn the new ways of war quickly. We gathered the greatest minds of our kind to create weapons that could rival the changeling technology. Factories emerged from the ground one after the other within weeks. We witnessed as our leaders decided to use the new inventions of doom. But the abyssal monsters did not stop. We responded to fire with fire but the only thing that we achieved is to smolder the world to dust.

Through great courage and sacrifice, we were able to stop the changeling invasion. But the effort was too much for our country and the war ripped it into three.

The pegasi were warriors by nature and could not accept surrender. They have seceded from what was left of the Equestrian empire and formed Western Equestria. The winged soldiers continued the war with the changelings and successfully defended their territories for years...

The dwellers of the tundra; the elks, the hypogriffs, the deer and the griffons created the Northern Federation and broke off all contact with the rest of the world. The griffons, who were once great warriors, just hid in their cold, desolate mountain like cowards.

The remaining regions of the former Empire took the name of Central Equestria. Their King was able to protect the most valuable and strategically important cities, like Manehatten. But he only prolonged the agony of his nation...

Year after year, the war waged on... Every side suffered tremendous casualties but none could triumph over the other. The battle has become a stalemate. The front lines have solidified like a frozen lake. But the so-called truce did not bring too much relief... Disease, hunger, violence and riots spread like wildfires only the never sleeping factories remained constant... the pale Sun always hides behind the dense, black smoke coming from their chimneys, like if it was ashamed of the world. Well... the Sun has every right to feel that way...

So I guess the saying is true... Countries do have the same life cycles as we do. And ours is dying. When the ponies lose faith in their own country, that country is doomed to be lost in the sands of time... After all... this is the Age of the Fading Light.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit, you may play as many characters as you want, within a reasonable number of course.

- Please do not implement anything that deviates drastically from the established laws of the show!

- We like to keep a fast pace and although this is not a specific rule, but try to post daily so you won't fall out of the loop.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)
Voiced by: (optional)

Useful tips:

- This is the sequel of the Eye of Anubis RP. However, you don't really need to have too much knowledge of the previous RP. Only a few characters are the common link. So that shouldn't hold you back if you wish to join! :)

- This RP takes place in a time period AFTER the Medieval times of Equestria. The premise is more or less like our world was during the Great Industrial Revolution in the 18th century. Lots of new technologies, machines, factories and overall pretty bad life conditions.

- The RP takes place 8 YEARS AFTER the events of the prequel, however, there will be some flashbacks.

- The RP will be full of twists, the tables will be turned every once in a while which will mean that the fine line between antagonists and protagonist will not be as unambiguous as usual.
They say that just like ponies, countries and empires have lives too. They go through the same stages
last edited on Aug 12, 2015 at 08:03PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 3438 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1151-1200 of 3438

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Catapult: *looks at his mother with begging eyes to help him out*
Slingshot: I am sad too, my dear. We'll look for her, don't worry! but right now, you all need to be strong, because your daddy needs you, all right? He and I will always be here to protect you.
over a year ago FabulousChicken said…
Thunderstorm: *he finds the kitchen and sees the other ponies are already there* Good morning.. *he sits down at the end of the table and rests his head on the table*
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Meriva: Aw.. *sighs* But we wanted mommy to protect us too..
Tanis: What's the plan to get our mother back? We'll call it operation cobra!
Vectra: *sniffs* Do you miss Ragnar too? You seemed to be good friends with him the other night.. You were talking so loud you didn't even hear us knock during the changeling attack!

Meadow: *fakes a smile at her family, then turns at Thunderstorm* Good Morning..
Wheat: *observes the tin cans in front of her* Where's Tsura? Usually she's the first one in the table because for some reason she likes to observe the clock when the bird comes out..
Meadow: Tsura isn't here..
Wheat: What ever do you mean?
Meadow: I'll let Summer and Landslide explain..
Wheat: What? What on earth are you talking about?
Meadow: I'm talking about lies okay?! We've been lied at for eight straight months! And because of that, Tsura and Ragnar are GONE!
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
Longsword: Lied? What do you mean by lies?
Thunderstorm: *he raises his head and looks at Meadow, then at the others* It means your friends lied to you. What do you think it would mean?
Slingshot: *slightly blushes* Err... Yes, I miss him too, dear!
Catapult: *raises a brow at his mother*
Slingshot: Like I said: you need to be strong. You are all big ponies now, you will have to understand if your mother never comes back.
Meriva: N-never?
Catapult: We'll find her, darling! Even if i have to travel to the ends of the world, I will get her back!!!
Jade_23 commented…
xD over a year ago
Tanis: Good.. Because mommy can't leave.
Meriva: Ya. *looks around* We'll find her after breakfast! *hops on her father's back*
Vectra: Uncle Ragnar should return too. We miss his stories.
Meriva: Yeah, and Slingshot misses her roommate too!

