Huddy (H)ouse & Cuddy: Paradise Lost. Summer (H)iatus Thread

HuddyJoy0524 posted on May 28, 2011 at 04:16PM
Hello my Huddy girls! I thought maybe a new thread would be great for us over the hiatus. While we are waiting for season 8 we need to stick together, and remember that as long as we keep it alive Huddy will always stay alive!

Commence the discussing below!
Hello my Huddy girls! I thought maybe a new thread would be great for us over the hiatus. While we ar

Huddy 865 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 865

over a year ago huddycat69 said…
@BH ".let’s see, drastic measures...Hugh Laurie leaves (H)ouse to join or guest star on "The Good WIfe," his new character making mad passionate love to LE's new character, though we all know (secretly) it's still Huddy! (Damn you D.S. for making this so complicated)."
we can suggest it to "The Good Wife" writers, it could be great

@Huddycal "THis man drives me insane! " I guess you're not the only one, I'm sure we can make a club, maybe called "The insane fans of Hugh"
I'm making a Huddy vid with this song, I think it could be a good song for Huddy getting back together :)

@fran I love this song too, here's a Huddy vid with it, hope you enjoy ;)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
surprise
Very long post(s) ahead.

I need to share this book I read yesterday. I say need to instead of want because some things touch you so deeply that you need to share, and coincidently the book quotes Maya Angelou at the beginning of one of its chapters--"There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you." I feel that this book had so many of the universal emotions that we discuss of here that the series and character of House has brought up: the pain of an emotionally distant father, the search for meaning, the struggle of the addict, and the struggle to change, the fear of rejection and avoidance of pain.
Fran, told us what a wonderful person her father was, and fortunately I can say that I've never doubted my father's love as well. I read this amazing memoir of a man's childhood with a brilliant, charismatic yet alcoholic and narcissistic father. While scanning the titles of books yesterday I came across this unusual title. Jesus, My Father, the CIA, And Me--A memoir... of sorts. Author Ian Morgan Cron. What a strange title, and what a strange mixture of things to put together. I was intrigued and immediately drawn in by scanning the first chapter and reading this line: "This is a record of my life as I remember it, but more importantly as I felt it."
The author establishes his early, idyllic life, parents who attended parties with Hollywood stars such as William Holden, Mel Brooks, Carl Reiner, Donna Reed and reveals that as a child he had no knowledge of his father's "other" line of work for the CIA. He paints a picture of a father who on his deathbed still can not apologize only offering up the words "nothings perfect" as all the comfort he can give after a lifetime of pain inflicted on his family from alcohol abuse. His father could "slice you into ribbons with his vocabulary or make you laugh so hard you had to leave the room." The author notes that the story of the Odyssey begins with a son searching for his father. Referencing the book cover picture of himself in a rowboat as a boy he shares, "Twenty three years after his death I am still that boy scanning the horizon for him...I am embarrassed to admit that the question I call across the waves never changes. 'Did you love me?'
Ian describes his childhood as shaped like a J. After his father began drinking they moved from England to America, and changed houses four times in Greenwich Connecticut. There were years of highs where they were prosperous, and then they would fall to the trough of the J as his father fell apart only to slowly stabilize somewhere in the middle when his father managed to control his drinking for a few months. He tells of the wonder and closeness he felt with God as a young boy and then his feeling of alienation and abandonment as a teenager. These feelings allowed him to begin his own experimentation with drinking and drugs. "For a few hours I was relieved of the unrelenting self-consciousness that dogged me. For once I wasn't a problem that needed to be fixed. I was Adam strolling in the Garden of Eden. After coming back down to Earth I would vaguely remember feeling that way before, but I couldn't remember when, and it seemed so long ago."

