We All Role Play Lord of the Rings- The Dark Age of Middle Earth

Rogue475 posted on Apr 10, 2013 at 03:38AM
(Based on Writer J.R.R. Tolkien's Fantastic Novel series: The Lord of the Rings)
Middle Earth, a land of shadows and mystery. For years tension has been rising within the land, hushed talk of evil rising in the east. Many know of the pending war for Middle Earth, for it has been told that the ring of power is no longer lost. stolen by a thief in the mountains. Reports have come in from throughout the Kingdom that the RIngWraiths have been awoken from their eternal slumber. They now search for the ring, and whom now controls it. Which brings us to our call to arms, We meet in Rivendel the great city of the Elves. We have been summoned by the Guardians of Middle Earth to Answer these threats against the foundation of everyday life. We are to be the new fellowship of Middle Earth. At this moment you and your company has just arrived in Rivendel and are awaiting to be summoned to the high council of Elves. Your journey of fate begins...
/||\ /||\ /||\
Rules:
-No killing other characters from the main Story
-Mages are not infinitely powerful, they are mortal and have certain power
-Make this as Enjoyable as possible
/||\ /||\ /||\
Characters:
(Fill out the profile in the People of Middle Earth character forum)
|\9 Years before the Fellowship of the Ring/|
(Based on Writer J.R.R. Tolkien's Fantastic Novel series: The Lord of the Rings)
Middle Earth, a lan
last edited on Jun 18, 2014 at 08:41PM