Meadow: By lies I mean that Summer Pride was fine the whole time!!! She was found eight months ago, and she's been working with Catapult, Slingshot, and Landslide ever since! Everything was planned out!
Wheat: *chokes on her tea* ..What?! What about the bomb?! My daughter could've died!
Meadow: I know! We all could've! It was part of the plan! *stomps her hoof and sits down, resting her head on her hooves*
Catapult: Yes, we'll look for her. but for now, let's get something to eat, hm?

As they trot toward the kitchen, he whispers to Slingshot...

Catapult: Holy shit, mom! You slept with him???
Slingshot: I'm a grown mare and I don't owe an explanation to anyone! These things are not your concern! *trots ahead*

At Meadow's last sentence, Summer and Landslide enter the kitchen...

Summer: Actually, that is not quite accurate. We never intended to hurt any of you!
Landslide: On the contrary! Everything we did was supposed to be protecting you from any harm.
Summer: But things got out of control and you have the right to know what happened...

Then Summer tells them everything she told the others before...
Wheat: WHAT?!
Toy Sword: The ponies of Equestria will be.. Extinct?! All of us?!
Wheat: Why didn't you tell us?! We could've protected ourselves! You could've at least wrote a note or something! At least say, "Oh, hey my friends. I'm alright. We just have some current issues. Let's meet up somewhere to talk privately" How hard is it to say that?! ...And how is that even possible?! Their weapon is too powerful! How are we suppose to deal with this?! How do we stop it?
Tanis: *trots in the kitchen along with his incomplete family* GOOD MORNING!
Willow: Hi Tanis! *waves a hoof*
Tanis: What's all the yelling about?
Willow: *shrugs* Something about death or extinction.
Vectra: Funny how we were talking about extinction of animals in our first day of school with Ms. Light..
last edited over a year ago
Summer: The changelings were going through your mail. It would have been too risky. I'm sorry about the deception but it had to be done. We did not wish any of you to get hurt.
Wheat: *rubs her temples, in denial of the information just like everypony else* Is that why Ragnar and Tsura left? Both of you are the worst lovers ever.. You never lie to someone you love, even if it's to protect them! Well.. I guess this friendship can no longer be built on trust.. *taps her hoof impatiently on the table, then lifts her orange eyes at Summer* As much as I'm mad at you.. *stands up and unexpectedly gives the unicorn a big, warm hug* I'm glad to have you back..
Summer's eyes grow large in surprise and shock as Wheat hugs. her After a few seconds of hesitation, she returns the gesture.

