How I Met Your Mother SPOILER WARNING! Episode 20 "Miracles " (Discussion)

germany123 posted on May 19, 2008 at 09:40PM
ok i know its a bit early..but i am so excited aboot the season finale!! :D
all the articles ive read make it seem like its going to be legendary..wait for it dary!
its probably going to be pretty emotional between teddy boy and the barnacle awww and a little bit of brotp- oh i cant wait (ok I CAN..i wont be getting up at 5.30 :D)

but on a sadder note: no more HIMYM for a while!!
thats a bit depressing..but heck just imagine had they not renewed it so i wont really complain!

everybody seems to be oot of town or something but im used to talking to myself..:P
how excited are we motherheads!?
last edited on May 19, 2008 at 09:42PM
save

How I Met Your Mother 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sprouseter16 said…
WHATTT??? season finale today!?!?!

aww mann...

well...i really hope Barney gets to be part of the "group" again..
over a year ago inespinto said…
We are very excited! I too will not be getting up at 5:30 to watch it because I just can't do it but I'm soooooooooooooo excited! It's going to be legendary for sure! But I'm very depressed, no more HIMYM, no more The Office, what will I do from now on??? Also I'm 'jumping up and down' excited for BroTp!
over a year ago germany123 said…
this is like writers strike the sequel :P
what do they want us to do... read books!?
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I am super excited!! I haven't checked the forum in a while, I feel bad. I wasn't going to read this incase of spoilers but then I thought, why would Germany have seen it before me?

YAY. I bet the episode will be legendary....wait for it....dary!! Although now they know they have a fourth season they might end on a cliffhanger. If they do I will cry. Well, I won't cry. I will just sit all summer thinking of possible things that will happen.

Actually, I have just started reading Twilight so it is perfect timing. Three more books in the series should keep me entertained for the first feew weeks of no episodes, then what am I going to do?
what is that twilight series all about!? ive only ever heard about it on fanpop but it seems to be big uhm.. outside of germany!
seriously sualey would I post spoilers :P?
i think there will be a cliffhanger...but why are there no promos?
It's about a vampire. Which sounds scary but it is basically a love story. That makes you fall in love with a fictional person. I didn't really read it when it came out because I thought it sounded crap but I finished Wuthering Heights and i had run out of old books to read so I went for a new one and I LOVE it. In a non geeky way =D

Because cbs SUCK. Britney is on the show so we get 50 flobiddy jillion promos, however the finale isnt worth one PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.
over a year ago etteloc said…
OK i just finished the episode so you gotta watch it so we can talk about it!!
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I couldn't wait to see it so I had to get up at 5.30... Well, that's because I am a totally obsessed fan : D

Spoiler alert! Don't go on reading if you haven't watched the episode yet

I just say I literally didn't like the ep at all. I think this was even worse than having Britney on the show last week.

I didn't laugh at any of the jokes. Well, except for the suit of money/giant boob joke... I liked that Barney and Ted got back together and that BRo seem to come back in season 4.

I thought there was a huge finale but it didn't seem to be huge for me. Maybe that's because I did read all the spoliers... I saw the end (really I don't say what happened, so I don't spoil too much) coming. We all know Ted and he had to play that card sooner or later. I am not sure if I like this yet. Just talking about the storyline...

But maybe I am the only one who thinks it wasn't that great... Tell me what you guys think.
over a year ago cicino1 said…
omg i just watched tha ep it was brill ted and barney back together and OMG barney is in love with robin yeaaaaaa
i thought the episode was cute. not "wow best episode ever" but cute.
as for ted and stella as much as i like stella..i just dont feel it. i just dont care for them and i definitely dont want to see them married!
the brotp moment was nice.. i liked that
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks it's wrong if Stella and Ted got married : ) It kinda seemed to be forced...
i thought it was touching how they all rushed to see ted and lilys fake phone conversation with barney was funny..the way she went "suit-up" was great. the episode had its moments..but ted and stella!? it wasnt even a cliffhanger cause i couldnt care less...well except i hope she says no..whats with this guy anyway? one moment hes worried about making plans for 6 months into the future and then he has a very minor car accident and now he wants to get married...they better have some brain damge up their sleeve cause i aint buyin' it!
next season better start with a "NO are you crazy"

p.s. feel free to write anything you want i changed the title and gave a spoiler warning :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago xoxJoJoRulesxox said…
Awesome Episode :) Loved The Fact Barney LOVESSSS Robin :)
I don't think this was a cliffhanger either, season 1 is the only time I have really waanted to know what happens (With Lily & Marshall) and as much as I love Stella/Sarah, something doesn't feel right with her and Ted. Although I wouldn't actually mind if she was the mother.

I liked the episode. I mean deffo not in my top ten but I think better than Britneys. I thought Barney was super cute. His BrOTP moment aahhhhhh that's the type of moment I wrote in my story. So if we just go back in time, take away the sex and have it AFTER Ted proposes to Stella, I would be ok with that =D

Ted is a confusing guy but I am surprised it's taken them three series to get him to propose to somebody. We did all know it was coming. Also I love how he's not even hurt but he had a life changing moment. HAH. Those things dont happen in real life. In real life you get 50 broken bones like Barney.

