How I Met Your Mother S4 E2 Best Burger Episode Discussions (Posssible Spoilers!!)

germany123 posted on Sep 30, 2008 at 01:42PM
what did you guys think??

i thought it was lame! Its like someone said:
Hmm regis philburn would be a great guest star..hmm how could he be on the show!?
*sees McDonalds wrapper*
burger story it is!!

also the continuity /love for detail are not as good as they used to be..aside from marshalls hair irritating me in the present i find it esp irritataing in the flashbacks.

tedella are still weird since..well she wasnt mentioned/seen /heard- i still think ted being the guy he is would move in with someone and THEN get married..not vice versa! meh they wont marry anyway- or maybe they will but get divorced....and then the mother is his divorce attorney and then he becomes a jew..oh wait no wrong show!

ANYWAY- this was lame...
What did you guys think?

How I Met Your Mother 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Finally! I thought I was the only one who thought the episode was pretty bad.

I don't know if I will like those stand alone episodes in the future. Marshall's unemployment was the only connection to the rest of the story but even this kinda sucked... He was funnier popping up behind someone's back asking what they were doing.

Finding world's greatest burger - craaaazy adventure... I just can't describe how lame it was. There were some good lines but they seemed forced at the end of the episode. I didn't even like Barney's GNB craziness, wasn't funny at all. Usually everything he says is funny but (I'm sorry to say this) not this time.
over a year ago chel1395 said…
I wasn't impressed with this episode either. I think the only time I laughed was when Barney would say "Member F.D.I.C." really fast. I'm just grateful that Marshall will be wearing pants from now on. Walking around in boxers only emphasizes the fact that he's gotten a little chunky since last season. And Robin eating out of the trash...gross.
over a year ago germany123 said…
^^yep it was all forced- they tried so hard it was like a lame collection of one liners..even marshlily werent cute and they normally are!!

oh and totally agreed chel- and that "robin gets no food in each place" has to be the oldest sit-com joke in the world
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I'm just glad Marshall's finally got a job so he now can afford a new haircut : D
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I didn't think it was totally lame, definitely not in the "Ten sessions" mold but it was definitely not one of the best. Few minor points.

What job on the planet is so important that Jason Segel needs to keep that haircut? It's just......... You know what? It makes me embarassed to have a die hard in his spot!

What was good
“It’s like an angel from heaven landed at MacLarens. Where the chef killed it and ran it through the meat grinder.”

“If he does get that burger pregnant I have dibs on the delicious burger babies.”

We have a new word to add to the Himym dictionary. Underpants radius =D

What was bad
Think you guys have pretty much summed them up. I still don't think the writers use Cobie Smulders right, she is a great comedic actress but when she is left to be "the girl who hasn't eaten" then she has nothing to work with!

Sidebar
I really do not like that Sarah Chalke is on two shows. This whole Stella being the centre of an episode and then the next week not even mentioned, I just don't like it.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
I actually did'nt like the whole hamburger thing, but maybe that's because I'm a vegetarian. I totally agree that Cobie wasn't used well
enough, but, I really DO NOT like Stella AT ALL. Maybe if she was another actor? I dunno. And, It was disgusting when Marshall was eating the burger, and they zoomed in on his mouth.
over a year ago germany123 said…
^^ ha ha the sauce on his cheek!? ewwwwwwwwwwww i saw that too :(
Really? I think if it was another actor I would like Stella less, Sarah Chalke is amazing.
The whole eating burgers in slow motion was just....ew.
Oh and P.s. I really don't like that now Himym appears to be writing episodes to fit celebrities instead of writing episodes and then fitting the celebrities into them. Regis wwas just so....regis, it was lame.
over a year ago ClaireBearhimym said…
The only part that I thought was really funny was Marshall's 'Ode To The Burger'. 'And then.. A pickle.. The most playful little pickle..'
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
No, wait i just whatched the NJ ep. Stellas cool.