Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

Harry Potter Vs. Twilight 606 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 606

over a year ago cullengirl00 said…
1- the writing is better

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

4-it has a PLOT!!

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting

6- the effects are amazing

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them

9-the characters are not all good or all evil

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world

24- twilight is read by a massive audience

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character

MalTter_Awsm commented…
1- the writing is better ---- Seriously!!! Come on. SMeyer uses same adjectives and describes same thing a thousand times and u call it better???? over a year ago
Hiding 87 comments…
thedailypotter commented…
R U SIRIUS! lol Sirius. I LOVE HARRY POTTER. Did you know that Harry Potter's least succesful movie made more than Twilight's most succesful and "twihards" really I think "potterhead" is a hundred times more creative. Maybe twilight won the bes movie mtv thing or whatever so what Harry Potter has won more tan than over a year ago
LemonSunrise commented…
Your undying stupidity is literally affecting my innocent brain cells. 4) It has a plot? The Harry Potter series had several plots, all unique from eachother, unlike the Twilight ones, which weren't even remotely interesting. 12) Don't judge a book by it's cover.25) The fight scenes are basically, Bella gets attacked by some gigantic force just to be saved by her sparkly boyfriend who later gathers people for a nonexistent battle that ends in a handshake.16) Twi-hard should be a swear word.8) Robert Pattinson literally told us all that he'd rather play Cedric than Edward. 24) The least financially popular HP movie made 90 million more than the most financially popular Twilight one.19) Too. TOO! 17) Okay, I'll give you that, but what about Chearnest, eh? 26) BECAUSE "i LIKE WATCHING YOU SLEEP, i FIND IT FASCINATING." is oh-so creative. over a year ago
over a year ago LoopyLuna96 said…
There's already a forum for this sort of thing- go there. Also, all your reasons can be disproved so easily it annoys me.
youknowit101 said:

quit saying there are no reasons here. They're here, they're just not numbered (everything is copy and pasted. i added numbers)

1. The main character is much much easier to relate to.
2. they are written so anyone can read and understand without the use of your dictionary
3. Twilight goes more in depth with the emotions. You can feel Bella's pain when Edward leaves her. You can feel her confusion between Edward and Jacob. You can feel her love for Renesmee
4. Because unlike Harry no one thoughts are actually that deep and intellectual
5. Alice is a fun, bubbly character. Not all of them are dull.
6. Who says wanting a bf is a crime? I dont think so. Some people do better with a boy than friends. that person is bella.
7. Also, this is FANTASY! It doesn't have to be "well, the characters are more real." Fantasy books aren't Meant to be real! Books w/ aleins are fantasy. Aleins (probably) aren't real!
8. Rosalie and Emmett. They are the most realistic of all the Cullens.
9. twilight was romantic
10. it was a book/movie tht lead its readers/watchers deeper into it
11. there is a happy ending.
12. there is a battle between good and evil
13. sparklepyres or vampires, call them how you like - they have more nobility, more education, they are more fun, have more attractiveness than lots and lots of ordinary people. Wizards are interesting too but they don't have immortality on their side, nor the eternal beauty or that charming sweet smell ;)
14. it is important to anticipate te ending of a story - this is everyones mind exercise - but the Twilight series is not just "about a sappy love story that could have reached its happy ending in 4 seconds". If the reader gets cought up in the events of the story, the success of that story is sure. The complexity of the Twilight characters is obvious, and furthermore one can see the process of evolution that they go through in the 4 books.
15. she has a normal life, she goes to school and afterwords she hangs out with her boyfriend.
16. you know her emotions and you realise why she does things. you can feel the love true the screen when you watch it. I don't feel any emotions accept feer when I watch HP but thats my view on it.
17. The book puts you in an average place: Forks, Washington. It's a rather normal place with normal people. Therefore, people can relate easier because they don't have to get past the "immaginative"(for lack of a better word) setting that is Harry Potter(big fan though).
18. Bella has separated parents. I personally don't, but I know that some people's parents might have this relationship. People who know about the relationship can relate to Bella's family problems easier.
19. Bella goes to a regular high school, has regular subjects, and regular "friends" without magic powers. People can relate to that easily because, siriusly people, if we didn't get our Hogwarts letters already we're not gonna. At my high school, we don't study Charms or Tranfiguration but Math and Science. Bella's freinds can be stated as the stereotypes in high schools. I haven't read the series since the first time, which was around a year and a half ago, so I can't go in depth about this.
20. Sparked the want to read in many teenage minds that had never really liked reading before.
21. It's a great fantasy series, like our Harry Potter, that can make you forget the perils of real life, by finding how others deal with more exaggerated problems.
22. For those who say Twilight has but one emotion, love, I argue that and say it also has pain. Bella doesn't want to have to choose between Edward and Jacob but she has to, and it kills her everday that she hurt Jacob.
23. Also, it's not healthy to be that depressed when someone leaves you, but he was get whole world. I know that's not healthy either, but he was her first love. Everyone goes a little crazy thier first time.
24. We say that Twilight is better because it has that Romeo and Juliet aspect. Bella and Edward are also star-crossed lovers and nothing can keep them apart. A good love story can always find it's was into the hearts and minds if people. Have any of you read Wuthering Heights? Another good example of star-crossed lovers. (and it was a superb book).
25. I would also like to add that it is perhaps a good thing that Stephenie Meyer didn't kill off any important characters. I've seen a lot of grief around the web when our favourite characters died in the Harry Potter series (Requiescant in pace Dumbledore, Severus Snape, Fred Weasley, Tonks, all four Marauders and the hundreds of good witches and wizards in Europe...). So Twilight is perhaps better in the aspect that none of the fans favourite characters died...
26. Those vamps' powers from all over the world were kind of cool. I especially like Zafrina's.
27. Its creative! Of course, there are cliche's but beyond the obvious, many parts are creative

