Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 606 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 551-600 of 606

over a year ago luv_warriorcatz said…
1. There is nothing complex about Twilight; it's a typical romance book, hence YA FICTION. Also just because it's for children, doesn't mean make it inferior. For example, a simple children's book like Coraline speaks way more to me than The Hunger Games.

2. There is no way that climax was one bit "exciting."

3. "Rivals?"
over a year ago karolinak1999 said…
laugh
okay luv_warriorcatz I'll try to explain this as clearly as I can, you must find it hard to understand 'rivals' as in on the opposite team..your clearly a Potterhead I'm a twihard so we're 'rivals or whatever else you want to call it..maybe a better word would be 'opponent' is that easier for you? or are you still questioning that theory?

I agreee with Coraline being more than The Hunger Games though.....Twilight might have seemed simplistic but there is more depth to it I assure you!!
over a year ago CTeden said…
It's quite strange how all of the Potterheads are laughing at Bella for trying to commit suicide. For starters, she fucking stated she didn't try to kill herself. Look it up instead of embarrassing yourself. She wanted to be able to see Edward again, no matter what. Love makes you do stupid things.

And if she was trying to kill herself; why in the hell would anyone find it funny? She became so depressed that she didn't care if she lived or died. The love of her life just told her he didn't want her. That's worse than having someone just die, because at least you know they didn't just abandon you without very good reason. Does anyone remember a case of bullying causing suicide last year? This girl killed herself, and one of the bullies wrote on Facebook that yes, she bullied her, and she didn't care that she killed herself. You people joking about Bella's attempted (ish) suicide are just as bad as that girl on Facebook. Iit doesn't matter if the person is fictional or whatever. Seriously people, stop being dicks.
karolinak1999 commented…
Well said!!! over a year ago
LunaNotLoony commented…
It's very different. That girl was real, she had real friends, real family and that comment would hurt them. Bella isn't a real person. And, as to 'love making you do funny things', the fact that Bella needed to jump over a cliff really shows her strength of character, doesn't it? Hermione kept going on the most dangerous mission of her life, even after Ron, the love of her life left her. Ginny revamped the D.A, when Harry left her, for the precise same reasons as Edward left Bella. Twilight is teaching people that it is good and right to jump over a cliff because a boy you've known for a few weeks dumps you. Harry Potter tells you to face up to the pain, and keep going, keep fighting, keep doing the right thing. And, whatever you say, Twi-hards, jumping over a cliff isn't the right thing. It might be understandable, sometimes, but it is not the right thing. Bella is not a good example or role model over a year ago
Ravenclaw2001 commented…
"the love of her life". Bella is a terrible role model. over a year ago
I already understood the meaning. My comment was more " Rivals? Are you serious?" than "Rivals? What do you mean?" Sorry for the misunderstanding.
And no, Twilight will never be complex no matter how much you say it is.
last edited over a year ago
The reason why I can't take the suicide thing seriously is because her movtivation was lame. Plus, I can't take anything Smeyer writes seriously. Just look at that prose.
over a year ago simplesimmer said…
No,No,No. karolinak1999 hold your sparkly fairy loving butt up a minute.

1. Yes i have said that you have had ok-ish ( not my exact words but thats all you're gonna get) points. But repetitive I think i speak on behalf of all potterheads when i say that we are not ina way repeating more drilling it into your heads what the better series is.

2. A childrens book siriusly (see what i did there) are you mental. how in the name of all that is logical is Twilight of all things more 'mature' than Harry potter. Twilight is about having a boyfriend. Harry Potter is about finding yourself and facing your fears. It's about doing what is right, not what is easy. It has lessons that will carry through with people until they're old and grey. How is it plain, it has moving staircases and ghosts and dragons. It is in no way plain.

3. I agree no more name calling but just know that HP does not keep it PG.

4. Not get through their fur...really that is possibly the worst reason ever. Dream catcher vudu.... that is not logical at all it was just a little gift. I have one. It doesn't mean the person who gave it to me is a Shape shifting werewolf.

5. I did too have a problem with that. But if you look on the bright side there is still places in England. :)

6. You don't have to be on the 'dark side' to kill someone if you take a look at good old Molly Weasly she killed Bella(the better one).

7...... What climax was that then ? Did i miss something important ? There was no battle no fights nothing all that exciting.

8. Bella was not determined.... she was batcrap delusional. She almost died trying to see a figment of her imgination. Now on the other hand our Bella i am assuming done that black mist thing the death eaters are able to do.

9. I may have not clarified my opinion properly what i meant when i stated 'that was who he was' wa that he knew that his family was in the wrong. it wasn't just a little boy being rebelious, it was his way of showing that he wasn't like them. He didn't care about pure bloods and their fancies of being better than everyone. he knew that slytherin was his families traditional house but he didn't care about what said house stood for he liked the idea of being different and so went to the rival house.

10. I now you don't like potterheads being repetitive but....... we have better quotes.

Thank you for thinking (even if you didn't) about telling me the bold italics thing

That last one.....really. not nice. not nice at all.
big smile
I do agree that Seth was loyal but Leah's 'toughness' came from the bitterness of seeing Sam and Emily together.And how is dating a weasly (even Precy) not a win?
~ They're blood-traitors

Our James was a bully, you're right, but he had a choice. he could have apparated out and went into hiding because Voldemort was only after Harry. But he stayed. He was brave. Your James was not a convincing psycho. He wasn't even scary. He has got nothing on Bellatrix.
~ I'll put it this way; our James was, yours was NOT! - even the young one. James was a leader, Bellatrix a follower, Bellatrix died quickly surprisingly Molly didnt go through too much trouble, unlike the entire Cullen family had to go after him rip gim into pieces to succeed! oohhe's got stuff on her alright!

