Huddy The Huddy Void

fran2 posted on Oct 10, 2011 at 01:30PM
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial.
A place for those who are angry.
A place for those who are in acceptance (lucky people!).
A place for all of us, hopeless Huddies, because we do feel that House and Cuddy have been the most incredible couple we’ve ever known and they are always gonna be the most incredible couple we have ever known.

Trying to survive the season 8 and hoping for a season 9 ;-))).....keep talking and keep the flame burning!

Title credit @bh
Pic credit @huddycat69
A place for those who do not want to resign themselves to the evidence and are still in denial. 
A pl

Huddy 403 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 403

over a year ago HuddyBea said…
@fran i was yawning during the 13 ep. I did n like it. Just didn t touch my chords and then i simply wasn t in the mood to keep going. I ll give ep 4 a try tomorrow. I m like @bluehue ( hi there sweetie) can t help watching from a distance. Can t feel anything so far. I ll come back with a longer review....had a tough week at work, deadly tired and need to get some Apple sales training done tomorrow along with some revising of a sheet of paper I have to mail my teacher for a course I m doing first thing in the morning. I doubt I ll make it to 2012 if I keep going like this. Can barely breathe...hope I can just upadate my fic and post sth actually been constructive for a debate in here.

Btw, let s stay grounded for a sec, shall we? The odds of Cuddy coming back are equal to the ones of one of us spottig a flying pig....maybe if someone kicks it in the ass....so I guess she might come back, if someone among the cast and crew makes the right calls and works bts for her. Otherwise, storyline aside, really how could she?

@BH I like the building usually but " to or for what" is my question.

Staying tuned or at least syntonized....
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
Okay, I watched Risky Business because Fran told me I had to before I posted again. hee hee It was nice to see House help Parks because he still seems a bit much this year. Blackmailing the patient was distasteful. @Tammy--It would be great to stay in touch after House is over with the members. We will have to keep our fanpop accounts active and maybe we can throw some thoughts around about books, movies, shows etc. @Fran--your post about how the writing in House makes us identify with characters is so true. Even though my worldview is different than the one put forth usually in House I would feel as though the message of the entire show was as House told the performance artist in Moving On "It didn't mean anything." if we got to the end of the series only having found ourselves right back at the beginning of the maze. You know the feeling you get when reading a piece of literature that is rather dark, and you close the book feeling sick? I do not want to feel that way at the end of the series. By the way I looked up Alice in Wonderland syndrome and it is a real condition. I cannot think of Cuddy returning at this point. Like Scarlet, I can't think of it tonight, I'll think about it tomorrow. However we can hope for impossible things, for like Alice in Wonderland, "sometimes we can believe 7 impossible things before breakfast" :) If she did come for a cameo appearance I would take that as a very good sign though as to perhaps reintroducing her in the audience's minds so that they could perhaps allude to her in the ending of the series again as Tammy says.
laugh
I forgot to add that I love your poem, Rennie. @bluehue--told my mother (she raises dogs remember--that's where I got all my dogs lol) about your dog cartoon.

AND NOW A CHANCE FOR US TO BELIEVE THAT MAYBE ONE DAY IT WILL ALL BE OKAY IN HOUSELAND....
I forgot to add that I love your poem, Rennie.  @bluehue--told my mother (she raises dogs remember--t
over a year ago fran2 said…
@bea “can t help watching from a distance”
Same here but mine is not a free choice but a choice ... how to say… in spite of me. My heart is still under anesthesia.

@mysusp “You know the feeling you get when reading a piece of literature that is rather dark, and you close the book feeling sick? I do not want to feel that way at the end of the series.”
If I remember the effort that for a long time I did to convince me that the end of Gone With The Wind, after all, was good ... well [H] writers... do not do this to me! XDD

About Cuddy possible return, I don’t know how could she. But I am sure that, if the writers would / could, surely they would find a way to give appropriate meaning to her return. We’ll see.

Who said MOON?? the good old moonlightning effect…XDD
Perhaps we should read the horoscope for the next six months ;-))
@bea “can t help watching from a distance”
Same here but mine is not a free choice but a choice .
over a year ago Tammy8 said…
I am trying to see how this is going to post. I had to establish another account.