Like Zafrinas
28. They are addicting books. Once you start reading them you get hooked. That was for me at least I know its not everyone.
29. the plot is good
30. At least they talk about reliegon even 4 a short while
31. Meyer is creative she even made her own type of vampire
32. he movie may not be faithful to the book but at least the cast are good
33. IT has a graphic novel
34. Stephenie Meyer did her research and found a place like Forks so the vampires could be outside. JK just made one up.
35. It's vampires living in a normal world, not vampires living in a vampire world undercover.
36. The sparkles are so unique and creative. They're not stupid.
37. They are immortal and they do have to survive on blood. I do agree that they aren't exactly like traditional vampires, but they still have some of the main traits.
38. twilight has passion,mystery,sadness
39. its interesting
40. its won mtv movie awards for the best movie of the year when new moon came out and the halfblood prince it was twilight who won the best movie of the year.
41. besides the characters being hot, when you read the books you instantly fall inlove with the character edward and the book has no pictures edwards personality in the books and movies is just charming and jacob hes so sweet.
42. twilight is also a little more realistic (even though its still fake) it doesnt say vampires die in the sunlight and they dont sleep in coffins in twilight its a normal person life goin two skool and everyting but in harry potter its the story we here over and over posions wands brooms and witches i like hp but twilight is better and it will always be my favorite
43. Harry Potter only depends in his wand and Edward Cullen can read his mind to know how and when and even how harry'll attack.
44. And alice can know(Harry's only human after all,weak) the future
45. Some could say Twilight is a better book because it has more romance (DISCLAIMER: I am definetly not saying that HP doesn’t have romance- just less). Romance apparently appeals more to teens.
46. Maybe Twi-fans could relate more to the feeling of indecision? Or the feeling of having to choose between two loved ones? I’m not too sure if that happens in HP (maybe when Hermione had to choose between Ron and Harry in DH? But, that was smaller scale).
47. Well, I have to admit it… Meyer does describe Bella’s feelings pretty well. Jo is a WAY better describer on most parts… but on feelings, I personally believe that Meyer does it almost on Jo’s level.

“Just because you like something, and someone doesn't, that DOES NOT make them stupider, dumber or beneath you. “ –A nice quote to toss in the mix

48. Twilight is inspirational, just look at how many great fan fics there are!
49. Twilight was probably more difficult to write because of the location and surroundings of the main characters.

In Harry Potter, sure these people are different, but they spent most of the story among their own kind. They didn't really have to hide who they are . In Twilight, they had to hide who they were from everyone except from theirselves. (excluding from when Bella found out and their interactions with the werewolves)
50. The Twilight books show a higher sense of maturity. (larger words, more adult themes. And by adult, I don't mean sexual)

You can't really say that is because Harry Potter is more kid friendly because HP has a lot more death and adults killing children... Voldemort trying to kill a baby...
51. Stephenie Meyer tried something new and risky. She wasn't afraid to venture away from the path most vampire novelists take. She did something different from what most people consider a "real vampire" to be.

(It's not against any rule to change what a vampire is because first of all, it's a fiction. Second of all, vampires are not real. You can do whatever you want with them, as long as you stay with the main theme, as Meyer did)
52. Stephenie's vampires are original. How did Rowling's wizards differ from original wizards? She just invented a couple more spells, filled in a few blanks, etc., but the basic wizard and HP wizards are the same.
53. Twilight shows a real approuch to situations. Not everyone goes out and persuits someone and fights them in revenge, which is seen in Harry Potter all the time.
54. Real people do not have courage like harry and his trio. (another situation) In twilight, all the characters , as much of their pride were realistic in the fact that they were frightened from their enemie. Like for not one second was Harry ever scared of Voldemort and was strong and brave. Harry Pottter always wins his battles. Victory is sooo cliche, Twilight reconcises defeat(in small doeses), which is always good to read.
55. There is a love triangle in Eclispe between Bella, Edward, and Jacob. Love triangles can happen in real life.
56. Plot line of the first book:
Exposition: Edward reveals himself as a vampire
Rising action: James decides to hunt Bella
Climax: Bella goes to meet James and is captured.
Falling Action: Cullens show up and save the day.
Resolution: Bella is safe (as far as they know at this point) Edward denies her request to make her into a vampire.
57. And there's more to the story than Bella falling in love with a vampire when referring to the whole series. There's the threats it puts on her life and all everyone needs to go through to get her out of it. There's the sacrifice she makes for love. The whole Jacob thing..
58. Bella and Edward - The Average Girl Gets the Hot Guy
Bella Swan, the main character, (played by Kristen Stewart) drives an ugly truck and doesn’t dress with any style. She loves to read and is an introvert, not a cheerleader. Her friends are few and her home life is less than stellar. However, it is she who Edward Cullen (played by Robert Pattinson) is attracted to.

59. Edward loves Bella to the exclusion of all else. He protects her, worries about her and takes care of her. He is devoted to her and considers her needs far above his own. In Twilight, Edward tells Bella, “You are my life.” In New Moon (the second book in the series) he says, “You will always be the most beautiful thing in my world.” And in Eclipse (the third book) Edward declares, “You are my first priority.”
60. The fact that Edward is sincere in what he says to Bella makes the Twilight series especially gratifying to readers. These books are not merely fantasies, but love stories. Girls are swept off their feet by Edward’s maturity and thoughtfulness. They appreciate his compassionate nature and loving concern for Bella.

