Lost General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
[b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b]

--- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

Lost 933 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 351-400 of 933

over a year ago tuttleAC said…
Okay OH MY GOD. All of my favorite sites need to stop posting LOST spoilers. Specifically ones about the contents of the finale scripts. How could you turn on me internet!? In only three weeks we'll all have seen it anyway. Everyone needs to cool this s*&t down.
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
^Then don't go on those website for the next few weeks. I don't know what else to suggest, haha. People who post spoilers are losers anyway, so why would you want to spend time with them? :P Just kidding... I really don't mean to offend any spoiler fans.
Nah they deserve what we dish out. Okay, now fess up! All of those that come forward about being spoiler hounds shall receive a wedgie from one of the monkey butlers. People that lie about it shall also be forced to sit in the really really uncomfortable chair for the finale! With out pizza!
"Without pizza"? Is that the most evil punishment you can think of? I'd say they don't even get to watch the finale at all, but they still have to sit in a super-uncomfortable chair for 5 hours.
mischievous
You know this is as evil as I get. Would it help if I added sitting in the chair while I threw cotton balls and soft things at the back of their head in an annoying manner to the punishment?

Them:Stop that! I can feel that you know!
Me: Bahaha! Never! *softly chucks cotton ball* >:D
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago marissa said…
Would it help if I added sitting in the chair while I threw cotton balls and soft things at the back of their head in an annoying manner to the punishment?

Wow, that really is evil!
And what if we ate the pizza and told them they could have any! Then they'd have to smell it and watch us enjoying it and would get really hungry but couldn't eat it!

Mwahahaha!
over a year ago Emm_xD said…
I have an idea... why don't we just not let them watch the finale at all? ...too evil? mmkay. lol!

TONIGHT, PEOPLE. You know, I was going out of my mind last week not being able to watch it. What the hell will I be like when it ends? I hope I don't go all crazy!Claire, lol.

Also, I have this really weird feeling that Kate will get hurt in this episode somehow. I have no idea why, but I feel like she's got something coming O_o
Oh my god! That was the like the saddest thing ever! I feel horrible about being right. And Lapidus too. Double whammy. Okay which of you guys cried?
over a year ago TmoVie_obsessed said…
crying
OMG!!!!! I AM CRYING LIKE A BABY RIGHT NOW!!! And when it comes to Lost I am not afraid to admit this.
crying
OMG I WEEPED. AND WEEPED. AND WEEPED.

Sayid?
And Lapidus?
And Sun? AND JIN?!?!

I still refuse to believe it.

And watching it, I honestly thought "damn you, Patrick! You were right!"

Oh man... oh man...

And here I was worried about Kate...

Also, who thought Hurley crying was the saddest thing ever in the entire world?
over a year ago smoore23 said…
So sad, I was brought to tears. :'(

IA, Marissa, my heart sunk even further when Hurley cried.

Really sad (but really good) episode, I thought.
I know! I'm so sorry my bad mo-jo jumped to so many people.

Geez. And then the whole Jack, Locke scene and Hurley and Jack sobbing. AND SAYID! Way to kill four characters in like 5 minutes LOST.

I have to say it's interesting that we're four hours away from LOST being over and I couldn't even half guess what those last two hours will involve.
it's interesting that we're four hours away from LOST being over and I couldn't even half guess what those last two hours will involve.

it's so true. I don't know if I love or hate that I'm still in the dark...
OHMYGOD is all I can say right now. First Kate, which I was kind of expecting, lol, but then SAYID?!?! SUN/JIN </3

I just can't believe this.

...and there was us, complaining that the episodes were going too slow! Pffft. Now it's all happened too quickly :'(
Just a sidenote (which seems really insignificant compared to all the deaths we've just seen, lol), what was up with the music box Christian gave to Claire?

The only thing I can think of right now is that it has some sort of reference to Rousseau... she had one, right?

ALSO. Locke + plane crash + sideways world = WOW.
monkey
ALSO. Locke + plane crash + sideways world = WOW.

AGREEDED.
Also, was Jack saving Sawyer epic, or was Jack saving Sawyer epic?
I am loving their relationship this season.
Also, was Jack saving Sawyer epic, or was Jack saving Sawyer epic?
I am loving their relationship this season.

oh, it was epic. To be honest, Jack and Sawyer individually were just epic in general. But the whole episode was just epic, really.

