Huddy The Huddy Void

fran2 posted on Oct 10, 2011 at 01:30PM
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial.
A place for those who are angry.
A place for those who are in acceptance (lucky people!).
A place for all of us, hopeless Huddies, because we do feel that House and Cuddy have been the most incredible couple we’ve ever known and they are always gonna be the most incredible couple we have ever known.

Trying to survive the season 8 and hoping for a season 9 ;-))).....keep talking and keep the flame burning!

Title credit @bh
Pic credit @huddycat69
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial. 
A pl

Huddy 403 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 151-200 of 403

over a year ago huddycat69 said…
smile
Hey! I've been very busy, but I promise to read all your posts : )

@Tam thank you for the link, maybe 2012 will be a good year ; )
Hey! I've been very busy, but I promise to read all your posts : )

@Tam thank you for the link, mayb
over a year ago Tammy8 said…
Nice pic @huddycat and glad to see you back.

@BH - I was totally stumped with the painting. You can't google everything.

@mysuspicionis and @Fran - I can't wait for you both to see the link. HAPPY NEW YEARS ladies. MUAH!!!!
over a year ago HuddyBea said…
heart
Been away I lnow, shame on me, but happy new year ladies, love ya and miss ya !!!
over a year ago fran2 said…
heart
I am a little dizzy because of New Year's dinner so not sure if I understand correctly the latest news in @tammy’s link O_O…Cuddy back???? ……Possible season 9???? ……david shore hit by a bus and temporarily incapable of discernment?????? *kidding* ……GY has lost the use of the word???????? *kidding…not so much*
what better way to start the new year ladies… Now we just cross our fingers and hope that they do not bring back Cuddy just to kill her (I am optimistic ;-)))) )

anyway, Happy New Year!!!! fine to read you all :-)))))) @tammy when I have a little time I give you a new picture story, I know you miss it XDDD
Hugs
P.S.: for safety ... I start immediately with an old medical practice that might bear fruit. It’s called "hunting writers/zebras”… Want to join? ;-))
I am a little dizzy because of New Year's dinner so not sure if I understand correctly the latest new
over a year ago HuddyBea said…
@Fran when I read Ausiello page I was out, at a friend of mine, waiting for her to be ready to go out to dinner. hou can immagine my attempts to control my reaction in public when I read the words Cuddy, House, season 9, finale, back....I guess my eyes twiched as I tried very hard to keep some composure and prevent myself from screaming or flailing XD

But, back to earth, was that just a crazy wish from a die hard Lisa E fan or a real " prediction" meaning Ausy knows more than he can actually share yet? If he doesn't than there's just reckless madness left cause honestly calling Lisa's name in vain is like Uncovering Pandora....IDk what to think, really....
big smile
@tam thanks

@Huddybea nice to hear from you!
I really hope that the possible season 9 and come back of Lisa E are not a bad joke, it would be too bad for Huddy's fans. But I still have faith in hope, and with the new year and all we heard about and around House, I want to believe Lisa will come back for the finale and for next season : )

@Fran "Now we just cross our fingers and hope that they do not bring back Cuddy just to kill her (I am optimistic ;-)))) )" It would be so cruel and suicidal if I can say so. And I don't think Lisa will agree to come back just to be killed.
And I wait for a picture story, you're so talented with cartoons :)

@tam thanks

@Huddybea nice to hear from you! 
I really hope that the possible season 9 and come back
@Huddycat - You have to post that pic on Twitter and Stat!!!!!!!! Amazing. I am beside myself looking at it.

@Fran - Muah!!!!!

@Huddybea - Giirrll gt your self back here right now.

@BH and @mysuspicionis - What do you think?

@BH - Hope you are doing well. Have been thinking of you and hope you have a great 2012!!!!!!

I wish a Happy New Year to you all!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
Hmm I don't know since this is a wish list but of course I want to
see Lisa in the finale or before. I honestly think a season 8 ending would be more likely to give us some sort of positive ending because I think after a year the writers would stop referencing Cuddy if Lisa didn't guest star soon. Do you think we will see House's bio father this year? Oh and I also wish for Cougar Town to have better ratings Ausiello! Sad my nonstressful show is in limbo now
over a year ago bluehue said…
heart
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!
Finally saw new House promo. 2 more weeks..until House electriCUTES us with the
heart paddles, “CLEAR!”

