Disney Princess *~Tangled Discussion Forum: DO NOT ENTER IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN TANGLED!~*

firegirl1515 posted on Nov 23, 2010 at 11:36PM
I had an idea for a Tangled Discussion Forum so that no one would ruin the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it. I wasn't sure if it was a good idea, but ppv asked so it was worth a shot.

ALL TANGLED DISCUSSIONS SHOULD TAKE PLACE HERE. You might not think something is a spoiler yourself, but you may end up ruining the entire film for someone else. Please be considerate- that's the whole idea behind this forum.

Have fun! =D
I had an idea for a Tangled Discussion Forum so that no one would ruin the movie for anyone who hasn'
last edited on Nov 24, 2010 at 01:44AM

Disney Princess 649 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 649

over a year ago firegirl1515 said…
******************************************­***­***­***­***­***­*
last edited over a year ago
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~­~~~­~~
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TANGLED AND HAVE GONE THIS FAR, CLICK THIS.
IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN TANGLED AND HAVE GONE THIS FAR, CLICK THIS.
over a year ago Elemental-Aura said…
I know the ending, but I haven't seen the movie.
So I couun't help by doing this A version of the Disney Princess Line-Up.
It's Rapunzel with her hair cut
I know the ending, but I haven't seen the movie.
So I couun't help by doing this A version of the Di
laugh
If most of you know me in Fanpop you would've predicted that I'll do this adding Alice in the Disney Princess Line-Up (mostly those who would've predicted this would be: alafastanzio, soxfan89, firegirl1515, dee389, TigerRanma and hindaa)
If most of you know me in Fanpop you would've predicted that I'll do this adding Alice in the Disney
over a year ago Gleek4ever said…
monkey
1. now that Tangled is out, are we going to change the banner to include Rapunzel with her long hair?
2. Did you guys like the movie?
3. What did you think of the couple?
4. How do Flynn and Rapunzel rank on your favorite disney princess and prince lists?
cake
How did I like it? HOW DID I FREAKING LIKE IT? I LOVED IT. THIS MOVIE IS PURE LOVE.

Flynn is my new favorite prince. Rapunzel is my new number 2 or 3. Most likely my number 2. They are my new top couple- they we so sweet together! You could completely feel the love between the two. I'm glad that Rapunzel was made out to be a good ruler. No other princess's rule was ever described.

I think that we should change the lineup banner, but I have an Idea I want to commision Elemental-Aura for:
I think Rapunzel should be on the left, so that Aurora and Cinderella are in the center. And I like the short haired lineup Rapunzel better than the long-haired one, so maybe we could get that version but with long blonde hair. Seriously, her face is so much prettier in the brunette version.

Also, what should her nickname be? Rapunzel is kind of long to type. Maybe Blondie, like Flynn called her. Thoughts?
big smile
^^reading your reply seriously made me giggle like a little girl for like 5 minutes. It made me so happy!!!! I really love Tangled!!!!!! I have seen it twice within 18 hours and I desperately want to go see it again!!! like, right now! Flynn is also my new favorite prince (sorry naveen!) and Rapunzel is 4th but my disney princess list is always subject to change. And flynn and rapunzel are without a doubt my favorite DP couple now. i started shipping them a month ago, not joking. every time i have the same reaction. my heart starts beating faster when they started I See the Light. then when Flynn sees those brothers across the lake i start having trouble breathing. and during flynn's brush with death, my arms turn numb and i'm not sure why. that's how close i can feel their love and I love it!! :D i never thought about the fact that Rapunzel's rule was described. that is pretty cool. my question is: did Flynn become a prince? i read somewhere that he did but they never mentioned anything like that in the movie. i also read that the queen and king pardoned him for his crimes but that was also never mentioned.

i kind of like rapunzel with long blonde hair because that's what she was like for most of the movie and that's what people will think of when they hear Rapunzel. plus i think it looks more natural.

as for a nickname, i'm thinking Rapun. and what do you think about Flynn and Rapunzel's couple name? i kind of like Raflynzel.

anyway, i loved reading your response and can't wait to discuss Tangled more with you! :)
I suppose, if they got married that he became Prince Eugene. And since he saved their beloved Rapunzel and DIED for her, it makes sense that he'd be excused, or at least given a lighter sentence of community service. I read that since he asked Rapunzel to marry him later, that means they at least waited more than a few days to get engaged, unlike a lot of other princesses, which is nice. I mean, really Tiana? I know he's her one true love and all, but you'd think she'd at least hod back a teensy bit because she still has some of her old personality in there.

