How I Met Your Mother HIMYM Future storylines discussion *possible* *SPOILERS*/Episode Discussions

ladolcevita posted on Oct 15, 2008 at 08:53PM
Well, at the end of "Intervention" I think we all saw:
Robin & Barney's "look"
Robin's Ring
Lily isn't drinking
And, the fact that they are all still there at mc'larens in 2009.

Speculations, Anyone?

EDIT: I think we all saw "Shelter Island" which confirms:
The Goat story - Ted's 31st Birthday, Robin moving in with Ted, etc
BRo - Barney AND Robin definitely BOTH feel something
Ted & Stella: NEVER! - They won't be getting back together anytime soon.

BUT, on Wikipedia, this is the description of the episode "Happily Ever After", the next episode.
While out for dinner with the gang, Ted runs into someone from his past that prompts each of them to think about how they would handle bumping into someone they'd rather forget.
I think that this could either be: Victoria, or Stella, which would prompt this episode to be, maybe, two, three months into the future?
EDIT 2: NO HIMYM THIS WEEK! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EDIT 3: So... Episode 6. Discuss?
last edited on Nov 05, 2008 at 07:51AM

How I Met Your Mother 13 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Speculations =D Me likey.
I kind of want Marshall & Lily to have a baby but then again babies on sitcoms don't really work but I think it is the next big step in their relationship so I do kind of hope she is pregnant =D
Since this is spoiler alert:
Im guessing Ted & Stella get married, they have a good spell then a bad spell then she is gone? I guess future Ted could be divorced but that just doesn't seem very Ted, right? =D
over a year ago ari12 said…
Right, whenever I think about will Ted actually marry Stella?, I always come to the conclusion that he won't because he is not going to marry her and then divorce her, it's "unTed-like". I don't want to imagine that future Ted has been married more than one time specially considering that Ted loves the idea of being married.
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
oh well. we'll just have to wait until the next episode.
over a year ago ClaireBearhimym said…
Well, I saw an interview with Cobie Smulders that was in late September, even though she spoiled A LOT about the show, like her going to Japan.. And also. That she does end up going to Japan and she actually comes back and since ted has no roommate, and she has no place, supposedly she moves in with him. Which tells you that I guess Stella And Ted probably don't work out.

Hope this didn't ruin it for anyone. Dx
over a year ago banhouse said…
I do agree with the fact that Robin eventually moves in with Ted in the apartment, considering 2 things, first is obviously we now know that Stella will eventually marry Tony, second is the goat episode when the goat is eating robins towel which does indicate she does eventually live with him in 2009. I think "intervention" gave a lot away since it ended with Lily saying lets take the party upstairs refering to their home. But I do not think that Robin and Ted will end up back together because if anyone remembers from the pilot episode, the episode ends with bob saget (future Ted) saying, "and thats how i met your AUNT Robin."
over a year ago campluv98 said…
now,when u say 2 or 3 mths do u mean it will air in 2 or 3 mths or it will be SET 2 or 3 mths in the future?& j2luk(Just 2 Let U Kno)Tv. com says that "Happily Ever After" will air Nov3.dude,u may be reading too much into the Barbin&Lilly things @ "Intervention".but,idk.i kinda hope the gurl from past=Vicotria.:)& we all know Robin will move in w/Ted.& i do kinda that they done something similar to this ep in the past.like "Sandcastles In The Sand".& speaking of "SITS"aparrantely it was rerun Monday on CBS b/c EVERYTHING= a rerun tonite.so yea,i was a bit mad but i was also glad when i found out that that was the ep they were rerunning:).well bye 4 now.ttyl.
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
No, I mean it will be SET in the future

over a year ago ClaireBearhimym said…
@ Sauly. I think Alyson Hannigan really is pregnant now. O:! I know. It's awesome. My mom told me and that probably means they'll make Lily pregnant. I'm so excited.
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Yeah, I'd imagine Alyson told them about her being pregnant long before it was announced to the press so they probably added in Lily not drinking so that they could have the option of Lily having a baby and not having us geeks pointing it out =D

I remember in the commentary for one of the season 1 episode Carter/Craig said that they knew the kids would age and so instead of having to bring the back when they are obviously much older, they filmed the scenes with Ted reveealing the mother to them during season 1 and if you asked the kids now they owuld be able to tell you who she was.

That leads me to think that the mother is somebody mentioned in season 1. Just because then he can go back and say oh it was her. Im still rooting for the slutty pumpkin =P
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I was just talking to a friend aboot this, so I thought it'd be a great question for this forum. Do you guys think that Ted and Robin could somehow get back together? I mean Robin moved to Ted's apartment and she still doesn't know aboot Barney's feelings. Even her little speech on Ted's not-wedding made me thinking...

As for LAME I think Lily accidentally gets pregnant Let's have protected sex was way too obvious...
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago shaj said…
they are getting back together according to watch with kristin. This is what she says:
"Ted and Robin are getting back together! According to Barney, Ted and Robin are not only roommates, they totally back to having sex, and that means Barney is freakin' out. He starts buying home appliances just so he can smash them on the sidewalk. If he doesn't get his anger out that way, he might start crackin' skulls, so he decides crackin' TVs and microwaves is the way to go..."
so dont want this to happen!
over a year ago chehamstera said…
"they filmed the scenes with Ted reveealing the mother to them during season 1 and if you asked the kids now they owuld be able to tell you who she was."

while i really want to believe this is true and track the actors down and beat it out of them if i have to.. but they probably just filmed a reaction shot and just add the voiceover when the time comes... i honestly don't think the writers have told anyone, or whether they even know themselves
(though i hope they do and they're not just making it up as they go along or it could be very disappointing..)
over a year ago MacLaren said…
lol i agree, but i think it's a good idea to track down the actors and beat it out of them =)