Edit: This is tammyr50 and I lost 42 points somewhere. I am now Tammy8. Same romantic just a new name.

surprise
@tammy -What happened? Who has deleted your account?
anyway, if you are always our romantic @tammy I can digest the new name ;-)
@tammy -What happened? Who has deleted your account?
anyway, if you are always our romantic @tammy I
I am your romantic Tammy @Fran2 and you know I love the "peanuts." My favorite.
sad
One Day One Room, Birthmarks, Paternity…
I have to go? Those episodes were significant. “Parents” has left me with a bitter taste. Why the writers have chosen to show us a House unable to get in touch with his deeper self and show it to us? Everything is treated superficially, is that their purpose? They want to show us a House with the armor? I do not know what to think. And again, who cares about Adams back story ?? give me a break.
I do not know if it's just me but episode after episode the gap is magnified and every detail brings me back to something that has been lost: House and Sophie (Little Rachel), the parental role that Foreman attributes to himself and Wilson (Cuddy ), even the relational dynamic between House and Wilson seemed very forced to me. The final image of House on the TV screen behind Wilson is representative of the distance that they have established between Me and My House: they want him to become ONLY a TV character for me?
How long TPTB think they can pull the rope? Sooner or later it breaks.
Sorry, I'm angry. Please, I need someone who makes me see the good in this episode...
One Day One Room, Birthmarks, Paternity… 
I have to go? Those episodes were significant. “Parents
over a year ago bluehue said…
Oink oink!
@bea, Ha, “pigs fly,” right. @mysusp’s hopeful cartoon comeback..to the moon!
Very cute. :)

I am “grounded,” about a Cuddy comeback.
Agree with @fran, “How could she?” However, my cynical side says, maybe baby, but only when “money flies,” into LE’s bank account, which should have been properly negotiated or offered to her in the first place.

@tammy, Glad you are still here! No icon pic tho..coming soon I hope. P.S. “Peanuts” Show..it’s nearly time for Charlie Brown Christmas! I always watch.

@fran, Aah..miss seeing little Rachel, growing along with the show, she added such a spark.
Sorry, can’t offer a positive note right now. “Parents” left me out in the cold too. Agree with your metaphor about “final image of House on TV,” and things feeling more “forced,” like (imho) Hilson, clinic duty, Foreman as Dean. Even BB mentioned the “lack of gravitas” recently.
Oh yea, that scene: Doctor Adams & House..alone together..in elevator. Flashback..sigh.

Also, so far as “subject matter,” it's starting to feel like too many “estranged parents” or parent as “monster” episodes..meeting up again in the hospital. (Example: episode last year where House discovers..the boyfriend’s father..had sex with his son’s girl friend).

Promo says, “gut wrenching” for next epi...hmmmm?! My gut is already wrenched..ha.

Pic for @tammy! (AND @mysusp's mom!)
Oink oink!   
@bea, Ha, “pigs fly,” right. @mysusp’s hopeful cartoon comeback..to the moon!  
V
heart
Heart wrenching.
Heart wrenching.
smile
Aw thanks for the cartoon bluehue. Tammy, I've seen lots of Peanuts stuff lately in stores and it reminded me of you. Glad you're still here, even if your name changed ;) I've been humming Morning Has Broken since Risky Business. Since you all said Parents was so awful I may (gasp) skip it. Dare I? I feel guilty in a way but I've really been thinking of Rachel a lot lately and it sounds unpleasant see no mention of House having learned anything from his interactions with her. A teacher was standing with her back to her students the other day when I walked by. They were jumping and talking in line and she said "I'm trying dog training techniques on them. Victoria, the dog trainer, turns her back on her dogs when they jump up and bark at her." Of course that reminded me of the wonderful "training" House did with Rachel. I love that little grin and head tilt from the old promos when Rachel eats the cheetos as House clicks the thing. Fran, I need some serious moments on House also! Show me some leg pain, some quiet times in the apartment with that sad blue eyed gaze into the distance, piano, guitar, did they lose House's apartment in the budget cuts?!! LOL Happy Early Thanksgiving to all. Fran, I know it's not Thanksgiving for you but I give you permission to eat some unhealthy, delicious food in our honor.
This was an article recently given and posted by HousedailyDose. I copied the part that is relevant to LE.

@Fran2 - You asked for hope and your wish has been granted.

She may have more time if Shore gets his wish: He wants to bring Edelstein back later in the season for an undetermined number of episodes. And that would make good storytelling sense, particularly if this turns out to be “House”’s last season.

“There’s definitely a possibility,” says Shore. “Nothing has been planned but it’s something I am very open to and would actually be saddened if it didn’t happen. It would depend on us convincing her to come back.”

Thanks for all the "Peanuts" posts. It actually has caught on a bit on Twitter. My avatar as of now on Twitter is Linus and I think that is what I will choose for here.

