Huddy (H)ouse & Cuddy: Paradise Lost. Summer (H)iatus Thread

HuddyJoy0524 posted on May 28, 2011 at 04:16PM
Hello my Huddy girls! I thought maybe a new thread would be great for us over the hiatus. While we are waiting for season 8 we need to stick together, and remember that as long as we keep it alive Huddy will always stay alive!

Commence the discussing below!
Hello my Huddy girls! I thought maybe a new thread would be great for us over the hiatus. While we ar

Huddy 865 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 51-100 of 865

over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
wink
There are at least two reasons to watch Season 8 and both are a stunning shade of blue... ;)
over a year ago HuddyJoy0524 said…
mischievous
@mysus so true you are....what a great way to put it!

Gosh i could bask in HL's eyes for all eternity...
over a year ago huddycallianfan said…
big smile
Hell, this video is just amazing!!!! :DDD
over a year ago dora201077 said…
Here is how I feel about Hugh Laurie: he is my sweet escape from cruel reality. I need him in my life for that reason. His eyes just heal me over and over again.
crying
ok---time to be a silly sentimental fangirl. Loved this song when I was little, and it seems appropriate (don't judge me on my cheesiness ;)
over a year ago fran2 said…
@tammy – I love your poems

@evropia “I promised myself i would stay away from House but...i just can't”
I know :-(((((((

@hughlisafan “....I love Hugh Laurie”
Be not afraid, you're not alone ;-)))

@huddycall – I love that Adele’s song too and the House video is really amazing! Thanks :-)

@schonste – Starlight is beautiful :-))

@Layla_Rib – Dear, I don’t trust DS and if you would be able to do the same....you’ll feel better :-))

@mysusp “There are at least two reasons to watch Season 8 and both are a stunning shade of blue... “
You are evil ;-) And I’m a fan of your “silly sentimental fangirl” side XDD

@dora “Hugh Laurie: he is my sweet escape from cruel reality. I need him in my life for that reason.”
I need him in my life for...oh God...too many reasons! I’ve no time to list all of them XDDDD

@evropia “So it's been almost ten days since the finale and still i can't stop grieving.”
You reminded me of an old Italian song, Five Days. I post the video because the music is wonderful and I try to translate the lyrics for you because the meaning is so much House season 7 finale.

Five days have passed since I lost you
how much cold in this life, but you did not look for me anymore.
Too many people asking me about you,
they dig into the wound
and in me you will not ever cicatrize.
I hurt even a friend who is here every night
I swore to him to listen to him but I betray him and me,
because when you're hurt you never know if you should heal or sink down forever.

My love, how will I resign myself to live?
And I own, immensely loving you, I'm begging: help me to destroy you.

Five days that I missed you.
Thousand tears fall and I'm still stuck on you.
Everything and more trying to run away.
I tried to despise you, to betray you, to hurt myself.
Because when you're drowning you never know if it should be better to be strong
or let yourself go down in the sea.

If one day I'll be back in your mind,
tell me who will forgive you,
because of you forgot about me yesterday
when it would be enough to hug each other more,
talking a little ....

My love, how will I resign myself to live?
And I own, immensely loving you, I'm begging: help me to destroy you.

over a year ago Layla_Rib said…
kiss

@fran,thanks for your kindness and...continue in animating us with your criativity.A big hug!!
@mysus "Watching the scene where mufasa dies on reruns" HA. So true. Well, at least, DS anyways. I still think KJ has a heart, she WANTED Huddy together if im remembering correctly.

Thanks @fran for more of those pictures! you always make me laugh :) and thanks for all the other hugh photos everyone they're awesome!

