How I Met Your Mother The Goat Episode Discussion

Jennifer1985 posted on Apr 29, 2008 at 04:09AM
So guys, what do you think? I actually liked the episode. How did you feel about Barney? Sure, what he's done to Ted was more than bad. However I felt a little sorry for him. He was being honest to Ted and really regretting this in some way...

How I Met Your Mother 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago cicino1 said…
i didnt like ted at all he was so horrible to barney , lilly was funny when she was talking to robin about her nit with barney also if the goat is gonna be there 4 his 31st birthday does that mean lilly gets to keep the goat????
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Yeah, Lily was great Did he have any devices? : D Either she keeps the goat or Future Ted somehow mixed the stories... but that wouldn't explain the goat on the roof...

I understood Ted's anger but I think it's a little harsh to quit their friendship. I also thought they are just not being bros anymore but keep the friendship on distance for a while. However, it's a violation against the Bro Code, that's for sure.
last edited over a year ago
what did you think about robin living at teds ????
I don't know what to think about it. Maybe they're back together one year later... That's confusing... She probably realizes that Ted's the better match for her after all. It could be possible that she's then ready to have kids and they try it again. Later of course they break up because this time it's Ted who thinks Robin's not the one.

What's your theory?
well the way ted said was " robin wasnt leavin here on me 30th " im thinking maybe she moves in with ted when lily and marshall move out but i dont think they get back together !!!!!
Sure, they don't have to get back together. Right now it's just so weird thinking about them living together in the future...
yea i no hehe i really love marshall in dat ep aswell he was so funny trying to keep himself from telling ted hehe
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I think that Ted moves out and moves in with say a future girlfriend and Robin takes his apartment and Lily and Marshall move out into their apartment.
I felt bad for Barney but it was his own fault. I half wanted to hug him and half was thinking pfft, You asked for it. I thought Ted was awesome, in all honesty if it had been me I would have done worse than punch him in the groin. I would have made sure he is never having babies ever again.
over a year ago germany123 said…
yup what sualey said. sure we love barney...but that was just grrrr
what i didnt like was that barney got all the blame. i mean robin wasnt really innocent either!
AND I LOVE RANJIT!!!!
over a year ago sprouseter16 said…
ahhh, loved this episode!!

but, seriously, ted.
he was being so rude to barney!!!
its not like he took advantage of robin...
oh children..one days you will understand
I'm glad Ger finally came to back me up! I mean, would you forgive your best friend for sleeping with your ex? Hell, my best friend flirted with my ex and I was mad for like a month!
sorry sweetie i was gone for two days..
seriously kids- just think about it for a moment! im pro brotp an all but just imagine how teddyboy must feel!
Im with sualey and ranjit on this one!!
over a year ago inespinto said…
I'm with Ger and Sauley too, if my best friend slept with my ex I would be seriously pissed off, I wouldn't cut her out of my life but I will be very angry and I know she would be too if I did it. So I think Ted has the right to be upset, I just hope him and Barney make up soon. But do you think he should be upset with Robin too? I don't think he should because she done nothing wrong, they're not in a relationship anymore, she can sleep with whom ever she wants and she didn't break the Bro Code!
over a year ago zuntiz said…
I loved barney in this episode, when he was all paranoid :)
I don't think that ted and robin should get back together, but perhaps she moves in like when rachel moved in with joey in friends...
i think if ted can be pissed off at barney he shud be pissed off at robin it takes too !!!!!
over a year ago sid3000 said…
i felt so bad for barney. i serious thought that he was gonna cry. i almost wanted to cry :(

but i don't get it, he forgave robin, but not barney even though it takes 2 to tango. it's so not fair!
over a year ago Kamilla said…
Ted should blame Robin too... Or just forgive Barney...=]
Im pretty sure this will be a big lesson for barney though!
the guy deserved a good kick in the groin!LITERALLY :D

we love him yes but im glad someone is shaking his little " i do whatever i want"- world and yup im gonna say it: force him to actually feel something.( pass me the sick bucket- im making myself puke!)
i think theyve been building it up for while now. marshall said some pretty harsh things to him in "chain of screaming" and also in this episode really tried to make him see that it wasnt just about "the brocode" but his guilt and fear of losing ted as a friend. as with the other seasons this arc probably ends with barneys and ted "being seperated" and next season ( THEY BETTER!!!!!) will be the reconciliation and barney to a certain extent "rethinking"himself and his actions.
but hey what do i know...
Yup i'm with Germany again.
About Robin-He forgave her because she was feeing upset and vulnerable after getting dumped so she slept with Barney. Barney was just feeling horny. Anybody else get my point?
yeah true....but even when feeling vulnerable if it aint yours....shit NPH was an exception to that rule! hmmmmm....also robin told him straight out. no ill kidnap you, take you to vegas etc!
I would still be a little bit mad at RObin if I was Ted to be honest but since I'm not Ted, I find it difficult to be angry at Robin for getting with NPH. I mean............NPH. I would hit that...... =D
over a year ago ari12 said…
I really liked this episode. I loved seeing a new side to Ted, we always see him as the "good guy", seeing him mad, I mean really really mad, to me was great! I didn't like the fact that Ted was so forgiving with Robin and was so mad to Barney; he should have get mad to both of them!

Lily was very funny in this episode! The Bro Code was amazing. I'm not really sure about what the writers try to say with that ending (Robin and Ted living together?), but all I could think of is "we have to wait another year to find out why was there a goat in Ted's birthday?"