How I Met Your Mother The closer it gets to knowing, the more I am unsure I want to.....

Debra819 posted on May 20, 2008 at 04:31PM
When the show started it drove me crazy not knowing who the mother was...but as the show has progressed and these people have become a real family...I kind of have reached a point where I don't want to know.

I love Sarah Chalke as an actress, but I really don't care for the Stella character. (Not that I think she will end up being the mother) The funny bottom line is that I have come to enjoy the chemistry of that five-some so much that trying to put a new character into the mix just makes it awkward.

So what is your opinion?

We have come on this journey with them, we know they are a complete, functional family that is still together way into the future...does the "payoff" the show was built on in the first place matter anymore since they have built such a great ensemble of characters and how can they please everyone who loves them with any answer they come up with?

What do you think?
save

How I Met Your Mother 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
yeah..personally when i started watching the show i didnt really care who the mother was. now that i fanpop quite a bit (ermmm yeah!okay..a lot)i enjoy the discussions and i think its fun to speculate. but i agree that i watch the show for the "gang" and their friendship. i do however want the mother story to be totally awesome - i would be disappointed if it wasnt satisfying...and i still hope that its someone new, someone we havent met i.e. the soulmate and/or the slutty pumpkin.
i think that would be a good story ( and would fit the show nicely) that they meet and then find oot she was right under his nose the whole time but had to evolve to be able to meet her and be with her. gosh im a hopeless romantic :D
over a year ago Debra819 said…
Haha, I think it would be hilarious if it turned out to be the slutty pumpkin! That would be a resolution I would love.
And there is nothing wrong with being a hopeless romantic haha.
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
When I first heard about the show I watched it because of the great cast. With every single episode I became more and more addicted to HIMYM, great storyline, characters, awesome actors etc.

I feel the same about the mother. I don't want to know yet. Stella is okay as another girlfriend in Ted's life but that's it. I also think he doesn't know her that well so he should get married to her. Okay, that being impulsive thing's part of Ted's character and we don't know what her answer will be... I'm kinda losing track here : D

The point is I wish the show would go on for a few more years. It would be sad if it ended after only four seasons. So Future Ted should rather torture his kids for say another six years... There is so much potential in the characters and the story I just don't want this to end so abruptly.

I think I've made my point clear : D
last edited over a year ago