I’m “in the mood” to read & write..so responding to each of you since last here:

@mysusp, A belated HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!
Now I remember, U R a Christmas present baby! Did you come gift wrapped?! Ha. YES, thank the stars for good health & happiness & love.

...Continued
@mysusp, Haha..your friend, I know..I too have enjoyed viewing some Korean soaps. They are quite (tear jerkingly) sweet, innocent..always about family & food! My husband & I watched some for fun, as he was learning to speak the language a bit, having to travel to Seoul once a year. The titles, translations are cute, “Happiness in the Wind.”

@fran, Belated (art history) thanks..and yes to “happy endings!” (Pretty please..with Hugh Laurie on top).

@tammy, Along with @fran’s morale boosting cartoons..you offer new hope for a Cuddy return.
We shall see. (Some fans guess..that Rachel could possibly fall ill, due to fateful beginnings of a druggie Mom. Predicting that Cuddy would throw her “Caution to the Wind” to have Dr. House diagnose her sick..beloved child, perhaps..healing Huddy in the process.

@hudcat, WARM greetings! Good to see you! Nice sepia pink Huddy icon you are sporting. Hope school is going great. Straight “A’s” I suspect.

@Bea, Ciao bella..ALWAYS good to see your posts! Love ya & miss ya too!

@fran, My eyes, my eyes! Your zig zag cartoon! Is that a reference to Barbara B’s, “Chasing Zebras?” BTW, I just read her latest article, she says she's not “bothered” in effect by LE’s departure, tho mentions..Cuddy's return would be nice for "closure." I think BB wants House..all to herself!

@tammy, Thanks for thinking of me. I’m fine! Just overworked, like most of you. Hope you are doing super fine too my DEAR!
I think of my “Huddy Void-ers” even when I don’t show up for awhile.
BTW, I really do think we will see LE visit, if not return to PPTH and possibly House’s lips..in 2012. Ever so hopeful.

@mysusp, I've not seen the Cougar Town..but know what ya mean.
Similarly, I miss my Doctor Who 11 too! The BBC has a different schedule for tv shows..like they do 6-8 episodes, then NOTHING..for a year!
Sometimes, I just need my less stressful imaginary Doctor.

Okay guys...I’ve written a bunch, (eeks)..so TAG...you’re it !
last edited over a year ago
HAPPY NEW YEAR !!  
Finally saw new House promo. 2 more weeks..until House electriCUTES us with the
h
smile
Hi Maggie may and all fellow fanpoppers. I think of you all too when I'm not here. My new and "exciting" thing is that I have taught myself the beginnings of tenor ukulele. Now I just need a vacation to Hawaii.... Sigh. @. Bluehue Do you watch BBC Sherlock? I know someone who does and they have been counting down the days till it returns. I watched a couple of season 1 with them and they watched some of 1/2 house with me. They told me I HAVE to watch New Girl so I am going to try that soon. Cuddy please come back....sound of my plea echoing along the corridors of the Internet. And seeing Rachel would be awesome. By the way I think tje last episode should have House opting to amputate his leg as a sign that he has actually made progress and I think Cuddy should be the one he tells this to as a mirror of Three Stories Help Me and After Hours. Then we could get a death scene, Houses funeral, see the impact he's had on others just like how in Sherlock Holmes Sherlock "died" but tje author brought him back to life. It's time for another hallucination right? ;)
No I wouldn't want him to really die but a coma/hallucination/dream would be cool after or during surgery to amputate his leg would allow us to see what he thinks about his life. I don't have twitter but I know lots of house fans use it
kiss
Hey Huddies all over the world how are you?
@maggie – welcome back :-))
@bh – I totally agree with you about BB ;-)) someone told her that she must wait in line???!!! XDDDD
@mysusp… thanks for your positivity XDDDDD
New year ... new perils of paranoia ...
where were we? ah yes, the possible return of Cuddy
Hey Huddies all over the world how are you? 
@maggie – welcome back :-))
@bh – I totally agree wi
just thinking about this hypothesis is crazy
just thinking about this hypothesis is crazy
someone is already toasting
someone is already toasting
Someone is already thanking God
Someone is already thanking God
Someone is angry
Someone is angry
someone is dusting off the illusions
someone is dusting off the illusions
someone is dreaming about a future…great… Huddy family
someone is dreaming about a future…great… Huddy family
TPTB in the meantime are picking up the thread interrupted so abruptly with Moving On…be patient guys! may be they need a little time, they’re confused you know
TPTB in the meantime are picking up the thread interrupted so abruptly with Moving On…be patient gu
they are questioning
they are questioning
and sooner or later they will give birth
and sooner or later they will give birth
Many ways remain open for a rapprochement, if only TPTB wanted to use all of the gray matter that Mother Nature has put at their disposal…
Many ways remain open for a rapprochement, if only TPTB wanted to use all of the gray matter that Mot
One way…Cuddy invites House to her new home for a clarification
One way…Cuddy invites House to her new home for a clarification
Or… little Rachel is in danger of life…call dr. House!
Or… little Rachel is in danger of life…call dr. House!
Another one…House refuses to do more clinic hours for Foreman…
Another one…House refuses to do more clinic hours for Foreman…
You see? Huddies are optimistic! Our ship will survive all odds. At the end Lisa and Greg will find even a pleasing jeweller
You see? Huddies are optimistic! Our ship will survive all odds. At the end Lisa and Greg will find e
And what about me?
And what about me?
2012 will be a fantastic year ... I’M SURE
2012 will be a fantastic year ... I’M SURE
laugh
Hooray for Fran cartoons! I don't know what time it is in Italy but House is actually next week in case you are looking for it. Today is Martin Luther King jr holiday. I watched Marley and Me last night (I cried and movies don't make me cry) but the thought intruded while I was watching that House and Cuddy watched it according to Moving On episode LOL.
@mysusp – “House and Cuddy watched it according to Moving On episode”
O_O I didn’t remember!
Marley and me made me cry too ... but I cry easily