As far as the last episode with the news of LE's likely return and the next episode being given such a build-up I will wait until after Monday to see how I feel.

I love you ladies and I hope this news brings some hope and lefts "Huddy" spirits. Again all credit goes to HouseDailyDose.
laugh
I was about to post it myself!!!!!

Oh damn it....I was so close to be over this freaking dance of despair in which I go round in circles wishin and hopin and prayin XD Shore I HATE YOU!!!!
surprise
cuddy back? fingers crossed.
but I do not want to deceive me, I am like St. Thomas…to believe I need to put my finger in the wound.
Today is House’s Monday, I'm still waiting for a good painful episode…

@tammy – nice new avatar :-)

@bea – I’m seeing you jumping…please try not to fall off the chair! XDD

@bh “Oh yea, that scene: Doctor Adams & House..alone together..in elevator. Flashback..sigh. “
I miss so much the elevator…sex! XDDD
Great pic :-((((((

@mysusp “Since you all said Parents was so awful I may (gasp) skip it.”
Noooooooooooooooo! You have to suffer with us ;-)
Thanksgiving? Oh dear :(((( Do you remember the Thanksgiving episode? Those were good and pleasantly devastating old times.
I was on a trip eating mushrooms and truffles…does it work as well as virtual Thanksgiving dinner? I do not like the turkey…

By the way, no one has seen a movie centered on Thanksgiving Day, entitled "Home for the holidays"? It’s amazing, always makes me cry… it is a film about an American family during the Thanksgiving holidays. Dormant conflicts, emerging aggression, with painful, reunion, separation, childhood nostalgia, unbreakable ties.

Big hugs everyone :-))
Less than one hour and I am like a kid at Christmas. I still believe.
Where are you ladies at? Can't wait to see what you think about the latest episode. Don't want to give spoilers.
surprise
Wha?! Really...there is reason to "hope" just a little bit...reading your latest comments.
Well, okay then...what is it that Charlie Brown always says, "GOOD GRIEF!"
That's GOOD news..now give me that security blanket Linus! I feel a little warmer, safer, hopeful. (Love your new icon @tammy! :))

Later on the "Dead & Buried" epi. I'll watch tonight..and get back soon. I want to learn from you all too..your insights.

Agree with @fran, @mysusp, Hope we didn't discourage you from watching "Parents," it just wasn't my kind of episode..and...and..circus clowns scare me.

HAPPY ThanksGIVE! See you again.
Wha?!  Really...there is reason to "hope" just a little bit...reading your latest comments.
Well, oka

The medical cases in this episode were two of the best for me. The ability of the mind to compensate and repress what we cannot deal with and how circumstances and events in our life paralyze us. We get up and we breathe but we fail to really move on. We have to have answers in order to move on. We have to understand the traumas in our life in order to put them behind and really live again.

House's need, addiction to find the answers and to solve mysteries is characteristic of his own personal need to understand the events in his life that have marked him. He knows better than anyone to move on you must understand why something ended. Whether it be life or a relationship. He has so many details of his own life that he just cannot understand or cope with.

Before this episode I didn't really think I wanted Cuddy to come back and if she doesn't I am ok with it but now I can see a conversation between her and House that would put them back in the place they started. I didn't have a desire for her to come back if they were just going to give us more of what we have had. the writers this year have took a deep breath and we have gotten back to probing House's psyche, albeit very subtle.

I think House needed to understand how Cuddy moved on and even now that may actually help him to move on. I think it angered him to believe she could move on because he was stuck. He loved her and he felt a pain on a level that we had never seen. The anger is masked by the pain that he felt of losing her.

I loved Wilson's speech at how Cuddy had dealt with House all those years. For me again, it reminded me that in the work place Cuddy only needed to manage House but in our personal life we need to have some sort of control and knowing about our futures. The way we live our professional life is much different than the way we live our personal life.

Cuddy could accept and mange House's behaviors in the work place but in her personal life she needed more consistency. what the writers failed to do in season 7 I think they are accomplishing in season 8 and I can see now a path to bring Cuddy back.