@dora so poetic! i totally agree with you! what a great way to put it.

we really do need to find something to do to amuse us this summer....lol
over a year ago Jessicatt said…
LOL@mysuspicionis-Yeah, DS probably watched Mufasa's death scene with a big smile on his face the whole time. And you're right, I have been reading dissatisfied comments from many House fans. It wasn't just us Huddies that were disappointed with the finale, it seems like most people hated it. At least DS and the writers were successful at one thing: uniting all House fans. Too bad we are united not by joy, but by a sense of disgust and utter disbelief at how such a marvelous show could go so far downhill.
over a year ago Jessicatt said…
heart
Ugh, just realized what a downer my latest post was, and I had to come back and try again. DS can say or do whatever the hell he wants, I will ALWAYS love my Huddy. He can take away their love for each other, but he can NEVER take away my love for them.
last edited over a year ago
Ugh, just realized what a downer my latest post was, and I had to come back and try again. DS can say
over a year ago schonste9 said…
A nice, calming pic for you ladies to help you endure the summer......
A nice, calming pic for you ladies to help you endure the summer......
This song unfortunately reminds me a lot of House and his relationship wi ht Cuddy, and the feelings involved:

Hello girls, thanks for mentioning me. And since there aren't too many Hugh related news lately, I am rewatching S7. Now that I am not so much emotionally involved I can observe it better and I noticed 2 things about Out of Chute: 1. When House was looking at the kids making noise in the bar, the slo mo scene, I swear one of the girls, the one holding a beer, looked like a younger Stacy and 2. There's something about the way he caresses the blond hooker, when talking on the phone with the team, something, IDK paternal...I mean the way he makes her room to reach for the lipstick.., the way he looks intrigued when she's touching him in a sensitive spot. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I don't fully understand that scene . I love it thou...The only explanation I can come up with is Hugh being a gentleman and playing that scene a little shy..any thoughs? Do I even make sense?
over a year ago HuddyBea said…
big smile
Hello there! :D

See @HJ! I made it :D I've missed you so much gals! How are you? Still shipping I see :D Good, never give up! We might be shattered but we'll never let it go, no matter what ;)

@Fran, just so you know I tweeted you Huddy Recup Ep by Ep song and posted it on my tumblr. It's awesome! Good lord I missed you ;D

So how are things around here? Mood? Suicidial thoughts? Have we conceived any plans to get back at Shore, Fox and GY yet? Why not?! Count me in :P I'll try to stick around more now that I'm done with my thesis, I missed this place and you all and the fun we used to have so much. God they completely ruined our show, didn't they?

Well, anyway what can I tell you? I've been writing my thesis, so this is why I've been lurcking more than posting (even if I have a Huli FF still going on which I won't ever give up on, eheh). Anyway, I've been busy as hell as you can imagine but in the meanwhile I have awesome news for you all....opened a website on Hugh ! :D No kidding ;) All the pics you want, up-to-date material and untagged! :D

It's pretty clear I'm always the same crazy person, isn't it XD
smile
Ops, forgot the link XD Ok well, layout is still a work in progress, but just so you can steal all the pics you want and since @dora was mentioning that there are not so much Hugh related news this days link he's doing a convo with a french radio station tomorrow morning. I can forward you the link if you wish :)

Oh and as GY would say....Kaboom link

Did you miss me? ;)
over a year ago huddycallianfan said…
smile
@mysus, very beautiful song indeed!

@Fran, beautiful lyrics!

@schonste, I ADORE this photo!!!
and this song is very beautiful. I heard it long time ago. And still love it.

And @Bea, good to see u here! Missed ur comments here. I missed u SO MUCH! ;D (though we talk almost every day on twitter.XD)

oh, and @Jessicatt, your pic is SO CUTE!!! I wanna hug this kitty. ^__^ mimi
Dear @huddybea, I tried to enter your site a couple of times but I couldn't make it further than it's homepage. I mean those Hugh pics are so mind blowing..those eyes make me forget what I'm looking for there. I'll keep trying thou. Congratulations.I hope it brings you joy.
crying
Totally does @Dora thanks :D

Guys you should watch this, it's like a drug, can't stop watching. And I died a couple of times in the middle of it, fuck it =,(
kiss
@bea – I missed you (and your videos ;-) )!!!!! Good luck with your thesis dear but do not abandon us again, too much sorrow at the same time is difficult to handle...
Your fansite is.....O_O....OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!
What’s tumblr??? You are a “Miss Tumblr-ine woman”? XDDDDD
So, I am becoming a celebrity and I do not know it????? when they’ll give me my well-deserved star on Walk of Fame I'm sure that Hugh will deliver a moving speech in my honor ;-)))) *goosebumps*

@jessicatt “He can take away their love for each other, but he can NEVER take away my love for them.”
This! Huddy is the most incredible couple we've ever known and they are always gonna be the most incredible couple we have ever known.