I want to see it again! You lucky duck. I have to wait until AT LEAST FRIDAY. GAHHHH. Good news is, my mom bought me the soundtrack a week ago because she saw I was so hyped. And I'm totally getting a Rapunzel doll. Who says 14-year olds can't get princess dolls for Christmas?

I definitely like her as a blonde better, but at least Flynn gave her a nice cut. I'm lovin' Raflynzel as a couple name. Rapun sounds nice. Or Zelly ^-^

And you know what? EPILOGUE= NO SEQUEL FOR DISNEY TO POSSIBLY MESS UP!

Oh, and here's a lineup Rapunzel I made- I took it off the poster, took pascal off her head, and made it look my 2D by using Picnik Posterizer and fading it. It didn't turn out the best, but I asked Alafastanzio to try and make a lineup using it.:
I suppose, if they got married that he became Prince Eugene. And since he saved their beloved Rapunze
over a year ago VGfan30 said…
It was a lot better then I thought it would be and it's definitely one of my favorite disney movies. My sister said it was one of her favorite disney movies too.

As for Gleek4ever questions:

1. I think we should wait until she on the Disney Princess website before we put her in the banner. Now that I've seen the movie, I hope she will be on it more than ever.

2. I loved it. A fun spunky princess, a funny adventurous prince, a great female villian, hilarious supporting characters. What's not to love.

3. I really like them and you can actully tell that they love eachother. Right now, they are tied for 3rd with Eriel on my DP couple list. Oh, and I like I See the light much more, now that I've seen it in the movie.

4. Well, I really like both of them although as of right now, they are both at 5th on my list although there really close to knocking of my 4th princess and prince(Mulan and Prince). I'm sure I'll have it all figured out by New Years.

Oh, and should we thing of a couple nickname using Eugene and Rapunzel? I mean Rapunzel liked the name Eugene more then Flynn.
^^Not sure how that would work . . . Eugunzel? Eugenezel? Rapungene? Mehhh

Oh, and ppv said that the Russian Disney guys said Rapunzel was the 10th Official DP in an interview. I hope those guys were right!

I'm trying to make a banner- kinda hard without photoshop. I'll finish it after I get a new cereal number (legally or otherwise), but this is the base for now. Rapunzel is so small because I think she's as short as Jasmine, and she's supposed to be further back than her:
^^Not sure how that would work . . . Eugunzel? Eugenezel? Rapungene? Mehhh

Oh, and ppv said that the
over a year ago princesslullaby said…
big smile
I VOTE RAFLYNNZEL!!!!

anywho, yea, I loved it. Easily my second or third favorite disney princess movie. :)
If Rapunzel and Flynn (aka Eugene) have a son (yes, I'm already thinking Tangled spawn) what would they call him?:
Flynn having his dad's first nickname
Or
Bastion which was originally planned to be Flynn's name
over a year ago ppv said…
heart
AAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW! I SAW IT!!!!!!!!!!!
My second favourite DP movie, sorry, Cinderella.
It's close to be tied with BATB actually. LOVE it!!!
heart
@Gleek4ever:

1. Yes. Only with long hair. She looks much prettier with longer one.
We should change the banner if she's added to the official princess lineup. MOST definitely should.

2. LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

3. ADORE! THey're great together! My 2nd favourite couple, for sure. Sorry, Aurora and Phillip... Aww!

4. They both are now my 2nd favourites. But Flynn is closer to the tie with the Beast, I think. EXACTLY what I wanted him to be like. AW!
I have no words! I JUST ADORE THE MOVIE!!!!
smile
I think we should use his name Eugene...

And a question: did you see it in 3D or not?
I saw it in 3D =D
smile
Me too!
over a year ago princesslullaby said…
I say we use his name Flynn. I like it better and I thought the whole name thing was the one sort of silly part of the movie.
Also, I think Rapunzel is the most perfect princess.
I didn't see it in 3D
I loved the movie, I really did! I just have to see it again to figure out everyone's placements. :)
smile
1. I like the name Flynn Rider better and that's what I will always refer to him as. I mean if everyone here starts using Eugene i suppose I'll have no choice but I'd rather it not come to that. I think it's very sweet that Rapunzel chose to call him Eugene because to me that was like saying she loved him for who he was, not the kickass, cool persona that most girls would fall in love with. Still, i much prefer Flynn Rider.

2. I thought that Rapunzel was declared an official DP. i don't remember where i heard that though...

3. I didn't see it in 3D but i want to, and hopefully will next time :)

4. @Elemental-Aura: I actually had a dream about this last night where they had a son and a daughter. the older son's name was Max since it was Maximus that led Flynn to the tower and thus caused them to meet in the first place. the daughter's name was Sophia because that's my disney princess alter ego name. but i do like using Flynn as his name. that's pretty cool :)

5. @firegirl1515: I LOVE YOUR BANNER!!!!!!! IT LOOKS AMAZING!!!!! =DDDDDDDD
smile
That's cool Gleek4ever. But if they had a daughter I would like her name to be Elenore afther a friend a had in primary school

because this girl in school had long braided bruntte hair that reached her theighs (seriously! her hair was that long!) so I thought it would be nice if Rapunzel and Flynn's daughter would be named after her
over a year ago puloobestreet said…
Yeah, I like Flynn better. I thought the Eugene thing was kinda weird. but he's like the hottest ever!!!! Rapunzel is really cute and pretty, but I don't know where I'd rank her yet.

I think the long hair would be nice for the banner. her hair was so amazing, especially when is was braided all gorgeous like with flowers<3

okay so what I thought about the movie: I know this is a ridiculous thing to stress over but here it is;

Her mom sets out on a three day journey, right? but then she runs into the horse, turns around, turns a corner, and there's the tower.

I know she had at least a half a days walk. that would mean it took her the other half of the day to get back. but it seemed like she just barely left the tower. I don't know maybe it's just bad timing or something. I'm just saying it could have shown her start to run, cut to another scene, then come back to her finally reaching the tower.

but I did enjoy the movie apart from that. the chameleon and Maximus were the most adorable=) I can't get over how cute they are

I liked how her mother wasn't a cold evil person. she's still a bad guy, but she hugged and loved Rapunzel. even if it was just for the hair it's still cool. I nearly had a heart attack when he cut her hair. but that kind of sacrifice was so romantical (swoon). really good story!
^^I don't think you're getting the timeline (well, either you don't get it or I don't get it lol). Max had probably gone far from the tower by the time Gothel saw him- we saw how fast he could run, and he was intent on finding Flynn so he'd follow any lead. And the scene of her getting back to the tower happened so quickly because she was frantic- when you're that scared, you go a lot faster, trust me. Also, they were just making the scene transitions quick to build up to her discovering that Rapunzel was gone.

I think Gothel sort of liked Rapunzel, enough to want her to be happy so long as she could have the hair. But after she sort of BOUND AND GAGGED HER, I knew Gothel had never really loved Rapunzel and that her heart truly was black.

@Gleek4ever: Wow, thanks! ^-^

I can't make shadows until I get a new cereal number for photoshop, but here's a Rapunzel lineup. I asked alafastanzio to make the exact same picture but add a shadow, so hopefully he'll do it.
^^I don't think you're getting the timeline (well, either you don't get it or I don't get it lol). Ma
Yeah, I saw it in 2D. I'm not a big fan of 3D cause I always seem to get a headache from it.

