How I Met Your Mother Thoughts on Episode 13

germany123 posted on Mar 25, 2008 at 01:07PM
well..i have to say..i just didnt like it!
There i said it!
this is hard for me y'know....
i can only hope that this episode was shot to get people to watch HIMYM..but it was just boring.
just your regular sitcom..and not even a funny one.
what is happening?
the only thing that i personally thought was funny- and i say this with all due respect for ms.chalke-
was when she said "i only have two minutes for lunch"..
maybe i just didnt see it..or get it..what do you guys think!?

How I Met Your Mother 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
To be honest I am really dissapointed. They could have got SO many more viewers in the coming weeks if they had made it a funny episode because so many more people were watching it because of Britney.I'm not sure if that makes sense.
I think I only really laughed once and that was when Barney said "I gotta go to the bathroom" and that was only because I am far too easily amused =D
I thought they could have taken much more advantage of Sarah Chalke, she really is a great actress/funny person but they just didn't give her good jokes.
Anybody else find the St Paddys day mention a bit weird? I think the writers are trying to make us HIMYM fans think that Sarah Chalke is the mother and then BAM......it will be somebody that has never been seen before =D
over a year ago germany123 said…
yeah..but whats with the non-stop hint dropping all of a sudden!?
I read somewhere- was it in that review i posted!?- that they obviously had to make adjustments cause alicia pulled out..and she would have been in 3 episodes..so they had to shorten the whole thing and maybe they edited out all the funny parts. ok im being mean- but im really disappointed, too.
I even watched it again cause I thought I had maybe missed something..but even the second time i just thought it was lame
I think the hint dropping is incase it doesn't get renewed. I am so tired right now but I will come bck with more thoughts tomorrow =D
Ok longer though time =D Poor Germany123 for having to read this =D
I think that I am actually REALLY dissapointed. It seems that the writers don't seem to understand just how big Britney is and take advantage of it. I mean Britney added one MILLION viewers to How I Met Your Mothers ratings. One million. For one person. Thats a hell of a lot of viewers. Viewers that How I Met Your Mother could really do with. I am going to put this episode in my "Don't really plan on watching again but might if I am really bored" with "The Limo" and "Monday Night Football"
I supposed it shows just how good HIMYM is that there have only been three bad episodes in my opinion =D SOrry if that got a bit off topic =D
am now a teensy bit drunk and will write more tomorrow. must not have more people misunderstand my bad sense of humor
i have some other storylines that i didnt really like..licking the liberty bell..the cockamouse..but the preview you posted looks really good. also ive noticed that its actually better to watch the show on dvd in sequence then you really appreciate the continuity.
as for episode 13..will forever be "tha prittnay-skip to next chapter" for me