Lost General Episode Discussion (aka, the Monkey Buttler Action).

marissa posted on Jan 23, 2010 at 03:55AM
We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.

--- *** ---

With the help of the awesome Lost Fans, we have managed to stay away from those evil spoilers!

Now, feel free to come on over and talk about what the heck we've just seen on Lost.

Got a question? A theory? A comment?
Well, my time-travelling friends, you've come to the right place.
[b]We've done it, guys. It's done, but we'll always be Lost. Remember, and let go.[/b]

--- *** ---
last edited on Jun 08, 2010 at 03:34PM

Lost 933 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 933

over a year ago marissa said…
laugh
omg, Smiles! That's so cute :)
omg, Smiles! That's so cute :)
over a year ago TmoVie_obsessed said…
laugh
Look at all the chemistry in that picture!!! Beautiful!
I think that since it's the last season they're in a rush to get Sawyer with as many people on the show as possible.
Yup. Next stop, Hurley.
It's a can't-miss episode.
over a year ago tuttleAC said…
Spoiler :P
Jacob is touching everyone and giving them SUPERPOWERS! They will all eventually realize they have these powers and return to the world so that they can join Hiro and the Cheerleader and create a super friends club to fight Sylar. Oh yeah... Lost is actually a Side-quel to Heroes ;)
over a year ago alismouha said…
cool
Spoilers of Ep9"Ab Aeterno"

***Please,if you haven't seen it don't go any further***

***Don't make me feel guilty***

*Last Chance*

SO DRAMATIC AND SAD FLASHBACK!!I really felt sorry for Richard,his back-ground story is like something out of a 70s Epic Movie.

and I also Really loved his "Devil" and "Hell" issues.

The Scene where he spoke 2 his dead wife was so sweet!feels like a Ghost Whisperer Episode!(I only watched a couple of episodes of it)

I liked the part of his flashback where he was still back home the most!!

He got everything stolen from him(His wife,His Freedom,His Redemption,and last but not least,his soul)

and The final scene where MiB Smashes the bottle of black wine was so Symbolic(That he was gonna get out of the bottle himself soon enough)

What do you think?
last edited over a year ago
I know, poor Richard!
He was just not having a good month, was he?

So, I got to thinking about the drinks offered to Richard in this episode (drinks have always been pretty important - think the whole coffee/orange juice thing).

MIB offered him water. Water is pure, necessary to live, etc, etc. Basically, it's a good thing.
Jacob offered him wine. Alcohol - something that would cloud his mind and affect his judegment. So, a bad thing. Right...? Or was it a Jesus reference, with the whole "water into wine" thing? There was a lot of Christianity in this episode, so it would kind of make sense...

I dunno, I'm still trying to figure out who I trust.

But for now, I think I'm on Team Jacob.
(no, not that Team Jacob.)
over a year ago Emm_xD said…
I think that's now my 2nd favourite episode of Lost, ever!

Poor Richard. The Isabella storyline was just awesome, and so unexpected.

There was a lot of Christianity in this episode, so it would kind of make sense...
gah, I dunno... it does make sense but this is Lost. Maybe MIB giving Richard water was to make it seem as though he was being sincere and Jacob giving him wine was just to... I dunno, mix things up a little. The same thing could apply with the good/evil black/white thing :S

And I can't believe the island is a "cork". I had read a tiny spoiler (by accident, I swear to Jacob! lol) about the island being a four letter word and I thought "ooh, maybe it's cork. But what the hell does that have to do with Lost?" LOL.

and how amazing was the Jacob/Easu scene at the end? I'm still in awe!
over a year ago hayley_pace said…
oh no oh no oh no oh no!!
there's a fan pick that practically says who adam and eve are!
oh no oh no!!!!
i HATE it how things from the most recent episodes aren't spoilers are marked as spoilers on picks!! i always click on the spoiler picks figuring they were from the most recent episode, but NO this was a spoiler!! :((((
can we PLEASE stop marking non spoilers are spoilers so I can answer picks about the recent episodes without being spoiled?
if you haven't seen the episode yet DON'T GO ON LOST FANSITES that's what I do!
sorry for the angry rant...i'm just really upset!!
and how amazing was the Jacob/Easu scene at the end? I'm still in awe!

Two words: EPIC.
I'm with Hayley on probably thinking there should be a definitive a definitive spoiler/previous episode courtesy rule.

Also I'll confess I may have contributed to this forum getting way off topic kinda (with fake spoilers and the concept of Monkey Butlers XD) but has it just turned into the previous episode rehash thread? I'm just suggesting a new general discussion thread or another name change :P

But yeah last nights episode kicked my teeth in! It could have easily been another hour and with the same amount of into and i'd have been content.
over a year ago Steve_McQueen64 said…
*more spoilers if you haven't seen the episode*

Richard episode was AMAZING! It was like the writters took all of the fan based theories about Richard coming on the island as a slave on the Black Rock and made them real! I loved the character of Isabella and Hurley conversation with her to Richard, it was so heart breaking!
And now we know what the island is!!! *dose a happy dance* Or we kind of do! But still, it's better than nothing! The last scene, when Jacob gives MIB the bottle of wine, and he smashes it, I think it kind of shows how Jacob is the good guy trying to keep the wine/evil inside the bottle, while MIB just smashes it open, though I still love his eveilness :)
And about the spoliers thing, I accidently clicked on the adam/eve pick too because I just thought it was about last nights episode, the way spiolers are labeled on picks needs to be fixed...
I'm just suggesting a new general discussion thread or another name change :P
All right, anyone have any topic ideas? I'm down for that.

