Huddy The Huddy Void

fran2 posted on Oct 10, 2011 at 01:30PM
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial.
A place for those who are angry.
A place for those who are in acceptance (lucky people!).
A place for all of us, hopeless Huddies, because we do feel that House and Cuddy have been the most incredible couple we’ve ever known and they are always gonna be the most incredible couple we have ever known.

Trying to survive the season 8 and hoping for a season 9 ;-))).....keep talking and keep the flame burning!

Title credit @bh
Pic credit @huddycat69
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial. 
A pl

Huddy 403 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 201-250 of 403

over a year ago Tammy8 said…
I wrote a book and I apologize so I left you with another good video to get back in your good graces. Hopefully between the words and videos we can inspire each other to watch House again with a new fresh perspective.

Love you ladies. @Fran2 @huddycat, @BH, @Mysuspisionis @HughLisaFan @HuddycallinfanC, @Bea, @Belle come one come all but just come.
over a year ago huddycat69 said…
@Tam I really like your analysis of House's character since "Bombshells", it's brilliant. It gave me a new point of view about the first half of season 8, a new trigger to keep on watching this show I used to love beyond all reason. Thank you, my dear friend.

I haven't seen ep 10 yet, but I saw the promo of ep 11 and as the ep 11 of season 7, it promises to be dramatic.

I miss Cuddy in House's "environment" and I hope she'll get back in time.

@HughLisaFan great scenarios

and just to remember...
 @Tam I really like your analysis of House's character since "Bombshells", it's brilliant. It gave me
over a year ago bluehue said…
heart
Sorry such LATE thank yous @mysusp @huddycat & @fran for answering to my Hugh photo, EEKS...12 days ago! Forgive me. Hellooooo @hughlisafan & @tammy too!!

I’m becoming a forum drop-out, really just insane busy...(or just insane).
As Wilson might say, “I still care.” (Honest).

I had a few things to say about last 2-sodes, now I’ve forgotten everything! Grrrr.

Yippie! I see a long comment from @tammy..so will come back soon & read thru recent (H)ouse comments & hopefully jump back in again after next epi, which looks very dark. (Somehow, I think @fran will like it).
P.S. (Laughed this week when House called Foreman “Cuddy dark”).

NICE to (at least) see LE in that one commercial break, with other PPTH cast, doing a mental health service announcement.
Not to make light of the serious, but...NOW, if only David Shore would do a similar spot, like..apologizing for what he has done to the mental health of Huddy fans..assuring us, “It will get better.” Ha.

@hudcat, Aah..love sparks..from the Huddy scrapbook. LOL.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
smile
I will come here next week also but I mostly want to see the Chase episode and Houses mother episode. I looked up the actor who will play the boyfriend of Houses mom and he is Scottish. I think the big twist will be that he is Houses bio dad in a surprise reveal. I think he is either the Sean Connery look alike or House was wrong as to the minister being his father and this man is his bio dad. I do think an arc this year is House learning to take responsibility for his actions. Based on the lukewarm remarks we've gotten about Lisas return every interview I'm hoping that perhaps even if we don't see her in person at the end we see House headed off to apologize to her as part of the "ambiguous" ending they always talk of having. I enjoy talking with you ladies :)
over a year ago fran2 said…
I'm sorry but lately I am in trouble, many problems related to my friends so I' m not in a good mood. As soon as possible I'll read all your comments. Kisses
heart
Just a few more “reading along” notes...

@hughlisafan, In reference to @fran..looking for the “thread” of this season:
Yea, I agree with your “parole arc.” Each epi so far we get to see House’s “ankle bracelet,” his movements monitored or limited by electronic means,
it is another level...though reminds me of how he used to be monitored in a way by Cuddy. What happens now..that he has more freedom?

@mysusp, Ha..enjoyed your ”Dr. House fish” tale too..that (limping) fishy is really a good actor, living up to his namesake..glub, glub.
Looking forward to some episodes you hint at, childhood issues, etc.. Long overdue.

