Huddy (H)ouse & Cuddy: Paradise Lost. Summer (H)iatus Thread

HuddyJoy0524 posted on May 28, 2011 at 04:16PM
Hello my Huddy girls! I thought maybe a new thread would be great for us over the hiatus. While we are waiting for season 8 we need to stick together, and remember that as long as we keep it alive Huddy will always stay alive!

Commence the discussing below!
Hello my Huddy girls! I thought maybe a new thread would be great for us over the hiatus. While we ar

Huddy 865 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 851-865 of 865

over a year ago hughlisafan said…
I was watching Airborne last night. It's such a wonderful Huddy episode. Despite the horrible ending between the two, I am still a hopeless Huddy and still enjoy the affection, fun and intimacy that these two characters had with each other. Their break-up hurt so much because they were so loved as a couple even when they weren't officially a couple.

While I know a lot of people that ship a lot of other TV couples, I never do. I have enjoyed some male-female relationships over the years, but nobody teased at my heart like these two did. They made me want to come online and find stories about them, to find other Huddies who also wanted to discuss their relationship and drool over their sexiness. They made me excited about a kiss! The way I reacted over that first kiss you would've thought it was mine! lol

Oh, I am a hopeless Huddy. I feel about them as I do the lovers in Wuthering Heights and Pride and Prejudice, and other great romantic novels, I will keep going back to them over and over. House and Cuddy for me have moved beyond the TV screen and in my heart anyways will endure as those other lovers have done.

The only difference is that this is the first time that TV characters have made that crossing into literature for me. I can't imagine it ever happening again.
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
@Hughlisafan "but nobody teased at my heart like these two did. They made me want to come online and find stories about them, to find other Huddies who also wanted to discuss their relationship and drool over their sexiness. They made me excited about a kiss! The way I reacted over that first kiss you would've thought it was mine!"

same here! I never thought I could get so much involved on fictional characters, they're "real" for me in a sense. I think that even in 10 years I'll still think about them. Huddy helped me in many situations and hard times, and they'll still have a place in my heart.

@hcf nice to see you back here : )
@Hughlisafan "but nobody teased at my heart like these two did. They made me want to come online and
over a year ago huddycallianfan said…
smile
@HLF, heeeey how are you? Haven't seen you around for awhile. I know, I know Huddy hurts, but hey we had so much fun with them. We need to stay strong. And play hangman. ;D

@huddycat, we can still chat on twitter (Thank god or whoever designed it). And I love that pic
over a year ago fran2 said…
@hughlisafan @huddycat @huddycall @maggie
It hurts, you know what I mean. If the Taub’s storyline will be a way to mirror House’s lost it will hurt even more. The House&Rachel pic is painful to watch because he was building a great paternal relationship with that little girl and now every step has lost meaning.
I feel even more wounded because TPTB have not only taken away from me the possibility to follow the evolution of the most surprising and true couple on TV but also because I feel bereft of all those who once wrote here and now have taken other roads.
It’s the life, the mysterious paths that we follow, sometimes our paths cross for a while then each of us continues on his/her journey alone and/or with new fellow travelers.
Maybe my feeling is the mirror of House’s emotions. I think that House would be in the same emotional situation during the next season, he will face great changes (despite mr. shore stubbornly denies that there are changes) and I will follow him along those steep paths, uphill, painful to go for a limping man, paths that might lead him to salvation or perhaps to the curse of a life without hope. I want to be there, witnessing everything that will happen.

“…I’ll be with [H]im, I’d rather live in [h]is world than live without [h]im in mine”
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago maggiemay23 said…
sad
I think there is no hope for Huddy after the TV Guide interview with Lisa.

But one should never give up hope. Right?
@maggiemay23 Well, LE said she has no enemies at House, and she wasn't fired. She appreciates everything that the show has done for her since it has raised her profile enormously, and probably made her independently set for life too. She also tweeted a picture of herself with David Shore yesterday, so it seems she may even attend the set.

David Shore has also said that she wasn't fired and they had fully expected her to come back for this season, and that she will be missed not only professionally but also personally. Things he didn't say when JMO was written out.

My feelings now is that the decision was a network one by Fox and not by the studio (David Shore).

@fran I'll be interested to see where they take House now too. And, I'm with him until the end. I will miss the sexiness that LE brought to the show, but if you watch Season 1 and season 2 Cuddy didn't really have a large role. She was a peripheral character, except for an episode here and there.

Hopefully, the two new female actors they have brought in are good.