And just a note on MIB smashing the bottle: does this means he intends the destroy the Island? Is that how he'll get off?
Maybe that's why it's underwater in the Sideways World - Smokey destroyed the Island is now free?
I dunno.

Also, sidenote: how the heck did a hallow, wooden boat smash a solid rock statue?!?!?
All right, anyone have any topic ideas?
You could make another forum with something like "General Episode Discussion"? Or just change the name of this thread, lol.

Is that how he'll get off?
I doubt he intends to destroy the island - I think he just wants to get away from it.

how the heck did a hallow, wooden boat smash a solid rock statue?!?!?
LMAO LMAO. I was thinking the same thing! :P
Oh, and about the spoilers... yup, I agree :/

People who haven't seen the recent episodes yet should just stay away from all sites until they have seen it. Or at least just away from the Lost spot, lol. I keep getting confused.
^^ I agree. But what about people in other parts of the world, when episodes might be aired on different days? Are we just gunna keep up with the American episodes?
ppl can watch these episodes online like I do.

and if they can't then they shouldn't be reading pages like this or even go on the net until they've seen it.

and about the statue,i think the black rock didn't smash it,it just knocked it over(Except the foot)and it smashed on impact.

What could smash such a statue other than the Acceleration of Gravity?
I dunno... I was thinking something crazy like Jughead blew it up or something... not that that makes any sense, lol
Then again, how did a wooden boat fly through the air, not get itself smashed to bits when it hit the statue (even if it did just knock it over), and land so far into the jungle? I have a hard time believing that a wave could do that without destroying most of the treeline near the beach, and just placing the boat in the jungle without smashing it on inpact. Then again, it is the Island...
^ I totally agree.
I'm also so confused.
this is the biggest twist in the season yet.

I always thought that the black rock landed there because the island moved and re-appeared right under it.

and about Tawaret I Thought she broke after Jughead.

But this explanation is very satisfying!
WELCOME BACK DESMOND.

WE MISSED YOU.
My prediction:
Sun goes to the hospital and is worked on by Jack - this is how we're gunna find out who David's mother is.
Also, Desmond is going to die. The promo for next weel didn't look promising. Bagpipes playing Amazing Grace? I'm worried.
worried
^ And now you've got me worried! Des can't die! D:
But I do really want to find out who David's mother is, I'm not sure that's going to happen, I think it's one of those mysteries we may never answer... but I do agree that we will see Jack at the hospital.
And about last night's episode... I believe Sayid is officially gone. But I still have a hope for Claire, because she still loves Aaron even though Sayid feels no love at all. But I have a sad feeling that Claire is going to die soon :"(
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
"WELCOME BACK DESMOND.

WE MISSED YOU."

HELL YES.

I was so bored this episode until Desmond showed up, which, of course, was the end. :(
DESMOND BETTER NOT DIE!
Nah. No way Des would die. Although I did tell someone I was 100% sure Sun or Jin would die the other night... and Sayid during the Sayid episode. Wait... I'm always wrong.

DESMOND IS A GONER! ABANDON HOPE! AGHH!!
NOOO! NOT DES! NO!

What would we do without a handsome Scottish dude parading around in a blue shirt?!?!

:(
Well he was wearing a red shirt when he got off the sub right?
By star trek rules he HAS to die now :(
^^ it's true!
oh man....... IT JUST CANT BE!
over a year ago courtney7488 said…
The shirt wasn't red... it only looked that way because it was so dark outside. ;)
really? Man, I hope so. But still, I'm worried.
Don't they play Amazing Grace at funerals? (That was the song int he preview, right?) And, I mean, it was BAGPIPES, so it must have been for Des! lol
And wasn't Widmore saying something about sacrifice? I don't really remember, I just remember thinking "No! Not Des! First Charlie, then Dan, now this? Why, Darlton, why?!?!"

But anyways, what did you guys think of "Tha Package"? I thought it was pretty good, but not awesome. I did like Sun's mini freak-out, though. It was good to see that old kick-butt Sun back :)
Also, in the Sideways world, Sun is pregnant. I thought she and Jin couldn't concieve? Is this is just another "difference" or is the baby not Jin's?
And HOW SAD was it to watch Jin look at pictures of Ji Yeon! Broke my next-gen loving heart! lol
And why was he in Room 23? Any reason, or were they just holding him there? It was cool to see it again, anyway.

Here's my prediction: Jin takes Sun to Jack's hospital, which is how we'll a) find out Sun and Jin's fate and b) find out who David's mother is. (Though I'm willing to bet a million bucks it's Juliet.)

Anyways, I'M EXCITED FOR NEXT WEEK.
I still don't see why everyone is convinced Des is gonna die and Juliet is the mother. Tell you what, Marissa, if either of those happen you win my entire supply of monkey butlers!

