Lost General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
[b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b]

--- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

Lost 933 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 933

over a year ago Emm_xD said…
so who is this? is it esua(black smoke)

My bet is on Easu, yes.
and Marissa:

In Sideways Lost, is coffee a good thing? Juilet says "we should get coffee sometime" and Desmond and Penny go out and "get coffee".
I have no idea what this means - or if it means anything - but this is just another thing that seems to be flipped around.

I TOTALLY AGREE! Coffee/orange juice do play a major part in Lost, I'm telling you, lol. Pretty much all the couples have had something to do with coffee. Like you said, there's Sawyer & Juliet, Desmond & Penny... but there's also Rose & Bernard (in SOS) and Jack & Kate (in Eggtown).

I really, really like your theory about it!

Oh, and one more thing... if it's even possible, I feel more sorry for Locke than ever! First he gets his kidney stolen and pushed out of a building by his own father, gets shot by Ben Linus, gets strangled by Ben Linus, gets possessed by a smoke monster and now run over! Give the man a break xD
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago dalylfc said…
i cant help thinking desmond is going to be the new jacob we are all stuck on the candidate's thinking its going to be one of them! what if at the end it resets the plane so it never crashes! but obviously this is why they still feel something.desmond is triggering there memories so they will go back to the island and continue one massive loop starting it all again!
over a year ago marissa said…
and ILANA? ILANA?! Why? Every character I love they kill.

I AGREE COMPLETELY.

We're going to have to start "hating" the characters we love so that they can live.
Hear that, Darlton? I hate Desmond! And Sun! And Jin! And Ben! And Hurley! And Frank! And Miles! And The Triangle!
Hate them!!!

Also... what colour shirt was Des wearing in this episode? Please tell me the colour on my tv is wrong and it's not red.
over a year ago tuttleAC said…
Well heres a decent thing i feel i have to point out. Dr. Change (yay!) appeared to give hurley the trophy. Well if Jughead really split the timelines Chang would probably remember that Hugo was one of his sons friends that traveled back in time to warn him about the incident.
So what exactly split the timelines? And theres the whole island being underwater...
over a year ago Steve_McQueen64 said…
When the statue was underwater in the alt universe it was still only the foot, so Richard must have still been on it, and the Dharma stuff was still there, so they must have been on it... so why is Dr. Chang in the alt universe? And what about Richard, does he not get an alt universe life?
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
I just finished watching the episode. I thought it was pretty good overall, but here are some of my thoughts:

- I am a bit miffed that Desmond was pushed down a well. Nobody should hurt Des like that- ever. D:

- Like a few other people have already posted, I do feel bad for Locke for being run over by car, in addition to all the other trauma he has experienced. However, Desmond had good reason to do it, and I doubt Locke's condition is any worse than it was before.

- Any scene with teacher Ben makes me smile. :D

- It was nice to see someone besides Sawyer show some remorse for Juliet, even though I don't think Jack is to blame for her death.

- It was really cool to see both Libby and Michael again! However, after teaching Romeo and Juliet for weeks now, it was extremely odd for me not to see him like this:
I just finished watching the episode. I thought it was pretty good overall, but here are some of my t
"Any scene with teacher Ben makes me smile. :D"
agreed!

also, LOL at that picture!
Is that picture of Michael? :O
^Yes, it is! Well, it's the actor who plays Michael as Mercutio in Romeo + Juliet. Too bad you can't see his sparkly dress and high heels in this pic.
No that was a picture from the flashback to Michael's crazy college days... he would be so embarrassed if WAAAALT ever saw that.
^well then, he better not tell WAAALT about what he did to Romeo that night- he gave Romeo some acid (and may have done some other stuff, too)
Michael had crazy college days? Now there's a shock! Maybe he was playing truth or dare with Sawyer and Jin... now THAT would be interesting!
Okay, it's getting down to the wire.
Lets see... bets I have going so far
1. I bet Marissa all my monkey butlers Des won't die
2. I also bet her Juliet isn't Davids mom for the same amount.

Bets i'd like to add to that: I'll bet anything that Jin is toast before the end of the show. Also I'm totally expecting Smokey will get off the island, not necisarily for good but we will see him leave, i'm positive it's gotta happen (that and i really want it to :P) Any takers? We can negotiate the imaginary stakes ;D
Blaaah! No, not Jin!
Although, I have the same horrible feeling that he's a goner. I worried about it last season, too. It just seems too perfectly tragic not to have him go. I'm betting he finally meets up with Sun (what has it been... like, seven seasons since they've seen each other?) and then dies to save her or something. :(
But there's always the sideways world!