This, for me, was an amazing episode.
heart
Confession. Until yesterday I didn’t love rewatching episodes of past seasons, not Moving On, Now What or even Help me. It is merit of the brave writers of Dead & Buried if I feel like if I found again House. Finally, an episode worthy of our doctor! What made me hope for the best about the episode was the opening scene with House who massaged his ankle / leg. I thought ... maybe ... they finally decide to show us a little bit of suffering… because, let's say it between us, a completely neglectful House, without emotion, without self-criticism was not House. In this episode I finally saw that TPTB are starting to weave the cloth, to connect the wires and the dots.
And finally I found again the mirroring dynamic between House and the POTW . The theme of this episode is the removal or, rather, the damage that the defense mechanism of repression can lead to our psyche. Sometime it is functional to our balance because it allows us, until we need it, to defend ourselves from traumatic experiences that have marked us. But it is also imperative that we,at some point, do help to deal with the trauma otherwise removal is a brake that does not allow us to move forward.
For this reason the POTW mother’s choice in Parents had irritated me a lot but now, thinking from the perspective of mirroring, that choice was perhaps the meaning of expressing the House’s situation at that time: we face our ghosts when we feel pretty strong enough to cope with them.
Maybe House, now, is ready. “People need answers” and House more than anyone else.

I'll watch again the episode (yes I will!! XDD) a couple of times and then I’ll add other comments.

Side note: hearing the word "Cuddy" repeated over and over ... it's good for the heart ;-)
kiss
Happy Thanksgiving american friends :-))
Happy Thanksgiving american friends :-))
Ahhh don't give me hope! I need to stay level headed because if they somehow brought Cuddy back only to have it be like Camerons return it would hurt so much. This week has had lots of House references in my life. Talking a couple of times with someone I got watching House, a rolling stones special on tv and a quote I found that reminds me of the show. "In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life---it goes on.". Robert Frost
kiss
Good evening! (evening? Well, at least for me XDDD )
Today Fanpop wasn’t working…damn it!

@rennie – welcome back :-) I like so much your hopefulNESS (italianish XD )

@Mysusp - Like you, I need to keep my feet on the ground. Great quote :-))

I wish you all a great House’s Monday
Good evening! (evening? Well, at least for me XDDD )
Today Fanpop wasn’t working…damn it!

@renni
heart
Sorry guys, I've been missing too. I had some computer issue and had to buy a new one and then too many things on my plate to cope :P Anyway I'm still not watching so xD When the last ep of this first half airs, so I can have a go at putting my back into it, for realz? Perhaps if my BF holds my hand....

@rrennie, my love, you know I much of a Huli I was, and I am - well, faith doesn't require facts to be on your side, right? Or is that advance post-OTO delusional syndrome? - but honestly I think whatever they come up with, there's a very good chance they won't let them brush their thighs against one another not even by mistake.

Oh the leg brushing memory....*dies*

How's everyone BTW? House aside I mean? Miss you gals ;) Love ya much!
I honestly see Cuddy coming in and saving the day. Whether it is the hospital and the way it is being run and or House. You can definitely see the the void left in House. I don't think it is a lack of passion I really believe he regrets things and he misses Cuddy if only the relationship they shared at work. She believed in him and she excited him as he excited her. Even if Cuddy has moved on there is and always will be a "feeling, a "chemistry" and an "excitement" between the two they will never find in someone else.

House seems dark this year but it is only setting up for a great finale. That's my story and I am sticking to it.

This week House coveting to the espresso machine that he bought Cuddy in season 6, the "sword" that belonged to his father, but that he also shared a moment with Cuddy that infamous night and day in his apartment. The gun worries me a little considering House is a Russian Roulette kind of guy. Time will tell.

The last two shows we get a moment of House reflection. Take heart ladies because I believe we are going to have a "barn burner" finale. I am even more driven to watch each moment intensely because I believe Cuddy's return is imminent.
smile
@bea, Good to read you..hope you get a vacation from work sometime soon. You know I'm understanding of Huli sentiment, (a nonbeliever), but as a wild dream..out there on the farthest of fringes, or "in-a-perfect-world fanfiction. I can't (& won't) "stop your love!"

@fran, I thought "Dead & Buried" was a good, solid episode too. It had an element of Sherlock mystery, human pathos & some major emotional gravitas. My 2nd fave epi of this season. I would actually like to watch that one again.

@tammy, I like your story that you are sticking to, except perhaps the "imminent" part of Cuddy's return..though it would be nice, even that is not soon enough!
Agree, there is a darkness to this season in more ways than one. Maybe it's my television, but the show literally seems darker, like the actual lights are lower, darker. Yea..don't know about the gun, (did NOT like the Hilson-paranoia punking..caught in net seemed silly-stupid). However, JOHN HOUSE'S flashy military sword seemed strangely ominous to me. Imagine House sticking the sharp end of his father's sword into an electric outlet..as he did before with potw's switchblade, trying to seek knowledge of a so called pain free "afterlife." (Sorry, that's dark). They say the best love stories end in death..I hope not for House & Cuddy. I hope we see a House epiphany about life & love, not death.