post (book review) continued
With the love and support of his best friend who warned him he was "his father when he drank." and who also influenced him to grow spiritually and reclaim the closeness and relationship he had with God as a child, Ian was able to change, yet as we have seen, deep hurts can rise to the surface rocking the calm. He says "I was fighting genetics and tempermant. There are two types of people in this world, those who have dimmers, and those who have on off switches. They are all the way on or all the way off, there is no in-between. " In college and his early twenties he still struggled with excess drinking. When his father dies he relates "I had expected to feel grief, at least for what our relationship wasn't. I hadn't expected to feel nothing at all." After marrying, and settling in as a youth minister he expected to experience more happiness than he had ever had.
Instead he begins waking up at night with his heart "shaking and pounding my rib cage like a prisoner demanding to see warden now...once my fear of dying passed I realized the only other time my body felt like this was when I was furious..." Episodes of panic and sorrow began to happen during the day along with the horror during the night until a vivid dream caused him to admit he needed help. "I dreamed Anne and I had just gotten engaged and we'd invited friends over to celebrate....a noise threatened to take out our foundation....'What's in your basement, Jim asked'?
"Basement, I don't have a basement." Moments later the din of smashing glass and aluminum garbage cans shook the house until cracks appeared in the plaster walls.
"Ian can't you hear that? It's got to be something in your basement."
"I'm telling you I don't have a basement."
"If you don't have a basement then where does that go?"
"All right, I have a basement, Is that a crime? Now everyone sit down and eat."
Anne went to the basement door and laid her hand on it as if she were about to pray for God's healing. "Ian lets go downstairs," she said.
I clenched my fists. "I'm not going down there!"
In the dreams final scene something was smashing against the basement door and it wouldn't be long before its hinges blew off. Whatever was down there wanted to kill me. And I was on my on----my guests had left."

wink
final book post I promise!! ;)

I I will attempt to summarize to shorten the rest of my post. Ian goes to see a therapist and realizes as a child every distressing emotion was pushed down in an effort to survive living with an alcoholic father. Eventually these emotions came bursting to the surface breaking through his numbness faster than he could push them down. When he first went to see his therapist he asked "what is happening to me?" and after searching for an answer the therapist smiles and says "You're waking up." Ian quits alcohol, continues therapy and concludes the book with his knowledge that he can be a loving father, and husband, even a priest that has found peace and learned to forgive his parents.
I was struck by all the parallels in this book. The substance abuse, the loving friend, and woman. The emotional numbness and cataclysmic sudden emotional awakening. The emotionally distant father and the scars it left for a lifetime. Moreover how I loved and identified with the author and a fictional character because of their pain. How I longed for them both to find peace. Perhaps the words of the author explain it best. "I confessed this nutty practice (trying to win other's love and approval in an effort to fill the hole left by his father) to my spiritual director. He smiled...and said, "I never trust a man without a limp".
cool
Sorry for hogging the forum, and now back to our regularly scheduled programming... @bluehue--I knew about your art restoration but didn't know how many different types of things you restore, and I also didn't know your husband was an artist. I am as always impressed, and I would gladly take all of the items on the mantle. I am so impressed with all the art, and television jobs, I believe that Huddyjoy is going to become a lawyer, etc. Speaking of pottery, I bought two necklaces this week. They are chinese pottery shards from the Qing dynasty...pretty cool. I love that they are old, and no one else has exactly the same necklace as me. Speaking of keith urban he is so cute that one would be tempted as nicole kidman was to marry him even with all his troubled artist/rehab stays. I like the song that begins ..with the moon shining bright as headlights on the interstate. @fran--I love your posts, especially the description of your father :) and as always your cartoons. @tammy--you would love this book. Some of the best writing I've read in years. I was literally true that I "laughed, I cried." and sometimes I got chillbumps.
over a year ago HousesCane said…
smile
Listening to Layla by Eric Clapton and Mark Knopfler for the 50th time today. And I realized the lyrics are pretty Huddy-related. It's a great song. You guys should Youtube it.
over a year ago HuddyAlways said…
@mysuspicionis: This book should be very good, you put the snippets that I liked a lot.
I see some characteristic of the author with the House, the DS should read some books just for him to see that people can change and overcome the difficult moments in life, and make our beloved character can change and have a different ending than most we expect, like junkie, alone and unhappy.
Just if DS wants, because the House will only change if he wants
over a year ago huddycallianfan said…
blush
hey, guys! I will answer your posts lately. really.
here is my new video. :D hope you'll like it. *blush*
over a year ago fran2 said…
@hulihook “It's just sad to see defamatory comments in a public arena about HL when we're all supposed to be on the same team as House fans.”
I couldn’t agree more. We do not need virtual wars, real ones are enough.