We All Role Play 241 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 241

over a year ago Rogue475 said…
I know how the distance between your dreams and the reality can seem to be scary. But for me, my dream is one long journey and I am ready to take every step on the route. (-Mina Deanna)
The ride from Gondor had been a difficult one, we had lost three good warriors to the orcs. but we've finally made it, rivendel... "Gareth take the horses and watch over them, we won't be long." I say to a fellow Ranger, he nods and walks off with the horses not far behind. "What news have you heard from Gulder's Company?" asks a familiar face, it was Thetas from the Riders of Rohan. "Its good to see you too, kinsman" I reply with a smirk. "What news!" he repeats angerly. "We know nothing of the fate of his men." I reply honestly and walk off, the chainmail under my clothes were clinging with every step. "The feast is nigh" says one of the Elves with a happy expression, he held a wine glass in one hand and a book in the other. "Where is Lord Elrond?" I say quietly to the Elf. "He has not yet returned from the Lonely mountain." the Elf replies and walks off, strange fellow indeed.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Spikegilfer1997 said…
With an arrow in the leg I ran up on my target, a blacksmith that had gone insane and cut down four people in town square. I tied him up like he was a hog and whistled for my horse, a pure black stallion. I rode back to town with a cocky grin, I hauled him before the bounty master.
"Not even a hour after the incident, a bonus for that. Slightly damage, where he's going I don't suppose that matter's does it?"
"Hangman's rope?" I asked.
"Torturer's dungeon, not that the lord of this holding truly care's for the people but he like's to make a example."
"That's awful, their Taxes are paying me. He should be more grateful."
"You gonna take the payment or not?" He said shoving a bag of coin's onto his desk, I inspected as was my custom.
"You're thirty-two off the regular, a bonus is twenty percent and almost half these coin's are fake." I deduced. "I'll take that as a extra bonus." He grumbled and got the money I had earned.
"Shifty Bastard." He muttered.
"A pleasant day to you." I cried joyously on my way out.
(Edit your character^)
"Bolden, why don't you get some food?" I say to one of the last remaining rangers still waiting in the courtyard. "Very well, but I want you to send word to Elrond, he must know of the recent Shade attacks" he replies and walks off. "Yes Lord Bolden" I say softly. during our travels we had heard of the shades attacking country folk, none survived such an encounter and the only thing left was a large bloodstain from wherever the victim had been standing at the time. in truth: I was afraid that the Ring Wraiths had truely returned from the dead.
over a year ago Blaze_of_Ares said…
(can I say Elrond is at the Lonely Mountain trying to get me?)
Rogue475 commented…
he is almost to Rivendel, so unfortunatly no over a year ago
(No he is there for the dwarves, you can join us along the journey)
over a year ago Nicolicious said…
I rode my horse along the cobbled road. I was almost at Rivendell and in dire need of some food. I was raided by some Orcs on the way and managed to fend them off, but not before they destroyed my campsite and food supply.
As if on cue Rivendell appeared in front of me and I urged my horse on faster.
(okay then)
I arrive in Rivendell with another Elf, one sent to bring me back. We enter Rivendell. It has been many centuries since I was here. I put on my hood to disguise myself till the time is right
I was still in the courtyard awaiting Elrond. I could se a small group in the distance, I doubt it was Lord Elrond.
I stand in the corner, observing
I knew of the pending darkness, 50 years ago it began with the Necromancer. now the orcs form ranks and have leaders, thus they are being trained by no orc. this journey had been to tighten our alliance with the elves, coming when called for aid. we could use as many allies as possible in these dark times.
I knew of course part of the problem. I knew the orcs were organizing. I fought many of them, though even with my skill I could have lost. I wonder why would they be so desperate to call me? I deserted them. I only came back, to know what's going on.
"We are almost ready" says an elf, I turn and reply: "everybody should be ready in a few minutes." I turn around and walk over to the silent elf. "You should go inside, they are almost ready to begin" I say politely.
I look up slightly to the mortal. I nod and start walking
I begin to follow and glance bak at the ridge, when I saw Aela... she had taken the journey alone? "I shall join the summit once it begins" I say and run to greet Aela.
I turn to see the girl. I continue my way into the summit and once again take my spot in the dark corner
I approached the gates and was greeted by Zephyrik. "Zephyrik! I came as soon as I heard the calling." I dismounted my horse and grabbed its reins.
"I had no idea you had been summoned here?, why did you take the journey alone...or are you all that's left?" I ask starting to realize too many questions at once. "My apologies..."
An elf goes to the two of them. "Please, we are about to begin, Lord Elrond has already arrived"
"Of course" I respond and walk with Aela to Rivendel. "So what happend?"
"Nothing happened. I travel alone Zephyrik, you know that. It is easier to hunt alone as it is to travel."
"....."
I leave my horse to be tended to by elves and continue on with Zephyrik.
"You know you can call me Rorik, right? my father gave me the name Zephrik and I've hated it..." I say and we make it to the courtyard of Rivendel.
"My apologies Rorik. It's been a while since I have traveled in the company of men." I told him.
"I see, well I had no idea you had been summoned" I reply.
(what are we suppose to do in the courtyard lol?)
(We aren't, we are about to have a meeting in the high tower.)
(PLEASE DONT DIE!)
"Well we best get to the summit" I say and walk through the courtyard, toward the center of Rivendel.
(ooh, the tower)
At the tower
I follow him towards the tower.
We arrive in the tower and I take a seat with the other Rangers.
(Sorry doing Milsim for like a month, it freakin awsome)
I sit down in a chair next to Aela and the other Rangers. The other groups had all sat down, now we were waiting on our host: Lord Elrond. As if fate had declared it, Elrond appeared from a corridor, conversing with an unkown man in grey.
"Is that...no way." My nearly drops as I see him enter with Lord Elrond.
I raise my head as Elrond arrives with another man
"Who? what do you mean?" I ask Aela.
"It cannot be." I smile. "That is Gandalf the Grey."
"Gandalf... the Wanderer?"
"Yes." I stand to greet and Gandalf and bow a little. "Gandalf. It has been a while."
I say nothing and await Elrond to sit and begin the summit.
Elrond sits and the summit begins. One asks "Why are we gathered here?"
"The darkness has returned to the east" I speak up, answering the man's question. Many exchanged glances and talked in hushed tones. the already knew, but they were too afraid to accept it.
"Interesting.." I mutter silently
"We don't know for sure, Rorik" Elrond says trying to regain order. "But you know it to be true, I know its true. The Orcs are gathering as far as Minas Morgul, so we must know that old stroghold is lost." I mention.
"If the orcs are assembling it could be dangerous. We all know of the Dwarf-Orc war" another says
"True true, but its been many decades since then, and their strength has doubled if not tripled."
"You can't know that to be certain, what proof have you?!" shouts one of the Dwarf party members. "It's true..." says an unkwon man. he was definatly a ranger, the man sat next to Gandolf. "And who the h*ll are you!?" shouts the Dwarf as he stands. "Strider..." I mutter as I remember my old friend. he stands up and leaves. "Filthy coward..." mutters the Dwarf as he sits back down. "Why don't we speak to the sons of Gondor?" says one of my fellow rangers. "Yes, why don't they share the news of the defeat at Black-Brier" I exclaim.
I sit in silence. This was why I did not travel in the company of anyone else. So much fighting.
The men of Gondor shift in their seats. "We had... we lost the closest outpost to Minas Morgul, Black-Brier camp"