Oh, I forgot to say that after watching the movie, my favorite character is still Pascal. He so cute and funny. He might even beat Carpet for my favorite Disney sidekick, but I'll have to see it again to make sure.
yeah i agree with firegirl1515. i think that gothel liked rapunzel but didn't love her.
over a year ago puloobestreet said…
She would get back faster if she ran, but the transition was too sudden, so I was confused.

and what I meant was she loved the hair
but she showed Rapunzel that she cared for her on some level (by giving her hugs and telling her she loved her.)
but at the end she proved to be too greedy; ultimately she just cared about her own happiness
I still don't think she really "loved" Rapunzel. Even the greediest of people wouldn't do what she did to Rapunzel. Everything was done grudgingly, she was rude to her and tried to make up for it by saying "just kidding!", and everything she said was critical or judging. Plus, almost every time she said "I love you" or kissed her, her eyes were on the hair.

Gothel had maybe a thin layer of love for Rapunzel. Like, more love than Frollo had for Quasi, but the same or slightly less love than Zira had for Nuka.
over a year ago TigerRanma said…
Gothel kept calling Rapunzel "flower".
ok do you guys remember what flynn said at the end about him and rapunzel getting married? did he say he was asking her for years?
Yes. He joked saying that Rapunzel asked him for years to marry him and he finally said yes, then Rapunzel corrected him, and he confessed that it was he who did the asking.
^^But not for years. Didn't he mention that it didn't take years though? GAHHH MUST REWATCH.

Either way, they were so in love I couldn't imagine it taking years. I mean, seriously, the worst thing to happen to the kingdom was Rapunzel's kidnapping- it's not like anything could've happened to stop them from getting married within the next few month after the movie (like how all those random adventures stopped Aladdin from marrying Jasmine right away).
Flynn said "But I know what the big question is. Heh. Did Rapunzel and I ever get married? Well, I'm pleased to tell you that after years and years of asking and asking and asking...I finally said yes."

Rapunzel goes "Eugene..." And Flynn said "All right. I asked her." And Rapunzel said "And we're living happily ever after." And Flynn said "Yes, we are."

I don't know if he was just exaggerating on the years part but that's what he said in his epilogue. It was strange when Flynn opened the movie with "This is the story of how I died." I was thinking "Flynn, shushie. That's a spoiler. We're not supposed to expect it." Though I knew he was gonna before I saw the movie.
laugh
^I remember hearing that at the beginning and was like "Wait, he going to die?" for like a minute and then forgot about it until it actully happened. My sister forgot about it until I reminded her on the way home.

I think he was exaggerating because he was being Flynn with the whole "playing hard to get". I think they probably got engaged within the month and married soon after, but I could be wrong.
Yeah, I think Flynn was joking around about the many years part. They do seem so in love at the end of the movie. I wouldn't be surprised if they got it on right there in the tower after Flynn was brought back to life. jk XP They did in the original story. XD Also wanna say, Flynn dying definitely beats him going blind, like in the original.
surprise
Wait a minute!

If Flynn SAID that him & Rapunzel got married, how I come I'm seeing an advertisment of Flynn and Rapunzel dolls in wedding clothes when visually there was no wedding in the movie?

So were did the dolls wedding clothes design come from?
^^Disney Marketing. Because they said the two get married, they're allowed to design dolls in wedding clothes to sell to small children. We never see the two girls in Barbie's The Princess and the Pauper get married, but I bought the entire wedding set. Little girls like staging weddings, I guess.

Oh, and I think Flynn was exaggerating. Rapunzel wouldn't have said no. She would've freaked out like Mulan did in Mulan 2.

I forgot about him saying it was the story about how he died until he started narrating at the end again. I the beginning I was like, "WTF? Flynn quit the theatrics, I know you don't die in this movie". And they when he spoke at the end again, I was like "Oooh, I get it now."