During this period, blaming the long hiatus and the suffering that still gives me watching House without Cuddy, I had a great need of comforting food for my soul. Unexpectedly, I found it watching Downton Abbey, a BBC series. Downton Abbey speaks in a sentimental way of life and death, love and compassion, suffering and joy, the temptation to let go and the art of survival. I have been dazzled by so much magnificence. It is a sentimental work because it speaks directly to the heart, an organ that we "Huddies" are not ashamed to own. It tells the story of an aristocratic English family (owner of the estate which gives the name to the series) in parallel with the servants. The series began in 1912 with the news of the Titanic’s sinking, continuing with the outbreak of the first World War and the impact that changes have on the various characters. It‘s a series highly emotional, very touching (the second season is great), very careful analysis and development of interpersonal relationships, personal changes connected to the external environment changes (because people change!!! Shore, please, take a look……). It’s a drama but at the same time it offers moments of great hilarity, typically British. The actors are wonderful, the characters are engaging, the story is engaging, historical reconstruction (from costumes to locations) very accurate. A true medicine.
Now I feel a little guilty because I went OT, but in my defense I can say that House could hit transitive property: HL is British and basically everything related to England and the British makes me think of him.

Hugs everyone :-)))

Below, the magnificent Downton Abbey
@mysusp – “House and Cuddy watched it according to Moving On episode”
O_O I didn’t remember!
over a year ago bluehue said…
smile
My suspicion is @mysusp is strumming songs on new tenor ukulele...sounds really fun..& hope to see you playing on a Hawaii beach sometime soon.

YES, I really like the newest version of Sherlock on BBC, I too am counting down the days to Season 2. It was created by Stephen Moffat, (creator or Doctor Who 11).
BTW, my fave comedy is “30 Rock,” for the Liz Lemon & Jack friendship, I laugh out loud whenever Jenna sings..especially her Janis Joplin. Just started watching 30 Rock a few months ago in syndication..after it’s been on for like 5 years!
So..at this rate..I’ll start watching “New Girl” in 2016.

Also, your, “Cuddy should be the one he tells this to as a mirror of Three Stories,” version of an ending..sounds interesting. Imagining Cuddy’s return presence in “voice over only,” a speaking role as narrator, could be quite a powerful twist of an ending. So close..and yet so far.

@fran, Ha..that was funny..about BB. APPLAUSE too, for your “Cartoon Stories!”
You’re the best. LOVE Lisa hyperventilating in paper bag, “dusting off the illusions,” would love to see House do “Alzheimer’s Clinic” duty, enemy ship rings. Well..you definately help fill the Huddy Void!

Also, I love that snowy night photo of the “magnificent Downtown Abbey,” and will definately look for the show on tv, tea & biscuits YESSS..that sounds jolly good perfect for me..as I tend to latch on to many (quality) British series..where it is still possible to immerse oneself in a good story.
(I appreciate your (not so) subtle irony?! Literally..a show about survivors of a sinking ship). Sign me up!