As for Des dying... I dunno, I'm on the fence with that one now. He's such a fan favourite, but what's all this "the Island isn't done with you/you must make a sacrifice" stuff?
But Patrick, Juliet is David's mother! I just know it! Look at those eyes! lol
Nah, not Jin. NOT JIN. After Boone, Ana, Charlie and now Ilana that would be a huge slap in the face! lol

and Patrick, I'm afraid I'm with Marissa on this one. Juliet IS David's mother :P

(although I'm still bargaining for Boone... I mean seriously, those eyes O_O)
Hmmm... I'll believe it when I see it. (Juliet+David)

^I don't see how Jin in particular is a slap in the face. You could say that about any character besides Kate right now. Unless you mean because of the inevitable Sun and Jin reunion? But obviously thats gonna happen before he kicks the bucket.

My other death predictions... Sawyer, Claire?, Widmore?, Ben?(but i feel he's too obvious), Richard?. Sawyer is the only one besides Jin i'd seriously bet on, but i'm positive sawyer will make it to the finale before X_X.

Edit: And i feel the need to point out I don't want either to die even though i'll be amazed if I predicted both right :P
Honestly when Jin was walking past the fence I was waiting for his head to explode XD

Hmmm... I expected alotta dissections up here already. I'll leave that to someone more excited and less busy listening to the radio to say every cool or awesome thing that happened, but heres the two things I got out of The Last Recruit.

1. This really felt like hour one of a two part episode. Lotta cool things set up that won't pay off in any way until next episode. Which is... two weeks away!? :(

2. You know I like MIB and only started liking Jack this season so the first and last scenes were a treat for me. I'm glad Jack has seen the light. Only every decision he's ever made in his adult life has been wrong, so theres no way Damon and Carlton are going to end it with him doing so again.

3.(This is only occuring to me) Man in Black leading jack to water? No way they had it figured out exactly what was going on with the whole Jacob rivalry and crazy ghosts on the island way back when. So kudos to them for working this all together over the course of the show.
(although I'm still bargaining for Boone... I mean seriously, those eyes O_O)
You know, Lost has done crazier things...

Was anyone else a bit disapointed with this episode? The promos where great, but nothing really happened. It's sort have been like that all season. All the Losties seem to be doing is walking around and waiting and then walking around and waiting... when is something going to HAPPEN? There are only four episodes left, people!

That being said, it really wasn't a bad episode. One of the coolest parts was Sun looking over at Locke as they were brought into the hospital. Did she have Island-flashes, too?
And I'm proud of Jack for leaving. He's sticking to his guns. With Mocke going around saying that Locke was a "sucker", its nicet o see someone still has faith in him... and even nicer that that person is Jack.

Now, who else thinks Jack is going to make Locke walk again in the sideways world? Just my theory, lol.

Man in Black leading jack to water? No way they had it figured out exactly what was going on with the whole Jacob rivalry and crazy ghosts on the island way back when. So kudos to them for working this all together over the course of the show.
I agree. But I also think MIB was lying. I don't trust him at all.This guy wasn't leading Jack to water, or that's not all he was doing. He was messing with Jack. He knew that the way to get to him was through his father, in the same way that Jacob knew that telling Hurley to say "you have what it takes" would get to him. Why was he doing this? No idea. But I still don't trust him.

Now, does anyone else LOVE David? He's so cute! When he and Jack were both walking down the hall at the hospital in their matching suits and in sync walk, I couldin't help but think "awww, baby Shepard!"

On a completly different note, did anyone else think Crazy-Claire's mean face is so cute? Emilie de Ravin just can't look mean! lol. I'll see if I can find a picture of it.
And speaking of Claire, what was Sideways Desmond's deal? Why did he want Claire tos ee the laywer (Ilana!) so badly? Did he know she'd meet Jack there? Can he see the future again? Was he just looking out for her?
Also, what's with Sideways Claire and going with random strangers? When she was hesitant to go with Desmond, all I could think was "come on, you hitched a ride with a carjacker who held a gun to your head and then gave her your credit card! and you won't go see a laywer?"

And Sun and Jin reunited! That was very sweet, if short lived. And I'm so glad Sun's baby lived in the sideways world :)
Honestly when Jin was walking past the fence I was waiting for his head to explode XD

LOL! I thought that, too! When they were running towards each other, I honestly thought "oh no... they're totally dead! they're dead! I hope they have ear plugs in!"
Sorry I'm kind of flooding this forum, but I have a question, lol.

This episode was called "The Last Recruit", right?
...who was the last recruit?
I wouldn't say nothing happened, we just had a lot of things half happening with out any of the pay-off. Thats why I feel like it was the first hour of two part episode, but i get where your coming from.

"I agree. But I also think MIB was lying. I don't trust him at all.This guy wasn't leading Jack to water, or that's not all he was doing. He was messing with Jack. He knew that the way to get to him was through his father, in the same way that Jacob knew that telling Hurley to say "you have what it takes" would get to him. Why was he doing this? No idea. But I still don't trust him."