@huddycallianfan Yes, I've had a really busy summer, but with House starting up again on Monday I'll be spending time here again. I'm hoping this is a good season despite all the changes. I'm not looking forward to all the criticism of the show that will likely start up again.
over a year ago bluehue said…
heart
Not too much is stirring, not even a mouse, ‘tis nearly the eve..of a new season of House!

Hello ALL! Busy, busy, busy bees.

@fran, Aah..sorry my response is so late..cause your “Titanic toons” were a perfect follow up to my H-Man poster “sinking ships” reference. WONDERFUL brain you possess. (I liked irony of the complaining Titanic passenger “what do you mean we are out of ice!?”). Haha funny.
Also..I enjoy your positive spirit of not giving up on the character of House. ("What do you mean we are out of Huddy!?”) Well, just asking the question, “What will House do without Cuddy in his life?” This is still is an interesting narrative to play out.

I'll look for forum comments..after the premiere airs. I've not seen it of course, or all that many spoilers..so "20 Vicodin" will basically be all new experience. Hmmm..I prefer nibbling on 20 baby carrot sticks instead..how about you?! Ha. Later.
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
smile
Hello girls, I have had so much going on, busy work, friends from out of town, events to plan and attend all in such a short period of time. Just wanted to check in to let you know I was alive. I will weigh in after I watch 20 vicodin this week or weekend. I order online so I can watch at my convenience not having a dvr. Love your posts
So anyone watch 20 Vicodin? I watched it. Cuddy wasn't mentioned, although at the beginning when House is in front of the parole board they tell him they want an apology and House won't apologize, or show remorse about what he did. I'm not sure about that one. I know some people are upset about it.

I think it has to do with House having problems with apologies when a major event occurs. He's ok with small apologies and he's fine with thank-yous as well, but he told Nolan that an apology is worthless when something really bad has occurred and you can't fix it. House goes straight to punishment in that case. In this case, he refused a lawyer and took the first deal the prosecutors gave him, which was the worse possible deal he could get: i.e he's punishing himself, and he's refusing to apologize because he refuses to take the easy way out, which is what the board was offering him if he would only apologize.

The first thing House said to the parole board right at the beginning of the show was that he knew Rachel was at her grandmother's house because it was a Friday, and that he knew the occupants weren't in the room he was about to drive into. When one of the parole board members told him the occupants could have returned to that room while he was en route House replied: "I would have seen that. I was driving right toward them." I have to admit I burst out laughing at that line. Hugh's delivery was awesome. He just made it seem like that was an obvious outcome, and couldn't believe that people were even asking that question.

Since Peter Blake, who wrote 20 Vicodin also co-wrote the finale, there was no question that he wanted to answer the critics with those lines.

The only other mention of Cuddy is when House is talking to one of his jailmates about his girlfriend and tells him "his girl is gone." There's no question that House was talking about himself and Cuddy here. It was a sad moment for me.

It was a good episode and I enjoyed it. I'll probably watch it again without the commercials to get a better sense of it, but right now I feel like it lacked emotional depth. It would have been better I think if we knew that House was actually lying to the parole board. You know, he tells them he doesn't feel remorse, but in his cell it's obvious to the viewers that he does. I find this show, which at one time did pathos really well, doesn't do it so well anymore.

Next episode, House is back at PPTH. That is when no Cuddy is really going to sting. This episode was a stand alone like Broken, but once we're back at the hospital her absence is going to be noticeable. *sigh*
over a year ago bluehue said…
smile
Hello forum.. hi there @mysusp.

@hughlisafan, Insightful comments. Thanks. I missed the first 15 minutes of "20 V," so your description helped filled in the gap..till I may view it. I hear your "sigh." House telling the sick prisoner..the hard fast truth..that his gf & the "normal" people outside "move on," was also self (Huddy) referential..a kind of blunt acceptance of fate, (there was a hint of anger in his voice).

Not too spoilery...
On a positive note, I liked the way scruffy prison House was balancing the immediacy of certain pain, threat & fear..all the while figuring a way to knock out the bully. He showed compassionate glimpses of what still drives him..finding answers to "symptoms," under great risk. Not quite the "dark matter" he would really like to decipher..the universe no less, but his gift is confirmed and valued. Now..if only, "Doctor heal thyself!"

Only an obvious obseration, I see House as a kind of "HL music," subtle versions of a constant theme...a few new notes slipped in to shift the light & dark tones. "20 V & Mayfield" but a few notes difference between. (Later).
over a year ago tammyr50 said…
Only an obvious obseration, I see House as a kind of "HL music," subtle versions of a constant theme...a few new notes slipped in to shift the light & dark tones. "20 V & Mayfield" but a few notes difference between. (Later).

