How I Met Your Mother WELCOME! CBS content

germany123 posted on Jul 08, 2008 at 12:54AM
i am not going to even START on the whole keyword/ mark the friggin us-only content somehow subject
but that TUNNELGIRL just scared the crap oot of me...my speakers are on and i click on the video and boom: she screams THIS CONTENT IS CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE at the top of her robot voice.
i am now on my sofa trembling...

How I Met Your Mother 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Oh, now I see what you mean, Germany. I've just scrolled through the video section. This sucks! They should make it available everywhere or just don't put it up here...
over a year ago germany123 said…
yeah jen..it like hulu - they want to make them available because of the high quality etc
i have been complaining aboot it and told them they need to be marked somehow that you dont click on them but..nothing
I think there's more than one complaint necessary... If they marked it eventually they'd add more and more US content on Fanpop and this website would become less interesting... for me at least
last edited over a year ago
well youtube it starting it too have you noticed?
there was a clip in my updates and i couldnt view it . also some people have been "trolled" because they posted content from youtube which is only available in the u.s.
the times they are achanging..even on the net- its like when they shut down napster (how old are you? do you even remember this?)
oh look i am THAT observant..were you and i am just taking a wild guess here born in 85?
well maybe not..since i doubt that chel was born in 1395....
or was she????
No, I haven't noticed the US content on Youtube. Wow this becomes suckier! I loved the good old days when really everything was available on the Internet but I think these times will be over soon.
Yeah sure I do remember Napster : D Good guess Ger, I was born in 1985
i AM crazy intelligent y'know...

ooooh and i remember when messaging on mobiles was free! we would message each other across the table (because mobiles were so funky back then)!
...and nowadays they just seem to be so annoying because kids play their music so loudly on them as if they were at a dance club.

Back on the US content. You've probably heard of Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? I think it's a good idea they make it available everywhere in the world (I hope I got that part right otherwise I will be devastated not being able to see NPH) and then charge a fee to download it later after a couple of days. Maybe CBS, Hulu and others should do this as well... but not on Fanpop. I think this should be remaining a community with free and available content. This is such a great website so why destroy this little world where you can have so much fun?!
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
ARG. I only noticed this just now and I am not happy. We get marked down for having crap keywords, why is DrD not killing fanpop over their keywords being :
Cbs, official
Gee, thats helpful Mr CBS robot.
I know that the fanpop four are trying to improve the site but I liked it ALOT more before hulu and cbs came along.

I have no idea what you mean by Napster so please excuse my ignorance but in the movie the italian job, they guy seth green plays complains that this guy stole the idea for napster off of him, is that anything to do with your napster?
I just googled it and look :
In the 2003 remake of The Italian Job, a flashback depicts Shawn Fanning (playing himself) stealing the program from a computer expert played by Seth Green while the latter is napping, providing a humorous folk etymology for the name. Later in the movie on the Los Angeles traffic control boards we see the phrase "You will never shut down the real Napster".

Heeheehee =D Lol moment.
i think napster is back up..but this time around you have to pay :D
oh those were the days..i actually remember the first song i downloaded..wont that be a great story to tell the grandkids? my first illegal download...:D
Awwww =D That will be such a great story to tell them =D