Hey to @tammy..@maggiemay..& all, hope to read your good comments again soon!! LOL.

Photo: What's he saying? (Come 'on Huddies..you can think of something?!)
@bluehue's lame attempt:
"Oh you want me to list House's good points?..let's see..ummm..well..that one time."
My suspicion is @mysusp is strumming songs on new tenor ukulele...sounds really fun..& hope to see yo
cool
LOL I wondered if anyone had posted lately and Fran did and it also says bluehue was on 5 minutes ago. Fran sounds like you've found a series with great themes and off topic posts are fine by me :). I enjoy hearing about personal stories plus the themes in House are found in various forms of art. Bluehue I've seen some 30 Rock also. Pretty funny my favorite was generalissimo soap opera episode where Jack tried to get the Spanish grandma to like the evil soap opera character "let's look at pictures of your grandchildren and them we can go to mcdonalds and order only coffee.". I actually want House to personally tell Cuddy to amputate similar to the scene in After Hours but a narrative as in Three Stories would be an interesting approach. I feel like House is in a state of homeostasis at the moment. It's as if they are afraid to move forward until they decide how long they will be on the air. And yes David Shore people do change!!! Hmmm not sure what the caption for Hugh should be. "Mr. Shore, here are the reasons House should have a satisfying ending for the viewers."
smile
Hi everybody!

@fran great cartoons story as always XD (love the jewelers pic, very funny) and very nice pic of Downton Abbey

@BH @mysusp nice to see you here :))

@maggiemay23 welcome back :))

as for Hugh's pic, " David and FOX's "directors", here are the reasons why Lisa should come back:..."

I was skiing but I'm back now, and I'll try to post more often.

And House comes back tomorrow!!
Hi everybody!

@fran great cartoons story as always XD (love the jewelers pic, very funny) and very n
@bh “(I appreciate your (not so) subtle irony?! Literally..a show about survivors of a sinking ship). Sign me up!”
Ahahahahahahah…well…not really, the Titanic is just an event that will have an impact on the history of this family. But we are survivors, aren’t we?
HL’s good points…
1 - I want Lisa back this season and in season 9 (eheheheheh)
2 - I want at least an episode devoted entirely to the Huddy sex.
3 - remember that without me there is no House

@mysusp “I actually want House to personally tell Cuddy to amputate similar to the scene in After Hours but a narrative as in Three Stories would be an interesting approach.”
Woman, I see the your wish list is becoming more and more cheerful XDDDDDDD…but I agree, give us a trunk full of suffering and a river of tears. Or House is not House.
@huddycat – your pic is fantastic as always :-))))

and now we come to bad news. I do not know (for reasons we all know, I suppose) when and if I can see the new episodes *crying*
trying to look at the glass half full… I could build an alternative reality and live happily forever and ever O_o
@bh “(I appreciate your (not so) subtle irony?! Literally..a show about survivors of a sinking ship
over a year ago hughlisafan said…
Hi girls, it's been awhile. I was happy to get House back on Monday. I really liked this episode. I've been noticing a lot more Cuddy references over the last couple of shows. Interesting because they avoided all references to Cuddy in the early shows. In the last ep House kept referring to Foreman as Cuddy Black. I have no idea if they're setting something up to bring back Cuddy, but I hope they do.

Also, I started a House re-watch about midway through this 2-month break. I started suffering withdrawal. Seriously, I am in no way ready for this show to end! I went through S1 to S4 pretty quickly. I am currently watching S5.

I'm falling in love with House and Cuddy all over again. Their chemistry, spirit, and sexiness is not a product of my imagination. I still can't forgive TPTB for destroying such a great relationship. After watching Wilson's Heart, I couldn't help but tear up at the end when Cuddy was shown sleeping beside House's hospital bed and holding his hand. I wish they had left it at that. Two people in love, but unable to come to grips with their feelings for each other. I really miss the sexiness that those two brought to House.

A little off topic, but I also listened to the commentary for House's Head. At the beginning of that episode House is being serviced with a lap dance. David Shore said the actress was really excited about doing that for Hugh Laurie (the lap dance), and that her friends were really jealous. Katie Jacobs pipes in and says, "I don't blame them. Who wouldn't be (jealous)?" All I could think was: "Wait, did an executive producer of House just indirectly say she wanted to give Hugh a lap dance?" lol It was the way she said it too.