That is a nice comparison @BH. I had just watched the PBS special of Hugh's that featured his exploration of New Orleans and the music. HL said the boy became a man. This was very interesting to me and I am curious to know now if with House can the boy become the man.

This was an episode that HL was in his element with House. He was vulnerable, scheming, at times fearful and off-balance, in pain physically and facing things emotionally. He was ready to walk away from humanity since he and humanity met too early and didn't seem to hit it off and he noted noone was waiting on him on the outside. No job and no girl.

The only thing I really thought was forced and out of place was his explanation of Moving On. HL brought everything out and you could feel where he was coming from but this one I don't even think he believed.

I liked Broken better but I thought this definitely was getting back to letting House tell his story without all the smoking mirrors. I want to talk more but i am not sure who has seen and who hasn't so i will wait a couple of days. Miss you ladies.

over a year ago fran2 said…
After (repeatedly) watching the new episode I felt emotionally paralyzed. I do not know yet whether I liked it. Obviously it is impossible to challenge HL, the man is so perfect that looking at him is therapeutic. Though.
My first thought was: give me back my emotions. Because I felt quite “nothing” and this is terrible. I know, that was a random ep (like Broken but Broken was so much more exciting). I did not like at all the justification that was given about the last Moving on scene, the car crash. During the whole summer has been said to us that House was sure there was no one in the living room ... what was the need to reiterate once again the concept? I would have appreciated a more intellectual honesty, that is: we, TPTB, don’t need to apologize. Take it or leave it (a housian way of dealing with conflict).
Perhaps the writers have chosen to put us in a decompression chamber so that the major part of the emotions will come out during the second episode, when H returns to PPTH (is it right? He will go back? Not sure...).
I am confused, I need a period of hermitage.
Hugs.
After (repeatedly) watching the new episode I felt emotionally paralyzed. I do not know yet whether I
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
I finally took on me to watch 20 Vicodin. But as @fran said "give me back my emotions. Because I felt quite “nothing” and this is terrible." I didn't feel anything while watching this ep. Of course Hugh's play was amazing, Hugh is definitely a great actor and I think he saved the show's premiere.
Because I don't find the script very good, there are two many "plots" but none of them is "heavy" or really relevant to House's character, I have the impression that everything was "cheap" I don't know how to express it, sorry. For me, this ep was "empty" but it's just my opinion and maybe my judgement is distorted because of my "denial stage" ; )

@Hls "Next episode, House is back at PPTH. That is when no Cuddy is really going to sting." That's so true! I really hope they'll give us an explanation, maybe Wilson will if he'll explain it to House.
I finally took on me to watch 20 Vicodin. But as @fran said "give me back my emotions. Because I felt
I DID IT!!! I watched the premiere and survived :) I am so relieved. I promise you I was dreading it like a doctor's visit. I can still be interested in Hugh Laurie and House. It probably will get a little monotonous at times with no Cuddy and the same routine of guesses until the last ten minutes but House's emotional and physical pain is still interesting. I got to see the missing Thomas Moran tweet about how the networks boss writers around the other day on a website. It was not one but SEVERAL(someone screencaptured them and he deleted them and I think stopped his account?) and all of them were about working for companies with lots of money and how you have to do things to please them. So we apparently should forgive him and consider the fact that NBCU was in fact very UGLY and shoved David Shore, writers and actors to the wall basically. Someone theorized that NBCU required an episode that left it to where Cuddy AND Wilson could possibly not return. Remember when RSL was giving all those interviews about money and how he might not be back? Apparently the show House got caught by some NBC prison thugs and had to write that horrid finale as exit tax. To bad they couldn't go into protective custody. No matter what I am really happy to come see you girls again. I missed you and I would see or hear things that reminded me of House and want to share it with you all. In keeping with the prison theme let's send this message out to the writers and co of House. "Hope is a good thing, maybe the best thing." Shawshank Redemption
A random thought about 20 Vicodin. Why do HL eyes look so blue whenever he's lying down? In this episode when he woke up, the Massage Therapy episode, and countless other times? :). I haven't really seen spoilers so the only thing I know is that Wilson tells him "we aren't friends any more" I hope that they explain Cuddys absence by way of her making her own decision to leave and not as House driving her away :(. Moving in order to improve a new hospital or to be closer to family would be better than leaving to avoid House. I wish Wilson would say something to indicate Cuddy doesn't hate him although as his subconscious told him on the bus "you kind of deserve it.". That was the saddest part if the last episode when he told the prisoner there was a reason why they were locked up away from nice normal people. We've seen in his subconcious mind that at times he does despise himself "if you secretly take the pill you don't deserve anyone."