@huddycall – thanks for the yeti video and the 17 inches pic XDD

@bh “I'll bring a shovel to help bury the haters.”
I see that you are so motivated ;-))
Let’s go to kill zombies! ;-))))

@huddycat – thank you so much for the wonderful Tonight I Wanna Cry video and for your own Huddy video! You are talented dear. The hands, I’m really going to miss them so much :-((((

@mysusp – I liked a lot your book’s recap, you have been able to move me, it looks wonderful.
The quotes “There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside of you” and "This is a record of my life as I remember it, but more importantly as I felt it", they are so true about House and about everyone too. There is no way out, if you do not have to reckon with the past you can’t live the present and plan the future.
"I never trust a man without a limp". The soul’s limp, so House indeed. Thanks :-)))))
I fear that I (we?) can never be separated from House, I still see him in every little daily reference. A blessing or a curse? Time will tell.

Mr. laurie as a Guest Star on “the good wife” ?????????????? YEEEESSSSSS. Although I fear that his presence would eclipse all others. The males of that series...well..how can I say it in a delicate way? I’m not a woman with large claims but they don’t burn my ladyparts at all!!!!!!!!!!!! XDDDDDD
@hulihook “It's just sad to see defamatory comments in a public arena about HL when we're all suppo
@mysusp your book's recap is great, I'd like to read it, I just need to find it.

@Housescane Layla is a good song :)

@fran thank you sweety :)
"Mr. laurie as a Guest Star on “the good wife” ?????????????? YEEEESSSSSS. Although I fear that his presence would eclipse all others. The males of that series..." I agree with you, but I think the show would then see its audience exploding :))

for you and all of us who loves these hands...
@mysusp your book's recap is great, I'd like to read it, I just need to find it.

@Housescane Layla i
over a year ago LaurieLover said…
tongue
OMGoodness @Bea just seen your post. I agree this man should come with and Age Restriction & Health Warning.

I AM FINISHED !!!
blush
@BH, LOL. you misunderstood! I didn't have some pervy thoughts. XD It was said on a lovely note. XD I swear!!!

@huddycat, I love this pic.

@fran, always at your service. XD (I hope it says that way. O.o)

@mysus, this book seems very interesting. I love this
"This is a record of my life as I remember it, but more importantly as I felt it"
and, really, the feelings matter much more than the reminiscences. I am not sure if we have that book in Russian here. I would love to read it though.
mischievous
I am hopeless I was re-watching Now What.
and this is what I noticed.
Probably there was more than one take. ;)))) sinners!!!
I am hopeless I was re-watching Now What.
and this is what I noticed.
Probably there was more than on
big smile
I love House/Cuddy/hands

so this is also what I noticed.
I love House/Cuddy/hands

so this is also what I noticed.
mischievous
I also counted how many minutes there were Huddy scenes in Now What! XD
Am I crazy? Yes, I am.

so: 21 minutes 33 seconds. :DDD LOL
heart
btw, I loved this video. so much
The song is so beautiful!
huddycallian the video you made (wait for you) was beautiful but so hard to get through sniff sniff--------Rachel laying her head on House's chest just about made me lose it------------- I noticed the hands picture but not the hand on House's table cool. i wasn't sure what you were showing with the house and cuddy pictures? 1,2,3? Housecane--I have a Clapton cd :) huddycat beautiful, touching art.
over a year ago RealSarcastic said…
Lol, @LL's comment reminded me of this video.
laugh
edit: huddycat, the hands-pic is yours! sorry :-)))

@real sarcastic - great video :-)))

@huddycall – what a wonderful hands-pic!! I see that lately you are using a lot of energy!!! ;-)))))
Nice girl, a suggestion to fight withdrawal symptoms XDDD....
Learning Italian – 40 lessons
wink
I read that Men of a Certain Age closed, so perhaps Andre Braugher as dr Nolan could be back to help our House? please...
Season 8 will be difficult, Cupid is depressed right now ;-)
I read that Men of a Certain Age closed, so perhaps Andre Braugher as dr Nolan could be back to help
@mysusp thanks :))