@rennie, Hope you & little one are all better. Not sure, but seems all the parents & teachers I know, are often sick from hanging around kid germs. Myself, I went to a Children's Museum, where kids are encouraged to "touch" & play with everything..I have NEVER been so sick as after that day...horrible!
Right, Foreman could get killed that way, playing with fire..meeting up with a married that way. Could spell trouble..and/or perhaps a path to Cuddy's return as @tammy-dear thinks this season is leading.

@mysusp, You make the best point, if we see a Cuddy return only to see a Cameron type closure to Huddy..that would be beyond the pale..unless well, it's really..really HOT..I shall wish & howl upon the moon for a picture perfect ending!
@bea, Good to read you..hope you get a vacation from work sometime soon.  You know I'm understanding
@BH and @mysuspicionis - I don't think it will be a Cameron thing. House and Cuddy had too much presence in each other's life. The gun I think is real. I am absolutely convinced of that. I think House is reflecting and maybe show by show needing now to find some meaning. The void inside him is just huge.

@Fran2 - we face our ghosts when we feel pretty strong enough to cope with them.
Maybe House, now, is ready. “People need answers” and House more than anyone else.

Yes. I think the darkness @rrennie that we have been discussing is just the huge void inside House. He is stuck between needing the answers and being afraid to have them in his own personal life. This is a different House. He is capable of quite a bit of anger and uncovering things in his life may lead to a great deal more of that. "It may get a lot worse before it gets better. They are trying to keep him at an entertaining level while slowly peeling the layers away.

Cuddy coming back could happen because the hospital gets in trouble, Foreman wants to go back to being a doctor, etc. I do think that House and Cuddy will have that talk that we have all waited to hear. I don't think they will get back together. I do believe that what will happen we give all of us closure that makes sense.
smile
Hey girls. I will be back this week. I just had to check in quickly to say hi :). I hope everyone is doing well. I have a new student that has Rachel Cuddy hair and she reminds me of her a bit. She is adorable and today I sat on the floor asking her to identify her numbers and it made me think of the hilarious House and Rachel blocks scene. "orange!"
My favorite scene? House popping vicodin. Just saying. Everything else seemed to me a stretch, especially the pathetic attempt to make comic the scenes between House and Wilson. Really heavy. Where is gone the Wilson I loved ? The smart Wilson? Why is he persecuting House that way over the top? It seems that the friendship between House and Wilson is impoverished by the last season, it seems fake and forced as if they were walking on eggs, it does not seem authentic, it miss those great moments of emotional depth that characterized their friendship. I did not like even the House’s frequent smiles, not to mention the clinic patient (a prostitute??? Again????!!!).
Before each episode I'm here to hope with all my strength to succeed at last a change, a return to that House who shakes me emotionally,them showing us again his essence. I would still be able to touch his soul and instead I find myself frustrated.
It could be that after all the speculation during season 7, when we all thought that eventually they would find a way to patch up the story in a credible way and instead we found ourselves holding a handful of flies, I can not see the development of a coherent story. Is it possible that after 8, and I say 8!, episodes I'm still here waiting to see something significant and meaningful?
I don’t know. I am a little bitter. The sword? was it the same we saw in Now What? Are they trying to bite me again, making me think about Cuddy but at the same time knowing that the sword belonged to House’s father they are still holding open a loophole to say eventually that the reference to Cuddy wasn’t real because everything was referring exclusively to House’s family history? I want to know NOW. I do not like being teased and that's how I feel. It’s really a huge void, that's what we're supposed to feel? Am I getting paranoid?

other thoughts, even on your comments, later
@bea – come on ... stop with this avoidance syndrome ... take the bull by the horns and make a full immersion XD

@bh - Dead & Buried was great but now TPTB seem to make a step forward and three back. I'm losing patience, you see? :-)

@tammy “I really believe he regrets things and he misses Cuddy if only the relationship they shared at work. She believed in him and she excited him as he excited her. Even if Cuddy has moved on there is and always will be a "feeling, a "chemistry" and an "excitement" between the two they will never find in someone else.”
You always find the right words :-))
If I think about all the wasted potential it makes me more sad :-(
And the espresso machine? How could I ignore it? So we have the sword, the espresso machine and what else?