@hughlisafan – welcome back :-)))
Finger crossed about your “I have no idea if they're setting something up to bring back Cuddy, but I hope they do.”

I liked the Better Half too. It was well written and moving, however I still have some concerns for this season. Some episodes are better than others but they seem disconnected from each other and I don’t know if this problem can be attributed to the fact that TPTB do not know yet whether there will be a season 9.
My problem is that I’m not able to find the thread, something that in the past has never happened to me. Perhaps someone can help me finding it?

@tammy – where are you? You’re not a Huddy anymore? *crying*
Let's try to bait the hook......
Hi everybody!

I haven't seen ep 9 yet, I have to find a link for that, but I rewatch some "old" ep during this long hiatus and as @hughlisafan said "I'm falling in love with House and Cuddy all over again. Their chemistry, spirit, and sexiness is not a product of my imagination" oh no, dear friend it was a wonderful and true chemistry
and "I really miss the sexiness that those two brought to House." Same here! I miss their flirt and banter, their "play around each other", there's nothing like that in season 8.

I hope TPTB will succeed to bring Cuddy/LisaE back at least to give the show the great end it deserves.
Hi everybody!

I haven't seen ep 9 yet, I have to find a link for that, but I rewatch some "old" ep d
@Huddycat - I will try and get you a link too. As always i love your work on the picture. I have seen episode 9 and I thought it was a little more like House at the end. I liked the H/W scenes and it reminded of a show I love: "Boston Legal."

@Fran2 - That is the best bait you can throw out. House playing piano and tear-jerker Huddy" I will always be a "Huddy" and a "Hacy", but the relationship between Cuddy and House was too long to ever forget. I do think she will come back. I don't know on what level they will connect. I'd like to believe that even if it is not love it won't be quite just work. I'd like to think they were better having loved each other. At this point and at the end of Moving On that did not appear to be the case. I am reminded of a quote for them and for us dear sweet "huddies":

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight" ~ Khalil Gibran

I have said it before but we have been like family and I am not sure where the interests of you ladies lie but I would love to discuss this season as I think it is really going to start heating up. I will not say what happened on the last episode because I don't know where everyone is in the season. Is everyone watching and are we up for discussions?

smile
@fran The 2 month break didn't help either. But, I agree, except for House's parole issues there hasn't been a real arc this season. The shows actually remind me more of early S1 with each episode a "closed" storyline with no over-arching arc. But then they added the Vogler arc which led to the Stacy arc which led to House's pain issues arc and his decision to do the ketamine, and the aftermath arc, and then the failure of that and the Tritter arc then post-Tritter etc. etc.

There always seemed to be a continuing storyline within the episode, but they've really stepped back from that so far in this season. There's no real emotional movement forward. I hope now that the long break is over they will get back to some story telling again - about House of course.

I just finished watching Joy. What a kiss! It thrilled me as much as it did when I watched it the first time, since I hadn't seen it in a while. My God that was one hot kiss. I watched it like a dozen times, because I just loved how they entered into it, and even how they concluded it. *sigh*
Wow there were Cuddy references? That is pretty remarkable. Nice to see HughLisa Tammy and Fran of course :). I was able to watch a little old House and Cuddy because a family member was over and changed the channel. We discussed the ending of House and how we wanted it to be happy plus the Help Me episode. I told her about the House people I met online :). She also named the fish she bought and placed in my parentts koi pond Dr. House since she loves the show now. My parents told me her fish was hung in the net after a hawk tried to get it. It got free and swam away but of course I asked them if he limped now! Spoilers don't bother me if I haven't seen the episode yet. Tammy you say this season is beginning to move forward :)?
laugh
Just went to find a recap of the episode. Sounds as if a theme was how much should people be willing to support the one they love in a relationship. In this case the man suffered from a physical infirmity but House suffers from emotional infirmity. In Chase's case his mother suffered from addiction which has always been an issue for House since his surgery. One reason I so want him to choose to amputate is that it would be such a strong clear sign to us as viewers that he has changed or is willing to change. Fran at the bottom of the rcap page it said downtown abbey debuts strong!!! Reminded me of you. I think it will be interesting to see some insight into House on the march 19 episode where his mother is seen dating another man. Some great psychological childhood and father issues could be addressed in this episode
Fanpop is possessed first it kept adding the crying emoticon now after editing twice it wants the crazy laughter one :p. I'm tired of editing so it's staying
@mysuspicionis: This could well be House's biological father or they may find out that John was House's father all along. The episode before that has House getting angry with the POTW's mom so I don't know if that will carry over to the episode with his mom.

