Lost General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
[b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b]

--- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

Lost 933 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 701-750 of 933

over a year ago alismouha said…
big smile
Don't worry,just turn the lights off,wrap yourself up in the blanket,tuck in,think about tweety and count to 500.

Don't worry,just turn the lights off,wrap yourself up in the blanket,tuck in,think about tweety and c
over a year ago tuttleAC said…
AAAAAAGGGGHHHH!!!!! THAT'S SOMEHOW WORSE *grabs ax and cowers in corner*
A hightened case of Insomnia,try going to testicular cancer anonymos meetings,you'll sleep like a baby.

And don't forget tweety.XD
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
"PS. OH MY GOD THAT MONKEY BUTLER IS SCARY AND NOW I'LL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!!!! Wher did you get that? "

I found it via Google. I hope this one doesn't scare you as much:
"PS. OH MY GOD THAT MONKEY BUTLER IS SCARY AND NOW I'LL NEVER SLEEP AGAIN!!!! Wher did you get that?
Here's another one:
Here's another one:
tongue
And finally (last one, I swear!)....

Maybe this could be the new show that we all get hooked onto.
And finally (last one, I swear!)....

Maybe this could be the new show that we all get hooked onto.
Ahh... That's better.
Okay this is unrelated to anything but boredom but I wondered if losties on here would be interesting on wagering on the outcome of the emmys next week. Just a friendly way to make them more exciting?
What would we be wagering?
I dunno, not money:P
I imagine it'd be person with the most points at the end of the night would be crowned Supreme Jacob of Lost Island and get some props or something. What do people usually get when they win something on fanpop?
over a year ago marissa said…
OMG THESE MONKEY BUTLERS JUST BLEW MY MIND.

And yeah, Patrick, sounds fun. Maybe we could win props...? Or maybe for a week everyone would have to have "__________ is awesome" or something as their motto?
Also, I'm not sure if anyone has ever noticed this, but the title of this forum is spelt wrong. I wrote "Action" not "Auction". LOL. Monkey Butler Action, baby!

On a side note: has anyone heard for Em lately???
"Or maybe for a week everyone would have to have "__________ is awesome" or something as their motto?"

I love this idea! :D If we were to go through with this, would this just consist of categories that Lost is nominated for (since this is the Lost spot), or would it be all the major categories?

I can't believe I never noticed the misspelling! Oh well, "Monkey Butler Auction" still sounds really funny.

Nope, I have not seen anything from Em at all recently. :(
big smile
I've noticed it a lot, I just thought it was a funny typo. It helped convey the sexyness of this thread :D

I say we do the major categories since the creative arts emmys already happened and that was where most of the nominations were fpr. Besides since were a bunch of Losties we would all probably make too many similair picks with those ones :P

My suugestion: Each person picks two choices for each category (except miniseries because who cares) A primary and a secpndary. If your primary is right you get 10 points and secondary is just 5. Person with highest score by the end is the champion for life
tongue
"Champion for life" and not "champion for 2010" (since the Emmys take place every year)?
Champion For Life 2010 :P

That's what it'll say on the winners tombstone.
So should I lay down some ground rules and then post something on the wall to see if we can get some more people to compete? Also I suggest the losers be forced to change their Icon to something of the victors choosing. :P
Yes, ground rules and an announcement on the wall are both great ideas. The more participation we have, the more fun it will be.
Okay. These are the practice ground rules. If you have suggestions feel free to share. I'll be nice and listen :D
1. For Each Category you'll pick a primary choice and a secondary choice. The Primary if it's correct is worth 10 points, secondary is worth 5.
2. We'll pick in all catagorys minus the miniseries and TV movie since, A: who cares and B:there are only 2 miniseires in competiton this year.
3. Ballots should be in ON FRIDAY so that people have a chance to look the noms over and so that everyone can post their ballots without being influenced by someone elses. (not that I think you guys would copy someone on purpose)
4. Once posted no editing your ballot post Awards night. On monday or sunday we'll all add up our scores and the winner will get to choose the Losers icon for the next week(I suggest a JPG that says "Insert winners name here is my master!" Or something equally goofy and fun)

Oh and by turning ballots in I mean Posting them Up here on the Monkey Butler Forum. Unless we should create a new forum for the emmy thing... But if we all post on the same day I'm optomistic that that won't be needed. So everyone cool with thesebasic rules?
last edited over a year ago
Also If wanted later in the week I'll be at the library and I can summarize some of the submitted emmy tapes for the shows here that not everone watches like breaking bad, Mad men, Modern Family, Friday Night Lights, etc. To help with your second pick.
I think the ballots should be posted in a forum, along with the rules. That way, everything related to this will be kept in one separate place.