Summer: It's good to be back...
Landslide: And we are terribly sorry for deceiving you... it's my fault. Summer wanted to contact you as soon as she recovered. But Slingshot and I convinced her not to...
Slingshot: We just wanted to protect you but it turned out wrong and you eventually paid the price... And it is admittedly hard for me to say it: but for that, I apologize as well.
Wheat: Unfortunately, sorry does not pay for the dozens of deaths that happened that morning. Nor the injuries of the children in this room. Nor our emotional state. *frowns as she breaks the hug* And we don't have our own tribe to run back to in this situation. Although if I did, I would be out the door protecting my people right now.. *sighs* Whether we want it or not, we have to work together to stop this.
Slingshot: Yes, you are correct. but sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. Our entire race is at stake here.
Summer: And none of those innocent ponies was supposed to die that day! If it wasn't for that alicorn, my brother would have had enough time to evacuate the entire wing.
Wheat: *furrows an eyebrow at Summer* But you had the choice of setting off that bomb. You could've waited for a couple more minutes.. And you wonder why Ragnar left you.. And Tsura too.. *glances at Catapult, then at the others* But why are we arguing about this anyway? It's in the past. It'll remain permanent there.. Forever. So no need to talk to the wall. Let's get this over with.. What's the plan for today?
Summer: That blasted alicorn! Should have killed him when I had the chance!
Landslide: He cannot be allowed to mass his forces!
Slingshot: Indeed. He must have made a deal with the griffons. Those filthy bastards would even sell their own mother for a few bits.
Landslide: Still, we are being attacked from various direction. Canterlot alone won't be able to defend our entire border line!
Summer: Hmm... something must be done! That raving lunatic has to be stopped! For the sake of all of us!
Toy Sword: And how exactly are we suppose to do that?
Wheat: Great! Now we have even more problems! First the changelings, then the gypsies leaving, now this!
Meadow: How are we going to manage each of them?
Longsword: Well find a way. If we were able to do it in the rebellion, we can do it now. Think of it, the Changelings may be more powerful, but they lack one thing that we don't have. Order. They all basically act on instinct. If we are able to outsmart them, we may be able to keep them at bay long enough to persuade other nations to help us
Summer: Hmm... good thinking. And it actually gave me an idea. We could deploy a smaller squadron, infiltrate the changeling territory and attack that cursed alicorn from behind. I know how we can get through to Western Equestria. In the mean time, Landslide could secure our Northern borders and send emissaries to the griffons. Perhaps we can offer them a better deal. The richest parts of the country are still under our command.
Longsword: Alright then. I'll go and get my pistols ready
Wheat: You are basically sending us to a suicide mission.
Meadow: Wouldn't be the first time..
Wheat: And you are asking the griffons for help? Never thought it would come to that..
Longsword: We have to try. If we don't try, we will all die. But if we try to convince them to join us, we may have a chance to survive. It will be hard, but at least with that option, we have a chance at defeating the changelings
Summer: I am not sending anypony to anywhere! I was simply thinking out loud! But you're right! On second thought, I'll be better off to take care of Einherijar myself! I've got nothing left to lose. Deadlock will arrive soon. He'll most likely have the information about the changeling plans. I'm sorry for causing you so much trouble and pain. But it's been a honor knowing you all! *slightly bows then disappears with a red flash*
Landslide: Summer, wait!!!
Slingshot: This is bad.
Wheat: *slams her hoof harshly against the table* Damn it! Another problem to add on our list!
Meadow: *nods* Swords are good.. And what does she mean she has nothing to lose?! Ehem, we still exist!!!
Wheat: We need to get her before she does anything stupid.
Longsword: At least we know where she's going. Meadow and Toy. You two stay here and watch Willow for us. We'll be back soon
Toy Sword: Wait, what? But we wanna go with you! We both know how to fight!
Willow: Yeah, and I'll spit on whoever messes with me.
Wheat: Perhaps there is another alliance we can make.. With the griffons, Zebrai, Yaks, Buffalos.. Perhaps they'd help?
Meadow: We all know the history of those species.. They hate us ponies. The last thing they'd ever do is even talk to us!
Longsword: We have to try. And neither me nor your mother want you three getting hurt. Understand?
(I deleted the last post because it sounded stupid to me. I'm an idiot. :/)
Thunderstorm: She thinks you hate her for what she did. So she thinks she's all alone..
NocturnalMirage commented…
you are most definitely not an idiot. :3 over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
^Agreed. :D over a year ago
Toy Sword: Well, Summer didn't want us getting hurt either, but I guess we can't always predict the future. Let us go!
Willow: I'll behave!
Longsword: I know you will be good, Willow, but I don't want you to get hurt. This isn't something like tripping and scraping your knee. This is more life threatening. But, perhaps you would like to spend time with aunt Steel
Landslide: Hmm... it appears the face of our enemy has changed. this is a massive cue, orchestrated by the alicorns!
Slingshot: They may stabilize the situation, but I've been the puppet of an alicorn's will once. NEVER AGAIN!
Landslide: Agreed. We have all fought together in the rebellion during the Great Unrest. We had enough of alicorn oppression! I say we fight with everything we've got! It's either the changelings or the alicorns who will kill us. But we will go down with honor, defending the ideals of truth, justice and freedom! An honorable death on the battlefield is still better than a lifelong slavery and oppression. However, I cannot make this decision all alone! What say the rest of you?
Willow: *frowns* No fair! I want to come! And Steel Sword will protect me! Case is closed! Fillies always win!
Wheat: We have no choice, Landslide.. *stands up and sighs* It's hard to believe it, but ever since the Great Unrest, we've had to fight for our lives.. We're not going to make it.. The Equestrian Population has dropped severely, you know that.. We have less ponies than we did during the last war. We won by this close. *closes her hooves, but leaves a small gap* Hah, it wasn't even our population that saved us. It was the gypsies. And yet, here we are, alone with no help trying to fight an army that is ten times the size of ours.. *sighs* ..But I remain loyal to my friends and my country.. I shall fight until the end..
Meadow: So will I.
Toy Sword: Count me in.
Tanis: Yeah! Action time! Me too!
Vectra: Me three!
Meriva: Actually, it's me five for you, Vectra.. But me six!
Longsword: Wheat, please help me explain this to Willow
Landslide: Then it is decided. Although I would hesitate to put the children to harm's way. I could spare a few of the remaining airships and transport a couple of families out of the country... and off the continent. there are some small islands in the South... perhaps our race could survive there.
Slingshot: So we should run like cowards?!
Catapult: I'm not leaving without my wife, that's for sure!
Wheat: No, Equestria was ours in the first place! We will fight for it! And Catapult, you will get your wife back! And I will make Ragnar put some sense into Summer even if he doesn't want to! *looks down at her daughter* Willow..
Willow: *lowers her ears and frowns*
Wheat: You're coming with us.
Toy Sword: What?!
Wheat: We will not waste airships that we need. The more the better! We all can survive here! Together!
Longsword: (Damn it, Wheat. Sometimes you just push my buttons) Alright, if you say so, Wheat. Looks like you'll be coming with us after all, Willow
Summer. *walks through the kitchen door* Count me in as well. I sensed the negative vibrations of energy here, so I decided to come back. My mission would have no purpose after all in light of the new circumstances.
Wheat: *notices the disturbed expression on Longsword's face, then kisses his cheek* She'll me fine, my love. ..Someday she'll have to go through times like this..
Willow: I didn't understand a word you said, but yeah!
Wheat: *turns her head to Summer, then sighs of relief* Glad you came back.. *grabs her hoof* Don't do stupid decisions like that again, okay? *suddenly hears the voice and turns her head to the mysterious figure* What the hell are you talking about?! You're king will die! The only ruler here is Summer Pride! Oh, and her brother! So I suggest you to leave before you're last breath!
Summer: *checks the griffon's pulse* He's dead.
Catapult: What were his last words? I didn't understand.
Slingshot: Neither have I. But it smells like a trap.
Landslide: We need to know more about what's going on up there in the North. If we help out the griffon king, we could reunite the country in return.
Wheat: I doubt they'd listen.. But if that is what you think what is best, then so be it.. Let's get moving.