@huddycall very nice vid, very sad but... so Huddy!
and you're a very good observer, I never noticed this hands'pics in House's apartment

@fran yeah, maybe Dr. Nolan can help House to go through this, but what about the justice? Did you read the article about the charges against House? As you said, season 8 will be very difficult and hard... I don't know if I'll be able to see House going more deeper in the misery and in a so dark world...
over a year ago tammyr50 said…
@Fran2 and @huddycat - Geez I know how Cupid feels but House has never been for the "faint of heart". I feel House will flash forward past his jail term. I just don't want to watch a whole season of emotional pummeling or a drug addicted House. I want some growth in House. We need to point Cupid's arrow at David Shore's heart.

I wonder what shape the leg will be in if he has served a prison term. Felony charges would definitely strip him of his license. A plea of insanity because of the vicodin would do the same. The writers have painted House into a bit of a corner. I just hope they don't destroy this character.

I really hope they redeem his character enough that they will leave House open for options to do a movie.

From the very beginning there has always been something between House and Cuddy

Edit: I can remember looking so forward to the opener last year. If anyone can dig out of the mess the writers have made of his character Hugh will be the man to do it. He always found a way to make House a lovable character even in all his misanthropic antics. I have the faith that he will be able to do that again.
To the writers it is time to let the "phoenix rise from the ashes."
blush
@mysus, aww thank you!
and with 1,2,3 pic I wanted to say that those scene are coming one after another.
the same scene, but look at their hands positioning. In this scene they are different. 1st differs from 2nd and the 2nd from 3rd. THOUGH it is one scene "we can go bowling... we can stay here." scene. ugh I am so bad at explaining smth. :(
ok if I didn't explain it well, then never mind. :(

@fran, OMG. O_O thanks for this video!

@tammy, "We need to point Cupid's arrow at David Shore's heart."

I hope Cupid is a very good shooter. Because it will be hard to find his tiny tiny heart.

and yes, I want the movie as well!
and remember when that promo came out first. I couldn't watch when everybody already did. I had some watching videos issues then. and I was freaking out to see it. I first saw the screencaps and then the whole promo. I was dead.

@fran, BTW, she is pretty! haha Italians are pretty. I saw so many of you on TV. and Monica Bellucci is one of the best examples. I love her.
big smile
Grazie, fran! Amo aiuole e Casa! XD (I know it's not our House.XD LOL)

though the open and closed sounds are confuse me sometimes. *blush* e.g. Pèsca and Pésca *blush*
but I think I will go through it.

and beware now! I am going to write thank you in Russian! XD

СПАСИБО! (it reads Spasibo!)
@tam you're right, Hugh will certainly be able to make House a lovable character, I just hope the writers won't show us only his misery, his time in jail - well maybe for one ep it can be interesting, but... I prefer to see him in a hospital with his team - I hope they'll find a good way to make him out this dark and hopeless situation in which they put him at the end of the season. I want to see him grow and change in a good way, just like in your fic ;)
Hello :-)))

@huddycat “what about the justice? Did you read the article about the charges against House?”
No I didn’t. I don’t know, the ending was a mess but I firmly believe that HL has the ability, genius and recklessness to straighten the boat. He loves House so much that I do not think that he will leave the character easily demolished by the writers. I have a BIG faith in HL and, well, I’m also delusional ;-))

@huddycall – “СПАСИБО!” You are welcome :-)))
Girl you learn faster! :-))) The teacher in the video is amazing.
A little help, the difference is only about the pronunciation:
Pèsca (open) = peach
Pésca (closed) = fishing
Ramblings: About Monica Bellucci..hmmm...I think that she is a beautiful woman but not such a good actress XDDDD
Currently there are definitely more talented Italian actresses (Giovanna Mezzogiorno, Laura Morante and the wonderful Isabella Ragonese..). OT closed XDD

@tammy -We do have the same blind faith in HL, don’t we? :-)
Watching the video you posted I felt tears in my eyes :-((
Huddysickness. I know, I’m insane.
“I really hope they redeem his character enough that they will leave House open for options to do a movie.”
Every time you write this thought I feel the butterflies in my stomach. It would be so great if it were true, I need to believe.
*hoping butterflies will not cause me a gastric ulcer* XDDD
Hello :-)))