...as if the word epic couldn't get more overrused! lol
over a year ago alismouha said…
big smile
This is one of the best Episodes of Lost!

It totally owns the last recruit.

Most Kills off in one Episode so far(Sayid,Sun/Jin,Possibly Frank,and hopefully kate)

Best Jin/Sun Scene ever!

Best Jack/Locke scene ever!

Best Jack/Sawyer scene ever! Jawyer forever!

Best Sacrifice Scene ever!

Best crying scene(Hurley cried his eyes out)

Best OMFG scene ever (Submarine/C4)

Just as I was Starting to think that MiB was Good.

And Just as I was starting to think Sayid was Bad.

Tiny spoiler:Next ep is gonna be centric on Jacob&Mib

Hope it gonna show us their origins.
BREAKING NEWS:ABC further Expands The Lost Finale Event tooooooo................................Dr­um Rolls.....................................­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­...­.

Two and a half hours(With Commercials)

isn't that great news?
over a year ago Steve_McQueen64 said…
I cried, I never cry at the TV, but I cried. :"( A moment of silence for Sun, Jin, Sayid and Frank.

*joins in the moment*

what was up with the music box Christian gave to Claire?

I think it was there for two reasons: 1. just to remind us about that song and make us all nostaligic and what not and 2. so we could see Jack and Claire's relfections together. That was oretty cool. I have no idea what it might mean,b ut it was cool, lol.

Also, how funny was Sawyer when he was told to get into the cage? As soon as they did that, I was like "oh, here we go, another half a season in these cages!" But Lost did not disapoint :)

Also, I would just like to throw out a big I TOLD YOU SO to Patrick. MIB is totally evil :)
smile

"Also, I have this really weird feeling that Kate will get hurt in this episode somehow. I have no idea why, but I feel like she's got something coming O_o "

We have a Psychic on the Lost spot,Could you please tell us more?
Also, I would just like to throw out a big I TOLD YOU SO to Patrick. MIB is totally evil :)

AHAHA. You know what, Patrick, just for being wrong about MIB, I think you should give us extra monkey butlers :)

We have a Psychic on the Lost spot,Could you please tell us more?

LMAO. I have no idea how that happened, lol.
hmmm
"LMAO. I have no idea how that happened, lol."

But don't you just know If kate is gonna die of that Gunshot
wound(Fingers crossed,I hope she does)
But don't you just know If kate is gonna die of that Gunshot
wound(Fingers crossed,I hope she does)

nah... because like Jack said, the bullet just went right through :P
monkey
*cough* Well in response to a Miss Smarty-pants named Marissa I will just say that it's all relative.... and i'm disappointed at this turn of events :P

Okay, I never said he was good (hope i never said that, but i'm expecting there's evidence that I did.) It's more that I thought Jacob was just as evil. That has yet to be seen as far as i'm concerned. *prays for scene where jacob eats a live puppy to even the score*

I will point out I was totally right about Des being fine for all the doubters there. And I called Sayid. So Nya-nya!

P.S. Sawyer... and probably Miles (and hopefully Kate) are toast.
It's okay, Patrick. We all make mistakes :P

*prays for scene where jacob eats a live puppy to even the score*
If that happens, I will personally make sure you have ALL the monkey butlers in the world!
So I just finished watching the episode (yes, I already know I'm a terrible Lost fan for not watching it when it's on :P ). It was sad, but I somewhat expected it. I have always had a feeling that a whole bunch of characters were gonna die at once. The worst part, though, was watching Hurley sobbing on the beach! Poor guy. Watching Sun and Jin die was a little heartbreaking, too, but at least they're together now.

Did anyone else think of Titanic during the whole sub scene? I feel like everything about this scene was inspired by the movie.

"P.S. Sawyer... and probably Miles (and hopefully Kate) are toast."

Somehow, I am OK with Sawyer and Kate being toast, but the idea of Miles dieing disappoints me. Don't ask me why. :P

over a year ago TmoVie_obsessed said…
(and hopefully Kate)
----
Yes please!!!! I'm tired of turning to my dad every episode and saying "Kate's going to die now" and have her NOT die. Grrrrr....
At least you almost had the chance to be right this week, Margot! :P There's always next episode, too....
Wait a second... Why the hell didn't Sawyer or Hurley say "Hey wait a minute guys, shouldn't we wait for Miles or something?"

