How I Met Your Mother The Chain Of Screaming Episode Discussion

Saul_Mikoliunas posted on Apr 15, 2008 at 04:37PM
Well I liked this one. I mean, there have been better but it is definitely an improvement on The Britney episode. I Loved the what Lily and Robin would do if they were Marshall (I think I would have gone with what Robin suggested) and I thought it was nice to see an episode centre aroun Marshall. I missed him these last few weeks.

Robin and Barney had some cute moments today. Them arguing over whether barney could call shotgun was funny. I also thought Lily and Marshall's moment at the end was super cute. Almost as cute as in the pilot when Marshall admits he doesn't like Pickles....onions? Something and Lily says "We'll make it work" =D

Side note:What is going on with Marshall's hair?? I know he is a big time lawyer but PLEASE get a hair cut!

Favourite Line: Your report is the crap that crap craps!!

How I Met Your Mother 21 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago germany123 said…
yep..its grow your hair month on HIMYM. ive asked before..is he growing it for a role or something? i definitely think josh looks better with short hair too.
i liked the episode..marshalls high pitched voice on the phone to ted was funny.lily was so sweet..barney was being an ass. i feel this is all lead up to the whole barney ted explosion..episode itself.. average but yup better than prittnay.
over a year ago inespinto said…
Marshall says he doesn't like olives. I liked the episode too, I also missed Marshall and I was wondering when he was going to realize he didn't want that job and wanted to save the world. Also the Robin and Barney moments always make me get all giddy, I love them (and Robin is right, you cannot call shotgun for eternity!). Horny Lily was funny especially when she asked Ted "Are you hitting that?" when she thought Stella was on the phone.
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
I've missed the first minutes unfortunately, so I couldn't see how Marshall got fired. Well, I think, I can watch it somewhere else... Anyway, I liked the episode with Marshall yelling at Barney 'Your mom is a slutty slut!' Just hilarious. LAME were awesome. I liked the scene in the end wehre they had sex on the kitchen floor as in the first episode. Yep, Jason is growing his hair for another role. I've heard that in an interview recently. So, Ted and Stella are seeing each other!? That's great news. I guess chances are good for Sarah Chalke coming back for one or two eps. Again I loved Robin and Barney how they were sitting on the backseat of Ted's new car. To sum up, 'The Pyramid of Screaming' (from now on I like to call it pyramid : D) was just too great! Can't wait til next week : )
last edited over a year ago
I liked the scene in the end wehre they had sex on the kitchen floor as in the first episod
huh? when was this..? i didnt see that..where did you watch it?
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
I didnt see that either =(
I've rewatched the ep here and on surfthechannel.com, there I didn't see the scene either. The first time I watched HIMYM online at 5.30 a.m. I then saw this scene. It was on after the last commercial break. I don't know who put this online at youtube or tudou, but they messed it up : P
over a year ago Melrose said…
Has anyone recently tried to get into CBS.com to watch this ep? Since the "kitchen floor" scene is the tag at the very end - USUALLY, that's where you'll find it...but when I try to watch it from there (CBS), all I get is a woman's voice saying "this content is currently unavailable". ARG! Anyone else having trouble getting in?
yep..but thats because im in europe..you are from the us though thats weird then...we cant watch anything on that site..unless someone can tell me how to get around that restriction ;)
Unfortunately I don't know either, It's so stupid that CBS is mad about people illegally adding the episodes to dailymotion or whatever but they don't seem to realise IF YOU LET PEOPLE OUTSIDE THE US WATCH IT ON YOUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE...THEY WOULD. Sorry. Cbs irritates me.
i guess it has to do with tv channels over here because they buy the series..and then no one would watch them because they air later..and advertising clients who advertise american products..so as usual: its all about the money,man!
Well I guess that makes sense for them only I don't want to get up at 5.30 in the morning to see an episode and then go on to discuss it with other himym fanatics but oh no, they are 2 series ahead of me! grrrrrrr.
I don't get it... They still could make a lot of money. It's not like that everybody has a perfect command of English (except for the English speaking world of course ; ))... It would only be a few people outside the US watching the show on CBS.com. Besides I'm gonna watch HIMYM anyway when they air it here in Germany in summer. I wonder why they took the kitchen floor scene though. I noticed another mistake when I was watching the ep at 5.30. You remember when Ted told Marshall about his little speech at the office. Marshall's boss said 'Ted' at first when he gave his speech. He didn't call him Marshall like he called Lily and Robin before... Something mysterious is going on around here... : D
where the heck do you watch HIMYM at 5.30 aaaand how do you get up so early?
i might watch it in germany for fun to check it out but how on earth are they going to translate it well?
on a german HIMYM forum someone wrote:wie ich mein/unser Glück kenne wird die Übersetzung verpfuscht, ich sag nur: "Das wird Oberaffen- warte, warte - GEIL!"