61. Bella is a True Friend
Although many people in the community of Forks, Washington find Edward scary and dangerous, Bella only sees the good in him. She sticks by him even after learning the secret he harbors; Edward is a vampire. In the same way, she is also fiercely loyal to Jacob (her best friend). Upon discovering that Jacob is a werewolf, Bella is unphased. She asserts that their friendship will prevail.
62. Bella is the type of friend that girls want. She is accepting and trustworthy. Her values are not skewed by society. She remains faithful, reliable and devoted to her friends.
63. Edward is a Gentleman
Edward is Bella’s knight in shining armor. He treats Bella with respect in all situations. He refuses to have sex outside of marriage because he wants everything to be perfect when it comes to her. He drives when they go out, takes care of her every need and is polite and courteous to her father. He even holds her and sings to her.
64. Edward is so popular because girls love the way he treats Bella. Girls want to be treated like a lady, they want the guy to take charge, make plans for dates and be respectful. So what makes Edward so appealing? He isn’t pushy or boorish, but classy and sophisticated. He is smart and well read, mannered and considerate. Edward truly loves Bella and wants whatever is best for her.
65. The slight attempts to add romance to Harry Potter weren't that great.
66. Twilight teaches us that people aren't ugly.
67. it was a love story... And people can relate to love more than magic, which is a totally nonexistent thing
68. The fact that Bella got sad doesn't make her weak.
69. -The villians are much more realistic.
70. I always considered the antagonist in Twilight to be the actual natural vampire instincts, not the instinctual vampires.
The Cullens battled with their instincs constantly. The battled against vampires acting on those instincts. Bella battles against Renesmee's instincts for a bit. There was Edward's natural hatred for Jacob.
71. Teenagers are capable of being in love, as displayed in Harry Potter.
72. I believe everyone is good, in the sense that no physical character is evil.

From what I've observed, the biggest struggles people encounter have little to do with other people as individuals.
The vampiric instincts is the evil. Resistance is the good. The vampires that resist are the ones who can be trusted, and the ones who don't, can't.
73. It's different in Breaking Dawn, though.

In BD, some human killing vampires are on the good side because the struggle changes. The evil is now interpretation (which in real life almost always causes huge problems). All being willing to assist in clearing it up are the good guys. All those not willing or those who misinterpret are the bad guys.

No character actually does anything evil, but they represent evil aspects of life.
74. Stephenie Meyer took ideals and made them into literal situations. i.e. Love is eternal-Vampires are eternal, and for Bella, she needs to be a vampire to love forever,

Good vs. Evil-Resisting temptation is good. Giving in is evil.

Good vs. Evil-Intolerence and Passing judgement without knowing all the facts is evil. Knowledge and understanding is good.
75. Twilight teaches you that you don't have to do or be what everyone expexts you to do or be (human killing vamires)
76. You can do anything you set your mind to. (Defeat villains, become a vampire despite what others want)
77. Good things come to those who wait (Love and happiness for Edward.)
78. Bella got to know Edward over time.. At first, it was infatuation, as it begins with all relationships. Bella jumped the gun by saying she was unconditionally in love, which happens with real people too, but it eventually catches up with her.
Edward knew her well before he said he was in love with her.
79. Similar obscure taste in music and literature. (obscure in the sense that it's not the most popular) That alone can be enough to provide strong, lasting bonds for some people.
They both live without at least one of their parents.
They both feel unworthy of one another. Something that keeps them apart, yet holds them together.

Being with someone exactly like yourself is no fun.
80. Then there's being somewhat shy and being introverted.
81. More, they're both very stubborn, compassionate, polite, determined, they both tend to overreact, overanalytical, the both put the other before themselves. They have a lot more in common personality wise than the do preference wise.
82. There's less cursing in Twilight/ it doesn't get kids into cursing
83. Twilight doesn't encourage setting your teachers on fire
84. Twilight doesn't encourage experimenting on animals.
85. In Twiliught, they didn't let the kids get away with in school violence
86. Twilight doesn't condone violence in the workplace
87. In Twilight, the Teachers don't hit their students

The reasons are scarce becuause there are only a few people listing them

username-need1 commented…
Twilight does not teach friendship at all. Bella ditches all her friends in like 15 secounds for edward and then expects them to take her back. Also twilight teaches you that its ok to be a jerk and let your boyfriend control you. Vampires dont sparkle, bella is about the worst friend ever, and twilight teaches sex. Twilight sucks. over a year ago
simplesimmer commented…
STEPHEN KING one of the greatest authors of all time told SM she could not write. 29. the plot is good- YOU WISH THE PLOT WAS GOOD. over a year ago
SUNNYBUNNY1210 commented…
harry potter is for SMART PEOPLE unlike someone.... over a year ago
i want to start my own ok!!
simplesimmer commented…
do not. no. please no. the stupidity is unbearable. Stephen King told SM SHE COULD NOT WRITE. any reasons you have i can gaurantee i can give a counter reason ten times better. HP is awesome just please accept it. over a year ago
over a year ago jodarchy said…
just to number 87 since i didnt read them all and thats the one im looking at, when in harry potter did a teacher hit a pupil, also as to number 82, when did anyone in harry potter swear except for in hp7 when mrs weasley used the word bitch
over a year ago LoopyLuna96 said…
tongue
Why don't you join the other one, then? I'm honestly not trying to be rude, I'm just curious.

Also, number 84: How does HP condone testing on animals?
Rockcroc2000 commented…
i think she me a scene in HP 2 or 1 in mcgonnagal's class over a year ago
over a year ago MissKnowItAll said…
^ Agree.

