How I Met Your Mother Little Minnesota Episode Discussion {Spoilers}

Saul_Mikoliunas posted on Dec 16, 2008 at 12:47PM
Funny Lines
Ted, I'm canadian. I don't need a coat.
I wish I could see her naked, I wish I could see her naked, I wish I could see her naked and down on all fours.
We invented Trivial Pursuit!
Sorry about that! Have a doughnut, on the hoose!
Pulling down her pants, yanking off my own. Underneath the miseltoe I'll make your sister moan! Ohhhhh =D

Robin
I prefered how she was written in this episode. No crazy hornyness, no bad lines, just good old Robin acting like a dude and being proud of being Canadian.

What I Liked
Marshall singing Let's Go To The Mall =D
Barney NOT sleeping with Ted's sister.
Barney's song (Plus the dancing to the Hanukkah song)
Barney's chair.

What I disliked
Ted's sister. I don't know why but the whole you don't trust me so I will fake sleep with barney? Meh.
I also thought the whole Ted/Heather/Barney/Lily parts were kind of blah. More of a sidestory than the main one and yet the side story was Robin/Marshall.

I had a rubbish quality version of it so I am now off to find a good version and watch it again =D

P.s. Where did Lily not being able to keep secrets around christmas come from? She managed fine before. It's also slightly odd =D
last edited on Dec 16, 2008 at 01:05PM

How I Met Your Mother 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
OHH!! Did you guys see that Robin had Fryman on the back of her hockey shirt (Pamela Fryman-Director) and the three of the extras had Bays, Thomas and Smulders on them =D
over a year ago germany123 said…
^^nice catch suals

also as usual i agree- another thing that has been buggin me is that ted and robin went oot for over a year!? why wouldnt robin already know what a wacko sister he has!?
himym is getting kinda sloppy with these things grrrrrrrr

be back later after watching it again :)

oooh another thing i liked: ted being super patronizing towards heather:
that door is a push..not a pull- there you go!

no...if you... not down..towards the middle! he he he

BARNEY TAKING HIS SHIRT OFF::again :-D''''''''
(thats my little drooling smiley)

does his sister look like a latina or is that just me?

the whole hoser house singing LGTTM cracked me up!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago chehamstera said…
totally agree with everything here, i liked this episode but i kind of wanted something a bit more christmassy, like when lily stole christmas, but maybe that's just me.
what i did love that no one's mentioned yet was barney's: "your mom and i kissed"
also i might be completely wrong here, but barney mentioned driving ted's mother to the airport - i don't know if it's ever been cleared up but i swear barney still can't drive...
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
I SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Agree. With Everything. Especially the Robin Stuff.
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
What I ♥ aboot the episode

• The Robin and Marshall moment. I think they’re really great together.
• Marshall’s version of Let’s Go to the Mall at the karaoke bar. That was priceless =D
• Robin’s “The Vikings lost the 1999 NFC Championship Game... damn...”
• Barney’s Christmas Carols
• Barney withoot his shirt

What I did not ♥ aboot the episode

• Heather – the storyline, her and Ted’s relationship
• The first 5 minutes. After one time watching I thought it was a bit weak. First I thought this episode is going to be “meh” again. Luckily I was proved wrong.
totally agree jen
heather and ted were..odd together.
and btw is she going to be on the show now? since she is in NY and all? working for barney?
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I had the same thought when I saw it yesterday. OMG, I hope she won't.
over a year ago xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
I loved it :)

I Liked the Robin & Marshall moments :) especially Marshall singing 'Let's go to the mall' at the end :P
I Loved Barney's carols :P
I didnt like Heather much but ohwell :)
Other than that it was awesome :D
over a year ago zuntiz said…
I can't agree enough with what has been said already.
Chehamstera: I noticed that too, about Barney driving Ted's mother... must have been a slow ride with a terrified Barney behind the wheel :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ari12 said…
I agree with pretty much everything that has been said. I don't specify like I often do because when I saw the episode I was kind of distracted.

But, something I did not like was the beginning, I mean, the episode started weird. There was no Future Ted to like, introduce the story... I felt weird about that.

And I loved Barney's songs.
over a year ago ari12 said…
And Saul, I did not notice that! That's a good catch!! I'm gonna have to watch that episode again.
I did a little bit of research and I don't thinK Heather is scheduled to appear in any more episodes so fingers crossed!
P.s. Does anybody sometimes think that C.C spend so much time tryinbg to make things authentic that the other story sometimes takes a back door? Like all of those refrences to the 1999 game were apparently true and the bar etc very authentic and the Heather/Ted story almost seemed like a "Oh crapp, we need another story" story.
Haha that's just my super saddness kicking in again. I didn't notice when my cousin walked in the other day with a fake pregnancy bump on but I notice the back of their shirts on Himym =D
over a year ago MacLaren said…
i too didn't notice that and will have to watch the episode again!
over a year ago ClaireBearhimym said…
It was a really good episode! BUT What I was confused about was Barney said he drove Ted's mom to the airport. This would have probably been when they came for "Brunch". This is before we discovered Barney didn't know how to drive. D: So how is this possible? Another thing I noticed like that was in "Dowesitrepla" Robin said "When I went to go visit my dad and I asked you to take care of my dogs?" Robin visited her dad? I thought she hadn't seen him in like 5 years. Interesting..
Waaaaaaait a second. If Barney's Comment about Short term parking and Ted's Mother was true, wouldn't that mean he was breaking the bro code?

i thought the whole i kissed your mother thing was odd and superfluous
Oh......... I finally get why you guys say oot and aboot. is it writing in a Canadian accent?
YESSSSSSSSSSSS :)
thats what its all aboooouuuwwwt :P
Oh. Lol
I LOVE CHANNEL SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY ARE SHOWING SEASON 4 IN AUSTRALIA IN FEB! IN HD! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!! I LOVE YOU CHANNEL SEVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!!­!!