Well he was obviously helping jack and the survivors because he needed them to live, get off the island and bring Locke back. Same reason he unchained Richard and gave him water.

And I did catch the inherent cuteness of Jack and David walking in step down the hall. :P
I thought the episode was good. But... argh. We have four episodes left. Just FOUR! And nothing major has happened yet :/

My other death predictions... Sawyer, Claire?, Widmore?, Ben?(but i feel he's too obvious), Richard?. Sawyer is the only one besides Jin i'd seriously bet on, but i'm positive sawyer will make it to the finale before X_X.

I think Sawyer, too. Or maybe Jack (he was supposed to die in the pilot, so...). And any major death now will probably be a heroic one, lol.

Anyone else catch Jack talking about Locke's dural sac? He "ripped open" that 16 year old girl's dural sac on his first solo procedure. Let's hope he doesn't do the same with Locke :S
Anyone else catch Jack talking about Locke's dural sac?
Yeah, I caught that :D

You know what? I've sort of readied myself for Jack's death. I'm almost expecting it. I'm prepared. But Sawyer? I've never been particularly attached to that character, but... I would be heartbroken if he died!
His character really went through a lot of changes and he really is a different and better person for it. Jack changed, too, but I'm not sure I'd say he was a "better" man, you know? Just a different man with a different philosophy. But Sawyer? He went from the Southern jerk to the ultimate good guy!

Dear Darlton, please don't kill Sawyer! Or Jin! I don't think I could stand it!
[i]Anyone else catch Jack talking about Locke's dural sac?[/i]
Yeah, I caught that :D

You know wh
Also, can I just say:
OMG THE BANNER.
I just finished watching the episode. I'm not sure how I feel about it. Some parts of it were really good (such as Sun and Jin finally reuniting), but it really dragged at certain points.

"This episode was called "The Last Recruit", right?
...who was the last recruit? "

I am going to guess Jack. Claire tried telling Jack that he was with fake Locke early in the episode, but he disagreed. However, the episode ended with Locke saving Jack from the explosions and telling him that he was now on their side, possibly making him the "last recruit" to fake Locke's team.
over a year ago alismouha said…
angry
Personally,I think this episode was a huge letdown.

In fact,It was The worst Lost episode of all time!(After "Stranger in a strange land"Of course)

It's like someone tried to copy Lost but failed Big time!

+They Put Lost on a 1 week Hiatus

It's not an Episode to be put before a hiatus in the Final season.

I like the banner BTW.
I can't help but notice how Jack, The Last Recruit, is now pretty much the only recruit. Although it seems pretty obvious Jack is mostly interested in getting answers and understanding his destiny, not so much getting Smokey off the island.

^I wouldn't say the worst by a longshot. Just because it's taking it's time bringing the characters together in the Sideways and getting them where they need to be for the island endgame.

I'd rather have them devote an episode to moving the story forward so they don't have to deal with characters switching sides and coming together killing the momentum of the climax of the series.
I'd rather have them devote an episode to moving the story forward so they don't have to deal with characters switching sides and coming together killing the momentum of the climax of the series.

Same. I'm just really hoping it all pays off in the end.
Actually they're just gonna do a Sopranos. Except instead of having the last few seconds be ambiguous it's gonna cut to black in the middle of the next episode! Then the screen is just gonna be totally empty and silent for the rest of the episodes!
Actually they're just gonna do a Sopranos.
LOL

I'm actually betting on some kind of ending like that. Like, Flocke opens his mouth to finally explain all the mysteries of the Island when it just cuts to black.
Then we hear Sawyer say, "son of a bitch."
Can you just imagine how many pissed-off Lost fans there would be if they had a Sopranos-like ending? LOL

I remember watching a video about the Lost series finale a few years (which I cannot find now, most likely because it's been taken off the net) that had an ending similar to the ones mentioned here. It ended with Ben, tied up to a tree, about to tell Sayid all the secrets of the island, only to be cut off right as he began to speak.

This same video also had Kate and Sawyer walking on the beach and talking about who she was going to choose. She said Jack, he asked why, and she explained that he had a "bigger boat." It then cut to Capt. Jack Sparrow on top of the Black Pearl. Personally, I would be OK if the triangle ended this way. :P
It will probably cut to black right before we find out if Jack is gonna get whacked as he's having onion rings with all his friends, and then suddenly David will walk in as.... hmmm... what should be the song playing in the final scene of LOST?

But seriously it's gonna be much more like the BSG finale, it's either gonna be great and everyone loves it, or it'll be just okay and everyone will be WAYY WAY to pissed off and act like it was the worst thing they ever saw in their life and it ruins the show and their belief in the fact that there is any good in the world and it's strong evidence in the argument that god doesn't exist! (I liked BSG's ending by the way :P)
LOL at the Soprano's ending. I might actually like that :P

Dear Darlton, please don't kill Sawyer! Or Jin! I don't think I could stand it!