SM did not make it better. How did she make it better?
~ Well...in Twilight a somewhat attractive young male, ususally shirtless drove it, while in Harry Potter a big fat, hairy guy with a young boy with him......

Correct, everyone from the the age 5 and up CAN write. He was referring the quality of writing being put to the table when Mr.King said that ''Stephanie Meyer couldn't write worth a darn''.
~ well Twilight is a best-seller.....he's just a hater, not his genre...

Dude, Stephen King's one of the most well-known novelist of the 21'th century. with a shit ton of books, many of which have been adapted to movies. Yeah, pretty much all of his stuff are bestsellers, so I don't what you're talking about not being his genre.
over a year ago LunaNotLoony said…
I do agree that Seth was loyal but Leah's 'toughness' came from the bitterness of seeing Sam and Emily together.And how is dating a weasly (even Precy) not a win?
~ They're blood-traitors
- Have you read the books? Blood traitor is a degrading name death-eaters give the Weasleys, but it doesn't mean anything. It just shows how there is prejudice against everyone, even the Weasleys who are really nice to Harry. Sure, they have flaws like everyone, they do fight, because every family fights a bit, it's healthy, everyone expressing their views. Blood traitor means they are willing to fight against evil, even though they wouldn't be targeted if they kept their heads down! I think fighting when you don't have to if just as, if not more so, noble than fighting because if you don't, you'll be killed. So, basically, yes, dating a Weasley is dangerous, but they are good people, and after the war, it is definitely a win!

Our James was a bully, you're right, but he had a choice. he could have apparated out and went into hiding because Voldemort was only after Harry. But he stayed. He was brave. Your James was not a convincing psycho. He wasn't even scary. He has got nothing on Bellatrix.
~ I'll put it this way; our James was, yours was NOT! - even the young one. James was a leader, Bellatrix a follower, Bellatrix died quickly surprisingly Molly didnt go through too much trouble, unlike the entire Cullen family had to go after him rip gim into pieces to succeed! oohhe's got stuff on her alright!
-Bellatrix isn't the main evil person; you are right, she was a follower. Still pretty scary, and she still avoided capture and death for a long time, until Molly, mad with anger, managed to kill her. But it took a LOT of effort for Harry and the Order to kill Voldemort. Lots of basically good people died to him: Sirius (Bellatrix killed him in a duel- that was a failed attemp for Sirius to kill her, and that didn't take effort), Dumbledore, Snape, Fred, James, Lily, Tonks, Lupin, Cedric the list goes on. They sacrificed themselves for the war, and I think that is going through a lot of trouble. Even Harry, Ron and Hermione, who managed to avoid death, went on a year-long mission, and, you know, Ron backing out of it and coming back, that was realistic! Because the effort was so draining that someone was going to crack, sometime, but Ron, he had the balls to come back again. No, he wasn't perfect, but that's realistic!!

SM did not make it better. How did she make it better?
~ Well...in Twilight a somewhat attractive young male, ususally shirtless drove it, while in Harry Potter a big fat, hairy guy with a young boy with him......
-Urgh! You sound really mature, you know. Really mature. Yes, that was sarcasm.
Well, before Hagrid drove it, Sirius Black (another thing SM copied!) did, and as a teen, Sirius Black was 'somewhat attractive', you know. And if you'd stop going on about Edward the sparkling fairy being hot, and looked around for things like plot, writing skill, and realistic characterisation you might appreciate Harry Potter more.

Correct, everyone from the the age 5 and up CAN write. He was referring the quality of writing being put to the table when Mr.King said that ''Stephanie Meyer couldn't write worth a darn''.
~ well Twilight is a best-seller.....he's just a hater, not his genre...
-Look at luv_warriorcatz post. And sure, Stephen King might not write romance, but he is a good enough writer to know a good love story from a bad one, even if he doesn't like them... and SM can't write worth a darn.
Thank you to LunaNotLoony for your support.

~ They're blood-traitors ------- Please they are one of the best wizarding families out there they are not prejudice against muggles and muggle-borns.

~ I'll put it this way; our James was, yours was NOT! - even the young one. James was a leader, Bellatrix a follower, Bellatrix died quickly surprisingly Molly didnt go through too much trouble, unlike the entire Cullen family had to go after him rip gim into pieces to succeed! oohhe's got stuff on her alright! --------- it took years to find and kill Bellatrix the killing curse kills quickly, that's what its supposed to do. your james was insane and was quite easily found and killed in a matter of days. ours lasted months in hiding. You do NOT get to hate on molly weasly.

~ Well...in Twilight a somewhat attractive young male, ususally shirtless drove it, while in Harry Potter a big fat, hairy guy with a young boy with him...... -------------- You mean a know it all pedo, with nothing better to do than try to steal a girl already in a relationship and,who, when that fails goes after said girls baby. it was sirius' bike not hagrids and FYI hagrid is awesome. so awesome that he got trusted with the wizarding worlds only hope at ever defeating the Dark lord.

~ well Twilight is a best-seller.....he's just a hater, not his genre...-------------------------- A hater, really. he is ten times the writer SM will ever be. and SM is only a best seller because she preys on the minds of teenage girls who think having a glittery boyfriend is cool.

I'm looking forward to your response on this and my other post.

