Lost General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
[b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b]

--- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

Lost 933 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 801-850 of 933

over a year ago alismouha said…
*pretending that I believe that*

Listen,pat-cat,to me,you're just an FNG,and FNGs shouldn't insult classic fans like myself.

Shut up,and change your icon.
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
What is an FNG?
Fucking new guy.

and I didn't come up with it,it's a quite well-known abbreviation.
*Searches "Kinky" on Urban dictionary*

...Why do you keep implying that you're gay,pat-cat?

There is only one possible reason for it...
over a year ago marissa said…
So, I just saw an ad for "The Event" and one of the reviews they used said "it takes the place of Lost!"

*eye roll*

Ugh, just bring Lost back and keep all your crappy new shows,please.

You kn ow what would be awesome? If they just started showing Lost again, from the beginning.
I dreamt Yesterday that in a Utopia world,where Metallica made an amazing new Album,where Hitman 5 has been officially announced and where G.W Bush dies of Diarrhea...

...Darlton make three more seasons of LOST!!

How great would it have been to have a world like that?
last edited over a year ago
I actually like Marissa's idea better. It would be even more awesome if all of our Lost-related memories could be erased, so it would be like experiencing the show for the first time again. :)

"So, I just saw an ad for "The Event" and one of the reviews they used said "it takes the place of Lost!"

*eye roll* "

They just need to stop trying to create Lost clones. I really think Hollywood has lost its creativity. *joins in eye-rolling*
They just need to stop trying to create Lost clones. I really think Hollywood has lost its creativity.

Agreed. But there are a few comedies I really like (Glee, Modern Family, Big Bang, Community). But the drama department is really lacking for me. I mean, come of JJ Abrams, Undercovers? What is that??
^Agreed. It does seem as if TV comedies have gotten better recently, and the dramas seem to be declining. It seems as if most dramas now are either Lost cloning attempts or procedurals- either way, there aren't too many great dramas on TV now.

None of the new dramas look the least bit entertaining to me (especially Undercovers!). Sure, Hawaii Five-O is getting some good reviews, but did that show really need to be remade?

The only good network drama on now is Fringe- if you haven't seen it and are looking for a good drama to watch, check it out!

While we're on the subject, does anyone here watch Dexter? I'm thinking about watching it, but I'm not entirely sure.
over a year ago tuttleAC said…
big smile
Just because I allow men to torture me doesn't mean I'm.... Oh god... O,O what a breakthrough :P

Those positive reviews of the event are actually aren't from critics ever XD

Yeah comedys on networks have gotten better recently. Parks and Rec, a kind of weak Office clone quickly became my favorite comedy last year. I'd strongly recommend it (especially since it's in danger of being cancled.)

And yeas Networks probably won't have a big collection of strong sramas for quite a while. Because Networks need atleast over 5 million viwers to make something like a profid (depending on the time slot) they have to try to appeal to EVERY SINNGLE PERSON AT ONCE. That tends to make them kind of bland and doesn't give writers the creative freedom that they'd get some place like AMC, FX, HBO or Showtime (where once your past the first season you can pretty much take your show anywher you want as long as at least over 1 mil. People are watching. I don't think brodcast networks are too long for this world since all these other cable channels can do more specialized shows for smaller audiences and turn profit and get awards.

Re: dexter. I saw season one a year ago. It was alright. Kind of like House or Monk, a sligtly formulaic detective show with a unique twist. I hear season two is great, season 3 is meh but season 4 is better. It's probably wotth a watch but I find it a little more flawed (they sometimes make dexter too much of a hero forgetting the conflict that he freaking has a NEED to murder people) but it's very watchable.
My two cents:P

Sorry for the long post, I'm recovering from surgery and an only now getting online
Thanks for your two cents, Patrick... much appreciated. :D

Hope your recovery is going well!

"Parks and Rec, a kind of weak Office clone quickly became my favorite comedy last year. I'd strongly recommend it (especially since it's in danger of being cancled.)"

