How I Met Your Mother Desperate need to rant and discuss

inespinto posted on Apr 24, 2008 at 04:10PM
Ok yes this is going to be about Robin and Barney cause I've been without my computer for three days and since I can only watch HIMYM on-line I had to wait and I JUST saw it. Now I'm in a super excited, overly giddy, completely girl mood and I literally jumped when I saw THE SCENE!
And I know that there are many different opinions to either this was a good idea or not but, in my opinion, it's great especially since I've been waiting for this since Barney went bare pickled in front of her and I knew that it could only happen now because she was obviously going to be with Ted in the 2nd season, So basically I've been waiting for this in a more realistic way since the beginning of the season!! I am very confident that the writers will handle the whole situation in a manner that is satisfying and if nothing else we (Barney and Robin fans) got to see this very good kiss (I imagine =D) I think that's all, you don't have to answer if you're not in the mood, I just needed to talk about this and it didn't seem necessary to write an entire soapbox!
last edited on Apr 25, 2008 at 06:11PM

How I Met Your Mother 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I actually think the way they got together was...perfect. The Robin being sad, Barney comforting her, the unanimous mocking of Robin Sparkles and then the kiss, it was perfect. It is just totally the wrong time. I mean Ted said she was the one and there is no way he is over her this soon. Im praying that they find a way to make it all good because it had/still could have the possibility to be the best hook up on the show ever. Ever. Ever, ever ever =D
over a year ago inespinto said…
I think it was great that we got to see a different Barney but at the same time that scene is also a great example of their great friendship and I did not know it was going to happen so I got more excited than with Jim and Pam last week! (which is hard!)
last edited over a year ago
I know, right? I didn't think anything could top the "Hey Pam..............will you wait for me while I tie my shoe lace?" but brotp was 50 flobiddy jillion times better. I guess only time will tell about the future of brotp.

over a year ago germany123 said…
as usual i agree with sualey.
i love brotp seriously- ive been a huge supporter!
this is just such bad timing and i hate to see ted get hurt by two important people in his life.
its great for robin..and its great for barney and i felt the whole scene was very " real" in the sense that it didnt feel like acting but like genuine friendship and of course sensitive barney was aww squared. and ive been very open and honest about my real life crush on NPH
but ted..oh poor teddy boy. my sweet sensitive ted..he just doesnt deserve this..
(A little detour from the conversation but Sauley my heart stopped when Jim got on his knee, and I mean almost LITERALLY stopped and I almost cried when he showed the ring, the episode made me go all JAM crazy!)

Returning to the conversation, I don't Ted to get hurt, sweet Teddy Boy does not deserve it at all so I'm worried but that's is LITERALLY the only thing that makes me retract my excitement because if it weren't for that, it would be sooooo incredibly AWESOME!!!! And I know NPH is gay but he's a veryyyy good actor because that kiss made me fly through the roof!
Ok first-Oh my gosh, I know! Jam aren't even my fave couple and in like 5 minutes they managed to make me fall in love with them and bump them up to number 3 on my fave couples list!
Second-I think we all need to agree that if Teddyboy was out of the picture, it would be the most awesomest getting together ever!
Thirdly-Germany, I'm worried that you are myself and somehow I'm schizophrenic and not realising it so please list five things you love and I will hopefully not love them and it will prove that I amen't crazy =)
1) inespintos icon (now that i saw the film)
2)NPH (who is in fact bi and NOT gay)
3)chucklair/ bluck i dunno what are they called!? on GG..my guilty pleasure show
4)todd and samantha on samantha who?
5)HIMYM in general

and in real life
1) HIMYM!!
2)chocolate
3)spanish music, language and anything to do with spain
4)hmm how do i say this without sounding endlessly cheesy... people with an original sense of humor
5) spring ( ok thats really cheesy too but its just getting warmer over here and i am freaking out about sitting outside in the sun, wearing sunglasses and getting rid of my gloves,scarves etc)

(I did not know that he is bi, I thought he was gay, which basically means there is still hope!) I know the comment was meant for Sauley (who I just complimented and voted for on the Fan of the Fortnight) but, besides Todd and Samantha (I never watched Samantha Who), I love all of those things!
Great. I'm insane. You are me. I am schizophrenic. Great.

I love Juno, second fave movie ever. I love NPH. I love Chuck & Blair. (I like calling them Chair =D )I love Todd & Samantha. Todd is the cutest thing ever. His new gf is Crazzzzyyyy.

I love chocolate. Im learning to speak Spanish. Although I prefer Spanish men with hot Spanish accents to the music, the music is still awesome. I love people with an original sense of humour, thats why fanpop is so awesome. Full of crazy funny people. I love Spring.

Inespinto-I literally feel all happy today =D Thanks for the awesome compliment! I'm still leading =D Although I have to act cool and pretend like it's not a big deal.