1- the writing is better

link

Opinion, and doesn't make twilight better.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)

To hold onto their friendships? This is laughable, it really is. Thank you for making my day. Bella treats her friends like crap.

4-it has a PLOT!!

Barely. Each twilight book has the vaguest hints at a plot, but there isn't one for the series as a whole.

The books! Have you read the books. And this is an opinion.

Booksbooksbooks Effects don't make a film good, anyway. Look at Avatar for an example.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast

Opinion. I disagree with this strongly, and I would actually say "A book about a boy wizard struggling to save the world whilst resisting temptation beats a book about a stalker vamp, a peado shapeshifter and a boring mortal."

Actually, Robert Pattinson doesn't like Edward. And this doesn't make it better.

Well, yeah, they are. :| If you want a Ying and Yang style books, read the Soldier Son trilogy by Robin Hobb, or *le gasp* Harry Potter.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)

This is the same point as above.

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)

'They are hot and cool too' *facepalm*

They don't have personalities

Wow. You have outwitted me. Of course, now that the book covers are, apparantly, designed better, it is clear to me that twilight reigns supreme.

*facepalm*

There is a difference between 'creative' and 'plain wierd'.

(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)

WTF? *facedesk*

You know it's an insult, right?

Creative? Siriusly?

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other

Yeah, yeah. Kind of like Hogwarts uniting in the 7th book to do something actually worthwhile.

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)

...Dan Brown is an international best seller and has been praise by book critics (not critiques), but that doesn't make him good.

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)

*facedesk* Have you read HP? I really, really doubt it. You could write books devoted to the lessons learnt from HP, lessons on friendship, forgiveness, good, evil and love.

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)

*facedesk*

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand

I really think you are a troll. In my english CA, people who tried to use big words instead of simple ones got marked down because they used them wrong. Like Meyer.

Like 'wand boy

So it must be better. *facedesk*

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway

I've said it a few times but I actually face desked this time. There are fight scenes in HP too, which you would know if you had read the books.

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them

No. They are cheesy. 'And so the lion fell in love with the lamb' is not creative or nice, it is cringey.

What do you mean? 'Cause, when I read the books, it felt as if she had thrown rocks at you with the identity of each character on. There was no mystery.

I have facedesked so many times now.
Yellowmeow commented…
Well said, I applaud over a year ago
DisneyLove23 commented…
Me too, stole the words out of my mouth. over a year ago
iamathestral commented…
Thank you! over a year ago
over a year ago MissKnowItAll said…
@whatsherfaceCullengirlIthinkbutI'mnottoos­ure­: Why not just link us to the list instead of c+p-ing it here?
over a year ago youknowit101 said…
reported for being a repeat
over a year ago zanhar1 said…
Um WTF wasn't the 1000 reasons Froum enough?
over a year ago xDark_Angelx said…
Are you freakin' kidding me?! You're list is so opinionated and contains pointless reasons and easily do not support your theory of Twiight being better than Harry Potter. I'd love to see you get to 3000.

@Missknowitall-Very nice. Very good. And your head must hurt from all those headdesks.
LunaNotLoony commented…
Yeah, I'd like to see them reach 3000, too. I wonder how many times 'Edward is hot' would come up..? over a year ago
over a year ago cassie-1-2-3 said…
It appears that this person is mocking the 1000 Harry Potter reasons so that whenever a reason here is criticized, you are criticizing reasons provided by your own kind.
over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
1- the writing is better
Firstly: that's opinion. Secondly: it's not. JK Rowling is 100x better at writing than Smeyer. Even some Twihards admit it, that the actual writing is better.

Firstly: opinion. Secondly: Are you somehow implying that HP actors aren't talented?

I literally just snorted my pasta up my nose. "Hold on to their friendships"??? You're talking about Bella Swan here, right? Bella Swan from Twilight? Gosh....

4-it has a PLOT!!
Huh! You basically just provided a reason FOR Harry Potter, thanks!

And the scenes in HP aren't. Because of course an boy-obsessed teen gazing longingly at her perfect boyfriend is more exciting then epic battles and awesomness.

Opinion. Again. How does this make it better anyway?

How foolish of me to think that a suspenseful and intricate storyline teaching children the values of love (and I don't just mean romance) and goodness is better than a boy-crazy teen! Aren't I an idiot!

So, your point being? And Rob doesn't even like Twilight.

Yes, they are. Twilight is a very 'black and white' book. While in Harry Potter we actually learn how Tom Riddle (who is actually Voldemort, since you obviously haven't read HP) grew up in an orphanage and the choices he made as an adolescent. Not to mention Barty Crouch jr etc. And I haven't even started on Snape.

See reasons above.

I won't say anything here. I might explode, so I'll just keep it nice and cool....

so.........

opinion. Take me, for example. I think the opposite. Does it even matter?

And Harry Potter isn't creative, of course.

hmm.............*get ready for explosion* WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO?!?!?!

It's an insult, playing on the word 'tryhard'

And Severus, Hermione, Minerva,Sybill etcetcetc aren't? Not to mention that EVERY NAME HAS A MEANING. And I'm not evening touching on the fact that "TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE" is an anagram of "I AM LORD VOLDEMORT". No, that's not creative at all.

Sounds a little like the Battle of Hogwart's, no?

If it's awards you want, Harry Potter has won way more. They are the fastest selling books OF ALL TIME. Ever heard of Stephen King?

It's reading things like this I begin to lose faith in the human race.
What, like boyfriends are everything? And of course twilight teaches the power of Love (and not only roamntic love, but family love, friendship love, unrequited love, brotherly love etc) and how it is the most powerful magic in the universe, how love always triumphs over evil, about feminism, and the Greater Good.
Not.

hehe. Are you a troll that has made it your life's mission to make me go crazy? Because if you are, you're doing a pretty good job at it.

