Beauty and the Beast TV Show BEFORE the CW Beauty and the Beast

KitKat71483 posted on Aug 23, 2012 at 12:17PM
Everyone I think has heard that the CW is coming out with a Beauty and the Beast TV series.

Has everyone heard that the woman will be called 'Catherine Chandler' and the Beast will be called 'Vincent'? Have you heard that the Beast will not actually be 'Beastly'? Have you heard that there will be no 'World Below'?
Everyone I think has heard that the CW is coming out with a Beauty and the Beast TV series.

Has ev

Beauty and the Beast TV Show 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago KitKat71483 said…
What is your opinion before watching the show?

I wish they had chosen different names for the main characers. And I HOPE they don't try to use the other names as well. I would hate to see their idea of 'Mouse'.
What is your opinion before watching the show?

I wish they had chosen different names for the main
over a year ago CrazyCatLady said…
hmmm
I am not! going to watch it,i just have no intrest in it.i heard there would be no beast in it which,to me seems pretty stupid,i mean its called beauty and the beast! whats the point of making a show like this with out a beast? it makes no sense to me!
Do you remember when they came out with the Tarzan rewrite for TV about 10 years or so again with some model Travis Fimmel or someone?
Thats kinda what it reminds me of, that they are going to have this handsome man that can fight, maybe have his eyes flash some wonky colors, maybe have his teeth be a little pointed, but he's going to be more beastlike in actions than in looks.
BTW, loved the Tarzan guy...LOL! But, just not my idea of Beast?!
over a year ago CrazyCatLady said…
Yes i do remember that Tarzan show.and this new "Beast" is also not my idea of the Beast.
angry
I think this is part of what 'irks' (irritates the shit) out of me about them keeping the Catherine and Vincent names.
I will probably like the show. I liked the CW's version of Tarzan. But, its almost an insult to how much passion and romance and sexiness that Ron Perlmon was able to bring to Vincent, even with 4 hours of makeup each day that he had to portray a role through.
Here their going to have some flashy guy and give him the same name as 'Vincent'......it kinda cheapens the whole Catherine/Vincent romance for me cause that Vincent's 'beast' appearance WAS part of the whole romance!
Now, in the back of your head, you have this thought, would she have really fallen for Vincent in this new show if he really looked like our Vincent did? It makes her seem fickle to me even starting out.

I just really really wish they hadn't kept the same names.
over a year ago FlightofFantasy said…
I watched the first episode of the remake and thought it was shit. I'll stick to the original.
*looks lovingly at my Beauty and the Beast: The Complete Series boxset* <3