Additional thoughts. As I watched the teaser for a moment I thought I'd be looking at TGW ... O_O ... and as I watched TGW there were strong hints with LE referring to House. It's a case this intermingling of the two series, or it’s wanted? I don’t understand, maybe it's just Hollywood.
Returning to Wilson, the man no longer has a social life? We do not know anything about him and this is a huge failure. Is it possible that we don’t know anything about his relational life outside of his friendship with House? How is Wilson? Even for him the ended story with Sam did not leave trains? He feels good, bad, depressed, goes to hell…...just let us know something or the new title of the series could turn into "The fabulous adventures of two incurable male spinsters" … scared of women ;-))
@bea – come on ... stop with this avoidance syndrome ... take the bull by the horns and make a full
hmmm
Fran I'll try, but I seriously am stuck....I don't feel like it at all.
Enjoyed your latest comments..as we look to the approaching "closure" of (H)ouse MD. Like Hugh Laurie, hoping the show goes out on a "bang and not a whimper." (Hmmm..fingers crossed).

@tammy, .."they are trying to keep House at an entertaining level, while peeling away the layers."
Very well put & I agree. However, I think the show is much less entertaining now on many levels. I realize that it was Lisa Edelstein's Cuddy..who made this show flow, tick, MOVE along..gave it a strong bracing, backing, reason, meaning..in her unique leadership role as DEAN. Not just due to the sexual tension of our beloved Huddy, but LE's personal ENERGY!

@mysusp, Aah..cute story..fond Rachel memory!

@bluehue spewing a few more quick random opinions: (forgive me).
1. Park is ok, but very monotone delivery, bordering on depressing, her character is becoming less interesting to me.
2. Chase as that TV Aussie kangaroo-ish doctor was NOT funny or remotely believable to me..and that one scene damaged his (previously developed) character.
3. Adams is a pretty face, though with a forced persona..like there is simply not enough time to play her out in a meaningful way, as the show is winding DOWN..not UP.
4. Hilson is a shadow of its former self. :(((((
5. I wish Amber-ghost would come back, like that ghost of Christmas past..and whip everyone back into shape!!
6. Still watching the show, but with a healthy dose of que sera, sera, "what will be, will be."

@Fran, Sadly, I agree with ALL that you say about HIlson. You also mention the sword's appearance in "Now What," how could I forget? Yes! The pen is mightier than the sword..and that sword was "sharp" and oh so witty!! Love you girl!

@bea, Yep, "STUCK!" That word sums it quite well..in a nutshell...time will tell...what the hell.

See you soon..happy Christmas-type shopping. I'll try to bring all your "presents" next time! LOL.
So are we going to see Houses biological father this year? Or get into His childhood demons again. I read a remark on another board where someone pointed out that the reason House kept the sword and gun was that he does feel something for the father who raised him. Remember that beautiful scene we got in season 6 of House whispering to the memory of his father that not all the times they had together were bad? And then Wilsons whisper that showed a House with some hope "see he really is getting better.". Come on writers and producers a finale that shows House at peace. Listen to Hugh Laurie! Did anyone watch the deleted scenes of the season 6 episode with the childhood Greg holding his fathers hand and looking up into his face. Excitedly riding in an army jeep with him and blowing out candles on a cake? By the way I have never seen the Sherlock Holmes movie although I love Robeft Downey jr (iron man was one of the few superhero movies I loved). The trailer for the SH sequel came on the other day. Irene Adler asks Sherlock what do you see? And he replies "Everything that is my curse". How true to character did they keep House in regards go that aspect wow!
M
Sorry for poor punctuation and the M that randomly appeared. I type mostly from my phone now and
I am too tired to write nicely.
@BH - . Still watching the show, but with a healthy dose of que sera, sera, "what will be, will be."

I think this is the mentality I adopted finally after watching "Bombshells" 100 times. They gave us no choice but to come to terms with House and Cuddy breaking up. I love the character so much I had to accept the reality and "Move On."

I do think it is written for House to seem a little out of touch. He tried to deal with his feelings and it was a mess. Although it is not said I think he believes more than ever he will not find happiness. But, there is still something inside him that keeps reaching back, that doesn't completely let go and give up.

I definitely think they are trying to show Foreman as restless and struggling with all the paperwork, finances, etc. to make way for a Cuddy's return.