........Our quotes are still better.
over a year ago LunaNotLoony said…
I just thought I'd say: Twilight fans, twi-hard is NOT a compliment. It's an insult, a play on the phrase try-hards. Just so you know, twilight fans, don't call yourself twi-hards.
KatiiCullen94 commented…
That's very true. over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
Or you could always call them twi-tards. (just a suggestion) over a year ago
karolinak1999 commented…
uhmm....I thought we talked about name calling?! okay then...at least our nickname dosen't suggest we smoke weed....and I don't think twi-hard is an insult or a compliment, it's just a way of addressing our fanbase and objectively speaking twi-hard is a cooler name than potter heads{wtf?, lameeee!!} over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
Does not insinuate we do drugs over a year ago
over a year ago libsrocks said…
this is so amazing....i am yet to read an article written bu twilight fans which make any sense
twilight has a plot
it may have a plot but even has many holes......it's so stupid that a whole powerful coven of vampire is finding it so difficult to kill one psycho victoria and than later on bella gets pregnant....vampires have family and now even kids.....i like that vampires try to retain their humanity but it's seems like cullens have totally forgotten how to be vampires.....they are so sweet in nature that it sucks.....i love vampires but i prefer bad ass katheirne pierce over any twilight vampire
the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented
no wonder they gets awards from mtv awards and get nominated in worst actors and even win them....that's something hardly any harry potter actor had achieved
bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)
friendship? bella doesn't even have friends.....she had one best friend with whom she fell in love in the end of third book and later made him her future son-in-law.....her human friends were too dumb be get her attention or maybe she was too blind by edward's sparkling skin to notice them
the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them
that's something you need to ask the actors and not just assume.....last heard robert pattinson hated edward cullen and is still not able to get bella's attraction for the character and rest of the twilgiht cast seemed too happy to never return on the sets of twilight
the characters are not all good or all evil
read harry potter books with the brain which you must have left while reading twilight series.....even he greatest wizard dumbledore had his flaws and was actually very selfish character
bella has a normal life because she goes to school and hangs out with her boyfriend
well said.....bella goes to school to attend her classes only with her boyfriend and hangs out only with her boyfriend....no boyfriend no life
most of your reasons are very lame and can only to agreed by twilgiht fans
you do one thing.....make a very hot boyfrined and just hang out with him only and when he breaks up with you go in coma stage for at least 5-6 months.....if your parents's let you live like this than i promise to agree with each of your points but if they don't you will see the right way yourelf
just a tip: capitalization, spelling, punctuation makes your paragraph so much more pleasing to the eye
karolinak1999 commented…
well what would you expect from a Potterhead... over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
NOT NICE !!!!!! over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
I hv read both but i like twilight more.......So is there a problem..........Jst asking........And basically saying tht twilight has more romance doesnt necesarily mean tht HP doesnt hv romance........It is about more or less and not about all and none.........There r things in Hp tht r better thn twilight but tht doesnt make twilight inferior or anything like tht.........IT is tht u ppl dnt even wnt 2 see anything good in twilight...........And i think if so many ppl(not all) r fan of twilight thn there must b smthing in twilight.....-------- That was taken from page 13 of this very forum. Well what would you expect from a Twihard over a year ago
over a year ago KatiiCullen94 said…
^luv_warriorcatz; Agree with you on that one.
over a year ago Ravenclaw321 said…
1- the writing is better

This is your opinion. Therefore not a valid reason.

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

Again a opinion not a reason.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

She also teaches you that you need a boyfriend to live. Hermione teaches you that Knowledge is important and Luna teaches you to be yourself and never change for anyone.

4-it has a PLOT!!

So does Harry Potter.

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting

OPINION!!!!!

6- the effects are amazing

OPINION!!!!!

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

Actually it's about a boy who learns he is a wizard and goes to school and has to destroy Voldemort;

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them

Robert Patterson (Sorry if I didn't spell it right) said he would rather be Cedric Diggory than Edward.

9-the characters are not all good or all evil

Snape wasn't all evil or all good

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

Voldermort is evil because he grew up without a loving family and he believed that purebloods were better.

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

OPINION!!!!!

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

OPINION. and

Have you seen the Harry Potter Books covers, they are amazing, especially the Swedish Ones!

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool

So do that Harry Potter ones and this is a OPINION.

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form

Okay the sparkling vampire is creative.

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

If Harry Potter fan-fiction is worst or better is your opinion, but in mine I find the twilight ones are annoy.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool

Potterhead is awesome as well sorry. IT'S AN OPINION TO.

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative

OPINION

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

So? How does this make it better, yes it shows that even if you hate each other you can work together to do something, but Remus and Snape hated each other and they worked together to teach the students.

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

Okay, when I first read this I looked up which BOOK series had won more, and I couldn't even find the bit on Twilight where is said they had won awards, where as on Harry Potter, I found that all of the books had won a lot of awards.

(I did my research on Wikipedia)

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

You learn about friendship, love, family, loyalty, to be yourself, to never give in or give up, to stick to your gut, to treat everyone respectfully no matter who or what they are.

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

Harry Potter has created an imaginative world, this year, in America Diagon alley is opening. It's opened a new world to some people and plus the emotions are deep.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

No. The words in Twilight are hard to understand, and sometimes it's better to use words that everyone knows that long words that you need to look up.

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world

you've already said about the imaginative world.

24- twilight is read by a massive audience

Have you seen the Harry Potter audience???

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

OPINION!

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

Harry Potter Quotes have meaning and importance.

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character

J.K Rowling showed who the characters were and developed them.
Seriously, the Harry Potter fan-base don't seem to be skilful writers, recycling same 10 reasons over and over again, the effort of proving them wrong{again} Once before I challenged you to create an original reason, still failed to do so...
simplesimmer commented…
I did!!!!!!! your reasons consist of hot characters and how Bella is a role model <------- how ? over a year ago
~You are once again right all names do have meaning, but the message i was trying to convey was that the names in HP have relevance to the books. and they are more interesting. e.g. - Hermione + Severus VS Angela + Mike.
~ Well if you watch Twilight carefully{which I do everytime} you'd notice Aro from the Volturi make reference to Bella's name 'Isabella' being Italian, and the Volturi is Italian... so what? you might think but I think it's a very genuine comment of him, which I could go on and on in theories if you clinge on to it too much....