@tammy, Thought provoking long comment. THanks! Excellent examples about House (consciously or subconsciously) trying to set himself up for a (Cuddy) rescue. He so often acted out to get her approval or disapproval, a “detached form of attachment,” if that makes sense, and not the most healthy way to express or find love. And yes also, House is more the stable human when he is distracted or busy distracting himself. I I’m sure we will see him tested again, most likely due to pain..his darkest of clouds hanging over. (Will try to follow along any discussion after next episode).

@fran, Well I am certain that any and all friends..are very fortunate to have you and your way of looking at things. Hugs. See you again (soon) when mood is uplifted. Hugs!

More later...
@Fran2 - You know we can talk about more than just "House" It hurts me to know you are going through so many things. We're here for the good, the bad, and the ugly. You ladies have been my family for the better part of two years. You know we love you. So all talk suspended until you get back.

@BH - I have thought of you a lot and hope that you are doing well. You're a very special lady.

@huddycat - You know how I feel about you. You're my family.

@Mysuspicionis - I remember the first meebo conversation we ever had. You are such a sweet person and very strong.

@hughlisafan - I always love reading your thoughts and can't wait to talk about this episode. I hope you are doing well.

I will wait until everyone is ready. "Nobody's Fault" was definitely an analyzing episode.
heart
@tammy, Thanks kindly. Thought of you too, last Sunday night to be exact, I watched an ADELE concert, “The Artist’s Studio,” on PBS..put me in happy mood..liked her song phrase, “I’m gonna be my own saviour.” Right on!
P.S. Aah, “forum family,” it is. I wonder if someday..I’ll just be talking to myself here, forced to play the parts of each of you. Ha.

SPOILER wee-oo alert ! ! ! ! ! ! !

Just a few “NOBODY’S FAULT” comments..I scratched down while watching.
I tend to dwell on "visual details & objects," hoping others may comment on the actual people..character analysis.

Damn..that was a FULL strength episode!
The documentary style added even more weight upon the already heavy story.
Awarding it 3 A’s: Artful..Atmospheric..Astounding.

...AND that Architecturally beautiful..conference room..the front wall comprised of many rows of small windows, edged in winter cold & ice. Each pane of glass I thought, like a metaphor.. represented a (visual) passage or reflection..at getting into the “heart” of the dark (subject) matter..as the web of intricate relationships.slowly unfolded...only later to cut much deeper and literally..via scalpel blade..straight to the heart of Chase. (Which reminds me..Happy Valentines!).

Memorable lines:
1. House calling vicodin, “vic-a-mins,” Made me chuckle & envision his pills in the shape of “Flintstone” vitamin characters, (USA people will get this).
2. House’s head in heavenly halo, “poetic license,” that was...a nice touch!
3. House’s line, “You say pressure, I say inspire,” (stink bomb prank).
4. Theme of note: “Good things usually happen, bad things sometimes happen.”

I look forward to more "Nobody's Fault" comments from everybody.
sunny
Well I haven't seen the episode but didn't want to not check into fanpop this week! :). Fran I hope everything works out okay for your friends and they are lucky to have you to care for them :). I saw something that reminded me of you. It was a Saturday Night Live skit on Downtown Abbey they were explaining it to the Spike tv a guy oriented network with fighting etc, The sisters were "hot" "hotter" and "the other one". And everytime someone has a conversation "another person overhears it from a doorway". Lol. I didn't know it had the older English lady actress. I've seen her before in some movies. The article also said Shirley Mcclaine was going to be on the third season. Tammy I remember our conversation :). I would hate to lose track of you all. I've had mixed feelings about House but I would like to talk with you all after the show ends. Some general talk of movies music books art etc would be great. Maybe we could fund a club or make an offtopic thread after the show? We could stop by once a week, more or however our schedules allow. I've only been on one other message board consistently years ago and I drifted away from the book group after a few weeks.

