How I Met Your Mother Episode Discussion The Fight (view after viewing)

germany123 posted on Dec 09, 2008 at 03:01PM
Hmmm i will watch this episode again but i- well i didnt like, it but i didnt hate it...

the only thing that bugs me is robin! seriously we love robin but her character is not well written at the moment... at all!!

how lame was she!? all that throwing herself at the guys!? a little more subtlety would have worked better in my opinion :S

i hated how she was all izzie (i.e.coo coo for those who dont watch greys) last time over the naked man..we werent too sure aboot the wooo girls (but i still got that) and just today when lily said: ARE YOU seeing someone!? i thought: YES! please! send her to a shrink and let her sort herself oot!
i love robin and i really dont like the direction her charater is taking..

and then that bartender dude....uhm..WHAT!? WHO!? WHERE!?
i know how this can all be explained with the "well we see things like ted REMEMBERS them" but introducing the guy like he had been there all along..only we didnt notice the 2 meter (meters!? :P) dude with the ridiculous hair working behind the bar..ever!

NPH gaging reflex thing at the end of "brown shoes with a black suit" is now my second fave after the choking up in the middle of a sentence....

oh and..after seeing what the brothers did to marshall (the coffee in the fiero story)and knowing how they play BaskIceball..who else didnt believe for a second the eriksen brothers would be wusses!? i also didnt get why barney and ted would :S
and...i thought ted and barney would actually get into a fight..over robin somehow...

P.S.Why did they have to mention the goat again!?
P.P.S. how could marshall and his brothers have listened to the foreskins when they still had mullets!?
last edited on Dec 09, 2008 at 04:04PM

How I Met Your Mother 17 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
oh and how disappointing that we didnt see more of lesbian barney....
OH AND THANK YOU SO MUCH JASON FOR CUTTING YOUR HAIR
I LOVE MARSHALL AGAIN!!!!
THANK YOU!!!
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I knew the song sounded familiar! Thanks, Germany.

I think the episode was okay, not the best probably. I'm gonna rewatch it as well.
I agree with Germany, Doug came out of nowhere and all of a sudden he is their bartender buddy. Where the heck is Carl? Marshall thinks he is a vampire so Carl also could have pulled off the fighting story.

Robin just seems so self-conscious since season 4. What happened to the old confident, cigar-smoking gun enthusiast who wasn't in need of picking up loser guys?

Since when is Barney in such a desperate need to impress Robin? I think he knows better than that...

Uh as for the goat I think if they show it one or two more times withoot telling the damn story, I seriously lose interest in it.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago PamHalpert454 said…
I liked it...I thought it was pretty funny.
agreed jen..this goat story cant be THAT good....
over a year ago pollyloveshouse said…
Well, I didn't like it so much. What did annoy me was the kindergarten kids, with the fighing and the calling everyone wusses... That bugged me.

I thought Doug appearing from no where was odd... But I didn't really like him either so I'm alright with that.

Robin going all gooey eyed all episode was really annoying. Wow, I seemed pretty annoyed by the ep...
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I have loads to say but I don't have alot of time so I will sum it up quickly!
What I liked
Barneys gagging after brown shoes/black suit.
Barneys automatic replys
I like to think that the refrences to Murder Train & Marshall eating a sandwich were put in just for us huge geeky fans =D I like those kind of refrences.
We got back hot Marshall! Welcome back hottie Jason.
Lilys top when they were outside fighting.
Robins top when Doug was telling Ted to touch his toupee.

What I didn't like
Doug? Seriously? I am refrencing Scrubs here but they added in Kim like that and I did NOT like it. Wasn't funny. Was just kind of cheesey.
Doug's hair. We get rid of Marshalls hair, we have to put up with Dougs. You know what? Having Dougs toupee would have been great time for a Marshall hair joke! Like you got it cut, now its not as hot as mine (While every one else grimaces)
Robin getting all hot for Fighting. I get the Canadian fighting hockey part but it should have been way more sly, it was so unRobin. I feel the writers are getting further away from Robin Scherbatsky and closer to Robin Wanna be Abby Scherbatsky.

What I loved
Marshall. I lvoe that marshall is too grown up to fight and he is clearly the real man in this world =D I also love that he won't get in a fight for anything but Ted gets punched and BAM. Bye bye stupid Toupee.

Sidebar
Judging by the goat being added in there, Ted gets into a fight with a goat? I should really work oot the timing to find out roughly which episode we will find out in but I can't be bothered =D
I also love that he won't get in a fight for anything but Ted gets punched and BAM.

:O totally!!!!! good point honey..seeeeeeee!? marshall IS ted bff :P
barney did a runner as usual..
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Haha yup, Marshall & Ted FTW!

Who else totally loved Marshall more than everybody else in this episode?
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
over a year ago ari12 said…
I liked:
*The sandwich.
*"Different strokes".
*The shirt/dress (I don't know) Robin was wearing when Ted and Marshall had the fight.
*How supportive was Marshall.

I didn't like:
*The kindergarden kids.
*Doug.
*His toupee.

So, does Ted get in a fight with the goat? 'Cause that's what it looked like.
over a year ago nphfan said…
loved the sandwich reference and almost everything else about the episode. robin was sort of weird, though. oh, well, we all have our little preferences lol - she just doesn't seem like the kind of person to throw herself at a man.
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
There is another thing I forgot. We all know Ted is an unreliable narrator... but what aboot Slapsgiving? How could one forget aboot that?! I thought every year they were celebrating it all together Marshall, Lily, Barney, Ted and Robin? Instead LAME celebrate at the Eriksens'...
yeah..but i am unsure of what that scene was for anyway..the whole..light saber thingy :S
like it was just supposed to be funny!?

hmmm maybe it was a Christmas turkey :D
over a year ago shoom said…
yea but the light saber bit was quite funny!made me giggle.
But anyway,i think that the have scewed up Robin a bit latley,and
barney. Dont get me wrong i love Barney,but i think they should stop making him run away every time. its getting a bit old.They need to freshen him up just a little.The bit where Ted remebres all those times with Doug was clever,but a bit rubbish to the whole HIMYR gloriouse tradition.
But anyway i did find it really funny,so it worked!
yeah i really think introducing the brotp hook up this early was a HUGE mistake....:(
over a year ago MacLaren said…
i thought the episode was funny