which basically means: oh knowing my/our luck theyll screw up the translation...and then gives a really lame translation of legen..wait for it...dary! maybe something like: super..wait wait..duper!
and how will they translate legen... wait for it and i hope youre not lactose intolerant cause the second part of the word is.. DARY!?

I watch it on tvunetworks.com It was a link you've recently added to this spot, btw ; ) I thought you knew...
I just can't wait til it's online. I think it's serious now... I am totally addicted to the show. That's how I get up so early : D

I also think the translation won't be that good. If they screw the whole thing up, I won't watch it either. I read the same thread too. I already have to say I don't like 'Oberaffen... warte, warte... geil' There are too many lines that are definitely not gonna work. How will they translate 'suit up' or even Barney's top 10 list of moving trucks? I guess they will find something unfunny in German for 'legen... wait for it and I hope youre not lactose intolerant cause the second half of that word is... dairy' and all the other lines. We will see...
Im starting to feel bad that I'm the only naturual english speaker on this spot and my english is worse than everybody else's =(
over a year ago inespinto said…
I'm starting to feel bad that I took German two years ago and I don't understand anything anymore! But in Portugal they don't double it (double? don't know how to say in English), they just put subtitles
you lucky bastards..we get the whole thing badly translated with like the same voice for bruce willis, meryl streep and freakin bigbird..
dont feel bad if you dont understand oberaffengeil..its an 80s word that was probably even lame in th 80s
Hah, I took German for two years at high school and I can only remember one thing : Ich liebe dich =D
However it is good that I can no longer speak German because apparently when I speak German my accent sounds like I am "having a stroke whilst talking" Actual quote. Said by my teacher. To me. While I was 10. British schools are awesome.

Question-How could they ever in a million years translate Robins line from a few episodes ago that I loved? The one where she says "No, actually, I would bet you a flobiddy jillion dollars" Thats just un-translatable. Is that a word?
I think they wouldn't translate flobiddy jillion. They often keep it the way it is because there's no better translation for it. I notice more and more anglicism scattered all over TV. Believe me I do love the English language (that's why it's my major at university) but somehow I don't approve anglicism in the German language...

I'd rather have subtitles than voices that don't even fit to the actors. I've googled the synchronization for HIMYM and I don't like what I read. Christian Tramitz will be the voice of Future Ted and Lily will be synchronized by the German voice of Drawn Together's Foxxy Love. I never heard of the other ones...
maybe fantastillionen? i heard that used by someone..what really bugs me is taht they speak german but call their parents mom and dad.."och dääääd das ist voll doof"
bugs me endlessly..they can just give it two audio channels..its like on the plane or on a dvd. so you can just choose. i realize that some people might be annoyed by subs..so just make it switchable..!
anyway
anyway what were we talking about?
i cant believ they did it...no " just a kiss" theories..they freakin played battleship in their birthday suits...grrrrrr
One more comment on the subs. They annoy me too, even the ones on Tudou. Fantastillionen sounds familiar, I think I've heard that one too. But it's not as awesome as flobiddy jillion : D

Yeah, they finally will play the other version of battleship. I never thought it'll be so soon and I don't know if I like it. At least they could have waited one more ep. They should talk about the kiss first. Maybe it sounds cheesy but they're just rushing into it. Sure, Barney takes every lay he can get but it's Robin!!!