Atheism And we keep stressing that we're better than them, indeed maybe we might have our logic together, but ethically? from watching this link i can't imagine we do, i'd like to, but i can't

coriann posted on Oct 14, 2013 at 12:28PM

Atheism 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
I'm confused about what your point is...

Who keeps stressing who is better than who? (feels like there should be a 'whom' in there maybe... maybe not...)

I'm assuming that you are suggesting that atheists claim moral superiority over christians, and are using the events as described in this article to demonstrate that atheists are not quick to respond in these sorts of situations, correct? Well, the article update already addresses that, as a group of atheists have actually been supporting him. Regardless, churches have the benefit of already being organised for this kind of charity. Atheists do not tend to have these systems and networks in place to quickly set up fundraising efforts. Atheists are also less likely to announce it. As evidenced by this situation, atheists were involved but just didn't make it as public as the church group did. Just because atheists aren't as obviously organised in their charitable work doesn't mean they aren't charitable. For example, link on Twitter is a brilliant fundraiser and he and his followers regularly raise more money than religious organisations. Atheists aren't any less charitable. They just don't have the luxury of the church as an institution to give the charity a more concrete and organised appearance.
coriann commented…
thanks over a year ago