@dora – your thoughts absolutely make sense, very intriguing because I am still not convinced that all the stuff they showed us is “real”. Flashback? Flashforward? Hallucinations? Dreams? The season 7 never happened? *blessed denial*
I really need to calmly rewatch the episodes of this season ... just have to find the energy
@Layla and @all - Do you miss my cartoons recap??? Here we are... Party time!

To summarize. The season 7 told us a story about love, the shortest we have ever heard
@Layla and @all - Do you miss my cartoons recap??? Here we are... Party time!

To summarize. The seas
We only wanted a little love and what have we achieved?
We only wanted a little love and what have we achieved?
Now also Cinderella knows she can not expect anything good from the Prince
Now also Cinderella knows she can not expect anything good from the Prince
The truth? Snow White shaves every morning
The truth? Snow White shaves every morning
The Little Mermaid is drowned by spearfishing
The Little Mermaid is drowned by spearfishing
The Lion King looks too much like Robert Redford and DS thinks we could delude ourselves hoping for an happy ending like "Barefoot in the Park"
The Lion King looks too much like Robert Redford and DS thinks we could delude ourselves hoping for a
Even Peter Pan had a very bad end
Even Peter Pan had a very bad end
The Blue Fairy was an undercover cop
The Blue Fairy was an undercover cop
Dumbo is promiscuous and dissolute
Dumbo is promiscuous and dissolute
Bambi ... ok ... a name, a guarantee
Bambi ... ok ... a name, a guarantee
The frog will not turn into a prince, never
The frog will not turn into a prince, never
Raiponce? It’s complicated, too many skeins to untangle. We know that the writers prefer the simple plots
Raiponce? It’s complicated, too many skeins to untangle. We know that the writers prefer the simple
Alice IS in Wonderland because she is OVERDONE
Alice IS in Wonderland because she is OVERDONE
Lady and the Tramp is not working, due to a little misunderstanding
Lady and the Tramp is not working, due to a little misunderstanding
Sleeping Beauty became pregnant while she slept, losing all the fun
Sleeping Beauty became pregnant while she slept, losing all the fun
Beauty and the Beast... Come on deluded! You should know that no one can change. A beast remains a beast forever
Beauty and the Beast... Come on deluded! You should know that no one can change. A beast remains a be
Pocahontas. A Redskin and a yankee together???!!!!??? Are you kidding?????????
Pocahontas. A Redskin and a yankee together???!!!!??? Are you kidding?????????
Thanks DS, KJ, GY and writers all together. You're a real killjoy.
Thanks DS, KJ, GY and writers all together. You're a real killjoy.
But despite everything we are getting ready for season 8 because give up is for sissies ;-))
But despite everything we are getting ready for season 8 because give up is for sissies ;-))
kiss
@Fran2: You are definitely one of the most creative personalities I have ever come across in my lifetime... You are very special and unique.

@Bea: Awesome video and cool website you got going on there. Good job and very informative

This is one of the most amazing gif's I've ever seen - unfortunately it was in gif (as in *kiss*) mode but fanpop will not transfer it over that way.... Oh well....ahhh.... the memories....

@Fran2:  You are definitely one of the most creative personalities I have ever come across in my life
Morning ladies :)

Oh God @Fran yout cartoons LOL I had forgotten about them :)
I'm listening to Hugh here right now link they sort of ask him one question per hour XD and the French voice over is unnerving but we are trying to make the best out of it. There's some cutting and ediditing to do on this one for sure.