I am hoping for House to find a peace with himself in the end of this. Things may have to get bad before they get worse. House writers have proven one things; if they are slamming House most of the time it finds the light. if things are going well for him the bottom will surely drop out.
@BH - . Still watching the show, but with a healthy dose of que sera, sera, "what will be, will be."
smile
@bh – I agree with your 1 to 6 points and especially with “que sera sera”.....
when starts House? January 16?
It’s time to write my list of non-wishes for the remaining part of the season ;-)
NO Foreman sex
NO Chase-Adams couple
NO more Taub storyline
NO more Hilson stupid jokes
NO happy House until Cuddy returns ;-))))))

OT: I’m watching Once Upon A Time and I am enjoying it because it’s simple and relaxing. I also like Cameron…oooopppsssss *Freudian slip*…Jennifer Morrison XDDD

@mysusp “Did anyone watch the deleted scenes of the season 6 episode with the childhood Greg…”
What? When? Where? you have a link? Thanks :-)))

@tammy “watching "Bombshells" 100 times”
O_O you’re a braveheart! I’m still in denial…
“House writers have proven one things; if they are slamming House most of the time it finds the light. if things are going well for him the bottom will surely drop out.”
Very good point…

I am curious to see how they’ll develop the rest of the season, whereas.....Los Tiempos Van Cambiando
I didn't realize House would be gone till Jan. Hmm dropping by with "Christmas presents" as bluehue said and maybe having some off topic posts about different tv shows, movies and books would be fun. @ Fran I will look for those and post if I can find. They were right after the episode aired and I think the writers shared the link. I've been told I must watch New Girl on Fox from the beginning so I will start that when I get time. I want to see the movie The Descendants and guilty pleasure movie New Year even though I made fun of it. :). Don't know what book to read next. I still need to watch the 2011 Jane Eyre over holidays!! Ultimate wish/--to see Cuddy AND Rachel, meet Houses bio dad, gave him resolve his issues somewhat so he is ready to be emotionally healthy. And an ending that makes us think that Yes of course he will try again with Cuddy. The second to last episode ending was wonderful. "you can't keep going like this something has to change". "I know". "house I hope your leg gets better and I hope we can be friends again soon..."
smile
So I'm checking in to say hi. I know Christmas time is busy and we have no house till jan. I am reminded of different episodes all the time. The other night I was watching an old Seinfield episode which would have aired years before anyone ever thought of House. George was frantically trying to guess why a psychic warned him. He yelled "is it lupus!!?". I heard a song called Poision and Wine by The Civil Wars which is a song about the dichotomy of love and apropos to the themes in House/Cuddy. "...your mouth Is poison your mouth is wine....I don't love you but I always will. I don't love you but I always will". "I wish you'd hold me when I turn my back..." Strange that I listen to very little country music but I end up quoting it a lot on here...
Must be all those themes of loss and heartache. Hee hee. Anyone else always think of House when Maroon 5. Moves like Jagger plays?
heart
Hi forum friends!!

Checking in today too @mysusp! Glad to read your lone comments!!

YES..I remember that Seinfield epi, that was a funny one..if I remember right, George had that oxygen tube stuck up one nostril, snorting & talking very nasal..so pathetic. I can imagine House out-snarking George "Can't-Stand-Yaz" Costanza..stoking his fears..telling him, "yes..you have "lupus doofus" or "bald spot on brain syndrome" or something, George all curled up in fetal position like a ButterBall turkey..hee hee.

@fran, I like your "NO" list...check, check, check check, check!!
Any which way you look at it, House show could use a SPECIAL GUEST appearance..by a special female someone! I'll ask Santa..and see what he can do.

Guys, I'm terribly behind on my Christmas shopping..so have to get going big time today. HELP!

Oh yea..@mysusp, you mentioned the movie "Descendents." I just saw first promo for that..looks really good. I enjoy Mr. Clooney. We usually go OUT to a movie over Christmas. I'm wondering about "Hugo" also, Martin Scorcesee's new children's film..looks to be good too.

NOTE: I'll give a Christmas PROP to first forum-matie..who guesses the artist/painter this cartoon is based on !

(H)appy (H)olidays..and (H)ouse (H)iatus!!!
Hi forum friends!!

Checking in today too @mysusp!  Glad to read your lone comments!!