~see number 2 for my response to your ''age range of fans'' comment
~ Twilight; I read it, my mom read it, my grandmother read it. big age range there!!!
~ Harry Potter; I read it{the only reason I did was peer pressure though felt like the odd one out haven't read it, we're talking about the AGE RANGE though}

J.K. wrote a better love story in one word than SM did in four books. 'Always'- Severus Snape.
~ Meyer's 'Forever' - Bella&Edward beats it...and besides Severus got friend-zoned.. hardly a love story there, love story has to come from both sides..

~ would like to make a reference to your number 2992. America and Britain worked TOGETHER to stop the rise of Hitler and the Nazis.
~ America and Britain were the allies, but America was richer more powerful and it was them that ended the war....Britain tried their best but....how do I put this nicely....failed..

you also noted ( wrongly) that Bella is a role model for girls. How?
~ Wrote a lot on that in some of my much earlier points.

~ They're blood-traitors ------- Please they are one of the best wizarding families out there they are not prejudice against muggles and muggle-borns.
~ Thats what makes them blood-traitors...

~ Well if you watch Twilight carefully{which I do everytime} you'd notice Aro from the Volturi make reference to Bella's name 'Isabella' being Italian, and the Volturi is Italian... so what? you might think but I think it's a very genuine comment of him, which I could go on and on in theories if you clinge on to it too much.... ------------------------------ Regulus is Sirius Black's brother. To dumb them down, Sirius was on the good side. Regulus was not. However, Regulus, after joining the Death Eaters is disgusted by the killing. So he betrays them, steals one of Voldemort's most prized possesion, and tries to destroy it. Unfortunately, he is killed in the process. Sirius never knew what happened to him. Instead, he believed that Regulus was a coward to the day he died.

Regulus's name means basalisk. The Basalisk is a giant snake that is evil and is accioated with Voldemort and death. But Regulus is also the name of a star in the sky. That star is the heart of the Leo the Lion constellation. Lions represent the (mostly) good and brave side.

So Regulus was a snake with the heart of a lion. He was a Death Eater that gave his life to defeat Voldemort. It's fitting.
His name is also the name of an old roman martyr that was believed to have drank a potion in order to save Rome.
Regulus, in order to steal Voldemort's prized possesion (and key to immortality), drinks a potion that nearly drives the drinker mad and makes them horribly weak. ------------- That is one of the many ways J.K puts more care and backround into her writing than SM. Your little ''Isabella'' argument is now invalid.

~ Twilight; I read it, my mom read it, my grandmother read it. big age range there!!!
~ Harry Potter; I read it{the only reason I did was peer pressure though felt like the odd one out haven't read it, we're talking about the AGE RANGE though} ------------------ I have a hard time believing your NAN read twilight. The beauty of HP is that any age range can read it and get different ideas from it. I was with my twi-hard cousin who put twilight on the T.V and when it was over my nan was like '' vampires don't sparkle, I was hoping he would burn and the movie would be over''

~ Meyer's 'Forever' - Bella&Edward beats it...and besides Severus got friend-zoned.. hardly a love story there, love story has to come from both sides.. ---------- Yes you can. It's called unrequited love. And it gave so much depth to what their ( Severus and Lily's) relationship was like and how he felt when it ended.
His last words were asking to look into Harry's eyes because they were the same as Lily's, the woman he never lost his love for. He made a mistake and regretted it and that really showed in the way his character was like for example: Severus Snape, in Harry's first potions class said, "Potter! What would I get if I added powdered root of Aphsodel to an infusion of Wormwood!"

It seems like a random question, but it has a hidden meaning.

In an old victorian language, aphsodel is a type of lily and it means "my regrets follow you to the grave." wormwood means "absense" and symbolizes bitter sorrow. Adding those together, one gets,

"I bitterly regret Lily's death."

~ America and Britain were the allies, but America was richer more powerful and it was them that ended the war....Britain tried their best but....how do I put this nicely....failed.. ----------America only joined because they couldn't protect themselves (Pearl Harbour). That still doesn't explain your comment on how ''American stuff is automatically better than British stuff ''. And your comment about how British people would be speaking German.Everyone would be speaking it.

~ Wrote a lot on that in some of my much earlier points. ---------- Bella was a whiny child who couldn't live without a boyfriend.

~ Thats what makes them blood-traitors... ------------- You say that like its a bad thing.

Looking back onto when you called us nerds...... nerds like us are allowed to be unironically enthusiastic about stuff… Nerds are allowed to love stuff, like jump-up-and-down-in-the-chair-can’t-cont­rol­-yo­urs­elf love it. When people call people nerds, mostly what they’re saying is ‘you like stuff.’ Which is just not a good insult at all. Like, ‘you are too enthusiastic about the miracle of human consciousness’.”
― John Green

........Our quotes are still better.

See ya next time

~   [b]Well if you watch Twilight carefully{which I do everytime} you'd notice Aro from the Vo
over a year ago athenaslytherin said…
1.All the actors in HP are perfect :)
2. The cover art has nothing to do with story quality.
3. Bella is not a good role model (teaches kids that you need a man to be happy)
4. Harry Potter has a better plot than Twilight
5. Twilight has horrible characters

You know, there are about 10,000,000 reasons why Harry Potter is better and I don't have time to write them all.
over a year ago Ravenclaw2001 said…
crying
Gosh, I feel sorry for you poor, poor Twihards who think that that CRUD is literature. Please. "Goodnight Moon" is better writing.
over a year ago potterhead55 said…
Just a note to OP- number 19:it is an international best-seller and chosen by book critics-REALLY?!
Just one Harry Potter movie made more money than the entire twilight film franchise.Just admit it. You 'twi-hards' are more like try-hards because you are always trying to make twilight into this big amazing book and movie phenomenon like harry potter, which it simply cant be.
Harry Potter.
Always.
karolinak1999 commented…
^^thats not true :/ over a year ago
heart
^^The Twilight books are amazing and the movies are a phenomenon,
Forever.
^^The Twilight books are amazing and the movies are a phenomenon,
Forever.
The Harry Potter books will be around, Always.

