How I Met Your Mother Robins parents

germany123 posted on Mar 22, 2009 at 10:54PM
now my fellow motherheads..i have a question that hasnt been addressed yet ( i think..or i dont remember)

so the way i understand from the flashbacks from robins youth her parents are divorced, right?
she lived with her dad and then went to live with her mom and did the girly robin sparkles stuff..
i just watched "swarley" (great episode btw) and robin talks to her mom on the phone who is babbling on aboot stuff and robin only says "uh-huh" and "well if anything thats dads fault".
what do we make of this? error? i misunderstood? she calls her stepdad "dad"?
any thoughts!?!?

How I Met Your Mother 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago want2watcheroes said…
laugh
Her mum might have said "I can't trust men anymore!" or "My daughter's a gun nut!". I dunno it was probably a mistake.
over a year ago chehamstera said…
some people do call their stepdads dad, i suppose.
or her mother might still really hate her dad in which case she'd win points from her mum by blaming everything on her dad..
but robin's backstory is fairly sketchy and seems to change all the time. it could be blamed on ted's unreliable narration, if robin was a bit vague about it he'd be a bit vague about it when telling the stories... i dunno, i guess that's what the writers fall back on if they make any mistakes in continuity. nice catch, though.
over a year ago zuntiz said…
just because the parents are divorced it doesn't have to mean that they can't blame things on each other.
over a year ago germany123 said…
yeah i guess :P it just seems that they have been separated for something like 15 years...you wouldnt think his failures would still be part of their phone convos..then again..humans ;P
last edited over a year ago