Some episodes coming up that could lead to some good conversation so lets get on it. I miss you ladies.
@tam I miss our discussions about the ep too, just try to catch ep to come and talk with you about it. It will be great : )
@Tammy. I don't think we'll find that John House is House's father all along because at the end of Birthmarks House conducts a DNA test and finds out that John is not his biological father. House was pretty shaken up about it too. I do wonder too if the man Blyth is dating is House's biological father and he's upset at his mother not just for dating a man he doesn't like, but for dating a man that she cheated on John with, and for lying to House for all these years about his birth father, etc.

It's interesting that over the years House has said that he loves his mother and hates his father, yet I can see him being pissed off at his mother on his father's behalf and staying loyal to John over his biological father. Anyway, it sounds like there's some good ground there and hopefully an opportunity to get back into some discussion on the eps.

@mysuspicionis Like the fish story. lol And, yes, there have been some Cuddy reference lately. I enjoyed this last episode, and I am looking forward to some upcoming storylines.
I am so happy I could do the "Wilson Dork Dance." So we will watch the episodes and begin discussing them. I have missed it so much.

Still think Cuddy will be back.
Watched tonight's ep, which was a lot soapy. House totally over identified with the patient's urge to run from her hated mother, but I feel they didn't touch on that with any kind of depth - not like they used to with House anyway. Ever since S5 they've made sure HL gets his time-off by having at least 3 story lines going: POTW, House and one other. This time there seemed to be 4. I wish they'd start treating House with more depth. In this episode, and many episodes this season, he's been so one dimensional. Thus the earlier discussion about there being no emotional core this season. House needs to be the emotional core of this show when he isn't it suffers.

I actually did like this ep. I just felt like with so many eps last year and even in S6 there's so much wasted potential. Too jokey not enough heart or depth.

No Cuddy references this time, but I feel like this is setting up for the upcoming mother episode.
@hughlisafan – I like a lot your analysis and I feel the same about “The shows actually remind me more of early S1 with each episode a "closed" storyline with no over-arching arc.”
@mysusp – your fish story is soooooooooo funny! XDDD
@huddycat “I hope TPTB will succeed to bring Cuddy/LisaE back at least to give the show the great end it deserves.” Me too! Please don’t stop making pics :-))))
@tammy - I love your attitude, confidence and calm :-))

I haven’t watched the episode 10 yet, but these days I have some thoughts. It all started with my friend who is watching the season 6. She is a little depressed lately for various reasons, she watched Broken and now she is unable to move forward, she is afraid to see a House too fragile, defenseless and then reflect herself in him sinking into despair. She is able to "endure" House the bastard but not the defenseless House. Strange? I don’t know. This got me thinking that perhaps House this season is doing everything possible not to get in touch with his weakness because he fears to explode. A friend of mine once told me: "sometimes when I'm too bad, well.. I decide to "forget" all this pain. Sometimes, in order to survive, you should put a lid on the pot and take it off when you feel stronger".
Perhaps it is because of this that we have not yet had the pleasure of seeing the House’s pain, or it was a choice of the writers…House elaborating the mourning far away from our eyes (needless to say that in this case I I'll hate them forever).
Since I refuse to believe that the break with Cuddy was a healthy walk, the question that I ask myself is: at what stage of grief is now House?
@fran He's still in denial. His whole attitude right from the start was to deflect and downplay what he did. His apology was emotionless, which is not House at all. The man does know how to apologize when he gets around to it, and usually it is filled with emotion and regret. As long as Cuddy is away, House can continue to live in a state of denial. In 20 Vicodin, when the prison guard told him the Dean of Medicine was here to see him, you could see that fear in his face. He did not want to face her, which is why she must come back for at least one episode. House can't move from his current phase until he owns up to what he did, and at least offers a genuine apology.

I've run through all kinds of story lines in my own head about how that could happen from attending the same medical convention to Cuddy being the new Dean of Medicine at a pain clinic and House ending up as a patient there. In fact, in that type of story line you can even have some continuity because we know House visited a pain clinic in Orange county towards the end of S5 (when he was secretly seeing a psychiatrist).

