How I Met Your Mother The episode of February 2

nphfan posted on Feb 03, 2009 at 02:04AM
I don't know the name yet, but...

IT WAS THE MOST AMAZING EPISODE IN A LONG TIME!!!!!!! I loved everything about it - Marshall's dancer's hip, Lily's hot dogs, Ted's radio show, BARNEY'S AWESOME APPLICATION VIDEO, Robin's long-missed place as a central character - we were reminded of why we loved all these characters. BRo was brought in the plot again, this time w/ Robin actually being involved rather than it just being Barney loving her. It was just a fantastic episode.

What did you think?

How I Met Your Mother 18 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
What I liked

∙ Marshall’s nickname Vanilla Thunder
∙ Ted as Dr. X
∙ Barney’s video resumé
∙ Barney preparing to propose to Robin
∙ The gentle hug Barney gave Robin at the end when she got the job
∙ Writing Alyson’s pregnancy in as a result from a hot dog eating contest, it was pretty sly
∙ Robin being a reporter in Canada

What I did not like

∙ Dancing Marshall – I don’t know but I thought this was kind of out of place they were making such a big deal out of it and… well it just didn’t fit in. They should have come up with something else.

I may have to rewatch to ted up…
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
laugh
What I Liked

The video resume (check out link and www.tedmosbyisajerk.com)
the BRo hug
The hot dog thing
Robin's Canadian Report
Made up words
Dr. X
Vanilla Thunder

what I didn't
Dancer's Hip
Hmmm... what else?

over a year ago nphfan said…
i kinda liked the dancer's hip thing. i thought it was so marshall.
over a year ago germany123 said…
awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww­w
i want NPH to hug me like that..*sqeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

i agree with you guys except i didnt like the not-very-sly-that ted-could-totally-see-proposal thing

+also i liked the scene where everyone gathered when robin said she had to go. very HIMYMotherey to have that moment.

barneys face when saying: yeah..no linketivity is mine...

+and ted: thats terrible and bad..and also!!

+ and i know this isnt terribly original of me but i laughed oot loud at the gang staring at robin saying: red deer...alberta...CANADA! everyone:oh CANADA!!
i think its cause i think all canadajokes are funny :P

+and barney interviewing himself in a fake scottish accent.thats how bad mine would sound..teek the high rod!!

question: why was the set for the lottery from 1981? I mean glitter?? really??

oh and robin managed to go a full epi withoot sleeping with someone even though she was despereate for a job. YAY for robin

p.s. DID I MENTION I TOTALLY WANT NPH TO HUG ME LIKE THAT!!???!!!
last edited over a year ago
I WANT THAT TOO!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU NPH!!!!!!!
I don't have to mention that I want NPH to hug me, too =D

I agree with Gerly, I also laughed at the Canada joke. It was probably not the smartest they made but everything aboot Canada is just funny in the show.
Yeah.
laugh
yeah. i loved robin finally having a main part.
And the bit where she had to break the bricks with her forehead
i know!!! i've missed her...
over a year ago PieceOfAwesome said…
big smile
i liked everything. the episode was almost the same level as 'three days of snow'. i agree with you, i loved that they focused on robin again. i'm looking forward to see her hosting the morning show.
i thought barney made her get a better job...
Why? Isn't hosting the morning show better than being an anchor at a local new station with only 2 viewers?
Well, if she only reads the paper on the show it is probably the greatest job on earth =D
big smile
Aparrently it's at 4 in the morning...
It is? So then being a news reporter in Canada seems to be even better than this =D
oh haha sorry i thought that barney refused for her to do the morning news thing when the station called, but i must have been mixed up.
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
What I liked
Robin's resume.
Not knowing aboot Canada.
The ghost in the post.
Lily and the doctor laughing at Marshalls injury.
Making fun of Marshall being a woman.
Barneys video resume.
Robins audition for the Lotto numbers.
Barneys blatant love for Robin in getting her a new job, who else wants a Barney? And a Marshall? And a little bit of a Ted?

What I loved
Adding in Alysons bump, I guess thats what Carter meant when he said writing the bump into the show =D
Robin & Barney's hug, I will dream of that tonight.

What I hated
The fact that I thought Monday was another repeat and I didn't realise it was a new episode until I saw this title in the forums *Sad face*

What I disliked
yeah, I didn't like the proposal thing. It was too.....sitcommey for me. Stupid thing to say aboot a sitcom, I know but still.

Favourite Lines
From all of us here at news ten, have a good evening. So good night New York.... And may the road ahead be lit with dreams and tomorr's....Which are lit with dreams....Also....Stand tall new York....Trustworthy....Recycling.....Wear a condom.

It was Ted. It was Ted. It was Ted =D

Because X marks the spot ot ot ot ot.
If you thought people liked your show they did not ot ot ot ot.

I just read that the mayor of winnipeg's nephew went ice fishing and caught him self a sixteen pound Wall eye., Reporting from the worst place in the world, I'm Robin Scherbatsky.

Connectitude. Transformatation. Linketivity.

I mean for one thing, it's going to be a really long commute.

I am the master of the possimpiple.

Random
No scottish person I have ever met in my entire life speaks like that =D And I used to live in the very north with all the crazy accents =P
Also.....wow. This got way too long, kudos if you are still reading =P
last edited over a year ago
:-D still reading and still fascinated w/ ur expert critique.
over a year ago szmootyi said…
cool
I loved this episode so much, one of the best ones of the season so long!
What I liked:
Aboot everything... especially Dr. X and Robin's auditions and Lily The Belly Aldrin... AND OF COURSE BARNEY'S SUPER AWESOME VIDEO RESUME!!! 'How could it be me, this guy's British...' 'But really... it's a state of MIND.' and almost every single line of the resume... Oh, and the music video was awesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesomeawesome too!
But the best thing was Robin and Barney making her own vid resume, I loved Robin's word creations, she's totally visative, too.

What I did not-ot-ot-ot-ot:
(I loved everything, I only wrote it for the ot-ot-ot-ot joke :)