I just babbled on there and I can't even remember my point. So yeah. Those are my thoughts =D
Edit:Wow. I cannot spell basic words like that.
over a year ago The_Mixed_Tape said…
When did he come
When did she leave
For the blue-eyes angel with the broken wing
He shall return
Yes
Please do return
Do return
Please
Do return
Re-e-e-turn!
im not sure i get that...^

i really dont want stella to be the mother- as much as i like her character- i just dont think shes mother material.

i hope carter and craig read this: Please dont make her the mother :D

oh brotp brotp..now that teddy boy is ok with it: go!!! that look awwwww i just wish NPH would look at me like that one day. he can pretend i dont care :D
but i think its cute if they keep that secret love thing going for a while- which they will I am sure- so we have a REAL cliffhanger next season!

p.s. i couldnt look at those scenes with marshall. i kept thinking no wonder you have lice: you hair is too long and you look silly and thats the punishment for it ;D
over a year ago inespinto said…
I also did not love the episode, of course I didn't hate because I could never do something like that but it's not on my top ten!

Things I did like:
-Marshall and Robin and the 'Miracle' discussion - it's always fun to see cynical Robin against believer Marshall (like with the cockamouse)

-Barney running to see Ted

-Lily's fake conversation, I loved 'he's always saying things like that'

-Marshall with the lice cause it has one of my favorite lines when he 'talks' to the corner of the table

-And of course the BroTP part cause that was one of the cutest things I had ever seen, soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome!!!! Loved it! (I love BroTP)

What I didn't like:
Basically the Ted/Stella part because although I love Sarah Chalke and Stella, I don't see her as the mother and I hope she's not but I kinda saw the proposal coming because Ted was all like 'It's a miracle and I saw Stella' and bla bla
I totally agree with Germany on Marshall's lice story. I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw it : D

At least Ted's impulsive action kinda fits because he did say to Robin I love you on the first date. However, Stella would probably fit if she hadn't a kid already. That's some thing which really disturbs me. I also hope she will say no to Ted and I think they will do that. When she freaks on Ted telling his friends that she didn't have sex in 5 years what would she say to his proposal?
I know! I mean for crying out loud, the hair? It's just plain embarassing. I would rather shave my head like Natalie Portman than have his hair.

I find with Stella, I am really biased. I keep seeing her as Elliott, who deserves to be with a happy man and is afraid of Children because of their tiny hands (Scrubs)

If Carter and Craig do read this - Guys, we love the show. However, if you don't force Jason Segel to get a hair cut we will boycott the show.

Ger, NPH looks at me like that, every single night........in my dreams, but still. YAY for a real cliffhanger. Actually no because then they might cancel it on a cliffhanger and believe me, WORST THING EVER. I still want to know what happened with the class.

What I also loved but had forgotten about : The miracle pencil. It was strangely disturbing to see a pencil coming out of NPHs nose.
over a year ago Debra819 said…
The miracle pencil shot is now my wallpaper on my work computer. :)

But Barney has always had a thing for Robin, surprises me this seems new to some viewers. He has always seen her as an equal which Barney probably never thought existed. I doubt they will end up together, it really doesn't seem a long term good idea, but it's fun embracing it.

I also agree whole heartedly about Stella. She is NOT the right choice, and it feels really forced. I keep thinking back to Marshall on the steps with Lily's ring...THAT was a cliffhanger!!!!
We know Barney has had a thing for Robin for ages, we just love the moments with him. It all started in Season 1, Episode 4! I made a video about their moments and I only made part one and it lasted like five minutes but part two has their moments in season 1 =D

My wallpaper is Cobie SMulders but I think the miracle pencil makes a totally better one!!
oh dont remind me of the marshmallow lilypad break-up i am literally! on the verge of crying every time i see it...who found brotp surprising!?
anyway we can all agree: we dont want stella to be the mother!

as for brotp i want them to end up together but at the end of the show..like ted and mommy!
some barney hiding his true feeling should be funny..but didnt carter or craig say that barney gets a girlfriend next season?

thing about stella/ the mother being revealed: how would they put it!? if the kids hear their mothers name..show is over! and wouldnt they know their older half sister is called lucy?
well that settles it: the mother MUST be blah blah!
ok no..she can still be soulmate, slutty pumpkin or totally new random chick.
anyway: i think before i totally diss the whole story i will take the time this summer to watch season 3 in context! and for season 4 i seriously vow to avoid spoilers. thing is: i watched the first 2 seasons online without ever reading about anything..and though s3 might not be as strong as the other two- partly for me- its also always knowing in advance how things will turn oot. the whole dog turning into a turtle thing wasnt brilliant but cute somehow..and probably funnier had i not known what would happen.
I know about Marshmallow & Lilypad-The pause break. Oh my gosh *tears* and then the reunion! "Shouldn't you be going back to your date?"
"Your crazy" Awwwwww!!

No Stella for the mother! Personally I'm hoping for the slutty pumpkin. It would be such a funny story =D I mean the writers can make it her, or the soulmate from Matchmaker or bumped into girl from St Paddys Day. I know about Stella, once he says her name it is OVER. Story told, he met the mother. End of.

Barney hiding his feelings could be a LEGENDARY storyline!

I agree about the spoilers. I mean I knew EVERYTHING that was going to happen in the Gossip Girl finale and it was crap! Ok, from now on. I, Sualey underscore mikoliunas, promise to not read spoilers about How I Met Your Mother and to avoid any possible chances of reading spoilers as much as possible.