How I Met Your Mother "Right Place Right Time" Episode Discussion - *Major Spoilers If You Haven't Seen It*

chehamstera posted on May 05, 2009 at 12:30PM
*Salute* Major Spoilers...
I just want to say that I liked almost everything about this episode until the end. So, forgetting that for now:

-What I Liked-

>The format of the episode - a bit like Lucky Penny but it didn't feel, to me anyway, that they were just reusing old ideas.

>Marshall's charts, it just struck me as very Marshall-y. I also love that his go-to stalling move is the fish stand-up routine.

>Ted's reaction to Robin saying she was pregnant.

>Dan Castellaneta (voice of Homer) as 'Milt'! (I also loved "Alien Time Machine")

-Things I Didn't Like-

>Barney's 200 - I'm in total agreement with Ted, it's too many. And really quite icky.

>The lack of Lily - I think they got away with it for a couple of episodes but now I just want her back :(

-Things I HATED-

>... well you can probably already guess. My... how shall I describe it... "Stella Reaction" went something like "No. No. WHY? No. No..."

Seriously?! My main problem is that I thought that (aside from the lack of Lily) this would've been a great episode to introduce the mother, which is why Stella's appearance at the end almost ruined the entire thing for me. BUT I'm reasoning with myself - three episodes left of the series...? There's time to fix this [obvious] mistake...

How I Met Your Mother 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cicino1 said…
heart
i really loved the end scene where barney is sat in the bar

" 200 what now???" - barney

see's robin and smiles =)=)=)
over a year ago germany123 said…
i loved this epi..it really had my full attention while watching (hasnt happened in a long time) but it seems so...FINAL! BOOHOOOOOO!!!

the way season two pictured it barney became barney cause he was hurt emotionally/daddy issues etc- now saying his sleeping around was all to trump this dude from school- meh! i think it should take a little more than that...but we will see how it plays oot.

sheesh what the heck was stupid stella doing there!?!?!?!?!?!
i was so glad she was gone....
what do we think motherheads?? is stella really the mother? will there be another season? cause they are REALLY starting to tie loose ends *worries*
over a year ago xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
What I Liked
I really loved this episode, i loved the format & the storyline
Marshall was brill in this episode :D The charts were hilarious
The Barney storyline was icky, but it seemed very Barney!
LOVED LOVED LOVED the end bit...'What now' *Looks at Robin* :D

What i didn't like
Lack of Lily :( It's just not the same, what so ever!
Stella, Im not sure how i feel about this, i loved the revealing of her, as i didnt expect it! I don't think shes the mother,but maybe she's connected TO the mother! Otherwise i think it would be to obvious!

Overall what a brillant episode, it's getting back to the HIMYM we love :)
over a year ago germany123 said…
blush
*salutes* ooops im sorry i forgot to salute
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
*salutes*
I really like Sarah Chalke, But not Stella.
Leaving it at that.
Barney's 200 was a bit weird.
over a year ago nphfan said…
i love everything except maybe the end, but we'll see where that goes.
over a year ago zukini said…
STELLA CANT BE THE MOTHER OMG SHE CANT!!
In my opinion the show should continue to at least season 8, then they could spend a whole season on the romance b/w Ted and the mother, it needs to be subtle and clever. I also think that the mother should be played by Linda Cardellini (star of ER, Freaks & Geeks scooby-doo etc..), otherwise im expecting to be very disappointed with the mother...