How I Met Your Mother *Mild Spoilers* 4.19 epi discussion: Murtagh

ladolcevita posted on Mar 31, 2009 at 07:45AM
what i liked
the laser tag scene at the start
the way robin dressed when she and barney were proving wrong the murtagh list.
what i didn't like
marshall's screaming at the kids. not him.
barney thinking hes too old.
RATING
Three and a half.

How I Met Your Mother 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
The epi was finally back to more than HIMYM average for me again.

What I liked

• Barney at Laser Tag – Creepy guy in a suit wouldn’t leave the kids alone. It was classic-barney-awesome
• Barney requesting a high-five again – haven’t seen this in a flobbidy jillion years
• Barney accepting the challenge of doing all the things on the Murtaugh list
• LAME coaching the kindergarten’s basketball team
• Teen Wolf
• Robin’s & Barney’s rave ootfits
• The annoying two people message on the answering machine
• The telepathic conversation

What I did not like

• The guys think they're too old to do stuff
If you do all the things on the list you'll die – it reminds me of a theory I've recently read (link)

The episode was funny, it had classic HIMYM elements in it. I am definitely going to watch it again. I'd give it four stars.
over a year ago germany123 said…
blush
wow..okay..i thought it was pretty meh. i have to go to work now and ill watch it again later but it bugs me endlessly that the stories arent relatable anymore.
the way this all happened was soooooooooo far fetched and sooooooooooo sitcommy- the two stories had nothing to do with each other, i think it would have been better to have focussed on say LAME and their story and focuss on the actual conflict of raising kids with two opinions and then have some fantasy future scenes whith persephone and daphne.
and some sort of actual conclusion where you feel the story served a purpose to let us get to know the characters better,drive the LAME relationship forward, rather than having OH THIS IS FUNNY THE OTHER DUDES ARE REALLY TALL AND THERE IS TEEN WOLF ANOTHER MOVIE REFERENCE lame filler jokes!
meh..im just not happy with them atm....sorry for being such a nag.
over a year ago nphfan said…
the marshall thing was a little weird, but i liked the barney plot. except he should have been able to do all that stuff. he is not too old for it.
oh wait what did you guys think of the danny glover reference? what was coo was that in undercover brother, nph's boss says that about nph and looks at a picture of danny glover. this probably is not a reference to that, but i liked the lethal weapon thing.
Really? Didn't notice the "Undercover Brother reference" haven't seen it in a while...
over a year ago cicino1 said…
omg i loved this episode sooooooooooo much

what i liked = barney all through this episode when he got his ear pierced , when robin & banrney left a answer phone message and there crazy rave outfits , nd how barney wanted robin to call ted from the rave.

i also loved ted pretending to be old i loved his old man glasses

Fav was BARNEYS PINK WIG XD

i didnt like = marshall and lily it got really boarin =[
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago chehamstera said…
i enjoyed this episode, but i still feel like there's something missing this season, can't quite put my finger on it.. what i did like:

-"the greatest canadian action movie of all time" mcelroy and lefleur (which might be horribly misspelt, btw)
-ted wanting to be an old man (because i love the whole "dad ted" thing)
-a gentleman's agreement! huzzah! ... might start using that.

what i didn't like:
-the whole lily and marshall storyline - especially the sudden introduction of marshall's dad, i just thought it was kinda weird

other than that though, it was a decent episode, certainly rewatchable and one of the better in a season i can only describe as mediocre :(
there is definitely something missing from this season.
over a year ago xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
zzz
I liked it, but it was one of the weaker episodes of the !!

What i liked
Barney & Robin
The Rave Outfits
Bump watch Lool
Barney at Laser Tag
Teen Wolf bit, i cracked up :P

What i didn't like
Marshall's whole sub plot, i didnt quite understand
Ted acting old

Like i said, okay episode but it was a bit mediocre :(
over a year ago germany123 said…
sick
also..the laser tag guy says: you have been a pain in my ass ever since you joined-but then im too old for this shit gets censored to STUFF...!?!? please!!
way to do a lame version of the GRINCH censoring in "how lily stole xmas"

ha ha ha btw how GROSS was :barney your ear is starting to smell!?
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
My rating thing Isn't catching on :( --- Jen, that theory is REALLY good!
But sad.
Jen that theory is sooo sad :( But it makes sense *Arghhhhh*
Yeah it kinda does make sense... I felt so aweful when I read it the other day plus I couldn't enjoy HIMYM for a while because I had to think about it.
I had never noticed some of the things they mentioned like the past tense thing until they mentioned it =/