How I Met Your Mother Everything Must Go - Episode Discussion

Saul_Mikoliunas posted on May 13, 2008 at 01:40PM
Oh dear. Prittnay, prittnaey, prittnay. If she was any other actress she would be GONE. Never acting again. Yet because she is Britney, she gets praised. I genuinely didn't believe one word that came out of her mouth.
If it had been another actress I probably would have enjoyed the Barney being cute a lot more but to be honest if she brought out the viewers, which gave us a fourth season then I can handle it.

I thought Cobie was pretty much awesome. She only had about four lines but those lines were awesome.
Loved the Robin & Ted discussion of LIly's painting and Ted's boots? So not pulling them off =P

Overall it was average. About a 7 out of ten (Bearing in mind, the worst ever episode of Himym still got a 5)

What was your thoughts on the episode?

How I Met Your Mother 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
zzzzzzz

oh sorry what was the question?*yawns* oops i guess i fell asleep during the episode!
over a year ago chel1395 said…
Britney was actually pretty good the first time she was on HIMYM. This time, it was pure torture watching her. I'm pretty sure someone was behind the camera, holding a cue card with her lines on it, because she kept staring off set whenever she said her lines. Her entire performance was forced and robotic. They should have left her guest appearance to the one time. Other than that, I enjoyed the episode. Not superb, but good. Ted with his red cowboy boots...ah, bliss. :D
well it had its moments..the red boots, NPH is awesome no matter what, robin was funny- but that barney/ abby thing was just not funny imo. and lilys painting calming down dogs..mkay..but funny?
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
This ep was the worst ever!! I agree on NPH's awesomeness and that Robin was funny.

However, the rest of it was just... how do I say this? It was crap. I didn't like Barney and Abby. No, this story did not work for me eventually. How can Abby be the mystery girl or did I get something wrong? It doesn't really fit... I've also expected a funnier story than 'Uh now we show Ted how lame he is'. Okay I honestly did not expect them to get married for real, was just a crazy thought I had in mind. Anyway I hoped they would do a bit better than showing their wird couple love.

I'm so happy HIMYM got picked up for a 4th season but I truly hope they're never gonna let Britney in again. There are more actresses out there who have way more talent than this one (can't even call her actress, can we?).
ive been thinking: you know how they are putting the boots up for the auction!? makes the storyline seem leß (for you sualey :P) funny...
like they had those red boots somewhere and just wrote that story to be able to sell them afterwards- also i think it would have been a little leß "we are selling these" hadnt he worn them outside! his pants the whole time- what kind of a look would that be even with regular boots? for a guy? and for one who wears black t-shirts and plaid shirts!?
neither pulling off the boots nor the storyline imo
over a year ago cheshirecat said…
I just think they set a bad precedent for changing the "mystery girl" to Britney. That kind of throws a monkey wrench into everything, since before the only changes were due to misunderstandings and were cleared up by the end of the episode. Now we can not necessarily trust anything Ted says in the story.
over a year ago mewashington said…
Please help mee!! :) What do they mean with saying ''pulling them off''?? I'm not American and i barely understand the parts which they use ''pulling them off''. Please explain to me. :)
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Pulling them off. It is a phrase that is often used and for example in this case "Pulling them off" meant looking good. If I was to wear a blue hat and somebody told me I was Pulling it off it would be a compliment like it suits me, I can wear this whereas with Ted's boots, he looks silly in them therefore he wasn't pulling them off. Make any sense?
over a year ago mewashington said…
I love you Saul_Mikoliunas!! :) Thank you so much, you're so kind!
over a year ago loveygal said…
I think it was an alrite episode. But Britney being the mystious girl was just a bit stupid and unbelievabe. I mean they build it up as a big storyline and then its like meh. And i loved robin buying lilly clothes awesome.
mewashington said:
I love you Saul_Mikoliunas!! :)

dont we all!? :P

Heehee, I'm loved =D That's because none of you have ever spoken to me in the morning =P
I do think the whole Britney being the one doing that to Barney was stupid, clearly they added that and then thought hey Britney's back we could make it her. They total chickened out making a better story. Still I laughed out loud five times in a crap episode. Shows how good himym is =)
How did I miss Germanys post earlier with the leß?? heeheeheeheee.....ok yes Germany, I'm with you. It was sort of a write the storyline for the boots so we can sell them as opposed to write the storlyine and boots are funny. Did that make sense?
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I've just rewatched Everything Must Go and I noticed another Doogie reference. When Barney and Abby were showing Ted how lame he is, Barney said: “You know, movie night with my girlfriend then waiting for her to go to bed so I can steal one pitiful moment of hollow ecstasy by the cold blue light of my computer monitor.” I love it : D