@shonste9 Thanks a lot :) I'll have a new layout in a couple of days I hope :) Have a friend who helped me out a lot with this thing. She basically suggested it to me actually. I have never had one, and I certainly didn't know a thing about websites or how to handle them, but once you learn it's quite simple. Just requires passion I guess and love for the celeb. And some obsessive tendence to order XD Anyway I've always loved sharing stuff and I hate tags so it's the Untagged pics Kingdom :P Keep checking cause I usually try to deliver HD caps from eps. I'm doing season 7 right now, but I was thinking of a Hugh delirious trip down Brokenland :P

Back to Huddy, which I have been carefully avoiding as a touchy subject, I've read lots of reviews around. Cause I must say that when I have finished watching the finale I was more like "WFT!! is this all ???Srsly?" I still can't understand what they have done and why they have been so meticulous in ripping off something that was working so well. All the reviews around, Ocasio's and TVTherapy's but also others around agree on the fact that till ep 25 the season still looked promising but each one of them pointed out sth interesting I think, which I have noticed myself: this season has no focus. It's like you can't tell what it's been about. House? Huddy? Pain? Family? Responsability? Love? Impossible standards? Makes no sense at all. Usually House seasons as a whole have a coherence. They can be enjoyed by large chunks but all in all they always have a focus: the main arc develops ep after ep untile the last one is supposed to collect all the loose ends, making sense of everything else. This season it didn't. The relationship with Rachel remained unsolved and senseless. Cuddy keeps acting the other way around: when she's supposed to be caring and forgiven, realistic and behave her own age, she dumps him.....when she's supposed to taking in on at him asking him what the hell he thinks he's doing in crashing her house with a car, she just stays speachless, watching him walk away. I mean....it's like this characters have no real psychology behind their actions anymore. And I think this is just sad.
The moment the screen fade out and my last mental picture of House was one of him walking on a beach with a weird smile on his lips, I realized he was no longer a person to me but just a chracter. And that stroke me and it was horrible to think of him like that. Like, you know, one of reasons I've always felt so invested in this show was that his characters, mainly House and Cuddy, felt so real you didn't see them as fictional; we could have traced the whole meaning of their psychological evolution and it would have made perfect sense. Of course some things are always meant to be a little out of line in order to deliver the drama but, all in all, House was no McDreamy or Dexter Morgan, but one of a kind. You felt for him cause his pain was real and his actions where logical even if you often wanted to throw your remote at him. Now, all I can see is a wonderful talented actor playing a character that basically lost everything we loved about him, since he's now some sort of homicidial psycho. And it doesn't matter whether he meant to kill someone or not, cause actions matter more than words if Shore has still some coherence left inside him.

IDK, I think my show died a long time ago. Probably with Bombshells and that last wonderful kiss. Whatever happened next is like a bad dream. All good things come to an end. But I would have never thought House to end like this. Despising a season finale like this had never happened to me. Let alone the Taub storyline which I can't stand anymore and too much POTW.

Well anyway, I think I'm bored you to death too much already. I had a collection of reviews around somewhere. A girl posted her on her whole. I can look it for you if you wish. All the key senteces are in bold, but I can assure you it's gonna give you stomach pain, so at your risk :P
@Bea welcome back! Glad to see you here. Unfortunately, i shall be starting my senior thesis in about a year (lord help me) but im assuming that house will be ending by then so it may not be as bog of a deal by then.

i think maybe that is why the season 7 finale is as bad as you said...it was like a wake up call/reality check for us. we all got into the mind sight of how real house is and how real huddy is forgetting that they actually are characters and not real people. when you start thinking fake characters are real and they aren't...its kind of devastating. we realized how much we invested and trusted in this show and now that its disappointing us...it sucks!

im still holding out some hope that LE may come back next season and things may be fixed somewhat but i just dont know. all i do know is that at least we have each other and the wonderful memories of huddy past :)
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
@Bea glad to have you back here!

@fran amazing cartoons!

@Tam lobe your poem (on page 2 I think)

I agree with you @Bea and @HJ, season 7 has great begun, but then the characters have lost their "reality side" if I can say, and we all noticed that especially Cuddy, and House and Wilson in a second time, were OOC. I don't know if the writers have lost their talent to give life to these characters, but I find it sad. Until the finale, until LE's decision to leave, I had still hoped we 'd get some closure in the Huddy story-arc, but now... it seems very doubtful...
On the other hand, it can be a good thing : if LE doesn't leave, the writers have no real good idea to go on with Huddy as they told in an interview, so it would have been worse - if it's possible to handle this couple worse - for Huddy in season 8. At least, with LE's departure, we can imagine a happy ending for Huddy in our minds, in our hearts, the dream can't be broken if it has no end...
@Bea glad to have you back here!

@fran amazing cartoons! 