YES..I remembe
So happy to see you bluehue :). With all the thinking I did about House I ended up dreaming. Cuddy was dating someone post finale---quite a time in the future. The dream was nonsensical of course but their hands kept touching and they kissed so bad news to Lucas the second. :). I bought a book today called Jane which asks the question what if Jane eyre dated a rock star? :). It is a modern retelling possibly a young adult because I bought it from a department store where it wash ed in with coffee table books etc. I don't know the painter or name but that us the picture of the people on the diner. They used it on TCM commercials long ago. I actually rewatched a classic movie last might Bringing Up Baby. I realize I've rambled off topic. Speaking of guest appearances on wiki it lists a Feb episode (which is when sweeps are) being titled Nobody's Fault. !!!! That actually excites me. There is also an ep where Chase meets a nun who gets inside his head. Sounds really interesting with chases background and his guilt issues. Maybe we will see some spiritual issues come up and maybe chase can find some peace and forgiveness?
monkey
My goodness auto correct makes me look like I've dropped 20 IQ points
kiss
@bh – what’s that pic? PPTH’s hall? Heelp!!! XDD

My dear last Huddies … I feel torn by two opposing states of mind…...the usual bipolar disorder you know ;-))) ...
1 - possible title for the season 8 finale: “Semper Solus”
Semper solus et inquietus
Nihil me adducit ad te obliviscendum.
Insanus sum propter nostalgiam
Et semper insanior fio.

Translation:
Always lonely and restless,
Nothing makes me forget you,
I'm crazy about nostalgia
And more and more crazy.

2 - hope dies last ... then an old evergreen video *doublesigh*

Peace and Love
heart
Aahh..always nice to find your replies, even though our show is in a slow down.

Now you are forced into art history class by @bluehue.
FYI: Offers answer to previous QUIZ question:
American realist painter Edward Hopper, his famous 1942 "Nighthawks" painting of a "cinematic sidewalk view of an all night diner..minimal interaction of people..the harsh electric light..sets it apart from the dark night outside..creating a subtle mood of loneliness." (I missed that on TCM..@mysusp).

@mysusp, Ha..I like your meanderings..your creative Cuddy dream scenario..even a bit sorry for ol'Lucas, that's sweet. Hmmm, "Nobody's Fault," sounds good..Chase & nun..can't wait! Remembering House & the nun..who got sick on some tea.

@fran, "Torn by opposing states of mind.." You are not alone in your nostalgia..hopes or dreams! (see @mysusp).
"Semper Solus," could very well be..title of that Hopper painting..or HOUSE S8-finale...triple sigh!
Alone is okay. Loneliness..a higher level of separation. Our man House may be hard to love..but..I guess he has held onto companion Wilson..therefore clinging to past & future. On that cheery note, we'll see you again..until then..a very MERRY CHRISTMAS..forum companions!!
Aahh..always nice to find your replies, even though our show is in a slow down.

Now you are forced i
smile
Merry Christmas to all :). Christmas Eve is my birthday. :). Fortunately I am no longer freaked out about getting older as bluehue said que sera sera. And I'm thankful God has given me another year on this Earth with good health and happiness. That makes me sound ancient! I am a year younger than BH if I remember correct and s few years older than Tammy and Bea. Fran, I know what you mean as I told my friend when we were discussing shows over lunch this summer "I guess I'm watching House till the bitter end". But my friend immediately said "they'll bring her back for the last episode". She told me she got hooked on Korean dramas on Netflix. I may have to check some out. They are two seasons long, tearjerkers with happy endings usually. I have watched very few subtitled things but a beautiful heartbreaking movie in mandarin
Is called In the Mood for Love. Beautiful music, cinematography, and even costumes. See you all later, a little older but let's not hope wiser :)
heart
@bh - I love your art history class :-))

@mysusp – happy birthday dear! It’s nice to grow old together, right? and then it’s important to stay young inside ;-)
I watched In the Mood for Love and I agree, it’s amazing.

I see that we are trying to keep up our morale with new series preferably with happy endings. Good.....so we can happily start to suffer again in January XDDD

Merry Christmas to you all and your loved ones :-)
I want to wish everyone a "Merry Christmas." You are some of the best ladies in the world. I look forward to dissecting 2012 House with you and maybe we will even get a season 9. I am doing a season 4, 5, and 6 marathon to pass the holidays by.

Love you ladies a bunch.
laugh
Tammy I read your message quickly so my mind read it as "directing" 2012 with you...hmmm I think I would prefer our direction and creative vision ;). Move over GY! Hee hee
The "Huddy Void" directing.......hmmmmm....... definitely is a new perspective. We do that a little anyway but I hope we will back here directing or dissecting 2012 episodes, "and maybe a 2013?"

Cue @Fran to give us our 2012 in a picture story form.
smile
Yes we've definitely done some directing as you say. Hope everyone has had a nice Christmas.
link

Ok Ladies here is the 411 on "HOUSE" THEY ARE TALKING SEASON 9 AND CUDDY COMING BACK!!!!!!!! for season 8 finale and then so on and so on. Do I hear seasons 1-6 coming back??????

Come on ladies we are going to get our dreams back.