I also think it would be a nice to have Cuddy, who did love a man in pain for so many years, winding up at a pain clinic. It also works if they do have House decide to amputate and Cuddy is a part of that, because she was there when he suffered the clot to his leg and was part of the decision to partly amputate the thigh muscle. I'm hoping it gets done because this very well is the last season of House. It can't end without some kind of emo moment between House and Cuddy.
we had a strong discussion on Twitter today in which my stance was going back to season 7 and starting with "Bombshells" House begged Cuddy not to go. House tried to pull Cuddy back but in his way not the traditional, get on your knee and tell me how wrong you were way.. He wanted her to stop him, to come to him and offer a second chance. I still believe the hookers, vicodin, jumping off an eight story ledge were as used distractions and to make her rescue him.

I think back when Dominica and House were in Cuddy's office and trying to get her to sign off on the insurance. I remember the disappointment and hopelessness in House's face when Cuddy signed the papers. Still through the season House looked for distractions with the hope (imo) Cuddy would change her mind. That didn't happen.

The climax was taking the hairbrush to her and seeing her put her hand on another man's shoulder and facing that she had moved on, she had given up on him. Like so many people who had given up on him. Make no mistake our hero can be an arse but he is a sensitive arse and he is our arse. Losing maybe his greatest support system has been devastating to him in a life that has known great physical and emotional pain he is losing his will to rise up.

We find him in jail in "Twenty Vicodin" with the following speech to his cell mate: There is a reason we are locked away from normal people. Do you really think she is going wait?, Do you think she should? Face it: You have no girl, no friends, and no job. He reiterated throughout the episode he was alone.

I don't think everything is Cuddy. I think it is that House has always managed to let down and drive away everyone he felt could love him. I am not saying it is warranted, I am saying in his eyes he lost the one person who believed in him the most. The person who saw the good stuff in him. the one, that no matter what he did she still believed the good in him outweighed the bad. It was the ultimate hurt for him to me to have that person say: You are not enough, you'll never change, I can't do this.

I liked the episode last night because it hit home for me with the POTW. Also I laughed in certain places util I had tears in my eyes. I didn't watch it thinking this is the last season or thinking I wish they would go deeper. I know they will go deeper soon enough. I didn't watch it saying I miss Cuddy because it is a slow process to unfold House's fate. I watched it like it is an ongoing show in which we have time to get to the meat. I just went along for the ride and I thought each character "barring that Foreman" had a good arc.
Last night's episode left Wilson saying how House felt and I think he was right. House tested the mother by leaving the vicodin behind because as with himself "nobody changes" and he felt her daughter was better off without her just like everybody in his life is better off without him. It also could relate to his parents a bit, We'll see.

This season we are watching a detached House,but is he? I think he is holding on by a thread. In episodes upcoming I think we will see the wheels begin to come off and it won't be a detached House. It will be a House coming to the end of his rope. The question in my mind is: Will Cuddy get there in time.? Not to save the day but maybe to salvage a man whom I am sure we will find on the floor. I am just not sure in which state "on the floor" we will find him.

That's my guess for now. There are some more things we know for this season but I think we may have some spoiler free people still.

So when everybody is caught up and seen the promo maybe we can discuss further.

@Fran -Perhaps it is because of this that we have not yet had the pleasure of seeing the House’s pain,

Right now he is trying not to deal with the pain because even he is afraid of the depths his pain takes him but he always runs out of distractions and then total chaos ensues.

@HughLisaFan - I also think it would be a nice to have Cuddy, who did love a man in pain for so many years, winding up at a pain clinic. It also works if they do have House decide to amputate and Cuddy is a part of that, because she was there when he suffered the clot to his leg and was part of the decision to partly amputate the thigh muscle. I'm hoping it gets done because this very well is the last season of House. It can't end without some kind of emo moment between House and Cuddy.

Two very good scenarios. I like either. Cuddy in a pain clinic getting back in touch with the House she had always known in her mind and who was in total sync with where he was would be an awesome way to end it.

A necessary amputation of the leg and House fighting it, putting himself in harm's way and Cuddy showing up ungirding him and helping him to feel safe, to feel forgiveness, and to try again to live his life.

That's the end of my rant. So come on ladies when watching lets look deep. My rose-colored glasses are off but I do believe the writer's intention is for us to remember and to look into the story line deeper.

Here's the edit: I understand why Cuddy would pull up. i think she is just as afraid as House of love, of what this relationship might bring her to. i would love to see an arc on her character and maybe how she has struggled since being away from him. (Just a thought)