You mean she rapes thesaures's.

Unlike harry Potter.

Again, unlike Harry Potter.

Yep, the fight scenes in HP are puny.
*sarcasm*

Like: "To the well organized mind, death is but the next great adventure."
&
"It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities."
&
"Humans have a knack for choosing precisely the things that are worst for them."
&
"Remember Cedric. Remember, if the time should come when you have to make a choice between what is right and what is easy, remember what happened to a boy who was good, and kind, and brave, because he strayed across the path of Lord Voldemort. Remember Cedric Diggory."
&
"Ah, music," he said, wiping his eyes. "A magic far beyond all we do here! And now, bedtime. Off you trot!"
&
"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends."
&
“That which Voldemort does not value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and children’s tales, of love, loyalty, and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. That they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond the reach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped.”

Are you a troll?
over a year ago GemonkDruid said…
Even if both reasons from both fandoms were invalid, HP got there first. xD I guess Twi-fans weren't as motivated back then as they were now, but still, we got there first, and wasn't that the point of the game Laurencullen created?
over a year ago HaleyDewit said…
First of all, I'd like to say this is the most opinioned list of reasons I've ever read.

1-the writing is better

Exactly how is Twilight better? If you would cut all the paragraphs where Bella drools over Edward, where Bella’s clumsiness is mentioned, and where’s a reference to the rain, the series would shrink to the volume of a magazine. Twilight is nothing but a cheap copy of Vampire Diaries mixed with Buffy the Vampire Slayer, overloaded with loads of cheesy quotes, repetitiveness and drool.
Harry Potter on the other hand is filled with action, love (in every way you can think of), friendship, loyalty. Everything is so detailed. The whole series forms a perfect unit. (unit by the lack of a better word, English is not my native language, so if you know the word that I’m actually looking for, feel free to tell me) You can’t read one book without having read the others.

Helena Bonhan Carter performed Bellatrix perfectly. The way she talked, the way she looked, everything was simply perfect. No one could’ve done it better. She didn’t just act, she was Bellatrix.

Alan Rickman, come on, are you saying he can’t act??? Seriously.

Emma Thompson was exactly how I imagined Trelawney would be.
Same goes for Jason Isaacs.

Maggie Smith is an incredible actress.

And the trio, Daniel, Rupert and Emma, they did a terrific job in Deathly Hallows, I think only a few people would question that.

Conclusion: the actors in Harry Potter are chosen for their talent, not for their looks.

Dude, seriously, Bella’s a role model? Bella uses people. She used Jacob. She put Jessica at possible risk. She gets pregnant when she’s a teen. Okay, it’s something that happens a lot nowadays and I don’t want to judge to those girls who have been there or are going through it right now. Nevertheless it shouldn’t be encouraged or approved.

4-it has a PLOT!!

And Harry Potter doesn’t?

The most exciting scene was when Bella was driving that motorcycle. Disappointing nothing fatal happened to her.
Exciting movie scenes in Harry Potter

The Philosopher’s Stone: Giant Wizard Chess, Quidditch, When Harry meets Voldemort at the back of Quirrel’s face,…

The Chamber of Secrets: The Flying Car, The Womping Willow, The spiders, the Chamber of Secrets itself,…

The Prisoner of Azkaban: The Nightbus was quite exciting in my opinion, when Ron was dragged into the Shrieking Shag, Harry and Hermione who are trying to get in,too, the flight on Buckbeak, When Harry and Hermione rescue Sirius,…

The Goblet of Fire: World Championship Quidditch, the dragon fight, the second task, in the labyrinth, at the graveyard when Voldemort gets a new body and is resurrected, the duel between Voldemort and Harry,…

The Order of The Phoenix: The dementors, the DA lessons, at the Ministry when they’re all fighting,…

The Halfblood Prince: When Dumbledore scares the zombies (I don’t remember the English word Jo uses for it, since I’ve only read the Dutch ones),…
The Deathly Hallows: The 7 Potters, the Sky Battle, the Death Eaters coming to the wedding, when they’re stealing the locket from Umbridge, Bathilda Bagshot,need I say more?, when Ron destroys the locket, being chased by Scabiors, Malfoy Manor!,…

What effects?

First off, Jacob is not a werewolf. Werewolves are humans who transform into a their wolf shape at midnight in the light of the moon. In New Moon Jacob transformed at broad daylight. Sure there was no moonlight then.

Second. Twilight is about a depressed (though I still haven’t figured out why) girl who has to choose between a fairy-like Vampire and a Werewolf wannabe.

Third. Harry Potter is filled with values, love. It teaches us how love is the strongest emotion ever, not just romantic love, though. The wand boy, as you call him, swings with his wand because he’s chosen to defeat his enemy, who is, by the way, no beast. He has to swing his wand, because the alternative is a dark world, losing everyone he loves,…

Robert Pattinson said he didn’t like Edward much. I don’t remember exactly how he said it, though. Once I’ve found it I’ll quote it here.
Rupert Grint portrays Ron Weasly. They both have ginger hair, they have big families, they love candy, they lack school, they’re very scared of spiders. Rupert has always felt connect with his character.

