How I Met Your Mother Finale Opinions?

Saul_Mikoliunas posted on Apr 21, 2008 at 11:13PM
So the writers have said that for this season finale all the characters will face what Carter Bays calls a "life-changing moment," playing into "the ideas of this show, about destiny and free will and how little control we have over our own lives."

Any ideas on what that might be?

Now since someone has confirmed Barney is getting a girlfriend this season and it is someone we know and since the episode description for the May 5th episode says
Ted has "broken up" with Barney as a result of the fallout from "Sandcastles" and "The Goat," so Barney tries to move on by finding a new bro/Padawan to mold in his image.

Therefore adding more to Germany's theory that Barney and Robin hook up. So do you think that the finale also has something to do with Barney possibly hooking up with Robin?

This is all a bit rubbish but my head is fuzzy,ans I am not sure if that makes sense but if not, please just smile and nod.

How I Met Your Mother 15 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Sure it makes sense after the last episode. Maybe they add a new character to the show when Barney tries to find a new bro. Well, thinking about it, that makes no sense. Him being split from the group and going out with a new friend... Nope... First I thought Robin would become pregnant with Barney's child. That would be interesting... At least it somehow fits to Bays' statement. I just can't think about something else to happen. Maybe you have more ideas to come up with...

I get more and more excitied with each episode.
over a year ago germany123 said…
i am too shocked to think right now..ive just watched the episode.

breathe in..and out...and in...
will come back later
why oh allmighty tv-storyline-god did you have to give the writers such baaaaad inspiration!?
you know how theres these hate spots about tv couples on fanpop..and i always thought that that was really lame!?
well im on the verge of creating one.
I LOVE BROTP..we all do..but this!? Is this the finale because were not getting a new season?
if it is..ok if this is the last season TV-god-forbid its okay for barney and robin to hook up BUT....NOT like this. theres no going back now...there could have been a Drumroll please moment..and THEN they keep it a secret until ted says listen i see whats going on im over it go ahead. but this!? robin being a bitch and barney self-proclaimed best friend they both deserve to...oh im not going to go there...i am even losing my sense of humor over this.
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Awww I feel bad for you =D I feel like you need to go to an antenatal class so they can tell you to breathe! Breathe! Breathe! Im with you to be honest but Im waiting till next week before I full freak out because this could just turn out to be a kiss =D Fingers crossed. (Skipping the fact that its wrong how cute was barney at the bar?)
i know...it was cute..they are cute..i loved barney...super cute I KNOOOOOW but its freakin wrong like this..they deserve a better story than: oops we kinda made oot and now everybody hates us.

i would totally make oot with NPH- such a shame im not his type..ive got this thing ;)
You are not alone Germany, I think 90% of the HIMYM fans would make oot with NPH. maybe not muse_fan.. actually maybe muse_fan. You never know =D
Okay, I didn't quite get why you freaked in the first place, Germany. Maybe I was blinded by the 'oh they're so cute together' thing : D Yeah, I agree on this, they should've had a better story for this. I think the writers were pushed immensley since the 3rd season has only 20 eps. They were just forced to come up with something that lame so they can bring Robin and Barney together...

Uh, and I'd like to join the 'making oot with NPH' discussion : D I had a huge crush on him in his Doogie Howser days. He looks way better today however.
last edited over a year ago
yeah dont get me wrong here..brotp is cute and awesome and they are a perfect match and i totally want them to end up together etc
just not behind teds back when like i dunno 6 episodes ago ted and robin "baked pies" together!
Bringing back the talk to NPH, Isn't it such a shame that the hottest one is gay? Why is the hot one always gay?
I'm torn. I love BrOTP together, I also think they are a perfect match but who would do that to their friend? I mean Ted & RObin have been broken up for how long?
*Runs off to find out how long it has been*
So they broke up two to three weeks before Lily and Marshall's wedding........... In Slapsgiving Lily says that they broke up six months ago which is longer than i thought but still.......Thats only like half of the relationship length.
over a year ago sprouseter16 said…
haha...yes, why is the hottest one always gay?? ah, gosh neil is so hot, especially with thoses suits...

wait. do you guys know if theres a new season comming back?
No confirmation yet. Cbs sucks. Hopefully the "Britney Boost" Will have been enough to get a fourth season.
ok i really need to get myself to bed..but let me just say that even 6 months is nothing- considering how much ted loved robin. and that they broke up like: ok were really into eachother but we want different things!
and not: i hate you i never want to see you again!
aaaand rebound sex- like 6 episodes ago!?
to use robins word: slut alert!!!!

but yes NPH is -in my head- BIsexual and would totally consider making ooot with a woman.
AND hes into german women! who are brunette. and between 27 and 29. true story!!!
That's funny, in my head he is into scottish women with blonde hair and once he meets me he will realise that he isn't in fact gay, he has just been waiting his entire life to marry me =)
I once read NPH thought *whats her name* the one from Titanic (damn I really can't remember her name right now) was hot... But this was years ago. Kate Winslet, that's her name! I had to google it, this is sad... Allegedly he truly likes British women : D

However, I also have kind of the same thoughts Sualey and Germany have. In my mind he is also into brunettes and German girls : D One day I will find him. At that point he too realizes he's always been straight or he confesses that this gay thing was just a huge lie.

Well, I still have something to comment on the Ted/Robin break-up thing. How do you actually know that it's been 6 months after they've broken up? Future Ted doesn't tell the story chronologically. You can see that in the last few eps. Remember Barney's remark in 'Ten Sessions' ('You were like, no we cant. We're friends that will ruin the dynamic of the group')? Maybe it is already a year or more between the break-up and the B/R hook-up. And to make my theory work: Ted didn't mention Stella in the last episode whereas in 'Chain of Screaming' he did mention her plus Barney and Robin had still this thing going on.
last edited over a year ago