Thats gonna bug me now.

Edit: more things!

For shame courtney. FOR SHAME! *rips LOST patch off your arm*

But a thing someone pointed out to me, Sawyer is still looking for Anthony Cooper in the flash sideways and he's totally there, just not very active or movey... so are we gonna see him smothering him One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest Style next Episode?
Did anyone else think of Titanic during the whole sub scene? I feel like everything about this scene was inspired by the movie.

Lmao, yes! I was deffinately thinking about that :P

Why the hell didn't Sawyer or Hurley say "Hey wait a minute guys, shouldn't we wait for Miles or something?"

My guess is that Hurley told Sawyer and co. that Miles went with Team Blow Stuff Up.
"Why the hell didn't Sawyer or Hurley say "Hey wait a minute guys, shouldn't we wait for Miles or something?"

My guess is that Hurley told Sawyer and co. that Miles went with Team Blow Stuff Up."

Either this or Hurley and Sawyer were too wrapped up in their own mission to even think about Miles (those selfish bastards, haha).
I actually think that Sawyer and Hurley were too busy to think of Miles, poor him! Haha...

You know from the begining of the 6th season I've decided that there's no way they can kill off so many characters and get away with it, so I've been thinking that in the end all of the character's will end up dead and MIB and Jacob will be sitting on a beach and MIB will say 'They were just like all the others you brought to the Island'. And yet I was still sadened and surprised when they killed off Sun and Jin. I was almost happy about Sayid dying because in doing so he proved that he wasn't fully 'infected' and still had a soul because he was willing to die for his friends. I'm mad though because of course they didn't kill off any of the love triangle Losties, that's just so predictable! I hope Kate dies in next weeks episode of her bullet wound, though I have a feeling if they're going to kill her off it'll be in the finale.
I wouldn't say it proved that he wasn't fully infected, just that the line between good is a lot more fine that you think(infact I question much of this infection thing). Sayid has always been a character where killing and doing bad things has always come easy to him, although we've often seen him as a good character.

And he's always had the choice to do what he thinks is right and only really went off(and to) with the Man in Black because he suddenly woke up and was told he was evil and had to die, now get the hell out of our Temple!

Honestly I see Dogan as more of the reason for Sayid turning on him than the Lockeness Monster.
Here is a question for you the girls (AKA a question for everyone besides me and... just alismouha?)

How do you feel about the way LOST has handled it's female characters? It's just that there are only two left and one of them spent 5 seasons trying to decide which guy she liked better(although they've kinda done a thing with her and claire this and last season) and the other one was gone for a season and hasn't had much to do besides act crazy in the few scenes she's had and sport bad hair.
And we can't forget Sun for the past few season mostly just followed everyone else while ocassionaly saying "Jin? Jin! Where's Jin?!"

Anyone else noticing how mishandled female characters usually are on TV and how few female writers & showrunners there are? Any thoughts? (I'm having a conversation about this right now)
big smile
"Did anyone else think of Titanic during the whole sub scene? I feel like everything about this scene was inspired by the movie."

You read my mind, I was Thinking of the same thing.

"Sayid has always been a character where killing and doing bad things has always come easy to him, although we've often seen him as a good character."

You're right,Too bad MiB stopped his killstreak.

P.S:Did anyone of you notice Locke(x)Blathering:Push the button,I wish you had believed me?

Anyone else noticing how mishandled female characters usually are on TV and how few female writers & showrunners there are? Any thoughts? (I'm having a conversation about this right now)

lol, I'm in the minority that actually LIKES Kate. Sure, the whole "I love Sawyer... I hate Sawyer. I love Sawyer... no no, I hate Sawyer" thing can be annoying, but I think her storyline is pretty cool.

I loved Sun, especially during the earlier seasons, but you're right about how she's been these past two seasons. The best female we have left on the show (in my opinion xP) is Claire. Yeah, she's gone all Santa Rosa on us, but I still think she's awesome, lol.
How do you feel about the way LOST has handled it's female characters?