True, the villains are complete sissy’s. They’re supposed to be frightening, but instead they give you a good laugh. And do you mean those in Harry Potter are all good or all evil? So wrong. Harry is a very nice guy, but he was pretty mean in Order of the Phoenix. That was because they’d left him in the dark. He’d been going through so much all his life and it seemed like no one cared. They left him all alone for a month and it took a dementor to wake his friends. Ron and Hermione fight all the time, but they’re in fact really kind-hearted people. They fight all the time because they are in love and they don’t realize it, don’t wanna admit it. They fight because their jealous when the other is with someone else (Krum, Lavender) Ron was mean in the Deathly Hallows when he left. That was because he was convinced Hermione and Harry had an affaire and the locket made that conviction stronger. He left, which was a bad thing to do, but he came back and destroyed the locket, so proved it’s worth having him around. Xenophilius Lovegood alerted the Death Eaters about Harry. But that was because the Death Eaters had prisoned his daughter, Luna. The difference is that the characters have reasons for acting mean. The villains included. Voldemort wasn’t born evil, you know, he became evil. Snape, who I personally thought was full of evilness happens to be good, like really good. He became evil because the girl he loved chose his worst enemy over him, his parents fought a lot (read in Order of the Phoenix), he was being bullied. But once he learned he’d partially helped with Lily’s death, he came back to the good side and risked and offered his life to protect the son of the woman he’s always loved.

See comment on previous question

Bella uses her friends, they have no personality whatsoever, and hot and cool is opinioned. I don’t find Robert Pattinson attractive at all. And the characters in Harry Potter are nice,too, but how would you know how funny Ron is, how brave Harry is, how clever and sweet and bossy Hermione is? You never read the series.

Opinion. A good book cover does not, I repeat not make a good story. If I compare the Dutch book covers of both series I have to say Harry Potter wins by far. So Harry Potter has both a great cover and a great story.

Again, opinion. The Twilight posters look simply plain, whereas I was breath taken by the Harry Potter ones. I could watch them for hours.

She completely changed the myth. She made complete fairies of them. That’s not creative, that’s frustrating and insulting and weird.

Ehm, a little while ago, there was a contest here for the best short story fanfiction. Someone from Harry Potter won. And of course it’s easier to write a Twilight story. You have complete freedom in it, you can write whatever you want. By the way, I’ve started a Romione fanfiction and I’ll prove you it’s possible to write a Harry Potter fanfiction that’s better, much better than Twilight fanfiction. Go ahead, call me bigheaded, I know I am when it comes to writing, but before you judge read something from me.

Again, opinion.

Eh, no, it’s not. At all. You must really dislike your kid to give it a name like that. Future harassment ensured.

"...in the light of Voldemort's return, we are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided. Lord Voldemort's gift for spreading discord and enmity is very great. We can fight it only by showing an equally strong bond of friendship and trust. Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open." Said by Dumbledore at the end of Goblet of Fire, book. That pretty much covers it.

So many books are, but it doesn’t make them good. It's critics, btw.

What the fuck?! Really?????
Lessons we learn in Twilight:
-Use your friends, even if that means you put them in danger
-Make your friend fall in love with you, use his feelings for you and then dump him for someone else
-Looks are everything
-Live without a boyfriend? Impossible.
-Get pregnant when you’re a teen

I won’t mention the Harry Potter ones. Like MKA says, you could write a book on it. BTW, when did anyone put a spell on their friend so they would help them?

*facedesk, really painful facedesk*

It’s not a good thing if those long, big words are used the wrong way.

And Harry Potter doesn’t?

Harry Potter is an all ages book. My youngest sister who’s 9 is reading it, my mom is reading it, I am reading it. Every generation reads it.

Opinion! The fights in Harry Potter are simply epic.

They’re cheesy and stupid and make me wanna puke.

Harry Potter quotes:

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live, remember that.”

“After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure.”

“As much money and life as you could want! The two things most human beings would choose above all - the trouble is, humans do have a knack of choosing precisely those things that are worst for them.”

“Never trust anything that can think for itself if you can't see where it keeps its brain.”

“ It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light”

“In dreams, we enter a world that's entirely our own”

“It's a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up.”

“I say there are spots that don't come off.... Spots that never come off, d'you know what I mean?”

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

“I sometimes find, and I am sure you know the feeling, that I simply have too many thoughts and memories crammed into my mind”

“Curiosity is not a sin.... But we should exercise caution with our curiosity... yes, indeed.”

“Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it”

“You place too much importance... on the so-called purity of blood! You fail to recognize that it matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be!”

“It is my belief... that the truth is generally preferable to lies.”

“Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open.”

“According to Madam Pomfrey, thoughts could leave deeper scarring than almost anything else”

“Time is making fools of us again”

“We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on.”

“It was, he thought, the difference between being dragged into the arena to face a battle to the death and walking into the arena with your head held high. Some people, perhaps, would say that there was little to choose between the two ways, but Dumbledore knew - and so do I, thought Harry, with a rush of fierce pride, and so did my parents - that there was all the difference in the world.”

“It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more.”

“Of course it is happening inside your head, Harry, but why on earth should that mean that it is not real?”

And those are only a few.