James and Lily. Ron and Hermione. Harry and Ginny. Frank and Alice

Our quotes are still better. So is our story and our couples.
The Harry Potter books will be around, Always.

James and Lily. Ron and Hermione. Harry and Ginny.
wink
The Twilight books will never fade, ever. and their legacy remains in our hearts Forever.

Bella and Edward. I can name more, many more, but their all I need.

"When life offers you a dream so far beyond any of your expectations, it’s not reasonable to grieve when it comes to an end." - Bella Swan, Twilight

Our quotes are more superior. Our story is classic.

The Twilight books will never fade, ever. and their legacy remains in our hearts [i]Forever[/i].

[
Woah woah woah there don't get ahead of yourself.

1. Harry Potter is still more popular than twilight and look how long that has been around for.

2. We get our own spin off series. Fantastic beasts and where to find them.

3.Twilight is a failed version at forbidden romance that encourages teen pregnancy.

4. ''If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

“It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.”

“We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving.”

5. Hermione and Ginny are strong female characters. Bella, however is not.

6.What lesson does twilight hold for us? mmmmmhh?

Always,

The better fandom

Woah woah woah there don't get ahead of yourself.

1. Harry Potter is still more popular than twil
meh
ooh Twilight will get a spin-off, I wouldn't worry about link ..soon...

Twilight still has more fans on fanpop...

3.Twilight is a failed version at forbidden romance that encourages teen pregnancy.
How is it failed? Worked for me...It also promotes saving yourself for marriage...which isn't exactly a bad thing...

"I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars."

"It was nice to be alone, not to have to smile and look pleased; a relief to stare dejectedly out the window at the sheeting rain and let just a few tears escape."

"It was ridiculous, and egotistical, to think that I could affect anyone that strongly. It was impossible. And yet I couldn’t stop worrying that it was true."

5. Hermione and Ginny are strong female characters. Bella, however is not.
Bella and Alice are strong female characters. Hermione and Ginny, however are not.

6.What lesson does twilight hold for us? mmmmmhh?
- Love conquers all.

Forever,

The superior fandom
ooh Twilight will get a spin-off, I wouldn't worry about [url=http://screenrant.com/twilight-tv-show-
simplesimmer commented…
I like the night. Without the dark, we'd never see the stars-- OMG SOMEONE GET ANY SCIENCE BOOK EVER MADE THIS IS TOTALLY NEW INFORMATION. ADD IT IN RIGHT AWAY over a year ago
sugarpalstar commented…
A relief to stare dejectedly out the window? Really? How is that relieving? over a year ago
Okay Twilight will get a spin-off but is it really that unoriginal that it had to follow the story of the Cullens again? I mean I would be totally excited if we got to see the Weasley/Potter clan again but in a way I'm more relieved that we're not. This time we get to follow the journey of a Hufflepuff in 1970's America. That is originality for you. I'm not surprised though seeing as SM can't even come up with her own names.

1.How is it failed? Worked for me...It also promotes saving yourself for marriage...which isn't exactly a bad thing...
In Eclipse Bella was begging Edward to have sex with her. It still promotes teen pregnancy. Harry Potter on the other hand promotes doing what is right and not what is easy. Twilight is still an epic fail. Bella got everything she wanted. Harry's ending was realistic. He lost friends and what he considered to be family.

2. Those quotes hold no life lessons whatsoever these on the other hand:
If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals ---Promotes equality

It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be-- Tells us that no matter who you are you can achieve greatness.

We're all human, aren't we? Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving------ Again equality

3. Bella and Alice are strong female characters. Hermione and Ginny, however are not I want to take a good look at this. Okay Alice is an okay character not the best but okay-ish.

Hermione- Brightest witch of her age

Bella- Whiniest girl of her age

Ginny- When Harry left she stole the sword of Gryffindor from Snape's office and tried and succeeded to restart Dumbledore's army.

Bella- When Edward left she curled up into a fetal position and repeatedly got herself almost killed just to see his face and hear his voice

Harry potter girls-2 Twilight girls-0

4.Love conquers all --
That is nothing compared to Harry Potter's lesson which is that good conquers evil and that even though you lose things along the way life still goes on and you have to move on with it. (Bella obviously did not get that memo when the sparkly fairy left her) Thats only naming two of the many lessons Harry holds for us all.

By the way, a Twilight spin-off is exactly what I'm worried about.

Where does the money to the spin-off twilight book ]The short second life of Bree Tanner] go? The royalties that J.K gets for her three HP spin offs goes to charity. In fact J.K herself was a billionaire but lost that status after giving so much money to charity. Whose moral compass is pointing the right way mmhh?

Always,
The fans of the more successful book franchise.

Okay Twilight will get a spin-off but is it really that unoriginal that it had to follow the story of
karolinak1999 commented…
^^Coming from a dead person...... over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
Coming from the greatest wizard to ever live. Nothing,if you would note has come from a sparkly (fairy) 'vampire' or whiny little child who can't live without a man over a year ago
ravenclawgirl3 commented…
dumbledore will never be truly dead he met Harry in the limbo between life and death they are two options either since it was in his mind he's dead or since Harry could have been there to make his choice Dumbledore could have ended up there too and made the choice to end his time with the living over a year ago
kiss
Okay Twilight will get a spin-off but is it really that unoriginal that it had to follow the story of the Cullens again? I mean I would be totally excited if we got to see the Weasley/Potter clan again but in a way I'm more relieved that we're not. This time we get to follow the journey of a Hufflepuff in 1970's America. That is originality for you. I'm not surprised though seeing as SM can't even come up with her own names.

