How I Met Your Mother 4.21 The Three Days Rule - Episode Discussion *Spoiler Alert*

Jennifer1985 posted on Apr 28, 2009 at 07:43AM
The story was pretty simple but this episode was clearly one of the good ones imo.

What I Liked

• Barney explaining the Three Days Rule – His Jesus speech was so funny
• ‘True Story’ and high fives
• Robin’s awful jokes
• The cameo of the red cowboy boots
• Texty Text
• Marshall and Barney pretending to be Holli and Ted imagining the two together in the bath texting etc.
• Ted’s naked lady laugh
• Robin wanting Ted to tell Marshall and Barney that he has to die soon
• Stan, and Barney and Marshall having a crush on him
• “Here’s the thing Barney, I’m snuggly, you’re not. Who wouldn’t want to snuggle up to this business on a Sunday morning? Wrapped up in a comforter and it’s raining outside and there’s muffins warming in the over…I’m cuddly bitch, deal with it.

What I did not like

• An episode withoot Lily is just wierd
• Robin dating Stan – What the hell…?

I am still not sure aboot Holli… She seemed a bit crazy. But I think we have to see where this is going...

What do you guys think?

How I Met Your Mother 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago chehamstera said…
I almost completely agree with all of the above... the episode could've been better but I'm really glad it didn't go into Friends territory, which it easily could've with the "they don't know that i know that they know" sort of thing... and they finally mentioned the mother again! It's been a while... maybe gearing up for big series finale in a few weeks? Here's hopin'.
over a year ago germany123 said…
hmmm
yeah agreed jen..
the only question i have: will something actually HAPPEN ?? like..AT ALL???? i get there need to be filler epis but..NO plot development is boring me.
oh..was it really necessary for robin to flash ted?
gosh she is sucha whore...
i did appreciate her "or a verrrry sick dad..am i rightand marshall going along with the whole "lets make fun of ted" very unmarshallesque

also: i didnt like stan at all

(sidebar: was this the smooth radio dude from "swarley?" who was the announcer for the song ted dedicated to swarley?)

also THATS the big turnaround?? the lame story ted told?
sheesh think of something a LITTLE more original to get revenge...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago nphfan said…
i agree w/ everything as well. i liked how barney and marshall were gay-ish that episode - having a crush on stan and wanting ted to have gay dreams about them. it was really funny.
over a year ago nphfan said…
oh yeah it was weird that robin flashed him. and it was weird that marshall made fun of him w/ barney.
over a year ago flosrhoeados said…
sidebar about Stan- he could been the radio dude from "swarley", but I am pretty sure he is karaoke guy from "Life among gorilas"
really?? he looks different..or im remembering the karaoke guy wrong
i researched..so far:
the karaoke DJ is Gregor Manns
link
and stan is Kevin Michael Richardson
link
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
What I liked
LOVED that Carter got the idea from link.
I love that they kept trying to have sex with Ted.
Robins lame joke. I missed her awful jokes.
Ted's boots. They suck, which is why they are hot.
Orrrrrr!
Pablo Neruda!! I was studying him for my Spanish class, I was so happy to hear him mentioned =D

What I disliked
I miss Lily!
Naked Robin! Why are they writing her whorey? =( I heart non whorey Robin!
Ted's naked lady laugh. It was cute but I always feel a bit sad when they add in something that he has "done all along" but we haven't seen it in the show. Alllthough, I suppose HIMYM can always say that Future Ted just never thought about mentioning it before.

Random ThoughtsWhen I got your mothers number? I called her right away.
I guess that rules out Trudy. However it does throw Holli into the mix!

Lines I liked
• I'm snuggly, you're not. I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it!
• This body would rock his world!
• Why do we keep trying to have sex with Ted?
• Ok I promise, I'll wait three days just please stop talking!
• They make conditioners that don't leave a buildup! I'm so bad.
• That touched me here *heart* and here *brain*
• Marsha & Billy. No one sprained any muscles there!
• Buddy, tonight your name is I M Paying!
• Is the tall one Ted?
Those are from memory, there were probably a lot better ones!

the only question i have: will something actually HAPPEN ?? like..AT ALL???? i get there need to be filler epis but..NO plot development is boring me.
Plot development next week! Carter/Craig/Cant remember which one but it was one of them, said that next episode starts a chain of events which will lead to the big finale! He said more but thats all I can say with no spoilers =D
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
big smile
ARGH! I didn't know this epi was oot till yesterday! I loved it though... except for Lily's absence. I guess it's a continuation of that joke.