They don’t have any identity. They’re shallow and empty. There was nothing to find out about them. What would we need clues for?
last edited over a year ago
username-need1 commented…
Well said. Also Harry Potter qoutes can be funny, inspirring, and brave over a year ago
RyanDawnset-40 commented…
The word Rowling uses was Inferi, a corpse animated through dark magic over a year ago
hihallohey commented…
this shows that potterheads are much better at constructing arguments no over a year ago
karolinak1999 commented…
^^lol, no.... over a year ago
over a year ago luv_warriorcatz said…
y don't u just add ur reasons to the 1000 reasons?

just to this reason.

how many respected screen actors/actresses does twilight have in its series of movies?

harry potter has lots

michael gambon, gary oldman, mark williams, julie walters, miranda richardson, imelda staunton, alan rickman.

dame maggie smith could outact every person in the twilight movies put together hence why she is commonly known as one of the greatest actresses to have ever walked on the planet.

i could go on and on and on but i will refrain.
Flutters101 commented…
And the HP actors are all very famous too. over a year ago
over a year ago AllyAM said…
I agree with everything Haley just said.
luv-warriorcatz, I suppose that comment was directed to the creator of this forum?
over a year ago luv_warriorcatz said…
yea
Thanks,AllyAM :)
why does nobody but me add dame maggie to the lists of the best actors/actresses in harry potter lol
okay :) Thought so ;)
jodarchy, every actor in HP is epic ;) It'd take all night to list everyone of them :)
NP, Haley =]
PS Just Ally is fine too
Okay :) Is that your real name?
yes but its dame maggie smith lol, she should be on every single list about the greatest actors/actresses in harry potter lol, miss someone else out but not her
It's short for Allison =]
Okay, my name's Ellen, btw

jodarchy, I added Maggie to the list ;)
Cool, nice to meet ya! :D
dame maggie ^^
nice to meet you,too :)
over a year ago Unnoticed said…
Twilight has NO plot, I tried to read the book but could only come upon pointless parts about Bella whining because that sparkly fag Edward is leaving her, which is pretty much what the book is about, making it so pointless and stupid. And the person who says that Twilight is better than Harry Potter, guess what? What you say that Twilight has, has already been accomplished by Harry Potter, what's more, having read ALOT about vampires, REAL vampires, mind you, and after scamming Meyer's atrocious piece of shit called Twilight, I can tell you, none, I mean none of the vampire related things in there is ORIGINAL, whichever moronic imbecile said that, fuck you. I don't even think that incompetent bitch Stephenie Meyer, knows a fucking thing about vampires when she wrote that shit about sparkly faggot vampires and weak, overdependent bitches name Bella. Keep in mind, my mediocre Twilight defenders, what you call a Twilight accomplishment, if that is a "acomplishment", has already been surpassed by Harry Potter's accomplishments, by the way, fuck you, whichever Twilight defender says that Harry Potter is all about spells, spells is only a kind of defense and base for the magical world of Harry Potter, which is not about spells, fuck you again, but vigilance, courage, and the power of friendship and cooperation. Twilight on the other hand is a fucking pointless love story that doesn't make any goddamn sense, based on manipulated vampire lore, fuck you, Meyer, there is no action or meaning, and even if there is, it's dwarfed by comparasion to Harry Potter's meaningful and vivid action parts. You know what's with you fucking Twilight fans? It's that when you try to defend Twilight, you mostly use opinion like, "IT"S BETTER!", and the few facts you give are futile and incompetent compared to ours, ex: OMG! YOU NEED TO HAVE A BOYFRIEND AND GET PREGNANT, WITHOUT THAT, IT'S LIKE IMPOSSIBLE TO LIVE! Fuck you, one of you incompetent morons said that, which made me strangle and burn you wherever you are. Those who like Twilight are weak, mindless creatures who can't live unless they have someone to depend on, which brings us back to why Harry Potter is better than Twilight, the girls in Harry Potter are strong and intelligent fighters even without a boyfriend which I myself admire and go by, Bella, however, your perfect example of a overdependent, weak, shallow minded bitch is contrary, you want to be that? Fuck you, I'm laughing my ass off at whoever wrote that, it's not the end of the world without boyfriend, many great and powerful woman in history and now don't and they get to make their own choices and have a LIFE. Keep in mind, you impossible Twilight fans, Meyer's incompetent shit about "ORIGINAL" vampires is NOTHING compared to J.K Rowling's FACT and author imagination based story with important characteristics of life which Twilight does not have (shut up, Twilight fan, your pitiful examples make me laugh) in its own story those of you who are still defending Twilight, shut the fuck up and go cry over Twilight and get a "LIFE", your "defenses" are vulnerable, futile, weak, incompetent, and absolutley pathetic and pointless.
over a year ago alexthedog said…
There's already a "1000 Reasons Twilight is Better Than Harry Potter". Since the Twi-hards haven't accomplished that yet, they definitely can't expand their goal by 3. And may I add that I believe some of these "reasons" are copied WORD-FOR-WORD from the "1000 Reasons Harry Potter is Better Than Twilight"?
over a year ago MeLikeyHermione said…
Did you honestly say the Twilight cast are talented, and Twilight has a plot? Girl, you must not be reading good books. I suggest you pick yo quality books, then compare.
RyanDawnset-40 commented…
Ironically Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner aren't actually bad actors. Taylor was good in Sharkboy and Lavagirl, And Robert was Cedric Diggory. Plus he hates Edward so I forgive him. over a year ago
the Twilight cast are talented, and Twilight has a plot.
I SAID IT!!!!
DisneyLove23 commented…
So? You saying it doesn't make it true, and I'M BASED ON FACTS HERE. What plot is a retarded human who treats her friends like shit and only lives for her sparkling, hot and *oh* vampiric boyfriend? Have you actually read the book? And yeah, the cast did a terrific job- at being completely emotionless and cheesy. THIS I SAID! over a year ago
over a year ago SEEKER6 said…
zzz
*headdeskheaddeskheaddesk* wow you guys really vamped it up! (See what i did there?) Hahaha jk but really. Just go on the OTHER forum. And add 2000 more reasons.
over a year ago phoenixwand said…
@cassie1-2-3: fine we hear you :)

But are you saying Twilight is better becuase actors in the movie are better than the ones in HP series? First of all that does not make writing of twilight better! Secondly Kristen Stewart is one of THE most incompetant actoress ever! I know it is a matter of opinion but seriously why does she always look like she has just been slapped? She has no freakking expression on her face whatsoever. And she is the damn lead in the movie. At least Rob and Tyler try to connect to the characters, Kristen just looks like a full-of-herself-big-head!
HP actors on the other hand..well if you think they cannot act then I guess we are talking about two different definations of 'acting' sweeety!