laugh
ETA find a club. Not fund a club. You don't have to send me money--/unless you really want to! ;)
Nobody's Fault has touched my heart as not happened for a long time. It has shown again and finally the soul of House, I found again everything about him that seemed to have been lost. The episode was also a reminder that House, despite messing with Wilson (can I say that I have not felt the lack of Wilson? ... his absence was indeed a relief ) and the apparent thoughtlessness is always there, with his tormented soul, his pain, his broken heart, his loneliness, his deep understanding of the human soul, his unspoken affection for his colleagues, and especially with the inability to forgive himself, the need to be condemned for his errors and pay a penalty. But the condemnation of others, for him, seems to be insufficient. It seems that he is always looking for an exemplary punishment that has not yet been "invented".
This episode has brought me back to a time when with other colleagues we had treated a girl, child murderer, who had confessed to killing her few months age baby. Italian law provides for a mild sentence for infanticide mothers because infanticide is a crime against nature that implies a state of severe mental illness. But along with the judge (a very wise man) we come to realize that the girl wanted to be condemned to expiate her guilt and move on. Unfortunately, she was tried by another court that acquitted for failure of discernment. The girl committed suicide shortly afterwards.
My feeling, after Twenty Vicodin and Moving On, was a missing link and now I seem to have realized that the missing link is this: for a person like House, when he commits a "bad act" is not important condemnation or forgiveness of others. What matters is the conviction that he inflicts on himself and the severity of the sentence must be directly proportional to the "crime" in order to forgive himself. The atonement to get absolution. I think in light of this interpretation the question of Cuddy is still open.
I think this episode was crucial, I liked all the characters, it has been deepened with great skill the relationship between House and his team. In particular I was very moved by Chase.
I do not know what the future holds because I do not read spoilers, but one thing is certain: House is back and still has much to say.

Ladies you are all sweet!

@hughlisafan ann @huddycat - Your comments are always stimulating, irreplaceable

@tammy - what would I do without my virtual family?
Great comment BTW…Dear, if you're going to write a book ... I'll buy it!

@ bh - your attention to detail leaves me speechless, it's great! thanks

@mysusp – my dear watch the episode as soon as possible because it is amazing.
About Downton Abbey and the great actress Maggie Smith (Lady Violet) take a look at this video, totally British humor XDDDD
crying
I just found out that this will be the LAST season!!!!
I'm shocked, not ready at all....
I tried so hard to make myself post it and I just couldn't do it. I was actually talking with Bea when the news came. I still do not really have my heart and thoughts together so I will come back.

@Fran2 - Your last review was amazing and with your permission i would love to show it to HouseDailyDose or for that matter Bea may want to post it on her website. Just a perfect description of our "House." I would also like to ask you if you could recommend a version of Sherlock for me to watch. My mind is racing about the ending of House and it is pushing me toward Sherlock.

@BH - My favorite part of "Nobody's Fault" is when House jerks the Folder from Colfield and demands that he find the verdict of fault or no fault solely on the merits of right and wrong and not according to the end results. He either has to feel justified or not and in the end we see he feels as if he were wrong. If he cannot receive Chase's forgiveness then as Fran says he will have to find a way to punish himself befitting the crime.
over a year ago hughlisafan said…
Hi ladies. I watched Nobody's Fault and it killed me. Then the news of House's ending....I'm not happy about this. I can't say I was surprised, but I was hoping against hope that there would be one more season. There's still so much that we don't know about House. TPTB have never really delved into his background. I had always hoped they would give us one House background episode a year, but it was more like every two years.

It always intrigued me that House went into Infectious Disease. Considering his age, there's no question he would've be studying and in residence during the AIDS epidemic of the 1980s. I have no doubt that House's creativeness and ability to act without protocols (remember it was a new disease so there were no protocols) was very useful.

I always wondered if he ever did international work maybe with the U.N.'s WHO. He knows so much about south-east Asian, South American and African diseases and knows so many languages.

But they've never really touched on that background, although we know a bit more about how it was for him as a kid - isolated with a brutal father.

It sounds like with his mother's appearance we might get an ending to his paternity storyline, which would be neat.

As for Nobody's Fault, I hated that House blamed himself. House's fault in this is that he created an atmosphere where his underlings can undermine him without punishment. Chase should've done what House wanted, but he went his own way, which is his fault.