To be honest, the women on Lost have alwasy bugged me. They're either lying, cheating skanks or helpless and fainting. Think about it: Shannon slept with a bizillion men in order to con her brother, who she ended up sleeping with. Kate and lying to men go hand in hand. It's so disapointing that her interesting, complex story got lost in her romantic drama. Juliet had the whole "femme fatal" thing going for her (though to a lesser extent then the others, I'll admit.) Even Sun cheated on her husband. And then there's Claire, who says she doesn't need help, but inevitably always does. How many times has she been resuced by a man now? 345?

The two women who weren't liars and could take care of themsleves were Ana Lucia and Charlotte. And for some reason everyone hated them. And then they died.
(I'm ignoring Libby here... just like the writers did.)

And really, there weren't all that many woman in the first place. This is a guy's show. Big strong men with guns running around and Kate taking her shirt off a lot.

Okay, lol. I'm being harsh. I do love this show. But it seems like the men start off horrible and mean, but as the story goes on, you learn that they're really great guys (Sawyer, Jin, etc.) whereas the woman start off sweet and wonderful and they turn out to be horrible and mean!
^That just about sums it up for me! I mean I like Kate at first, until I realized her storyline was just going to be 'Sawyer, or Jack?'. I think the writters did it because they thought it would be more appealing for girls, though I don't think it is. Storylines like Sun and Jin's are nice, because even though Sun spent alot of time looking for Jin, when she thought he was dead she took matters into her own hands, buying her dads busines and hunting down Ben. Much better than Kate who just follows Jack/and or Sawyer into the jungle every other day. :P
"The two women who weren't liars and could take care of themsleves were Ana Lucia and Charlotte."

I'm pretty sure Charlotte lied at some point, too. Ana Lucia might have as well, but I do not recall. I totally agree with you on this, though. It is so annoying that the male characters get these really cool storylines, yet all the female characters' stories (with the exception of Ana Lucia and Rousseau) wind up focusing on romance.

Maybe this would have been better if the writers went with their original intentions of having Kate serve as the leader instead of Jack. Kate would have been completely different if she were placed in the leadership role at the beginning, and the story probably would not have focused so much on a love triangle (esp. since Jack would have most likely been killed off in the pilot).
Kate would have been completely different if she were placed in the leadership role at the beginning, and the story probably would not have focused so much on a love triangle (esp. since Jack would have most likely been killed off in the pilot).

I was thinking that too, Courtney. When the writer actually said that Kate would've been the leader, I was pretty shocked. It seems like instead of making her take charge they made her just... tag along. It's disappointing, really.
Okay, I don't know if I'm just being uber slow and everyone else already noticed this, but... I was thinking about the quote Jack made way back in s1: "three days ago we all died... we should all be able to start over."

^^ is that referring to what's about to happen? On island, everyone dies, but in the alt they get a fresh start? Kind of out-there I know, lol, but I just thought of it. :P
Awww... I got spoiled. -_-
Damn facebook with it's stupid face, I just wanna punch it and make it cry... Uglybook...

I'm glad it wasn't something too big.
crying
Why do you go on facebook when you have dear old Fanpop?

but Don't worry about it,Patrick.

It happened to me too,twice.

I now know the fate of Frank and Vincent.

But it's not too big also.
awww, I'm sorry you guys got spoiled :(
It's okay... I forgive you :P
tongue
Just a theory, and someone might have already said this before, but in the end I think that everyone on the Island will die and then in the Alt universe they'll all live and be reunited! Yay happy ending! Then the universes will merge or something and MIB and wait.... dang it, I forgot about Jacob. I was going to say that MIB and Jacob will be on the Island like they have always been and even though the Losties will have remembered what happened to them they can go on living their lives as if they never crashed but that won't work out unless there's a Jacob on the Island. Maybe that odd little kid that keeps showing up in the jungle and annoying Flocke will turn out to be some sort of Jacob-like spirit that could replace him... but probably not. I hate when my theories have holes.
Actually that's a pretty popular theory^ :P
The fact a lot of people seem to be expecting that makes me think it'll end up ebing something else.... but then again that's why I was rooting for The Man in Black, and the popular opinion ended up being right.

I do kinda thing it'll be a way to provide happy endings to those that can't get one otherwise (Sun and Jin are probably the best example) but i'm sure we'll actually get some closure on island too.