Twilight has a plot- ok. Agreed. It does have a very very weak plot. How does it make the book better? HP is has super-rich main plot, equally important sub-plots and well researched sub-sub plots! Hell JKR gave complex personalities to all the characters! Just read about Draco on HBP or Dobby in Deathly Hollows. Now that's called writing. SMeyer on the other hand gave us uncaring, cold, self-centred, disregarding Bella, Edward (I am not gonna use the adjectives Smeyer used to describe his beauty..you know its just icky) and somewhat likable Jacob who can be abusive to get his way (kissing Bella forcibly, telling Charlie about him being werewolf just to get Renesmee stay with him). Now how does that make Smeyer a better writer and Twilight a better/inspirational book??
over a year ago HPNerdsRock said…
angry
Ok you have obviously never read harry potter and if you have you never finished it. I mean really? "there is a happy ending" "there is a battle between good and evil" Ya because Harry fighting Voldemort isn't a battle between good and evil. And what do the posters have to do with ANYTHING?! Oh and by the way you spelled fear wrong.. If you are going to say why Twilight is better than Harry Potter at least use use correct spelling and give me intelligent reasons because basically all of your reasons can be proved wrong.
over a year ago traceyhp said…
smirk
One book is just good and the other is a timeless work of literary art, which means a broad range of genres, plots and sub-plots, and lovable characters that will stand against the test of time. HP FTW!!
Phoenicwand:
I didn't say any of that, lol.
over a year ago HPNerdsRock said…
meh
Ok my friend asked me to post this:

1- the writing is better – What are you comparing it to? Dr. Suess? Oh wait ...

Tell that to Kristen's facial expression.

So you're telling me that an angsty, annoying, whiny teenage girl is better than a smart, strong, brave teenage girl? Who would you rather hang out with?!

4-it has a PLOT!!
Er, what d'you think Jo was writing for 10 years?

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting Yeah, battles and duels and ministry break-ins aren't exciting at all
6- the effects are amazing You're right, Harry Potter doesn't have any effects at all.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast A story about a brave wizard and a hot ginger beats a movie about a depressed emo boy and dog. See, it goes either way.

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them Oh yeah, that's why Rob said so many times that Twilight and Edward are horrible. Good point.

9-the characters are not all good or all evil Neither was Harry, Voldemort, Dumbledore, Sirius, and Wormtail.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them) So you're trying to say that Tom Riddle woke up one day and decided to be evil? Yeah that's right, because his childhood was so cheerful.

So we should love the characters because they're so “nice.” Okay -sarcasaclap-

And Mary Grandpre flips burgers ... -.-

Your arguement is not valid.
14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form This sentence us unintelligable.

(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter) I think you should add the phrase Fan Fiction to your vocabulary.

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool That's why I'd rather be a Pott Head than a Twi-Hard

Yeah, now I love the books because of this girl's name ^__^
18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other Oh good, you're finally learning the message that's in about half of the kids stories and fables? -pats head-

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques) Yeah. Harry Potter doesn't have any of that.

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u) Because after reading 7 books, all I've learned is “how to do a spell on my friend so he can help me.”

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy) Excuse me, where is your theme park?

Add “similie” to your vocabulary too, while you're at it.
23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world And Harry Potter is about a boring highschool boy.

24- twilight is read by a massive audience I'm not even going to say anything...

25-the fight scenes are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo amazing and you feel the fight by someway Did your O button fall off after that?

I don't see your point ..
27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character And Sirius Black is a freaking paper clip.
Flamma_Luna commented…
lol...that was funny! Great response...the 'And Sirius Black is a freaking paper clip' made mt day^^ over a year ago
^LOL!! awesome :D

@Cassie: "the Twilight cast are talented, and Twilight has a plot.
I SAID IT!!!!"

This was your quote. I gave an 'elaborate' answer on these two points ONLY sweetheart :) Read properly. you said that. And btw you spelled my name wrong..must be a typo.
Yes, I said they are talented and there is a plot.
You somehow gathered multiple paragraphs of subliminal messages from those two sentences.
"But are you saying Twilight is better becuase actors in the movie are better than the ones in HP series?"
"First of all that does not make writing of twilight better!"
"well if you think they cannot act then I guess we are talking about two different definations of 'acting' sweeety!"
"How does it make the book better?"
"Now how does that make Smeyer a better writer and Twilight a better/inspirational book??"

You gathered all that from "the Twilight cast are talented, and Twilight has a plot" Again... I never said any of that, lol.
Perhaps you should...read properly next time?
You can spell my name incorrectly, if you want. I don't mind.
You are missing the point..about the post, about spelling the name wrong and about Twilight v/s HP. The problem is that the HP supporters have a habit of 'supporting' their argument rather than just writing two-three sentences and saying its right.

But its okay! I am not here to fight. :)
Yeah, I got the point. You see, you misunderstood me. You thought I was making a serious argument. I was doing no such thing. There's no point making one here, where there is a more accurate forum, where I practice this strange habit all the time.
I sense that you're beginning to judge and underestimate me. I suggest you stop while you're not quite in reach.
over a year ago wotcher-tonks said…
I didn't even know this forum was here o.O
Lol, I sound more evil than I intended.

Yeah, it's just some random forum someone made, For Reasons Unknown.