@Tam lobe your poem (on page 2 I think)
over a year ago evropia said…
It was like six perfect years of foreplay and when it happened it really sucked.For me the last good episode was 7x14.This would be a perfect ending in my heart.After 7x15 they kept the characters so far away from who they truly are and really damaged the show.My beloved Cuddy was so out of character this season that really hurts me.They wasted Lisa's talent so much...every time i was waiting for the next episode i was expecting her to be the Cuddy we all knew and loved.Unfortunatelly that never happened...and maybe that's why Lisa left..they destroyed her character and the Huddy dynamic.The writers said that they woundn't know where to go with Huddy in season 8...maybe because they started Huddy without thinking the after...the only thing they knew was to brake them down.I love House...and lovw Cuddy but i keep asking myself what's the point of the last three seasons...?He is back on Vicodin,married to a hooker and only the sight of her in season 8 knowing that Cudy will never be there again will make me bleed.I'll keep watching House but only because i love this character too much..and yes i am an addict.A few months ago i'll give everything for Huddy getting back together....now i am ok with her just being here.It's just sad and unfair.
@evropia and @huddycat i completely understand how you both feel. in a way, it's been like a betrayal. we grew with huddy and with both characters individually and the writers and DS decided early on that they weren't gonna give it their all, just a crappier version in the hopes of satisfying us. do they not realize that we aren't stupid? we aren't dogs and throwing us a bone is not gonna do the trick.

if they had given us a well thought out storyline with both of them in character and everything realistic as it should be, then we wouldn't be complaining. heck, if they had done it right and then broken them up i probably wouldn't be that upset. if after the break up they'd done it justice i wouldn't have been very angry either. i only get mad when it doesn't make any sort of sense.
@schonste – you are nice!! Thanks :-))

@bea – I missed your short comments ;-))
I don’t need stomach pain, have mercy XDDDD

@huddycat “we can imagine a happy ending for Huddy in our minds, in our hearts, the dream can't be broken if it has no end...”
Huddy will be a neverending story. Period.

@evropia “knowing that Cudy will never be there again will make me bleed”
At least we’ll suffer all together :-(

Girls, last night my son who is totally spoiler free and enjoyed this season *sigh*, especially the episodes after Bombshells *double sigh*, and likes to watch House - and all the other few series that he likes - one episode after another, without hiatus (he watches the whole series as soon as the season is complete), told me: “It was a great season....but that shit is the House’s finale? It seems Lost” O_o.....
I told him that there will be a season 8 and this news has raised his spirits. Why???? I do not know yet but when I’ll have a little time I guess I'll go into that with him.
My feeling: sometimes I envy the boys because they know how to give the due weight to mess stuff.

About me I think that I will never forgive the writers for not showing us how much can be pleasant, functional, romantic, enriching and meaningful an October/October relationship. Do you remember Act Your Age?

CUDDY: I don't get the whole May - December thing.
HOUSE: Give me a break, it's May - October at worst.
CUDDY: Well why can't it be October - October?
HOUSE: May is when things start to get hot.
CUDDY: If that guy wasn't trying so hard to keep up with a women half his age he wouldn't have almost killed both his kids.
HOUSE: Guy gets a little something-something, couple of kids have to die, circle of life.
CUDDY: So many people, so much energy and drama just trying to find someone who's almost never the right person anyway. It just shouldn't be so hard.
HOUSE: I got tickets to a play...

:-(((((((((((((((((((

October
And the trees are stripped bare
Of all they wear
What do I care
October
And kingdoms rise
And kingdoms fall
But you go on
@schonste – you are nice!! Thanks :-))

@bea – I missed your short comments ;-))
I don’t need s
over a year ago bluehue said…
sunny
(H)i forum-mates!

THANKS @HudJOY for starting up the Summer thread! !! PROPS !! We'll get through this.

I went off on a short vacation..then had young niece & nephew visiting for a week..phew!
Kids are so great..but exhausting. We played "pirates" at the playground for days..bloody scallywags! One night, a bat flew into my house..and we were all screaming & laughing under pillows & blankets as it was swooping over our heads for 20 minutes. Thank goodness, my husband came home and calmly, promptly caught the vampire creature with a pool net, then set it free. Men do come in handy for such things. I felt "helpless."