Hey, did anyone else go to see it with kids? I went with my little twin cousins (a boy and a girl) and they both really liked it- everyone in the theater besides one annoying little boy did.
^In the movie theatre I saw it, there were a lot of people who loved it, they even applauded after the end!
But there were two idiots who laughed when Rapunzel's dad was crying. It was such a touching scene, and those cretin almost ruined the watching this moment... Ugh...

And by the way, when I was watching the movie I forgot about the first line of Flynn that it's the story about how he died. I mean I thought it was not literally his death. But only after watching the whole movie, I understood what he's talking about.
^^Are you serious? Pfft jerks. I almost cried when the King did, and my mom and aunt actually did cry. To be missing your daughter for eighteen years . . . of course he'd be heartbroken.

Oh, and I made a short-haired Rapunzel lineup- so shadow again though:
^^Are you serious? Pfft jerks. I almost cried when the King did, and my mom and aunt actually did cry
You know firegirl1515 you can ask me to do the Disney Princess Lineup as well as alafastanzio. I'll be more than happy to.
^^I know, I just wanted to try it out myself. Didn't mean to insult you or anything...^-^"
@firegirl1515: In Barbie in The Princess and the Pauper, you do see a double wedding of the two girls at the end. Aww, you made a great lineup.

Anyway, I went to see the movie with my two nieces. And yeah, people clapped when the movie finished. It was cool.
smile
yeah i'm glad you guys think that Flynn was exaggerating. i just found it hard to believe that Rapunzel was willing to spend the rest of her life with Mother Gothel just so Flynn could live but she didn't want to spend the rest of her life married to him. plus saying no? that's not very Disney princessy.

my aunt said that she cried from the very beginning and every 20 minutes. after we left the theater, she looked like someone had punched her in the face. it was so touching!!

when i went to the midnight showing, there was a huge line of teenagers which worried me a bit because I was afraid that they were just partying teens who had nothing to do at midnight during a school break. but they were great! they laughed at everything and were not obnoxious at all!! i think they were fans of disney :)
@firegirl1515: yes, I did cry too...

Those who laughed at this moment were rather adult, young man and woman. And it shocked me even more.

But girls behind me in ever cute moment exclaimed: AWWW. So it was rather funny and nice. Because I did it too. It's an awwww movie ;)
@TigerRanma: Really? Hmm, I don't remember the wedding part . . . anyways thanks for the compliment =)
laugh
Would someone be more than happy to pay for my aeroplane ticket to America just so I can see Tangled and mail me back to my home in Australia.
smile
I had nothing to do... So I made this banner. Just for fun.
Too many princesses ;)
I had nothing to do... So I made this banner. Just for fun. 
Too many princesses ;)
^^Wow that's heaps mad ppv. ^^
Maybe we should stop using the images that Disney markets and displays the Disney Princesses and use screen shots for the banner Because that there is absolutley great.
smile
Well, we had the contest when we're picking the current banner. And the main battle was between this one and the one with screenshots of every princess. Still don't understand why this one (it's mine..) won. Because their merchandise look is worse than in cartoons.
So, if Rapunzel's added to the official lineup and we decide to change the banner, it'll be great if we pick the banner with screenshots. Agree.
over a year ago aquablaze1515 said…
^^I don't think it would be good to have a banner of screencaps, because we wouldn't all be able to agree on the same ones. Like, I'm not a big fan of the ones you picked of Ariel, Mulan, Snow, Aurora, and Cinderella, although the overall banner is really nice.

Maybe this time we could use alafastanzio's cinematically correct version, where Poca isn't orange-y, Mulan has the flower in her hair and Cinderella & Aurora have the right hair colors.

Oh, and FYI, this is firegirl1515's alternate account.
big smile
^Well, maybe you're right. But, you know, there's almost tie when we're picking the banner. A lot of people loved the banner with screencaps.
Honestly, I don't care, I mean I would love both versions.
But with long Rapunzel's hair, and pink Aurora's gown, lol XD