How I Met Your Mother *Potential Spoilers* 4.18: Old King Clancy

ladolcevita posted on Mar 24, 2009 at 06:56AM
WHAT I LIKED
link (they really just wanna get that stuff out there) - No disgusting stuff on there, btw.
The Frozen Snowshoe
The Firing Room
Hitting Bilson with a chair
Marshall: Lily is the star of my heart
Lily: Hugh Jackman!
WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE
Lily. The way she acted in this ep wasn't like her.
Robin at the end. Not her either, wanting an Old King Clancy.
There was something else, but I can't remember it.
OVERALL
This ep was good, but not LOL quality
New Thingamajig (Hoping it will catch on)(out of 5):
RATING
3+1/2 or ***1/2

last edited on Mar 24, 2009 at 07:35AM
save

How I Met Your Mother 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
oh we are giving the epis ratings? okay 3.0!

i didnt like lily and the way no one cared aboot ted. thats what i mean aboot the gang not being there for each other anymore..
seemed like a filler epi. also why is there only bad stuff happening to ted!? i mean hes just the guy no one takes seriously anymore :(
cooperate marshall is getting on my nerves, too btw
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
What is wrong with the writers lately? The episode was rather... meh... again.

What I did like

• NPH
• The Canadian sex acts
• The Frozen Snow Shoe

What I did not like

• Marshall and Barney making up a task force/softball team - it wasn't as funny as it intended to be...
• Lily - it was nice to see some traces of 'horny/sex-crazed' Lily again but it did not work as well either.

As the writers I seem to be oot of ideas for the moment. I might come back later.
hmmm
also i have said this before..the websites arent getting any funnier :(

marshalls stand up was pretty funny- the way jason acted it at least.
thats one good thing i have to say aboot the episode..

but seriously you cant relate anymore...the stories are just getting so absurd.
hmmm
you know how i normally watch the epi again just in case i missed stuff? this one was so boring i couldnt be bothered to watch it a second time :S
over a year ago chehamstera said…
agreed, it was a bit average.. i give it a 3.5, i kinda feel like they're thinking up the odd funny line or scene, like marshall's stand-up or the canadian sex acts and then filling the rest with random, not that funny filler material. i agree with germany, the plots are far more unlikely and borderlining ridiculous now. before the season ends i'd quite like another well-thought-out plot like ted mosby: architect or the pineapple incident. not exactly like that, obviously, but just a good story told in a more interesting way than the linear format with the odd flashback.

here's hoping for an epic finale that'll make the summer unbearable waiting for the next series to begin :P
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago awesometeen said…
This episode wasnt that all great.
Still awesome cuz of NPH
but I just didnt like this epi because of the "Old King Clancy" part. First of all, why was this a good title? I didnt think it was that funny -but maybe im being bias since I dont really like Robin that much.
The better/funnier parts of this epi was the Barney & Marshall scenes, i like how the show continued the "who's Ted's BF". And the "what? the white dude or the asian fellow? SEE, i barely know the guy" Barney saying it made it funny.
Overall, didnt really like the whole epi bc of Robin's canadian sex act...
But HIMYM is still awesome !