What was this forum all about at the start again?? =D
You don't have to act cool here, you can be excited and overly obnoxious and brag a lot, that's what fellow HIMYM lovers are here for!!! I think it was something about HIMYM and something. I can't remember, I was always bad at [insert whatever you want here, not very amusingly inspired today]
Haha but I like to try and keep up my cool reputation. Also my nice one =D The other day someone made a sick profile about Lila856 with a horrible picture and she knew who it was so i wanted to start messaging them with nasty thoughts but then I though to myself no, Katie. Be nice. Be calm. Report it and ignore it. And now the account and account maker are suspended =D So the moral of the story is, fanpop is awesome.

We are totally off the subject now. Lets start a new one. On a scale of one to ten, how hot is Neil Patrick Harris? After watching the episode where Lily paints him nude again, I'm going for fifteen =D
erm yeah before i start rumors..he is bi in my head only, i suppose. pity. my head is a wonderful place..so much better than the real world at times. the things i did with NPH last night..rrrarrrr
oh sualy you TOTALLY deserve to be fotf!!
sheesh maybe we are all one person..and if thats true w are all fotf..thanks for the shout out btw oh its that textspeak waiting to come out again
whats your number one favorite movie!?
NHP..defo a 21!! or 83 for that matter...

over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Weird question, but has anyone actually considered the fact that he hasn't always been gay? Was there a time where he at least once had a gf?

Please don't judge me but such questions sometimes just pop up in my mind...
i dunno in NPH case- but all gays i know had heterosexual relationships. some were even married and had children. i am sure there are some who always knew they were gay and never started a heterosexual relationship but i think the majority goes through a phase where they are uncertain and therefore try a heterosexual relationship first. have you seen " for the bible tells me so"? i posted it in the debates spot..good film on this topic ( and on the religious aspect but also on how people knew they were gay)
just in reference to you saying: the fact that he hasn't always been gay? Was there a time where he at least once had a gf?
i think ( and from what ive been told by gay friends) people are either gay or not ( or bisexual or not..as i will still keep telling myself in NPH case) and dont "turn gay" at some point..even if they have a hetero relationship..they somehow feel "different" but might not be ready to admit it to themselves and their environment.
am i making sense!?
My head is so much more fun than the real world too =D

My favourite movie of ALL time has to be Pride & prejudice. The one I watch the most is the one with Keira Knightley in it though. I can't help myself. I just watch that scene in the rain over and over and over and over again =D

Yeah, that makes sense. Therefore in my head he has always known he was straight and his relationship with David feels "different" but he is just with him because he hasn't met me yet.

If we are all the one person we would totally be a fanatic. We would be an even bigger fanatic of the show than Kathiria is of One Tree Hill.
I don't think anyone would ever be more of a fanatic in anything than she is of One Tree Hill but it would be pretty close!
Returning to the original topic and since Germany thinks they deserve a better story, how would you do it? Cause I can't see them starting any other way than this... (btw just watched the scene again, going a little insane but it's what keeps me going until next episode)
erm i think sualey has a little something prepared..

i think a drumroll please moment would have been enough for me! yknow..they kinda aknowledge the fact theyve got this "thing" (a penis?) and then..nothing happenes for a while. in season 1 barney calls ted first and then birthday suits up. i dunno im no writer( sualey??) but i think top priority needs to be that ted is ok with it..or at least knows whats going on! robin and him ended up alone at the table in the last episode. maybe we will see that in more detail and they talked about moving on or something
If it had happened my way then at first they would have had Ted get together with a girlie. Fall hard for her. Get dumped. Sit at the table with Robin. Robin is sad. He is sad. They dont have pity sex though because wait for it.....they are over each other! Robin is upset. She got dumped by some other random dude....then the hook up would happen!

Actually no, I think it would be funnier if Barney starting falling for Robin but denied it. Robin (Blissfully unaware of his growing feelings) starting being bros with him and Barney finally admits his feelings, robin freaks out. He freaks out. After many months of confused commitaphobe....ness they get together.

I dunno, I have like twenty different ways for them to get together =D
i like the idea of robin and ted having a little were over it conversation..i hope we will see this in the next episode..oh its almost 2.00 off to bed because we all know
NOTHING good ever happens....
over a year ago russell2305 said…
I'm slightly worried that this is the end of Barney and Ted's relationship. He doesn't really mention Barney that much in relation to his future self. Hopefully this is just me over speculating but the signs are kinda there. Can't wait to see the Bro Code come into effect. Maybe it can all be settled with Ted asking Marshall to cash in one of his slap bet slaps as payback to Barney. Although that would bring us closer to no more slap bet. I'm willing to take that risk! :D
Sualey, I like your story with Barney being scared of his feelings for Robin. You should have send it to the writers. I really hope they won't mess up the finale.
russell im pretty sure that wont happen..he does say" your uncle barney" to the kids..i think anyway!
okay i officially vote for sualey to publsih her version here on fanpop...!
anyone to support me :D?
Sure, I also support this ; )