I'm anxiously looking forward to the rest of the season now. I really hope House doesn't die. Somehow I want them to end with House at a hopeful place rather than a miserable place. He deserves that.
@tammy – “i would love to show it to HouseDailyDose or for that matter Bea may want to post it on her website….”
Feel free to do it darling :-)
Currently I can’t recommend you a good version of Sherlock because I've only read the books. My intention was to retain it after the end of House, but right now I do not know if I have enough heart to watch a series that would remember me my beloved House. I need time :-(

@hughlisafan – “I'm anxiously looking forward to the rest of the season now. I really hope House doesn't die. Somehow I want them to end with House at a hopeful place rather than a miserable place. He deserves that.”
A dramatic end would be too devastating, I hope that DS has mercy on us…

I just found this link, have you seen it?
link
I think it’s a fantastic idea. The end of House will be an emotional funeral and the mourning around the fandom will be more bearable if shared with all who have loved immensely the "person" who will be leaving us shortly. At least I feel so.
If I understand correctly, everybody can participate by writing their thoughts and feelings (I do not know how to make videos and now I have no time to learn). Someone has understood better than me if it’s possible do it this way? just write?

P.S. LE didn't say anything about the House MD end?
heart
Hello. I only just learned, from reading your comments, that this is the last season. Thanks for sharing the info, I didn't know that. I don't follow fanpop fandom at all really, NOT like in our "golden era," where (H)ouse & (H)uddy spots were hopping with activity. I've had so much fun..playing & writing along.

@fran, @tam, & hughlisafan, I enjoyed your points, well voiced as always..about "Nobody's Fault."
Nodding in agreement to @fran's: "House..looking for punishment..not yet invented," @hlf: "looking forward to the rest of season now..ending hopeful..not miserable," @tam: "House looking for forgiveness," very good observaton..bc in "Chase," that need becomes even more evident.

@mysusp, I thought of you too..bc, you had mentioned you were looking forward to this last episode about Chase. I'll try to comment on that later. (I do think these last 2 episodes were very strong & interesting).

@tammy, I know you were imagining another season..hope against hope..but guess that was not in the cards..or (H)ouse of cards. Let's hope..all's well that ends well..or as House says himself in "Nobody's Fault," "good things usually happen." That IS a positive note, coming from his disgruntled lips. I'm thinking..the show is showing us..(of late), just what it takes..to face your fears..and keep moving.

@fran, I clicked on your tumblr link, really positive project idea..and I love the big red tennis ball as the quintessential House object of choice..on which to "bounce" off everyone's ideas & memories. (Details!!!).
P.S. I would also appreciate an LE response at some point about House MD final chapter. (Is this too much to hope for?).

