My Little Pony Friendship is Magic The Great Unrest RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Jun 26, 2014 at 07:23AM
If you look outside the window, what do you see? Peace, harmony, friendship... such things the new generations take for granted.

Of course, Equestria wasn't always the utopia as it is today. Let me take thee on a journey into the long past...

Before the birth of Celestia, before the seed of the Tree of Harmony sprouted, the three tribes - the unicorns, earth ponies and pegasi - put aside their differences and formed the united nation of Equestria. Gain was plentiful and ponykind prospered.

Then a new race emerged. The power of all three tribes united in these winged, horned ponies, who called themselves alicorns. They possessed the strength of the earth ponies, the flying skills of the pegasi and the magical abilities of the unicorns. It was only a matter of time until they took their place at the top of the hierarchy. On that day, Equestrian society took an unexpected turn...

Countless decades have passed by, and the years of abundance slowly faded away. The balance between the three tribes was disrupted. The alicorns remained unreachable for the common ponies, consulting the future of the nation behind the closed gates of their stronghold. Meanwhile the unicorn nobility plundered all the resources with the help of the highly trained warrior class: the pegasi.

The earth ponies soon found themselves at the bottom of the hierarchy; they were nothing more but peasants, slaves who were toiling tirelessly day and night, only to let the unicorns and pegasi enjoy the fruits of their labor. As humble spirits, the earth ponies let the rich take advantage of their strength and farming skills for years, but it still wasn't enough. Because there was a dark void in the souls of the old ones... a void that filled their hearts with an everlasting craving for more.

Very soon, the last drop will splash into the sea of suppressed rage and the deeds of the earth ponies will determine the fate of Equestria... this is the time of the Great Unrest.

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No killing each other's characters without permission.

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn.)

- There is no character/person limit,

- HOWEVER, THE MAXIMUM NUMBER OF ALICORN OC PARTICIPANTS IS 3 AND ALL THREE PLACES ARE TAKEN, THE ALICORN CAST IS COMPLETE. SO NO OTHER ALICORN OCS ARE ALLOWED.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

In order to join with your OC, please fill out this short character sheet below!

Name:
Personality:
Bio: (optional)

Useful tips:

- Okay, so this RP takes place in medieval Equestria. Therefore, the social structure reflects that as well. The hierarchy is the following:

- Kings/Queens/Royalty (Alicorns, max. 3)
- Lords/Ladies (Unicorns)
- Knights (Pegasi)
- Peasants (Earth Ponies)

- Please keep in mind, that the race of the character you join with will determine his/her role in the society and your place in the hierarchy, so choose wisely!

- As I mentioned earlier, there can be a maximum of 3 alicorn characters in this RP, because basically, they have all the power and resources. Therefore I must ask those who wish to play with an alicorn OC, to use this power responsibly and don't send entire armies to a bloodbath for example.

- The RP gives you an opportunity to control squadrons, even armies if the plot-line allows it. There will be massive confrontations, I can assure you.

- This RP will require a lot of teamwork from all of the players, because there will be many situations where you'll have to follow the chain of command. Think of it as a big war game. Jade, Wind and I will be in command of the earth pony forces and we'll stop at nothing to change the social structure. Mu ha ha! :D
If you look outside the window, what do you see? Peace, harmony, friendship... such things the new ge
last edited on Jul 08, 2014 at 01:38PM

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic 5221 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 5221

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Landslide: *is startled from the sleep, his breathing is fast as he looks around in daze, then kneels after a couple of seconds, like he was praying again and he looks up to the icon on the wall, which depicts the Creator and stares at it for several minutes* I understand... once more have you summoned me to do thy bidding! As always, I answer thy call! *stands up, and removes a few planks of the floor. There's a chest stashed inside and he takes out two, medium sized, silver colored swords* Now you ask me to wield these sacramentals again. You ask me to break my covenant. After 36 years, you ask me to take another life. *sighs* I am the instrument of your will. If this is what you want me to do, I shall do it, I have no doubt in your wisdom! *puts on some robes to hide the swords and steps out the door with a heavy heart* Dear Creator! My life is yours! Guide my hooves! *he looks around and chooses a seemingly random direction to walk toward to*
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Jade_23 said…
Wheat: Do not say sorry.. Never say that, unless it's necessary.. In this situation, it is not. I am honored to have joined a small, but at the same time big rebellion.
over a year ago Windwakerguy430 said…
(Smiles) Thank you. You remind me a lot of... Her
Wheat Roll: *sits* Who's this her, you speak of?
About five years ago, my sister was captured by the Alicorn prince and was sent to work as a slave. She was with my brother when they caught her. He tried to stop them, but they... They cut his head off and put it on a pike and paraded it around town. My sister never gave up, though. She wrote to me everyday. That is until they found her writing letters. And then... They... they sent me her writing hoof. It was just cut from her body and put into a little box. After that, I never heard from her. That's why I started this rebellion. To stop these unjust laws and hopefully find my missing sister
over a year ago karina_brony said…
(I'm sorry, I'm lost. xD Can someone inform me what's happening? It's because I fell asleep too early.)
Windwakerguy430 commented…
Well my character went to go kill guards, Jades character went to give away a sack, both our characters meet. Alinah and some guards tried to kill us. Jordy's character came and... Well, he was being Jordy :P and mine and Jades character went into some hideout for the rebals :P over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
^Pretty much over a year ago
(ikr? Got back from work and see at least 100 new posts... o _ O The earth ponies had their first confrontation with the pegasi and are plotting against the alicorns. We are still in the process of establishing our characters and clarify their motivations. :)
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
Back in town