@mysusp, I like what you said..about having some fun riding a "real rollercoaster."
@tammy, LOVEly poem. SAVED! Now I just see you & @hudcat have new fanfics going strong..must check out. Awesome I'm sure.

Aah @fran, thanks for the toons & laughs! I'm glad your son has such optimism, an open mind & "lifted spirits" for (H)ouse season 8. Why not?!

Me..I'm currently totally enjoying (newest) 11th Doctor WHO adventures, loving these "unlikely science fiction..dark modern-day fairy tales." Finishing up Series 5 & 6..with the season finale this Saturday..looks like a real tear jerking cliffy! (My summer icon..is the Doctor/Time Lord, I think only HE could travel through time..space..and relative dimension..to alter & twirl Huddy into a happy sort of ending).

I'll be sure to catch up more..and more closely read over pages 1-4.
Happy to see @Bea posting! CONGRATS on completing your thesis...oh..& new Hugh blog..you have been super duper busy..juggling all your many passions.

Yes.what rages behind these eyes of blue..a lunatic..a killer..a lost soul?!
(H)i forum-mates! 

THANKS @HudJOY for starting up the Summer thread!  !! PROPS !!  We'll get throug
heart
Wow girls, I had a frustrating day and came on her to unwind and I find everyone on here posting wonderful things! Hi @ Bea :) I had a wonderful thought the other day---you know how we always say that one day House will wake up from season 1 and decide to amputate his leg? I think I would be happy with this, and him tossing Cuddy a flirty remark while checking out her butt as she walks out of his hospital room.... ;)
over a year ago bluehue said…
smile
I've read various versions of your interesting thought @mysusp, usually with the return of Stacy.
Sad to think House was free of pain..only in a coma, though out of a coma..he has inflicted quite a bit of pain. Also sad to think Cuddy has walked out of his hospital room & life for good..the flirty remarks & banter will be in "memory form" now..unless LE guest stars to fill in some blanks. Sigh.

It's all rather a confusing puzzle. House cannot escape the damage & debris he has left behind and become a beach bum.

Have a good day now!
over a year ago evropia said…
I had a dream today..House never crashed his car at Cuddy's home.He let the brush fall from his hand,went back to his car asked Wilson to get out with no other word and went home.He started packing because the only thing he wanted was to get away...and her to be happy,even without him.Wilson got closer to the window and saw what his best friend just did.He picked up the brush and unlike House he knocked the dour.He gave it back to Cuddy and he started shouting that she lied once again and he's gonna do something stupid and even more crazy than before.And even if she didn't need him in her life he did...because no matter how screwed up House is he is his family.Cuddy said nothing...tears fell from he eyes ans without even giving an explanation to her guests she left without even looking at the brush in Wilson's hand.She went to House's apartment and the door was once again open...like the last time.He was in his bedroom packing without even looking at the clothes he picked.When he saw her he froze for a moment and then he continued sillently without looking at her.She walked near him took his hand in hers and whispered him to stop.He asked her what she wanted there,that he returned all her things and tomorrow she didn't have to worry because he wasn't planning on returning at the hospital.She looked at him in the eyes and simply said i love you..and you will never be able to give everything back because my heart belongs to you and this will never change.She apologised again for not being able to handle all this and that she needed him with her,to know he was here because she is just a human being and needs him as much as he needs her.And if they gonna be together he should qet a divorse and quickly.He leaned down and kissed her...he promised to quit Vicodin again for her and for Rachel but above all because now he didn't need it...and she will never have to be dread about his pain fear because now he knew the only pain he couldn't handle was living without her.She smiled and he kissed her again...and then he just held her there as long as i can remember....it was a really good dream....I wish it was true...
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
@evropia I wish your dream was true too, it would be a good Huddy storyline to begin season 8, and then they could go on like in the old good time, except that they're now and forever together;) House will keep on doing crazy thing to save his patients'live, Cuddy and Wilson will keep on defending him against everyone, and the life goes on with mystery cases, fun and flirt in House's team
Well a girl can dream!

@BH love your Hugh's blue eyes pic
@evropia I wish your dream was true too, it would be a good Huddy storyline to begin season 8, and th