SAME!

OMG THE BANNER

lol! Thanks :D
Does anyone else miss Charlotee and Dan? I mean, they were like the cutest couple ever... but they didn't even get a chance to be a couple!
I will confess I would like to see them together one last time in the sideways. It would serve no story purpose but it'd be damned neat. Maybe Doctor Love AKA Car-Hittington the 2nd (Desmond) will work his magic love powers on them.
Or he'll just hit them with a car. You know... which ever is more fun.
I loved Dan and Charlotte, so of course I want to see them again! But I have a feeling that Dan has already "seen" her, so Desmond would probably only have to hit Charlotte with the car. ;)
Car-Hittington the 2nd
lol. I'll never call him Desmond again.

Question:
Does anyone remember waaaay back when when Sawyer was "posessed" by Kate's dead father's ghost?
What the heck was up with that?
^Whaaat? I definitely do not remember that. When did that happen?
over a year ago TmoVie_obsessed said…
Does anyone remember waaaay back when when Sawyer was "posessed" by Kate's dead father's ghost?
----
I remember that!!! That was the episode with the horse right? "What Kate Did"
I don't think possessed is quite the right term. It may have seemed like that but all Sawyer really said was a delirious "why did you kill me". It may have been the island trying to... freak kate out? Or like Locke says in the story about his sisters death and his mom finding that dog, it could just be a coincidence and she was just projecting her past onto the random blatherings of fever crazy Sawyer. (I watched the first two seasons a while ago... don't give me that look!)
I remember, but I don't think Wayne actually possessed Sawyer LOL. Kate was just being Kate, I think... :P
I don't know if any of you guys have seen this, but how much does this biblical story make sense?!?!?

"Isaac and Rebekah were married. And Isaac loved his new wife, but for many years they had no children.

Finally, Isaac asked God to give Rebekah a baby. God answered Isaac's prayex and Rebekah became pregnant, but before her baby was born she grew concerned and asked God what was wrong. "Two nations are within you," said God. "The older will serve the younger." Then Rebekah had twins. The first was named Esau and the second, Jacob.

As the boys grew older, Esau became a skilled hunter who loved to spend time outdoors. But Jacob was quieter; he preferred to stay close to home.

One evening, Jacob made stew. Esau came home and said, "Hurry up, give me some of your stew. I'm starving!"

"I'll trade you some stew for your birthright," said Jacob as he stirred the pot. "Then I'll be like the oldest."

"Fine!" said Esau. "My birthright is worthless if I die from hunger!" So Esau gave Jacob his birthright.

Years later, Isaac grew old and weak and blind. He knew he would soon die, so he called to Esau and said, "Go hunt me some wild game, then come and prepare me a tasty meal. After that I will give you my blessing."

Rebekah heard Isaac and grew concerned. Jacob was her favorite son, and she wanted him to have Isaac's blessing. Rebekah called Jacob and told him her idea. "Hurry and bring me two goats; I'll prepare your father's favorite meal. Then you can serve it to him and get Esau's blessing." "But he'll know I'm not Esau," said Jacob. "Esau is hairy; my skin is smooth." So Rebekah wrapped goatskins on Jacob's arms, and Jacob set the meal before Isaac. When Isaac finished eating, he gave Jacob the blessing. When Esau discovered that Jacob had tricked him, he yelled so loud that the walls of the tent shook! He wanted to kill his brother! Rebekah begged Isaac to send Jacob to her family. Isaac agreed. But Esau was still very angry..."

I mean COME ON, lol. I knew Lost was quite religious, but this is pretty much based on Jacob and MIB!
^Very interesting, Em. I figured the island's Jacob was at least somewhat based on the biblical Jacob, but it's been a very long time since I last heard that story. There definitely is a connection there.

Soooo, what did everyone think of last night's episode? lol, j/k. :P
over a year ago alismouha said…
hmmm
Can't believe it's Thursday and we have nothing to talk about!
I called up a friend on Wednesday who always watches it on hulu the day after and started with "You won't believe who died! You know who i've been saying will die all season!? Well i won't say if they did or not but i'm an AWESOME guesser!"
^Who have you been saying is going to die all season? :P
Jin :P It seems like many of my posts have been about this. BTW... Jin is totally gonna die next episode I can feel it.
Jin is totally gonna die next episode I can feel it.

*begins weeping in advance*

And Em, really good story! Thanks for posting!
If MIB really is Esau, it would make a lot of sense. It kinda makes you feel bad for him, doesn't it?
I REALLY hope you have bad psychic skills, Patrick! lol

It kinda makes you feel bad for him, doesn't it?
Yeah, it does :/ it also makes me wonder what makes MIB so (supposedly) evil... gah, this is making me question Jacob! What is going on?!?! lol