Unoriginal? They will come up with an original story-line....I'm totally excited to see the Cullen clan in action...Hufflepuff really? Nobody care's for Hufflepuff's!! and that story-line seems stupid, what would they be doing in America?! Are you sure your not making this up...
Why would SM come up with her own names when she has plenty of nice/classic ones to choose from already? You see, Harry Potter has a fantasy world of it's own where extravagant names are more than appropriate aka Albus, Severus...Whereas Twilight has an inch more of reality..contradicting your next point....
and the audience prefer's Twilight names to HP one as proven by this poll:
link

1.How is it failed? Worked for me...It also promotes saving yourself for marriage...which isn't exactly a bad thing...
In Eclipse Bella was begging Edward to have sex with her. It still promotes teen pregnancy. Harry Potter on the other hand promotes doing what is right and not what is easy. Twilight is still an epic fail. Bella got everything she wanted. Harry's ending was realistic. He lost friends and what he considered to be family.

~ Realistic? Now we are talking what's realistic and not? Well great, Twilight in some senses might be called a fairy tale then, for those reasons, which isn't a bad thing at all!! and Bella got what she want due to her wit and clever thinking, circumstances and most of all Alice!

~For life lessons, I live. I don't go to Professor Bumblebee. I prefer Twilight quotes over HP ones because as obvious as the message is, it's said in a quite dramatic way.

3. Bella and Alice are strong female characters. Hermione and Ginny, however are not I want to take a good look at this. Okay Alice is an okay character not the best but okay-ish.

Hermione- Brightest witch of her age[/b]
~ pfft more like plainest bitch of her age!

Bella- Whiniest girl of her age.
~ She's not whiny, she just breaths a lot which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Ginny- When Harry left she stole the sword of Gryffindor from Snape's office and tried and succeeded to restart Dumbledore's army.
~ Ginny is nothing but a slut

Bella- When Edward left she curled up into a fetal position and repeatedly got herself almost killed just to see his face and hear his voice
~ Bella sets a goal, and gets it in the long run, unlike Hermione who's just out there for the ride, but in all fairness Edward does have a nice voice unlike Harry/Ron's whose I can barely stand

Harry potter girls-2 Twilight girls-Infinity{Their just that awesome!}

4.Love conquers all --
That is nothing compared to Harry Potter's lesson which is that good conquers evil and that even though you lose things along the way life still goes on and you have to move on with it. (Bella obviously did not get that memo when the sparkly fairy left her) Thats only naming two of the many lessons Harry holds for us all.

meh I think Twilight's is better, it's so simple yet powerful and conquers all the HP nonsense of good Vs evil, blah blah blah you can't even apply that to real life, if you do it just comes of stupid.

By the way, a Twilight spin-off is exactly what I'm worried about.

Where does the money to the spin-off twilight book ]The short second life of Bree Tanner] go? The royalties that J.K gets for her three HP spin offs goes to charity. In fact J.K herself was a billionaire but lost that status after giving so much money to charity. Whose moral compass is pointing the right way mmhh?

~ Harry Potter is a charity

Forever,
Fans of the more superior book & movie franchise.
[b]Okay Twilight will get a spin-off but is it really that unoriginal that it had to follow the story
sugarpalstar commented…
Really? Now we're talking about how their voices sound? Maybe I should remind you that Robert Pattinsonalso played Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter? And that he actually likes Cedric? So if you want to hear Pattinson acting someone he doesn't hate, watch the Goblet of Fire. over a year ago
Unoriginal? They will come up with an original story-line....I'm totally excited to see the Cullen clan in action...Hufflepuff really? Nobody care's for Hufflepuff's!! and that story-line seems stupid, what would they be doing in America?! Are you sure your not making this up...
Why would SM come up with her own names when she has plenty of nice/classic ones to choose from already? You see, Harry Potter has a fantasy world of it's own where extravagant names are more than appropriate aka Albus, Severus...Whereas Twilight has an inch more of reality..contradicting your next point....
and the audience prefer's Twilight names to HP one as proven by this poll: click here
---

Rons name shouldn't have been chosen for that poll I personally do not like it either but SM could at least put some effort into naming her characters. Hufflepuffs are awesome.Cedric was a hufflepuff. No hating on hufflepuffs.

~ Realistic? Now we are talking what's realistic and not? Well great, Twilight in some senses might be called a fairy tale then, for those reasons, which isn't a bad thing at all!! and Bella got what she want due to her wit and clever thinking, circumstances and most of all Alice!---- It is such a bad thing. Lifes not a fairy tale bad things happen, that was what was realistic about HP there were casualties as in real life. Not everything turns out okay. Twilight is unrealistic in that Bella got a perfect ending.

~For life lessons, I live. I don't go to Professor Bumblebee. I prefer Twilight quotes over HP ones because as obvious as the message is, it's said in a quite dramatic way. --- how is ' Every human life is worth the same, and worth saving' said in a dramatic way and the bumblebee comment is just disrespectful to the greatest wizard of all time.

pfft more like plainest bitch of her age! -- Plain! Hermione is a strong independent ( unlike Bella) woman. she fights evil and finds horcruxes. She slapped Malfoy in the face. Take out the love and the character and story are almost exactly the same. Take out the love in Twilight and all you get is a girl who complains about a rainy town that she had to move to.

~ She's not whiny, she just breaths a lot which isn't necessarily a bad thing.[i] ---- is that a fail at sarcasm or do you really not know what whining is. Bella breathing is a bad thing.

~ Ginny is nothing but a slut
--- Ginny is not a slut. Bella made out with Jacob in eclipse while she was with Edward. That just screams slut.

Harry Potter girls- infinity Twilight girls-0 (because they are awful role models)

meh I think Twilight's is better, it's so simple yet powerful and conquers all the HP nonsense of good Vs evil, blah blah blah you can't even apply that to real life, if you do it just comes of stupid.-- No it is not powerful. It does not nor will it ever conquer the HP life lessons. You can apply it to real life, like say I don't know a court case[/b] whereby people are sent away for doing bad things. Good conquers evil.