Also, we should allow more than one day for posting the ballots- maybe do Thursday through Saturday instead. Not only would it be easier for time zone reasons, but it would also provide more people with the chance to enter their ballots as not everyone is able to log on everyday.

In addition to writing summaries of the Emmy tapes, we could also post links to videos of each of those shows. Even if we're not able to find videos of all the Emmy-submitted episodes, posting other clips from the shows can give one a better idea of what each show is like.
Okay how about from thursay to sunday(before the show)
If we choose Sunday, do you think we should set an end time?
I'm not sure what time the awards are. As a rule maybe the deadline should be saturday but if someone is running late and gets it in early sunday we won't form a mob and attack them :P
I think the show starts at 8 pm EST.
So as long as it's before that It should be fine. Also I was wondering if you could start the forum for me. It's hard to make picks and forums via my phone >_<
oh no! I'll be gone from wednesday to tuesday with no internet! sorry guys, looks like I'll have to sit this one out :(
Maybe we could open it up on Tuesday then?
big smile
Yeah, you can submit early if you want. :)
And if you win you can claim your victory once you're back (but I'm soo gonna beat all of you!)
The link is up! Let me know if you think we should change anything.
Oh, Court-dog, mind if I call you Court-dog? I just reaized that reality show host alredy got awarded this year.

PS. Consider putting the name Court-dog on your resume.
If you continue to call me Court-dog, I shall call you Pat-cat.
I would kind of totally love that Court-dog :P

Shame I don't have my kitty icon.
Talking about this one,pat-cat?
Talking about this one,pat-cat?
wink
I meant one of my many kitty icons. And you can't call me that! You're aloud, at best to Mr. Patrick. Otherwise you can just call me Sir, or your highness.
Pat-cat, I think it's time for you to get a new kitty icon. ;) Or maybe you could change things up a bit and use an icon with a dog.
over a year ago TmoVie_obsessed said…
blush
Why hello place I haven't been in forever. Long time no see.
Hello! Welcome back!

I hate to shill for my own contest but you should join our little emmy contest thing. More the merrier! :D

Courtney: New kitty icon :P
Okay,pat-cat I'll call you sir or your highness should you win the emmy contest(Which is definitely not gonna happen so I'll contintue to call you pat-cat for now)
over a year ago TmoVie_obsessed said…
Hmmm.... I just might join this emmy contest. It'd just be a lot of me guessing considering I don't watch a lot of the shows. =P
Well we have some videos of the nominees there to help you make your pick. Some are a bit spoilery if that'll bother you though.

But really I've seen most of the shows nominated and I'm just making WAGs*

* Wild ass guesses.
Welp. Here we go. In just a few hours you will all be eating your own lists.
Just a few hours and I'll be "Awesome".
Someone post anything here!we need to get to page 108!

Let's...count to one-thousand.
I have an actual topic that could restart a conversation here.

With the Fall season just around the corner, what new or returning shows are you guys excited about?

Was it just me or did a lot of the new network drama previewed during the emmys look kinda bad? I mean, The Ev(backwards E)nt? Looks like another in the long line of show trying to pick up LOST's audience.
The Event looks absolutely terrible. None of the new fall dramas appear to be very interesting, at least the ones that I know about. Oh well, at least I still have season 3 of Fringe to look forward to. :D
Ooh I'm hoping I can finish season one and two at the library before season 3 is over. But yeah that and a few comedys returning are all network has to offer it looks like.

You better! You have more than nine months until the end of season 3. ;)
laugh
It'll be slow going since I'll have to do it at the library until my internet situation is resolved.
But I'm really excited for The Walking Dead this october. I'd say what channel it's on but I'd hate to start a riot. Lets just say it'll air on Ay Em Sea :P

But seriously, The Event? I can explain the entire first season to you. There is a vauge event going on and every time it starts to get good there'll be a cliff hanger to kill the momentum. It's like everyone learned the wrong lessons from LOST.
laugh
What is The Walking Dead?

"Ay Em Sea" sounds like a good name for a channel about pirates. :P

By the way you described it, The Event sounds almost exactly like FlashForward, but way worse. It will more than likely be canceled.

Oh, and can you rent Fringe DVDs from somewhere, such as your library? Perhaps that won't be a slowgoing.
I've got season two ordered but with season 1 I'd be behind 80 people.

Ay Em Sea is surprisingly popular with pirates! There number 1 show is Mad Mateys. *nomination for worst joke ever 2010*
The Walking dead is an upcoming show based on a pretty good comic book series. I'd post the trailer but my phone is stupid.