@huddycat “what about the justice? Did you read the article about the charges against
kiss
no, I mean I got it (open and closed sounds) for now, but I have to learn all of these just to know them and, in the future, to hear them better.
anyway, СПАСИБО! again. XD
laugh
and that butterfly pic is hilarious! XD
@Fan2 - I would gladly soothe his wounded soul
@Fan2 - I would gladly soothe his wounded soul
This pics are courtesy House Daily Dose and mj1985.
This pics are courtesy House Daily Dose and mj1985.
He is looking the part for House. David Shore please be kind to our beautiful man
He is looking the part for House. David Shore please be kind to our beautiful man
heart
he is hot as hell
ans sexy as he is

and I am dead...........................
*no pulse* ------------------------------------------­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­---­--
over a year ago maggiemay23 said…
heart
I´m dead!
I´m dead!
kiss
Holy Hugh! He looks great!
mischievous
Oh My God! This man is so freaking hot and sexy! can someone hit me to be sure I'm not dreaming? Why am I never at the airport or at the train station when this jgizrgfigi man arrives somewhere? Need some oxygen, help me! Is there a doctor here?
heart
@maggiemay - I love your squirrel :-)))

@tammy - Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!
I don’t know if I had a great insight when I thought I'd come here before going to sleep. but now .... I don’t know if I can sleep! Where were taken these pics? London? Los Angeles? New York???? I have to turn on my satellite navigation to reach him! dear.... where is he going alone????????? He absolutely needs a bunch of aggressive bodyguards.

OH....MY...GOOOOOD....... O_O O_O O_O
I love his long and scruffy hairs O_O the tan that brings out those beautiful blue eyes O_O the casual outfits style O_O Now I’m sure, he’s trying to kill me softly O_O Will it be the new House’s look from the tropical island? O_O Please, say yes O_O I’m strongly waiting for season 8, it would be worthwhile just for this hot-sexy-erotic-exciting-carnal-provocativ­e MAN O_O
Could I kidnap him only for a night? just to get a little taste, preserving the memory forever XDDD
Take note: I would do it for free ;-)
Lisaaaaaaaa! you really know what you're missing?? Come baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am willing to promote a collection, passing the hat XDDDDDD

No kidding, he’s never been so appetizing *wearing a towel and grabbing knife and fork*
Now I must go, duty calls me ... I have to set the table! Hahahahahahah
@maggiemay - I love your squirrel :-)))

@tammy - Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don
wink
advice for the night: instead of "Spanish" just think "British"...and that's it ;-))

Blue Spanish eyes
teardrops are falling from your Spanish eyes
Please please don't cry,
this is just adios and not good-bye.
Soon I'll return,
bringing you all the love your heart can hold
Please say "Si Si"
say you and your Spanish eyes will wait for me

Blue Spanish Eyes,
prettiest eyes in all of Mexico
True Spanish Eyes,
please smile for me once more before I go
Soon I will return,
bringing you all the love your heart can hold
Please say "Si Si"
say you and your Spanish eyes will wait for me
...Say you and your Spanish eyes will wait for me
@Fran2 - He was landing in LA. I think it is a prelude to what our sweet sweet man will be looking like in season 8. I wish it was the island look but my fear is it is the fresh out of prison look
blush
Hugh. You look so Tall! Do you know know how those of us not blessed to be petite love guys over 6 feet????
@mysuspicionis - Isn't that the truth? You can't wear heels because you're already taller than most guys. With Hugh I could wear my heels and a lot of other things.

It is absolutely impossible to go to sleep thinking about this man.
@mysuspicionis - Isn't that the truth? You can't wear heels because you're already taller than most g
All the really cute shoes have tall heels :(. Not to mention how short skirts have gotten now
over a year ago LoveBonesGlee said…
smile
Helloooooooooooooooooo :D

i'm so boring xD
over a year ago LoveBonesGlee said…
heart
Yesterday my friend say :'' This two should get together NOW ''
in reference to House and Cuddy ♥

heart
@fran, "Lisaaaaaaaa! you really know what you're missing?? Come baaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

that is right!!! I mean, I would throw away all prejudices and everything I had for some shitty producers or fox, just to be with this man! I was drooling over his pics yesterday. My god

and this song is (if the Spanish is replaced by British) fits perfect. :D
and we need to replace Mexico with the Universe!!!