[i]~ Harry Potter is a charity
--- You say that like it's a bad thing. Harry Potter spin-off profits go to charity. How is that bad?

Always,
The fans of the more successful book franchise.
[i]Unoriginal? They will come up with an original story-line....I'm totally excited to see the Cullen
Posting this picture was an essential.
Posting this picture was an essential.
sugarpalstar commented…
Oh yes. Thank you. over a year ago
laugh
For all you 'Pot-heads'
For all you [i]'Pot-heads'[/i]
We win Harry Potter is superior.
We win Harry Potter is superior.
karolinak1999 commented…
^^^seriously we went over that like a hundred times! over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
Yes, but you still haven't listed reasons why shes not helpless. over a year ago
over a year ago potterhead29 said…
1- the writing is better
1] that is an opineon not a fact smart one

2] this i agree

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)
3] well yeah sure but hermione teaches people that anwser can be found in 1 of 3 places ur brain, books and heart

4-it has a PLOT!!

4] so does harry potter dimwad

5] i never knew people staring at people exited you

6] again an opineon

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

7]what the in the world which beast theres only voldy and his deatheaters

8] um robert admitted hundred of times he like playing cedric more

9] is that non of the good guys die but all the bad ones do hmmmm

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)
11] again an opineon

12] ill have to admit there pretty cool but they have nothing to do with the story

13] again opineon

14] vampires sparkel so creative

(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

15]OPINEON

16] potterhead is better

17] i cant prononce that

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

18] SO...

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

12] harry potter is a world wide book transled into millions of diffrent of languages and won millionsmof awards

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

20] so your teliing me learning to choose a sparkeling vampire over a hot werewolf is a better life lesson then fighting for whats right even if its hard

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

21] emotions what emotions people staring at other people and being over a hundred years old is creepy and pedofile

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

22] um jk rowling created word and animals not used them

23] werewolves and vampires in america are not mystical nor imaginative

24] at a reading for harry potter a boy called out the reader for skipping a word from a page and he was 8 and was not following along with the book but memorised it.

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

25] there pretty cool but not like casting spells and killing people all good and bad cause in life you lose people and you cant save them only love them

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

26] i blow more creativity in my tissue thank u very much

27] jacob BLACK a WOLF ring a bell like sirius black who can turn into a big black dog and dont say jk rowling stole twilight cause harry potter was written and done with all the series when the word twilight wasnt even born yet

SO DONT GO SAYING " I HAVE A MILLION REASONS TO SHOW THAT TWILIGHT IS BETTER THAN HARRY POTTER" CAUSE HAVE THEM WERE OPINEONS AND MADE NO SENCE.

over a year ago sugarpalstar said…
Ya know guys, if I'm reading this right, you have only 27 reasons why twilight is better than HP. And they're all either disproven or opinions. We, on the other hand, have 2,028 reasons why HP is WAY better. I think I know who's the winner here.
over a year ago potter_freak said…
Ok, I'm just gonna say that I've read Twilight twice and read all the books, and tbh it's not as bad as people make it sound. But still, comparing it to Harry Potter..... Just no. If you had some decent reasons, I would accept them, but most of your reasons are opinion, untrue, childish, uneducated, biased, or do not improve the series at all. Also, it's kind of obvious that you haven't read Harry Potter because if you had, you would realise that half of your points are invalid.
Of course, it all boils down to opinion, so if you prefer Twilight, that's good for you, but that doesn't necessarily make it a better series.
Maybe you should give HP a try before judging so harshly.
P.S. You DO know that twi hard is an insult (messing around with the words try hard)?
BellaCullen4Eva commented…
For your information, I HAVE read all the HP books and watched all the movies, and I'm a Twihard fan. Twilight is way better than harry pottery class. Still don't write his fist name in capitals and type his last name right! (:0) over a year ago
over a year ago funnybone_5 said…
You think you can write 3000 reasons Twilight is better than HP? God, good luck with that.
over a year ago claryherondale said…
those reasons are actually so stupid, I laughed. Sorry not sorry! xox, Amber.
over a year ago LaurenE6090 said…
This is seriously hilarious Harry potter is a thousand times
better then Twilight. It has the worst storyline ever
over a year ago ravenclawgirl3 said…
siriusly ppl Harry Potter is way better than stupid twilight there is nothing else more you twilight lovers need to say there is need no vote no decision its just BETTER
over a year ago NaturalBeauty said…
I was going to try to read twilight, but now I am NOT. I am a Potterhead all the way, and hopefully I am never cursed to be a Twihard fan. Ew.
That's just unfortunate. You had a chance to be a cool Twihard fan then, well, your still a Ithinkpotterisreal fan. I used to be an Ithinkpotterisreal fan, but then I realised what an idiot a Ithinkpotterisreal fan is! over a year ago
over a year ago Hetalianpasta said…
.......Bad reasons dude
over a year ago berirocks said…
I would love to see a non biased opinion on this matter. Personally I think Harry Potter is much better, but i'm open to logical reasoning as to why Twilight is so much better.
over a year ago ScottishShawol said…
How on earth is Bella a role model?
also the HP, characters are aloty more developed, you actually get to see into the minds, ansd Hermione may fall for Ron, but she sure as hell is still badass whilst still being intelligent, whilst Bella completely dissapeers as a character losing what wit she had from the start of the first novel, and completely devotes herself to Edward which is tragic.
Bella being depended over a year ago
That's just sad. I debated on that on the last page of this. Too bad your theory is ruined! Too bad us Twihards are cooler than you! over a year ago
over a year ago ThePotterhead said…
For the first twenty-seven...
1- the writing is better

How is the writing better? Meyers uses the same adjectives many times, and does not stick to a theme. J.K. (Joanne Kathleen) Rowling sticks to a theme of A+ writing. High standards, better books.