:( I was thinking of watching Parks and Rec, too. Maybe I better start watching it soon.
I don't want to oversell it (calling it my favorite show on networks last year might not be the best start :P)
It's very sweet and has a great cast and goofy jokes. You could probably skip season one if you wanted to but I'd totally say look season 2 uponline when you have a chance. I'm not sure when itll be back on the air, NBC made the stupid decision to make a show I call "The Racist Office" for halff a season beforw it premiers.

But yes, Parks and Rec, I LURVE it!

monkey
Oh I have a The Ev(backwards E)nt spioler for you guys!

The Event of the title is actually....

A Lady Gaga Concet!
Very shocking.

(PS Grazie, very much Marissa!)
Concet?What's that? and what's a spioler?
REPLY NUMBER 815!!!!!!!

THIS IS DESTINY!!!!!THIS IS MY DESTINY!!!I MUST BE DESTINED FOR GREATNESS!!!!!!I AM AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Emm_xD said…
Woah, not been here in a while! How's everyone coping?

THIS IS DESTINY!!!!!THIS IS MY DESTINY!!!I MUST BE DESTINED FOR GREATNESS!!!!!!I AM AMAZING!!!!!!!!!

LOL, you sound a little like Jack there ;) congrats!
Heyyy, welcome back! We've been holding weekly meetings where we all just wondered where you are. I even started making flyers :P

Or wait. Are you asking how we're coping without LOST anymore?
Don't you speak his name,Pat-Cat.

You told me yourself you hated him,and your icon proves it,I still have to explain to him why don't you love him so don't you say his name!
"The Event of the title is actually....

A Lady Gaga Concet!
Very shocking."

AHHHH, I AM SO SCARED AND SHOCKED!!!! Does Lady GaGa's music kill a whole bunch of innocent people or something?!?!?!?! :P

"How's everyone coping?"

Well, in recent months, everyone here has gone crazy. Or maybe we were all crazy from start, seeing as this originated as a "support group". :P

"THIS IS DESTINY!!!!!THIS IS MY DESTINY!!!I MUST BE DESTINED FOR GREATNESS!!!!!!I AM AMAZING!!!!!!!!!"

Aw, we have our very own Locke!
LOST is a him? I wouldn't have guessed...

And no, no ones dies at the Lady Gaga concert. It's just about a buch of people trying to get there. And everytime their close there's a cliff hanger.
It's "They're close",pat-cat.and a "Bunch"

you need keyboard tutor lessons,I give them for free,just for 6$ an hour.

I'm not sure it's safe for you to "tutor" anyone.
*shudders at the thought*
I know how into "punishment" you are, and I doubt your methods are legal in the US. Remember, "No means no!"
I meant to teach you how to type quickly and flawlessly on the keyboard.

But after second thoughts,screw you.

What would you expect from a guy who listens to Lady Gaga(and probably masturbates for her)?

You Freak!
Wow, have I not been here for a while or has everyone just been yapping away? lol

Okay, Patrick got his two cents, now I get mine:

I didn't watch much of Dexter (there's not enough time in a day, people!), but the bits I did watch I thought were great. If I had time to really sink my teeth into a show, Dexter would be on my top five list.
And I hate Parks and Rec. I watched season one because it was on before The Office (which has also really gone downhill - I miss the good old days. Why do Americans have to run show into the ground?) and I thought it was terrible. Bad jokes, not many likeable (or believable) characters, and really it was predictable.
In fairness, I didn't watch season two. I just couldn't bring myself to. So hey, mabye it's better. And I'm biased becasue I can't stand Amy Pohler. I just don't think she's funny.

I'm sort of looking forward to Detroit 187 (or whatever it's called - that new cop show). I'm Canadian, but I lived very close to Detroit, go there a lot, know people from there, watch the Detroit news... it'll be cool to see it on tv, even if the show isn't great, lol.

And guys, Hawaii Five-O has DDK! We all have to watch it for him!!!

And no, no ones dies at the Lady Gaga concert. It's just about a buch of people trying to get there. And everytime their close there's a cliff hanger.
I CAN'T WAIT TO WATCH THIS SHOW!
oh wait, it was a joke?
nevermind.
I hate it when you talk about things I don't know,Stop that!