@tammy, "It is absolutely impossible to go to sleep thinking about this man."

I couldn't sleep yesterday night, BTW! I was tossing and turning for like almost an hour!

"You can't wear heels because you're already taller than most guys."

that is (his height) another thing that turns me on! He is so tall absolutely sexy.

Oh my God, I always wonder if he knows that 18(soon 19) year old girl is dreaming of him?!?!?!?!?!?!? to have him once!!?!??!?!?!?!!
does he?!??!?! ok he better not to! But I bet he suspects! XD
anyway, he is a dream man! and I can't help it!!!

@mysus, you are tall as well, aren't you?
over a year ago bluehue said…
heart
Hi forum faithfuls..or is this "the good ship (red) lollipop?"..@hudjoy's new Shirley Temple icon pic.

I've been away, so just jumping in head first here..

Fun pics of a..seems thinner HL.carrying smallish guitar in a cardboard case, one step up from a burlap bag & rope handle, my goodness..that is a humble blues man. I wonder if he entertained those on the plane ride with a song or two. OMG..I read that Matt Smith/TIme Lord (my icon) was on the same plane..what a laugh riot..those two "Doctors" together..my favorite 2 Brits on the teevee!!! If only some of you spoke "Whovian," you would definately say..the plane was like the "tardis," and Doctor Who's big chance to travel thru a time hole & fix our ailing House, oh the stuff of a butterfly's dream.
(P.S. TARDIS stands for "time & relative dimension in space").

Edit: Apologies for going on here, but I was just thinking it interesting that besides both being Brits, Matt Smith & Hugh Laurie were former stand out athletes who suffered injuries..a soccer player & a boat rower, both sing beautifully, and became actors..playing unlikely doctors. Ok..do I need to "ship" these two? (kidding).

I'll catch up reading posts now..and jump in again soon.
laugh
@bh - I started watching Doctor Who, season one, and I like it! thanks for the suggestion :-))

@tammy – If THAT is the fresh out of prison look, well...we absolutely must put all the males in prison, even for a short period XDD

Quick math:
1 foot = 30.48 cm
HL is 190 cm = 6.23 feet
I am 173 cm = 5.67 feet
Result: we are made for each other!!!!!!!!!!! ;-)
@bh - I started watching Doctor Who, season one, and I like it! thanks for the suggestion :-))

@tamm
smile
@bluehue - What about my favorite Doctor #10, David Tennant?
big smile
@fran, "we absolutely must put all the males in prison, even for a short period"
ahaha then all the men of the world will look sexy and we won't be able to choose which one we want more. XD
I prefer Hugh be the one. ;DD
and LOL. I am 178 cm! B-) perfect fit, I'd say! B-)

@BH, I read they were on the same plane as well. Someone tweeted it. XD I was sitting there with my mouth open and VERY jealous! XD (but jealous because of Hugh, 'cause I haven't started watching "DW" yet...)

P.S.: @fran, you are killing me with that pics! XD I actually do sometimes that face! XDDD
over a year ago maggiemay23 said…
@Fran The Squirrel was Hugh´s fault.The Emmy interview last year, you know.The song is perfect. Btw i´m 176 cm.

@Tammy I wish it was the island look but my fear is it is the fresh out of prison look. I also fear.So come it will.
@huddycallianfan You have won(178 cm).
over a year ago Jessicatt said…
Hi, Huddy girls! =D I'm back early from my trip. I got sick, and decided to come back. I wish my trip hadn't been cut short, but I saw nearly everyone that I wanted to see from back home, so that's good. Better luck next time. =)

@hcf-You are so lucky! Tall is lovely, IMO.

I'm 167cm (5' 6"). That's still above average height for women here, but just barely. I wish that I was taller. =( I've always been attracted to men 1.8m (6'0) or taller, which is funny considering that my boyfriend is the same height as me LOL.

@fran- Love the picture! LOL, my cat makes that face sometimes.