The actors and actresses in HP are extremely talented as well!

Bella is a much a role model as Bellatrix Lestrange. She tries to teach us that we are nothing without a man, when really, we are strong and capable of anything we put our minds to.

4-it has a PLOT!!

And Harry Potter doesn't?

Are you kidding? HP takes you flying on a broomstick, through the splinters of Voldemort's wand, (Yes, I dare say his name!) and around a castle!

The effects in Harry Potter blew my mind. I thought tht it was REAL for as long as the duels lasted. It was amazing, and stuck to the colors and powers in the book.

His enemy the beast? Where did that come from...? Besides, HP casts spells, rides broomsticks, and makes friends with half-giants and werewolves! Not to mention, he is RELATED to an animagus.

On the last film day of Harry Potter, Rupert Grint, Daniel Radcliffe, and Emma watson actually cried! Apparently Kristen Stewart hides her emotions VERY well...

They aren't in Harry Potter either! Take Snape! He is on both sides. Or Karkaroff!

Voldemort is so evil because he has never know love. Dumbledore kept telling harry that love was the best weapon, this is because voldemort never loved anyone. He was also very bitter towards his father, and how he left his mother. So he killed her family because she didnt use magic and she fell for a muggle.
Sirius one said,"We've all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on."

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are
lovable for that)

Harry is nice! Hermione is nice! Luna Lovegood is the nicest person ever! Ron was actually SAD after he had a fight with his friend. don't judge them on how 'hot' they are! Besides, they have airbrushed, fake faces.

Yeah, and HP's aren't?

Again, Harry Potter's aren't?

J.K. Takes monsters, and animal we already knew, and fleshed them out, exploing detail, and habit.

This is an opinion, not a backable FACT. BTW, its called fanfiction.

The phrase 'Potterheads' is cool, too.

Example of creative name(s)

A. Bellatrix Lestrange
B. Albus Dumbledore
C. Severus Snape
D. Hermione Granger
E. HARRY POTTER!

Rowling made giants and wizards unite, despite of their problems.

Did you even take the time to learn about Harry Potter? The awards the Harry Potter series have won are
three Nestle Smarties Book Prizes (1997-1999), two Scottish Arts Council Awards (1999 and 2001), the Whitbread children's book of the year award (1999), the WHSmith book of the year (2006), and Best Novel: Hugo Awards (2001).

"Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength, and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend."
-Stephen King

The emotions in Harry Potter are so deep you feel their pain. You know what happened. She uses descriptive words (unlike some people.) Harry Potter is an enourmous world, with a Ministry of Magic, departments in the ministry, an entire castle for crying out loud! She actually creates a world that she transports us to. Twilight is just a normal world, with a few animals in it and a glittering fairy princess. Oh, vampire? Well, that's embarassing. Though it was a fairy all this time.

Yep. She does. She is expanding you vocabulary and using descriptive words.

Harry Potter is an enourmous world, with a Ministry of Magic, departments in the ministry, an entire castle for crying out loud! She actually creates a world that she transports us to. Twilight is just a normal world, with a few animals in it and a glittering fairy princess. (See question 21.)

Over 400 million people have read the series. That's over 2,800,000,000 copies sold of the books. In fact, HP's least succesful movie made 300,000,000$ more than Twilight's more succesful.

I literally thought I was going to bleed to death reading it. I saw them, I wanted to scream,"GET BACK UP!" I wanted to help, I got sucked into the story, I cried, I laughed, and I loved it.

Quotes from Harry Potter:

Dumbledore,"Happiness can be found in the darkest of places, if only one remembers, to turn on the light."
Hermione,"Books and cleverness. There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery."
Ronald,"If you want to kill Harry, you'll have to kill us, too!"
Sirius Black,"The ones who love us, never really leave us."
Harry Potter,You're the weak one. And you'll never know love, or friendship. And i feel sorry for you.
Severus Snape,"Always."

Why would she do that? She doesn't by the way.
About state five, are you such an Ilovepotternerdyknowitall that you say '(yes, I dare say his name)' over a year ago
Plus, Bellatrix Lestrange is SO a role model. She obeys voldermort's orders, and obeying is an inportant British Value: LAW over a year ago
over a year ago BellaCullen4Eva said…
Bella Cullen is WAY better than Hermione. Hermione doesn't depend on anyone, she just goes on and breaks the rules. That could be dangerous. Bella, however, depends on Edward because she loves him. That goes to prove, because Hermione doesn't depend on Ron even though apparently she loves him, that Hermione DOESNT LOVE RON.
So there, Ilovepotterthenerdyknowitalls.
Oh, and really. If you do like Potterthenerdyknowitall movie, be a death eater.
DO NOT ARGUE WITH ME.
over a year ago Bridoesgaming said…
This is so retarded.
over a year ago twihpdhgfan said…
Oh my god!! Why can't people just enjoy books for what they are! I love twilight and HP. Shut up, haters
over a year ago weaslytwins said…
okay so
1st of all twilight writing sucks
and your an idiot if you think that whatever you call literature is better than harry potter
2nd yeah the person whoa acts as Bella does a pretty good job for someone who has to act like a limp, lifeless idiot for 4 movies.
and the actors for harry potter are amazing
and harry potter goes in depth with emotions too
harry's pain to leave Ginny
Hermione's pain when Ron constantly snogs Lavender Brown
Harry and Hermione's pain when Ron leaves
Ron when Draco Malfoy taunts him
Fred, George, and Harry when Draco insults Mrs. Weasley
bella is a terrible role model
all she teaches us is to get pregnant at our teen years and that a boyfriend is everything
our bella could kick your bella's ass