Aurora: (so they never found them...well,that's bad but at the same time,good...ha! They cant call themselves perfect...)
Injured Pegasus: ah...so its you...remember me? The one you carelessly shot? Well,im here to tell you that once again,you are going to the detention room...no food for a week! *glares at her* Understand,soldier?
Aurora: ...yes...
Injured Pegasus: your detention starts after your shift...dont you think of sneaking away...we'll watch you like a hawk! *walks away*
Aurora: hmmmph...like a hawk,huh? Why could'nt they do that to those earthponies? Heh...besides,im used to the punishment they give me anyway...*goes back to patroling*

(Sleep.now.see ya.)
Wheat Roll: Wow.. You've gone through a lot.. I understand what you mean.. I had a few problems too..
over a year ago SkyheartPegasus said…
(Oh jesus what happened. I had to go through a whole 12 hour drive from Canada D:
Well, at least I got 3 McFlurries.)
Jade_23 commented…
Girl.. A LOT happened. XD over a year ago
SkyheartPegasus commented…
I wish I went back to the US Sunday as originally planned. XD over a year ago
Really... I see.. it must have been hard for you too
Wheat Roll: Well, yes. Indeed it was, and still is. That Prince who I said "Bye brainless" killed my brother.. He was hung. For stealing. Yes, my brother did steal.. Only to keep my family alive. Then I got my mother.. She was burned at the stake.. Saw it with my own eyes.. Her being a heretic, made me a heretic.. Nopony talks to me.. Everypony hates me. Aaand, I was accused for stealing. Was tortured many times.. Different ways.. Mostly with fire, which.. I.. Have a big fear of it now.. So.. *sighs*
(Puts hoof on Wheats shouldeR) your no different from anypony else. Your brother and mother died heroic deaths, it sounds. Some may not agree, but they did it to support there family and did it againts the kings rules. I call that nobel. And, if your a heritic, then I guess I am as well. And, well... Not everypony hates you (Smiles)
(Anyway... I'll try to skim through the past pages. I am a fast reader.)
SkyheartPegasus commented…
M'kay, I'm done. XD over a year ago
Jade_23 commented…
XD over a year ago
alinah_09 commented…
Agreed! :D over a year ago
Wheat Roll: *gives a sudden jump when feels Longsword's hoof on her shoulder* Sorry, I'm not used to ponies who touch me. But anyways, *stands up* Thank you, for sharing your kindness with me.
Were allies. Its only fair, and I can assure you, if anypony hates you, then there obviously blind by the king's rule. You have much potential to be a great leader, and were going to stop the king and his knights. You can count on that
Mydna: *is at a farm to bring food to the castle**puts on cape* Hello?
Wheat Roll: You are very thoughtful, Longsword. We barely know each other, but I can tell you are a fierce, strong, inspiring, and unselfish stallion. I'm not surprised you have those qualities.
Losing everything can help. It's best to learn from your past instead of regreating it. That's why the thoughts of my family keep me strong, and I do hope to put a stop to these cruel rules. That's why I'm very thankful that you can help. Strength may help, but teamwork with your fellow ponies is better
Wheat Roll: *Sigh* Agreed..
I'm just glad that I know a pony that knows how I feel. And an Earth Pony at that. And I'm glad to have you as an allie, Wheat
over a year ago karina_brony said…
Nightsong: *spots ponies from the distance* Hmm.. They better not be up to any childish plans.. *walks out of the castle and flies up to have a better view*
Landslide: *driven by an inexplainable instinct, he lurks in the alleys, moving closer to an unknown destination, avoiding all the patrols, until a rough voice shouts at him from behind*
Guard: HALT! THE CURFEW IS IN EFFECT! SHOW ME YOUR IDENTIFICATION NOW!
Landslide: *sighs*
Guard: Didn't you hear me?! You are under arrest, earth pony scum! *takes out his sword and points at Landslide*
Landslide: This humble one begs your forgiveness. But you do not wish to go down this path.
Guard: What?! Are you threatening a knight?! That's it! I'm taking you into custody!
Landslide: *still on a calm voice* I'm afraid I cannot allow that.
Guard: Insolent fool! I'll kill you where you stand!!! *swings his sword to behead Landslide*
Landslide: That will also not be permitted. *with a rapid move, he drops his garments, unsheathes his swords at repels the attack of the pegasus*
Guard: Heretic mongrel! You will pay for this! *charges at him*