And it's "Maybe"not "Mabye" and "Because" not "Becasue" You too need Tutor lessons.
i told you i can't spell! lol
"And it's "Maybe"not "Mabye" and "Because" not "Becasue" You too need Tutor lessons."

Looks like you also need a tutor, alismouha. You not only used the wrong "two", but you are also missing some spaces and punctuation. ;)
Why should character's have to be believable to be endearing?

Regardless, I liken season one of Parks and Rec to season one of the American Office. A misstep in that they decided to poorly remake a show they had no business being, as opposed to finding their own voice (which thankfully they both did). But damn was season two great stuff. Easily the most consistent fully realized comedy of last season.
So would it be best to just skip season one of Parks and Rec?
I'll take your word for it. But hey, just my opinion.

And it's not that characters have to be endearing persay, but I want to believe they might actaully exist, especially in a "mockumentary" style. But I remember watching Parks and Rec and thinking "who talks like that? why would she stay with that guy? who does that?"
Compare that to The Office, where Dwight and Michael did ridiculous things all the damn time, but I bought it. Somehow, it worked.
And I do want to relate, or at least synpathize with at least one of the characters - it's what keeps you connected. A show can have the greatest plot in the world, but if you don't care about what happens to the characters, who cares?
^I agree... it is very difficult to become interested in a story if you cannot relate to the characters in some way. Without great characters, you really cannot have a great plot since plot is usually driven by character motives.
Looks like you also need a tutor, alismouha. You not only used the wrong "two", but you are also missing some spaces and punctuation

Too means you too,you also,and I've not missed any spaces/punctuation.

And you typed a double "you are" a couple of pages back.

The three of you need tutoring

You're not in my level anymore,I'm gonna have to leave at the next mistake.

Edit:Oh yes,Pop and Rap are Garbage,like it or not!
"Too means you too,you also,and I've not missed any spaces/punctuation."

In that case, you're still wrong because you needed two commas- one before and one after "too". This is what your statement should have looked like:

"And it's "Maybe", not "Mabye", and "Because", not "Becasue". You, too, need tutor lessons."

At least the rest of us admit our mistakes. ;)
cool
Spelling is for chumps, anyways. I always have my monkey bulters do all my splling and grammer work for me.
But they fail the "Splling" sometimes.

Yes,I have nothing to talk about,and I'm bored out of my mind,I have to wait until the end of the week to get the Playstation move.

Please talk about something that I know,you should compliment me,after all that I've done for the butlers.
Anyone catch Henry Ian Cusick on Law & Order SVU? I thought he was brilliant, as usuak :)

link
On that not, anyoen know what the other Lost actors are up to?
Sawyer will be doing Marvel movies.

I got my old Laptop back!Yay!
Marvel movies? Like, as in super heroes?
I could deffinatly see Josh Holloway as a superhero!

Just for the sake of getting s conversation started, is there anything you'd really like to see a certain Lost actor in? Any part you think they would be perfect for?
I'd love to see Henry playing an everyman in any role.

And Terry,maybe an old war hero on his deathbed,that'd be nice

P.S:I loathe his role in Hitman,it was an awful part in an awful movie,Yuk!
crying
My laptop's Adapter caught on fire!No computer once again.DX
I don't have a computer right now, either. I have to save up to buy a new one. I have no idea why, but I really want to see Michael Emerson guest star on Community.
^ that would be AWESOME.
the return of Dr. Linus, anyone?
Me,me! *raises hand*
Breaking news:Josh Holloway has accepted his first mission following his stint as James 'Sawyer' Ford on Lost.

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Holloway will play one of the members of agent Ethan Hunt's (Tom Cruise) Impossible Mission Force team in Mission: Impossible IV. Otherwise, no story or character details were revealed.

Read more: link
Very cool!
*Stands on Lost's grave mourning,puts some flowers on it.*
aw, did this forum die? :(

*puts flowers on the Monkey Bulter grave and mourns, after morning Lost (again)*
The monkey butler is not dead! This is just a break. ;). I don't have a computer right now, and I will not be getting a new one until the end of November, so I'm not on here as much.
We don't blame thee,Courtney,Lost is over,Lost is gone,Lost is Lost.

*Breaks into tears*