P.S. I'm always intrigued by @mysusp's and other's idea of continuing on in some way..post (H)ouse. not sure how that would work. ("Where there's a will..there's a way!")
Fortunately or unfortunately, I don't tweet, tumble much or follow @bea's site, (forgot that she had one :(..@tam - please say hello for me. Now I'm feeling a little bit sad..so will say bye for now. More later.
heart
My internet connection sucks so I'll be back as soon as possible commenting this great episode.
@bh - a BIG hug dear
How many tears I've cried watching "Chase". It was one of the sweetest, most poignant episodes of the series. I loved the delicacy with which love has been handled, the dignity of Chase and his fragility expressed right from the start of the episode, he has made tangible the loneliness that we carry inside us, too big for us. The loneliness that leads us to look for love, the warmth of another human being, almost as if it could be a panacea. And then the sweetness of Moira, the tenderness of Park and the huge fatherly love that House has demonstrated in his usual way, an empathetic bastard. Chase has played a part of the House’s soul so far hidden to us and perhaps because of that the episode touched the deepest chords of my heart. This episode has highlighted the gray areas of each of us, the duality in which we struggle, our irrationality in "pretend" love and the need to learn to respect the choices of leaving her/him free to set their own boundaries . An episode on free will, freedom and the essence of love, the pain of separation, putting oneself in the hands of another being different from us, a human being free to make a choice that could hurt us, our "moral duty" to let him/her go following her/his way, though far from us. In my opinion, in the end, this has been teaching at Chase by House.
Any adjective to describe the emotions that I felt watching the final look between House and Chase would be inappropriate.
I've missed lots of episodes this year but I can't disconnect from House completely. I do have good memories of it and things remind me of it constantly. I am afraid for the ending though. It's not a lack of emotion but perhaps rather to much that has me this way. I am afraid to get to the end and find that the nobody changes theme is still intact. I don't want to see the same cycle over and over. I must find a way to watch the House meeting the mothers new boyfriend who I suspect may be the biological dad episode though. And I will be coming here and keeping track through summaries reading all your smart insightful comments. I may need to watch the last episode through my fingers ;). I don't have twitter or tumbler either so I would have to come on here to see you girls. I love reading everyone's posts because of what wonderful writers you are so perhaps a writing thread or club(not fanfiction but essay or personal notes on life, art etc) could work out. One great thing about House was how many themes it brought up. Questions about life, philosophy, ethics, love enjoyed debating with you all . To let you in on some personal information so you know me as more than mysuspicionis I will give you a bluehue type quiz question as to my name. "what is my necklace made of?"
Ps. I've gone and read episode recaps for Chase and it does sound amazing.
kiss
@fran, HIGHEST praise for your follow-up to "Chase" epi. Beautiful thoughts and words!! "Fatherly love..(yes)..empathetic bastard..(YES)..the duality of love..pain of separation..moral duty to let go..(right..and for House..his sheer will & confidence in what he has managed to instill in his team..(which is why, I think..Chase in "Nobody's Fault" knew full well that House walked into his blood clot procedure the way he did..so he "would not be accused of caring"..which is HOW House cares)..and finally to the "look," between Chase/House..you described the essence of getting to that
moment so wonderfully..not to add an "adjective," but to add I do think the father issues of these two..led to the ties that bind them..in a special way. P.S. Thanks for the "hug." (Getting used to the idea of no more (H)..and happy for Hugh Laurie..the musician).

@mysusp, I know what you mean, I've "disconnected" a bit too..but these last 2 episodes make me appreciate the quality of these characters..that have grown so familiar over this time. Right, I hope the ending offers surprise..in a GOOD way, not a recap of what we already know. Hope you watch "Chase" sometime soon.

"What is my necklace made of?" Hmmmm...my suspicion is... is it made of a BLUE HUE? Like blue topaz or turquoise? That's my guess...you December girl. (I'll think up a quiz question for next time). LOL.

I'll be watching tonight's episode..and let ya know what I think a little later. I thought the promo looked good..the return of House's..gulp..green card..let's say..friend.

Where are you @tammy?! Hope to see you drop by sometime soon.
wink
Hmmm. I'll give you extra credit for remembering that I have a December birthday but sadly no ;). Let's say I share my name with a House character who was on Houses "mind" a lot.
kiss
@mysusp....AMBER!!!!!
I agree, we need to keep in touch. Perhaps after the House's end *sighsighsighsigh* we could open another thread.. I don't know..a kind of "House and Cuddy made us better"?

@bh - you're always in my heart and I'm happy to know that you're liking the last espisodes. kisses :-)))

I haven't watched the eps of last night, I hope it has been great..
I wanna stay in my denial state of mind, never giving up ;-))))
@mysusp....AMBER!!!!!
I agree, we need to keep in touch. Perhaps after the House's end *sighsighsighs
crying
After watching Man of the House I am really pissed off.
The reappearance of Dominika and memories related to the circumstances of the marriage have crushed my soul.
The Bombshell reference "Honey, I'm home" broke my heart.
House who seems to live in a parallel reality and to have lost all contact with reality leaves me stunned and bothers me.
The team, which now take for granted House and his bizarre ideas (proving that they had forfeited the esteem in him) makes me sad.
The thought that the relationship with Dominika could last longer than with Cuddy (life in common!! Are you kidding??) terrifies me.
Not to mention the fact that in this episode they have shamelessly (and badly) copied the film “Green Card” with Gerard Depardieu and Andie MacDowell.

A question that I'm doing to myself: what are they cooking for us?
After watching Man of the House I am really pissed off.
The reappearance of Dominika and memories rel
Danger! Spamming!!
I'm gonna miss everything…
Danger! Spamming!!
I'm gonna miss everything…
..........................................­...­...­...­...­...­.