Landslide: He who runs with aggression, fails to see the light. *his swords shatter the guard's blade and a powerful punch of Landslide's hooves knocks the guard out. He drags the body of the pegasus into a dark corner, so it won't be seen* Nopony can rebel against the Creator's will. *looks up and sees a warehouse nearby, then his eyes widen* The vision... I am close!
Wheat Roll: Yeah, I do too. Again, thanks for saving my life... We should get going.
Don't worry. There's no rush. The rebal hideout is a very secret place. Not even Mr. Prince Perfect can find this place
Wheat Roll: Well, what would you like to talk about, then?
Well, we need to figure out how were going to hurt the king. And badly
Wheat Roll: Well, we're going to need way more ponies for this job then.. To begin the revolution. If we kill the king, then that's different. Unicorns, Pegasus, and Earth Ponies need to learn how to get along.. Including alicorns.. Those bastards.
Landslide: *is now very near the hideout. He circles around the building to locate any entrances, but accidentally kicks an iron pipe on the ground, which makes a noise*
I suppose your right. If were going to start a revolution, we'll need more ponies to join, but where can we find ponies that hate the king just as much, if not more, then us
over a year ago izfankirby said…
*Lunate joins his friends and fellow ponies from the past comrades from a previous long-gone battle, Buster and Scarlet unaware of the commotion in the night*
Lunate: You've heard what happened right?
Scarlet: Right a mad peasant attacked the king.
Lunate: They're probably gonna call us in again.
Buster: We're not gonna fail this time
Lunate: No we're not. Just wanted to tell you both that I'm going to request to have you in my squad, when they ask for me.
Buster: Good
Scarlet: We'll be there for you in battle again.
Lunate: We all will be, but we won't lose this one.
Wheat Roll: Exactly, we can't just trust any pony.
Landslide: *finds a way inside by destroying a rusty lock on one of the back doors. He moves around the countless wooden boxes carefully, until he hears some voices*
Well, were just going to have to think of something. Though, its best you train a little more. No offense, but, compared to the tougher guards, they'll no doubt kill you, and I'd hate for you to die. It would make me responislbe and I couldn't bare another Earth Ponies death. That's why we need to train you real hard
Wheat Roll: No problem... *perks ears* *stands up* *looks straight ahead and hears noises. *grabs spear and rope* *slowly starts walking to noise*
Hmm... You hear it too. Guess we don't need to train you much on being aware of your enviroment (Pulls out sword) But, this could be anyone, so be ready
Wheat Roll: Well whoever it is, is about to see the light from above.
Landslide: *finds a higher spot, by climbing onto the top of a pile of wooden boxes and stalks the figures below him. He narrows his eyes, trying to examine the features of the others, but he's too far* Hmm... age seems to be catching up to me...
Wheat Roll: Somepony is watching us.. I can feel it..
Landslide: *observes the others as the approach his position slowly, until he spots the weapons on them. His instincts and battle experiences kick in as he jumps down on them, pulling out his swords in the air and by the time he reaches the ground he's ready to attack*
Hmm (Examines pony) Another Earth Pony I see (Puts away sword) Wheat, you can put that sword away. I see hes an Earth Pony, and, if we're lucky, we can reason with him
Wheat Roll: Okay. *smirks as she puts away spear*
Landslide *sheathes his swords and bows his head* This humble one begs your forgiveness. I did not know you were fellow earth ponies. My eyes are not as sharp as they were in the war. But, as always, the Creator was right by guiding me here. My name is Landslide.
Pleased to meet you. My name is Master Longsword. The founder and leader of the rebellion. This is Wheat
Wheat Roll: Wheat Roll. Nice meeting you.
Landslide: *bows again* Charmed. *shakes head in surprise* What? Rebellion?
Mydna: *grabs a bale of hay* This should keep the alicorns happy enough..
Yes. A rebellion against the Alicorns for their unjust laws and how they treat the Earth Ponies like slaves. enough is enough
Wheat Roll: Us earth ponies deserve way more than just trash. We're the ones who do all the work.
And we will have our freedom, even if that means the destruction of the Alicorn race. We will have it