As the twins and other warriors continue to guard the outside of the invisible forcefield, Tsura unexpectedly begins to cough violently like her mother as she tries to catch her breath. Ragnar had to drop his weapon and help his sister up to breathe better. Tsura moves her mane out of the way as she heavily breathes for air.

Ragnar: Are you sick?
Tsura: W-What? No! I'm immune to those factories, Catapult worked in one!
Ragnar: *tilts his head at her sister* Then someone passed on the disease to you.
Tsura: I'm fine! It's just the damn smoke..
Blunderbuss: (As he was waiting for the attack, he decided to make plans to attack the gypsies on his own, teleporting to their location as best as he can)
Ragnar: *perks his furry ears* Someone's coming.. Act normal.. Whoever it is, changeling or not, they cannot defeat this spell.. They'll expect there's only eight of us..

Ragnar sits on the sand, along with her sister and others as they all begin "constructing" a fireplace for the night.. They all look like innocent, poor gypsies trying to make a living through the disaster..
Blunderbuss: (Before anyone could react, the other six gypsies fell to the ground, badly wounded, leaving Tsura and Ragnar standing. Suddenly, Blunderbuss appeared before them) I see you are separated from the rest of the ponies. I wonder what could have happened
Ragnar: *stares at Blunderbuss with an apathetic expression as he continues to make fire with wood* Was it that obvious? *laughs* Lies.. That's why we left. Came here, and guess what? Our own tribe left us as well.. They're probably on their way back to the islands without us.
Tsura: *smirks mischievously at Blunderbuss* You're the one who let Meadow escape, no?
FabulousChicken commented…
#Burn. xD over a year ago
Blunderbuss: Escape? No, I merely let her go. No use having a sniveling child around when I could watch you ponies die together. That is all that matters (Finds it hard to speak about Meadow in that way, but manages to do it)
Tsura: *giggles creepily like she used to* For a villain, you suck at your job. It's a shame, though. Meadow was really hoping you'd come back with her.
Blunderbuss: Figures she would say that. She must be dim if she believes I would come to the side of some filthy race
Ragnar: *shrugs* It just really disappointed her, you know? You could see it in her lonely eyes. *is finally able to create fire with a spark* Well? What are you doing here? Watch us die? Join the party.. We're starving to death anyways.. These eight gypsies are the only ones remaining here in Equestria.. We're all dehydrated and many of us have diseases..
Tsura: *the mare suddenly coughs violently once again, then sniffs with difficulty*
Ragnar: *places his hooves near the fire* There's no point in killing us either way.. We don't want to stop the bomb from happening. Once it goes off, we all die. I want to die by the bomb, if you'd allow me to live that long that is..
Blunderbuss: Don't worry. I have no intentions on killing anyone here tonight.... Tomorrow, however, may be different (Grins) No, I just want to cause all the anarchy I can before the bomb goes off. Once it does go off, there won't be much to do, no will there. Perhaps some mischief can be caused here, if I look hard enough
Ragnar: Perhaps. Well, why don't you spend the last days with the mare you let escaped? You seem to enjoy her for some reason if such a mighty pony like you allowed her to escape. If you want to join our small, sick group then fine.. Go ahead.. *coughs as he weakly looks back up at Blunderbuss* I'll see you in hell.