But yeah I'll say it's a pretty good bet Jin is fertile in the sideways.

Am I the only one that kind of expected the Package to be Desmond? I was half expecting it to be Aaron Ji Yeon and Des. Kind of a convenient way to get all of those players back on the playing field.
I don't think in 'The Package' in the AU it was Sun and Jin's baby, I think it was that other bald Korean man's baby, which is why she is pregnant off the island.
Tell you what, Marissa, if either of those happen you win my entire supply of monkey butlers!
YOU'RE ON. :D

Am I the only one that kind of expected the Package to be Desmond?
Yeah, I was 90% sure it was Des. This is kind of how my night went:

Me: Hey, you know how they had that locked room on the sub?
Mom: huh?
Me: The one Sawyer found?
Mom: Oh yeah. I love Sawyer.
Me: I know. Anyways, ten bucks says that Desmond is what's in there. That's the package!
Me: What? That's crazy talk!

* a few minutes later *

Widmore: The package isn't a what... it's a who!
Me: Desmond! I called it!
Mom: *gasp!* No! You must have read something on the internet!
Me: I SWEAR I didn't!
Mom: You did! You did!
Me: I'm off spoilers! I even started a support group!
Mom: Shhh. Sawyer is on tv.
Steve, you mean the guy she was having an affair with before? I think his name was something like Jae Lee or something...
That would be a twist!
Bahahaha... SHHH!!!...Sawyer is taking his shirt off. Don't ruin this for me :P
No,it can't be Jae's baby because in the FST*,Sun can't speak English(Which is why she knew him in the first place in the OT**)and also Sun and Jin are merely having an affair(Not married or even engaged)so she has no reason to cheat on him because there's barely even anything between them.

*Flash-Sideways Timeline
**Original Timeline
Just a guess, I still think it's Jae's baby. Maybe they knew each other some other way than english lessons, like when their parents set them up, which is one of the reasons why Sun wanted to run away with Jin.
But in that explanation it sounds like sun was more a ho than a worried house wife looking for escape from her doomed marriage.

Although if Sawyer turned into a cop Sun may have turned into a promiscuous lady :P The Flash sideways version of Kate on the island if you will :D

But i just don't think it works thematically or that they'd be able to properly convey the info in the few episodes we have left.
The Flash sideways version of Kate on the island if you will :D
Lol. Poor Kate, will she ever get any love?

But I agree, I don't think it's Jae's baby, though that would be a cool twist. But on the Island they're trying to convince us that Sun and Jin are true love!!! and wouldn't the baby not being Jin's sort of undercut that?
crying
Yeah, I guess it wouldn't work to well to be trying to fit that plot twist into what few episodes we have left... I just still can't believe Lost is going to be over so soon :"(
^^same!!

And just throwing this out there: When Karl was in Room 23, the screen said "God loves you as He loved Jacob."

Loved. Has Jacob fallen out of God's good graces? How? When? Why? Is he really the bad guy after all? Is there even a "bad guy"?

After "The Package" and Mocke trying to get Sun to go with him, I trust him less then ever.
Sun: "you killed all those people at the Temple!"
Mocke: "they were confused. I had to kill them because they wouldn't come with me. Now, come with me."
Sun *runs for it*

Smart move Sun, smart move.

But here's something to consider:
In the movie "The Ten Comandments" God sends this black smoke to go and kill all the frst borns (or something like that). Are the Lost writers trying to paralell the Black Smoke and God...?
I don't think so, but I thought I'd throw it out there :P
big smile
I don't think so, but I thought I'd throw it out there :P

lol, it makes sense :)

TONIGHT, PEOPLE!
TONIGHT! *prays Des doesn't die*
*prays as well*
*also prays that he's shirtless, but I don't wanna push it*
Des isn't gonna die :P

They wouldn't have kept him in the main cast only to put him in two or three episodes. That just means they'd have to pay him lotsa moneyz for doing absolutely no work. That and the fact they are just no releasing the cast photo of desmond to the press is kind of a giveaway in my mind.

I'm just saying they probably picked amazing grace because of all the songs you could play on bagpipes, A) it's from his native island, and B) it's one of the few songs that sounds good on bagpipes (few songs do... I can admit it, i'm half scottish :P)

Although killing Desmond could be a fun exercise in seeing how much Darlton could piss off fans :D
*also prays that he's shirtless, but I don't wanna push it*
*ALSO PRAYS THIS*

And Patrick, you're making sense... I'm breathing a sigh of relief!
Although killing Desmond could be a fun exercise in seeing how much Darlton could piss off fans.

Can you imaging the anger? lol!
Although killing Desmond could be a fun exercise in seeing how much Darlton could piss off fans :D

True!
although, if they wanted to do that they could just kill off Charlie - he's a fan favourite. Oh no wait...

:( lol!
*prays for shirtless Kate?* :P
Not a Kate fan but it would be her most interesting plot line all season, and would be a counter balance for all the shirtless guy torso us guys have had to put up with over the years.
big smile
lol!I'm with tuttleAC:D